Turner Industries Employee Reviews

Found 1,319 reviews matching the search See all 1,326 reviews
Operator (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 15, 2019
The experience I desperately needed to gain was easy to obtain working here. There are plenty of co-workers that are knowledgeable and willing to teach the trade to.
No review to give
Operator/Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXFebruary 12, 2019
No review to give. Only worked one site and the site maintained poor working conditions and poor hours. No time for family, poor site management and management team was unreliable.
strressful
Mechanical Maintenance (Former Employee) –  TennesseeFebruary 8, 2019
poor planning and sometimes understaffed. Alot of the times they didnt have the correct tools for the job. the benefits were great and holidays were paid.
Pros
pay scale
Cons
management
turn around work, long hours but good pay
Tool Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 5, 2019
12 hr shifts 7 days a week, good money. depending on your job it can be stressful or moderate pace.with it being turnaround work you do miss out on family time because you work out of town
Pros
good money
Cons
stressful at times
Productive and Safe
Pipefitter (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAFebruary 4, 2019
Turner has some knowledgeable leaders that can conduct work safely and efficiently. They will go above and beyond to make sure the job is task understood completely.
Great company to work for
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 31, 2019
I really enjoyed working for turner industries. The pay and hours were excellent, the people were great to work with and I would refer this company to anyone for employment.
Fun n happy
Iron Worker/iron worker rigger (Former Employee) –  Louisiana Lake, LAJanuary 28, 2019
I’ve been with Turner for a long time. I like their benefits it’s good for my family. I been moving around Louisiana a lot for Turner company. My family relocated in Las Vegas so I wanted to be closer to them. I like my supervisor n other bosses n especially my co worker. We are like a family we help each other out . I’m hoping I can work for them again or another company like them. It’s a very good company.
Nepotism
Industrial Electrician (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 27, 2019
It doesn't matter what type of credentials you have if you're family you'll get paid more and have a higher position. This causes low trained workers and managers.
Pros
Relaxed work
Cons
The culture and people they hire.
Great
Laborer (Former Employee) –  New Roads, LAJanuary 24, 2019
Turner Industries is a great workplace. The benefits are good, the money is good & you get an opportunity to move up. When it’s hot, its hot & when it’s cold, it’s cold. It’s up to you on how long you want to work outside in the weather. If you want to learn how to weld they’ll teach you & let you practice. Then when you’re good enough they’ll send you to school.
Good Place
Pipefitter (Former Employee) –  West Lake, LAJanuary 23, 2019
good work place to work. learn that every place have their different way of planing their work. management well my GF and pipe foreman were the best one out there probably had good communication with the foreman and foreman with crew.
Organized and well run
Combo Pipe Welder (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJanuary 22, 2019
Turner had a contract for a shutdown at a paper mill.
This shutdown was my first working for them. The site was well organized. My foreman was knowledgable and experienced.
Pros
Good overtime hours
Cons
Short contract
Turner Industries
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 22, 2019
This field of work requires a lot of time. There is good pay, but poor enhancements in the workplace. There is little opportunity for advancement. You have to work outdoors.
competitive, stressful
A Class Electrical Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 20, 2019
I personally did not enjoy working for them. The atmosphere was stressful. Advancement was not an option unless you knew he right person, not at all based on your job skills or performances.
Pros
Cons
stressful, no advancement
productive
Tack Welder (Current Employee) –  Port Allen, LAJanuary 20, 2019
I think Turners a good company, it just have bad people running it. Great pay and some what good benefits. They just need to do better with there management.
Pros
great salary
Cons
short breaks, bad management
the management is horrible
Iron Worker/shipping & receiving leadman (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 19, 2019
I hate having to waist my time writing this when I could be filling out an application for another job. But ok turner is an ok company to work for the wages are not competitive but they pay.but their management sucks too many friends running things.
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  El Dorado, ARJanuary 18, 2019
The managers are easy to get along with.
Hardest part of the job is answering all the phone calls.
Typical day at work are fast pace and determined to get jobs done safely.
Great management, nice people, no pressure
Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 16, 2019
Awesome place to work. Great people and management. No pressure to perform work. They teach you well and help you as needed. They are very friendly and easy to work with.
safety,cleanliness and accuracy is the biggest thing.
carbon black packer (Former Employee) –  Pampa, TXJanuary 14, 2019
I would go in, do my forklift inspection, then have a walk around the plant and see how much time I had until I had to pull. Furthermore, I would see how much time I had until I had to pour up black, all around it was a great job. There were fun people and was a great experience working there.
Good company
Vibration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Gabriel, LAJanuary 11, 2019
Company was good to work for but the paid in sub par compared to others in the industry. Also the lack of opportunity to advance my career were limited.
Mostly Political but otherwise mediocre
Refinery Maintenance / Foreman (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 10, 2019
Typical Day: Clock in, safety meeting, get assigned a job, complete job, have job signed off, go home to family.
Workplace culture: Safe and proficient. We learned to work and had fun working as a team.
Pros
Paid Holidays, Great working relationship between Marathon personnel and Turner Industries personnel
Cons
Not enough raises, dealing with the political positions of new hires

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turner Industries. Our community is ready to answer.