Turner
71Above average

Turner Employee Reviews

United States414 reviews
Fun place to work, but little room for internal growth
I worked at turner broadcasting in the ad sales department on the research side. People often get stuck at a particular level for years with little capacity for advancement. For someone who wanted to grow within the company, i found that incredibly frustrating.
Experience did not live up to the Turner brand
Support the salesforce on customized application. Customers were great -- internal management, no so much. Worked on two projects. The original one folded and I was moved into another group. Where the first project was innovative, the second was closed, often hostile, biased, poor management and overall unhealthy environment. Not a lot of room for growth for employees outside of the clique. I found a new job outside of the company.
Pros
Commute was easy as the location was downtown.
Cons
Workplace favoritism, bias, .blatant inequities, and mgmt complaints were not seriously addressed.
Innovative and fun place to work
A business that promotes diversity, creativity, inclusivity, flexibility and work life balance. The company has a beautiful campus that promotes happiness and a stress free environment. There are many perks including the food court, fresh food markets, company discounts, etc. It was a really wonderful place to work.
No Transparency
Trust is an issue
To many agendas to manage

Professionalism and Organazational Skills at a minimun

Abilty to manage a team to sucess is a diffulcult process

It requires innovation and thinking outside the box
Best News Company on Earth
CNN - Did remotes broadcast for news gathering. Breaking news is what we are best at and I served as a customer support to our client of CNN We were afforded all the tools to be successful in our career path
Job seekers rely on your experience.
Good projects
Worked on multiple Projects, multiple Media Teams, worked with multiple external Development Teams. The drive to and fro downtown Atlanta was tough. Good Cafe.
Good Place to Learn Big Business IT Change Management
Good place to work in downtown Atlanta but there were no On-Boarding in place . It was inspiring to see all of the divisions working together as Change Management was at a higher level for implementations and validations for TNT, Warner Brothers, TBS, HBO and others.
Turner Turnaround
I was very busy at Turner, but the organization was in the middle of being purchased by AT&T. The company chose not to keep the employees updated on any information. You go more information by looking at the news feeds.
Turner
Been a year and have not got a raise and ask to do a Forman job with out the Pay and nothing to show for it They Management brings in all their friends and don’t Hold them accountable
Great company overall, not sure about the future.
With the AT&T merger, things are changing to accommodate the new ownership. Not saying that’s good or bad but they will definitely look to move out the older Turner employees in exchange for a younger less costly employee.
Good
Great company to work for great benifits learned a lot from some great people kinda hard to get into u gotta no someone but other than that and amazing company that will get u far in whatever it is your trying to do great after work
Programs for welding pipe fitting
Would be a great place to work if there was a cohesiveness between management and the work force. It's a dictatorship environment.
There is a great turnover ratio at Turner and there is no human compassion or concern for the employee. There is an expectation to fail and forgiveness is pretty much nonexistent.
Terrible
Turner does not respect employees work life balance and very little pay. Managers are very very very overbearing. Wouldn't recommend applying for jobs at Turner.
Not sure how it's like right now, but it was great back in the day and after AT&T it sucked
It used to be a great company, fun place, lots of opportunities, but that all changed around 2015 and it kept getting worse until I left. Not sure how it is right now, but I keep hearing of layoffs and that employee morale is really low.
Great people
Good people to work for. Most environments where cold. Most of the time it was muddy to but over all it was a good job and made ally of money. Night shift was better than day shift
Not good
They pay less than anybody and want to work you like your top paid. Don’t like to work with them if I can help it. Supervision doesn’t seem to care about their people at all compared to some other’s companies.
It’s hard to advance
I have a hard time moving up I am very dependable and work very hard and I don’t feel like I have moved up as soon as I should have after 4 years with the company
Hard working, safety first, good pay and dedicated company. Good opportunities seeking a career training and traveling. Employees understanding real life.
It was a good place to work.
I'm thankful for my time with Turner Broadcasting. It provided me the opportunity to move to a new city. learn new skills, and be a part of a multi-national media company.

Work-life balance suffered, but that is to be expected in the television broadcast industry.
Internship was amazing. They provided us with necessary resources to complete our internship. The compensation was great. Would definitely work there again.
Complacent in Finance
Pretty stagnant, keep your down, stay to yourself environment. Well, within Finance department. The pros are flexibility and work/life balance. Great 401k program. Positions are being outsourced since acquisition.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turner. Our community is ready to answer.
Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

63%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.