Turner Industries Employee Reviews

Found 1,183 reviews matching the search See all 1,188 reviews
Bad Company
Senior Maintenance Millwright (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 18, 2018
This company does not support their employees and isn't pro family. This company took the contract from Austin Industries and when I transitioned to Turner I was extremely disappointed in their employee-employer relations.
Safe work atmosphere
Heavy Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 15, 2018
The plant I am at with Turner is real big on safety. They have foremen's and supervisors who will stop work if the workers are not comfortable with the job task. Just like any construction job its fluid in people coming in and out. They try to keep people that work hard by swapping them to different part of the plant.
this is a dead end job
welder (Current Employee) –  paris txSeptember 14, 2018
they claim to be faimly oriented but there not. the point system in place is a joke there is no room for advancement unless your in the click with the bosses . if your no good at your job you will become a foreman or an inspector .the Manegment makes bad decisions on a daily basis the new plant manager is a cocky arrogant guy that down grades his employees daily the superintendent and the general foreman have no buisness sense what so ever the foremans constantly bird dog you and dont have the skill set the be in the possition there in they were hand picked because of the overwhelming buddy system they treat every one like you are stupid or a convict this place needs all new main manegment starting with chris baily rickey hutches and billey powell because the moral in this shop is horrrible and getting worse daily the threats on your job and the changing rules and regulations are very stressful and dont even think about going to human resources because you will have a big x on your back
A typical day working at would include but not limited fabricating pipes, cleaning and helping where help is needed. I learned how to clean pipes and
General Helper (Former Employee) –  Port Allen, LASeptember 13, 2018
A typical day working at would include but not limited fabricating pipes, cleaning and helping where help is needed. I learned basic skills to help perform my job. I enjoyed everything about the job at Turners.
No Longtime Work Commitment
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 13, 2018
I Learned That Alot of Bosses Dont Like For Their Employees to Progress, They Dont Care About Your Health or Family, They Just Want to Work You Until Your Miserable
Cons
I felt that the company respected my abilities to do the job for them.
Pipefitter Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 11, 2018
The people I worked with were professional and we worked as a team to carry out our assignments. They practiced safe working habits. I would recommend them as a great company to work for.
Pros
Safety mattered.
Cons
No cons, grest company.
Productive safe work place
Industrial Mechanic Millwright (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 11, 2018
Good safe work place good safety rules morning safety meetings inspection of all equipment daily properly trained on all equipment and always looking out for the employees
Great Employer
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  Gonzales, LASeptember 10, 2018
Great company to work for and gain skills. Had great hours and great pay. Management was well rounded and very knowledgeable when it came to their job.
very fast pace
Lead Technician (Current Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LASeptember 6, 2018
this job has its up and downs, the ups are being able to take time off when needed. The downs are we have more people that have the same title as others that do very little work and there family helps them keep the job !
Pros
paid holidays
Cons
family and friends of upper mangament get better benfits, such as pay and better opps to move up in or with the company
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Baton rouge lousianaSeptember 6, 2018
It is a nice place to work everyone was nice easy job I would work there
No hard work you get three breaks manager was real nice they help you if don't
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
No cons
Excellent welders
Weld foreman (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Over all a good place to work there were some very talented welders there the atmosphere was good and a safe place to work would recommend to someone starting out
Good job
Millwright Working Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Port Neches, TXSeptember 5, 2018
Turner was a good job The only issue I had was lack of communication and very unorganized. This created inefficient job progression. A lot of hold ups and rework.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Unorganized
Awesome company to work for
Scaffold Foreman (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXSeptember 4, 2018
Awesome company to work for. I liked working with the people at the job site I was at. They pay really good. Just awesome people over all I would go back to work for tuner again.
Productive workplace
Pipefitter Helper (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LASeptember 3, 2018
Always done things the right way. Never had a problem with management and we always worked safely in a timely manner. Always had good communication with other coworkers
Pros
Always had cold water nearby and never rushed a job
Cons
Short breaks
A real good company
Holewatch/Firewatch (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 2, 2018
I enjoy everyday I had to work. The company is a real good company with real good benefits and hours. The locations of jobs are real good. The guidelines are good
Nice company to work for
Combo Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAAugust 30, 2018
If you are barely starting to get out there this is the place to go. Loved working there. Last of helping hands and great way to work. Nice environment to work for.
Okay some time
Maintenance Mechanic / Millwright (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 30, 2018
A typical day at work was just average . I about valves and pumps, air compressor, steam line repairs. Management was okay at times. Workplace culture was okay. The hardest part of the job was trying to get along with the supervisor who do not like you. The most enjoyable part of the job was the friends i made there.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Its nice and relaxed
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Galina Park, TXAugust 28, 2018
Your typical day is that you pick up where that last person left off and you keep it rolling. This place trains you for the duties that your position requires, which can be a multiple of things. Management keeps you informed of the daily and weekly changed that will come. Safety is a very big factor here. no horse play is ever acceptable here. the hardest part of this job is trying to adapt to the rotating shifts that come every two weeks for every one. But the best part is that you meet different people from all kinds of backgrounds and everyone see each other like family.
Pros
ok pay for fork lift drivers
Cons
rotating shifts
Great Company
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Westlake, LAAugust 28, 2018
With thisContractor there is always room for growth as well as a fast paced and friendly environment with great people to work for in a highly motivated work setting!
Productive and fun working place
CONSTRUCTION ENGINEER LABOR (Current Employee) –  Pearl River, LAAugust 27, 2018
Outstanding working environment very good people skills out in the environment hard workers every where you look work get along with others well good attitude environment great pay out in the field.
Pros
Very good lunch trucks.
Cons
Shortbreaks Healthcare etc

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turner Industries. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about