Turner Construction Company Employee Reviews

I enjoyed my job with Turner
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ALJanuary 14, 2019
Turner was a great high speed relaxed job I would recommend a job with them to anybody.the management at Turner construction is also great they try to help you in anyway possible.
loved working for Turner
Co-Op (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 8, 2019
I found out about Turner several years ago and wanted to work with them. I got the opportunity to get an internship with them and absolutely loved it. I hope to return as a full time employee upon graduating from Ohio State
Strict but fun and you learn as you go
Laborer/Operator (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJanuary 8, 2019
Awesome place wish i could go back. The opportunity was great i learned alot with them. They gave me alot of advance opportunities. Everything is fair game
Pros
Feed you on holidays or nust out the blu
Interning with Turner Construction
Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 5, 2019
Turner Construction has provided me with an eye opening experience of the world of construction management and project engineering. In my time there, I have learned great time management skills along with the knowledge of many major construction programs and operations. Everyone in the workplace was eager to help me to learn about the specific project at hand as well as other projects with similar criteria. My time with Turner Construction has been very enjoyable.
Project Supervisor
Job Superintendent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 2, 2019
Coordinate daily construction activities for projects of varying size. Team is generally supportive, however long hours should be expected based onthe nature of the work .
No advancement
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Springfield, NEDecember 21, 2018
If you are looking for a job to advance in this place isn't it you get paid one set amount then they forget about you. If you make more than everyone else they look for someone that would do it cheaper and toss you to the curb.
Profit driven organization only, no regard for family crisis encountered by employees, i.e. death in family
Field Engineer/Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VADecember 12, 2018
The most enjoyable part of a work day is the educational opportunities available online and around the infrastructure of the organization. The most difficult part of the job is the double standard approach by management.
Pros
online educational material
Cons
double standards of managers
Loved it
Safety Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Foxboro, MA, Lebanon, NHDecember 10, 2018
Turner Construction is really focused on developing their people and putting them in a position to advance through training and well rounded experiences.
Pros
Just a great company to work for.
Cons
Construction Business, Feast of Famine
Very welcoming and easy going environment
Project Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MODecember 6, 2018
Turner was full of people eager to help. The atmosphere was always fun and relaxed but also challenging enough to make you strive for perfection. Great place to work.
Good career company
Assistant Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Schenectady, NYDecember 6, 2018
Reviewed plans and specs during the schematic design of pre-construction.
Conducted weekly contractor meetings on operations and production, which facilitated stronger communication and the ability to resolve critical issues.
Performed regular job site observations to provide direction for all general contractor personnel.
Attended all critical pre-installation conferences with general contractors, subcontractors, consultants and manufacturer’s representatives.
Prepared and followed through on all required punch lists
Oversaw the entire building turnover process, while enhancing communication between all construction management.
Awesome company, Awesome people, Great work environment
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Altoona, IADecember 2, 2018
Great company to work for. Great work environment, Great travel package.
Turner Construction is basically a stress free company with so many positives.
Pros
Work life environment
Cons
Healthcare is costly
First 2 years were wonderfull, last year was a struggle to get 40 hours a wk
Carpenter Foreman (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 23, 2018
I worked with Turner Self Perform approximately 3 years in Charlotte,NC area. My experience with them started out with a-lot of traveling and very long hours but i was perfectly made aware of that at the time of interview. My SPO manager at the time of my hire was wonderful very knowledgeable on all aspects of construction took great care of the self perform for the 3 years under his leadership he took very large and complex projects.

My last year with Turner SPO was hecktick under new management our self perform reduced dramatically as work was less & less for our Division at times i felt as we could not say a thing to our SPO manager confidentiality that he would not talk about behind our backs what made it worse is that he showed favoritism to a certain SPO Superintendent to which he would talk to and share everyones personal business to

Reason for leaving was poor professionalism from my last manager, poor communication from him to all the SPO
At times the guys did not know what job they would be going to the next wk.. a certain foreman would threaten to reduce hours at a certain job just alot of bs in general....

Turner as a company is one of the best ive worked with
They run large Construction Sites and are very serious about Safety, they are equal opportunity company
The SPO was just a mess towards the end as a result of management & certain Superintendent as well as a foreman
Within SPO
Pros
I meet wonderful people while working for SPO
Cons
Poorly trained foreman & Superintendent ED TATE reason why so many good people have left SPO
Enjoyable place
Executive Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CANovember 13, 2018
Being in the construction field was great, from observing a building go up to renovations best experience I've had in the work force. Everyone manager, peer or field guys that I worked with always had something new for me to learn. Never a dull moment at Turner.
Pros
Free lunches at times
Productive workplace with friendly co-workers
Accounting Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 6, 2018
Turner Construction is a fantastic company in every aspect. The management is friendly and approachable. The most enjoyable part of the job is the company culture as there is many employee events.
Pros
Free lunches
Great Place to Work
Accounts Payable Specialist (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IAOctober 12, 2018
Accounts Payable for construction projects
Friendly work environment
Casual work environment
Free food/lunch/snack available
Free monthly lunch
I was recruited out of college after graduation to work for the company
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 6, 2018
Turner Construction is a very good company to work for. I worked for two years in Detroit right out of college. Coming from Chicago this type of town did not effect my bias working there but after several winters in construction changed my attitude and I decided to relocate to Georgia in a warmer climate.
Pros
Very good company for advancement
Cons
Cold weather work
I liked the experience
Field Engineer (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 1, 2018
Turner is a great company to work for. But the job is stressful and you are required to your job discrimination and beyond. But the experience is strengthening and advance you as a professional.
Well focused
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PASeptember 24, 2018
National company with a clear mission. Highest respect for customer and contractors.

Focused management with a continued focus on team work.

At the time.l, need an upgrade in doc management software and cost tracking program.
Long-time employment possibilities exist
Project Manager (On-Site Procurement Manager) (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 19, 2018
The days start early and can end late on a regular basis. Promotion criteria is not always clear. Reviews are given annually but not enough to help the employee understand where they stand and what they specifically need to do to advance.
Pros
Projects vary from small interior renovations to full new construction, Great people to work with, some of the more tenured staff are generationally challenged, working on this (continuous improvement).
Cons
Work life balance is hard to achieve.
Work
HSE Project Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 13, 2018
There is work and it continues, sometimes 6 to 7 days a week. If you need to work and make money this is the company. There is really no one to see your talents or your knowledge to push advancement. There is no performance evaluation or places to go to seek advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turner Construction Company. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss