Turner Employee Reviews

Culture suffered through acquisition
Reporting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 11, 2018
Being acquired by AT&T created an air of uncertainty and culture shifts. Many people for looking to leave the company. Personally, I suffered under extreme micromanagement that left me feeling less valued and less likely to achieve higher standing in the company.
certain managers favored by business units had undue influence and abused their power
Safety Manager (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IA and Omaha, NebraskaSeptember 5, 2018
The most enjoyable part of job was the interaction with field workers to facilitate their work and be of help to them by providing accurate timely information and providing an environment of trust between trades in the field.
Working for turner Security.
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2018
If the management team work as a team rather than promoting the officers they were in service with, but look at the service that officers put into the company the turner team would be a wonderful work place.
Out of 15 years of service, the last two years has been my worst years. I've NEVER seen a company the held a shift hostage by keeping there time cards locked up so they couldn't clock out until two people stay to do overtime for another shift because they are short of officers. Also you loose your bonus if you do something wrong. The job is great, but this management the is really hurting the turner brand. Plus the have no belief in there officers, only if you are in there circle. Outstanding job, But uncaring management.
Pros
Meet people, make good money, great overtime.
Cons
Can't get promoted if not liked. Want let you talk to the CEO.
Turner was the best job I ever had
Broadcast Maintenance Engineer level II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 2, 2018
I loved working at Turner. Structured, staffed, and made sense. The roles were clearly defined. If AT&T did not buy them, I would be headed back. Best leadership, best work life balance, best benefits, best culture.
Pros
Cons
At&t
Content Platforms is terrible
Senior Software Engineer - Content Platforms (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 26, 2018
Your experience with Turner will vary depending on the group that hires you. I was unfortunate to get hired into a group stuck in a slow downward spiral of operational purgatory
Pre-ATT merger
Corporate Leader (Former Employee) –  GAAugust 21, 2018
Overall a great company that has many programs for employees. However with the many changes in the industry, the company had to change too which included multiple RIFs. Not sure what the place is like today after the AT&T merger. Anyone interested should definitely ask lots of questions to find a good fit.
Fun place to work, work/life balance was fantastic, but growth opportunities were slim for most.
Marketing (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 21, 2018
Worked at the organization for a number of years in different roles. Was a great environment until company shifted priorities and laid off 20% of work force to prepare for the AT&T sale. Many of the executives are in roles based on their tenure in organization. These leaders have very little understanding or experience with innovation or taking company into a new direction.
Pros
Highly recognized organization, many female leaders, great overall culture, good content
Cons
Leadership throughout organizations lacks ethic diversity, no growth, management lacks proper training, employees take a backseat to products
Turner is an ever changing company looking for younger employess
DIRECT RESPONSE COPY SHIFT SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 6, 2018
Turner has been through lots of changes over the past 24 years. With the last change with AT&T the company stands to make even more changes in the next couple of years. I'd like to find a company that can appreciate seasoned, experiance employees.
Pros
telework days
Cons
moody management
fun place to work
Pipe welder/QC (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAAugust 6, 2018
I was a welding inspector for turner if i had any problems or needed a answer they would help me find out the answer. I got a lot of training with my job field to make me a better inspector
Adult Swim Public Relations Intern (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 1, 2018
I loved working at Turner it is a very cool, and unique corporation where there is so much creativity. I highly recommend applying to work here for anyone.
Quality team
Administrative Health Assistant (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CO 80908July 20, 2018
Great place to work . Good teamwork family oriented organization . The job security is not there, especially for military family members. They expect you to stay on until you retire and will let you go before you have even given any notice that you will move. Other than that it’s good while you are there
Product Manager at Turner
Product Manager (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 17, 2018
Turner was not the best place to work.
Many inconvenientes, lack of comunicatino and many constant problems that were raising a constant emergency state.
Turner International
Senior Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 12, 2018
Loved my experience with Turner, particularly the Turner International Group. Great camaraderie, and very professional group of people made for a fun work environment.
Interesting, demanding environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fulton County, GAJuly 11, 2018
Loved working here - very dynamic people who really let you sink your chops into your work. People liked when you got creative and worked hard! some tough politics to deal with, but for the most part, manageable.
temporary job
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Navasota, TXJune 20, 2018
My duties were to count and balance money in the morning and afternoon. I worked on a strict time schedule doing so. I also received payments from customers. I had to enter the payment into the system and record it in the log book. I also answered the telephone with multiple lines.
Pros
location
Cons
not enough pay
Helps you move up
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Humble, TXJune 12, 2018
Was a helper and they gave me time to practice and passed my test they love to see people move up help if you need it nice placw to work just not enough money
A Rapidly Changing Company
Senior Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 12, 2018
I spent over a decade at this company, the first half was more enjoyable and the workplace culture was collaborative, supportive and transparent. This culture has been eroded, the company is going through changes as it works through being acquired by AT&T and the culture is also changing. Hard to predict the direction of workplace culture or management styles until the merger shakes out and time has passed.
Fun Place to work
FINANCIAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 11, 2018
Turner's culture believes in a Work, Life Balance environment. Turner encourages their employees to further education and be innovative in the workplace. Turner has wonderful Mentor Programs and other programs to assist the employee in growth and advancement.
great company with an evolving culture
Executive Director, Financial Analysis (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 31, 2018
great company with an evolving culture as it transitions from an old media company to a new media company

leadership is working hard to evolve the culture and make it competitive with other technology companies
Fun work place and enjoy my coworker's
Welder and Fabricator (Former Employee) –  SHELL IN GIESMERMay 17, 2018
Group meeting every morning. And job tasks for the day . The best thing working is the worker's that I got the chance I met. We had very good communication with each other. And help each other out in every way..
Pros
Lunches once a month
Cons
Only two breaks per day

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turner. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.9Fairygodboss Score

57%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss