Turner Industries Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,090 reviews matching the search See all 1,094 reviews
Excellent Company
Laborer/Loader (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 12, 2018
Very Great Company to work for. Mangement will try their best to advise you on everything that is going on around you. I have had a great experience working for this company.
benefits
Cons
contract
Shell Capital Maintenance
Crane Operator (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2018
A lot of favoritetism for the older people working there ; bouncing from crane to crane while others sit there and watch you do all the work .wnioyed my work to the fullest and always will . I got sick and was threaten with my job if I miss again I will be fired even with a doctors excuse
typical day with turner
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 11, 2018
My job duties were to help collect all tools needed for the work area,fill water coolers & also fire watch/hole watch. We also made sure to do all housekeeping.
Pros
Work hours were reasonable
Cons
Temporary work
Good people to work for
Warehouse Foreman (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJuly 11, 2018
Fast learner, forklift operator safety orientated, listing skills, self motivated, willing to start for the bottom and work my way up to management. Make sure all paperwork is in order and accounted for.
Pros
Free lunch for overtime
Cons
15 minute Breaks every 4 hours
Nothing to brag about but always keep your options open it comes to Turner
Oil and Gas Services / Crane Operator/Sales (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 11, 2018
Nothing much to say about trying to industries they were there when I needed a pay check and now I have moved on..I would recommend turning for someone who is looking for a first time job with no experience. Experience operators should avoid this place because there are plenty of other companies out there that she didn’t treat their employees much better
Pros
Ok
Cons
Layoffs were very common
Job Summary
Carpenter (Former Employee) –  Plaquemine, LAJuly 10, 2018
Turner Industries is a great company to work, there's great benefits, the pay is excellent, and there's even flexibility on work hours. I enjoyed my stay there and plan on returning upon further notice and future references.
Productive, smooth pace
Scaffold Builder (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 6, 2018
Hardest part about this job is the year round outside conditions ... job construction went up in a professional and timely matter while unmanned for going on 2 and a half years
Benefits
Cons
Heat
Loved that work site
Maintenance Helper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 6, 2018
I love this job at shell geismar I made friends now they are family ,Although the most important thing is to be safe I’ve learned a lot out there team work was the best
tig welding
Hand Welder (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJuly 5, 2018
Turner was a good place for me to better my skills in pipe welding. You work on everything in there just like you do in the field from socket welds, butt welds, olets, od welds, and id welds. Sometimes you're able to flip pieces to be welded easier and sometimes you cant due to a awkward flip so it has to be welded in position and that makes it better for becase in the field not every weld can be in a easy position
Pros
good money for being at home
Cons
hard to make it to dayshift
Great
Piping Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 4, 2018
Throughout the years I could always count on Turner to keep me working. Some travel was required for advancement however they tried to keep me located close to home.
Pros
Keep you working
Cons
some travel
Great place to start
Boilermaker/Pipefitter/Rigger (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 2, 2018
Great place to start in industry with. you have to be vigilant or make friends to get work. a lot of hustle or you will not succeed. good pay lot of laughs.
Pros
good Pay
Cons
temporary
I liked what I done at Turner Industry
Safety Attendant (Former Employee) –  Sulphur, LAJuly 2, 2018
I really don't have anything bad to say about the company they gave me a chance when no one else would and I am grateful. I liked my supervisor and the people I worked with.
worked as helper
Helper (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJuly 2, 2018
I enjoyed working at Turner Industries,Its a piping company the time I was there I was in the tacting class .Hardest part of the job is getting laid off ,most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and working with different people .
Pros
they gave us a steak dinner for Good Saftey.
Cons
breaks were ok, and Heathcare was ok so i guess i dont have no cons
My job site towards the end became to political
Boilermaker (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJuly 2, 2018
I worked Turner for gust under 19 years and for the most part I felt that it was a good company to work for as far as working as a contractor goes. But a decision by one person to fire me on the same day that he brought a new employee in was very obvious a political move. So I was very disappointed that upper level management did not intervene and at the worst just give time of instead of firing me.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Became to political after bringing in new potential supervision
Great co
Carpenter/Operator (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 28, 2018
I made a lot of money. A professional environment.......................worked for them for four years straight. Good management. Drug free work place.
Pros
Safety diners
Cons
Competitive and employees try to out down others
ok
Draftsman/Supervisor,Structural Steel (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXJune 28, 2018
Safety meeting, instruct crew on days work, do updates on work being done, check . on crew,go back to office, draw prints and have them approved for next job.
Pros
air cond.and heated shop
Cons
Parking Lot
mixed bag
Field Engineer (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 27, 2018
Management was a real luck of the draw. Training was almost non-existent (throw you to the wolves and learn or die) Nepotism is really bad. Pay was excellent, but hours were miserable, though par for the course for the industry.
The pay and benefits are good.
Flagger / General Labor / Helper (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJune 27, 2018
The money pays the bills. I enjoyed working with my coworkers. Most of my coworkers were like family. The benefits were awesome and affordable. I would recommend for others to apply
Very good company the people are amazing..only I don't like was after the turnaround no more work just laid anyone off
Structural Welder (Current Employee) –  Lake Charles, LAJune 27, 2018
Love to work for turner again but I need more hour and a long term job. Besides that anything esle was great mangers friendly environment, great lunch time, and not in a rush get thing done in orderly fashion
Great and fun
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Chippewa Falls, WIJune 27, 2018
Fun and relaxed. Responsible for your own work so if you don't get it done you have to take responsibility. Flexible with appointments and make up times.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Not enough work