Turning Point Healthcare Solutions

Turning Point Healthcare Solutions Employee Reviews

United States70 reviews

growingreviewleadershiptraininghighbadteamthing

What is the best part of working at the company?The pay was decent and the job was remote. Also, the physician's on staff were the absolute best of the best when it came to collaborating, educating, and follow up.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?"Management" and "team leads" could be extremely petty and vindictive. Very unprofessional leadership within the company which was unfortunate because they literally have some of the best physicians you will ever have the opportunity to work with.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Very stressful. Unrealistic expectations, poor training, unprofessional "leadership," total disregard for work-life balance. Basically worked 24/7 for ungrateful management on a salary so no OT for all the time and stress.What is a typical day like for you at the company?Constant interruptions while attempting to work caseload, emails, phone calls, instant messages, "training," meetings, additional urgent cases on top of an already heavy caseload assigned back to back.... and still expected to complete all cases. Just total harassment all day long, never allowed to just focus on your assignment yet faced constant bullying for not finishing all cases by EOD. Always having to work over because the only time you could focus on your assignment was when leadership logged off.

Exhausting, Puppy Mill Production Line, GREEDY

Firstly, it's comical that the handful of recent comments appear from TurningPoint uppers (ENTIRELY disconnected from production staff) stating how great this place is to work in attempt to enhance their review score. If that isn't Turning Point in a nutshell. We report improvement strategies, they huddle amongst their non-clinical selves and decide to try and cheat instead. TP would rather advertise lies to simply convince more of you to apply to their sinking ship than actually become a good place to work. I'd be surprised if the company doesn't collapse let alone "grow with expansive opportunities." Worked here for 1.5 years, no raise, increased productivity expectation in my duration, decreased able help, false salary since TP provides regularly crashing servers throughout entire working shifts you end up working 50-60 hours a week, and absolutely no support at any level of management. You can tell team leads care and at least carry your concerns. But they are quickly dismissed. If you decide to apply, ask which case types they will be assigning you! If they say cardiac, run. You will be doing 2-3 times the work of your peers for same pay. You may become unhappy, concerned, alternatively even inspired with ideas about change and you WILL be ignored. Your situation will not change. This company puts all of its effort in collectiong new contracts (company growth) yet doesn't have staff to maintain production ques. The only solutions result in changes in review team process as TP seems incapable or doesn't care enough to provide anything new or innovstive to ease work -

Turning Point Healthcare Solutions insights

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness

Incredible amount of turnover

There is so much turnover in leadership and leadership. It’s difficult to feel secure as a team when you have a new manager six months. It’s very concerning

Opportunities coming soon

In a few years, this will be a great place to work. Currently encountering SIGNIFICANT growing pains. Good place to join now and grow but the next few years will be exhausting but may pay off with knowledge learned on the job.

Dont work here

Don’t apply here this job is the worse! The supervisors change all the time, there is little to no help and when you do finally get help from a TL or supervisor it’s usually wrong half the time. The managers are trash they all have favoritism. If you are a minute late from break you get points counted against you. Micromanaging to the EXTREME! Don’t even get me started with the hospitals and patients who call in who are supposed to be professional but you get cursed at, screamed at and literally belittled. You don’t not get paid enough to deal with the bull this company puts you through. So to save yourself from stress and a headache every day don’t work here!!!

Energizing work in a remote setting

TurningPoint Healthcare Solutions is doing important work to help drive value based healthcare in the U.S. The ability to work 100% remote and be challenged every day has confirmed my decision to work here. Strong senior leadership with great industry experience. Big company thinking, small company atmosphere.

Lots of positive change and opportunities for growth

I have been given opportunities to grow that I might not have been given at bigger companies and I can be honest with my manager about any issues and I have and where I need I support.

Pros

Compassionate leadership and awesome teammates

Remote, Supportive Atmosphere

My experience with this company has been that although the work is remote, there is a lot of interdepartmental support, ongoing education, and opportunity for growth.

Too much change and not enough support

The company was a good place to work at, at first, but there was always new changes happening randomly. There isn’t enough training, the supervisors aren’t supportive, there is little no no growth potential. None of the supervisors were on the same page and you never got the same answer to a question leaving you confused and unsure of how to do your job properly. You never know who to get in contact with for benefits or advancement, and if you you did get their information, they never returned emails or phone calls. People that worked hard to advance their careers and education are being supervised by LPNs…it’s just crazy. I would not recommend anyone to work here.

Pros

Remote work

Cons

Unrealistic metrics to meet, constant change, poor management and leadership

Micromanagement

Prepare to get abused by callers who are suppose to be professional medical staff. Members call in and curse at you for denied authorizations. You are just a punching bag for abuse. Micromanagement is very annoying. Almost no support from management. No room for advancement. Late hours unless you’re lucky to get a morning shift which are rare.

Extremely stressful and micromanaged company.

in training they said expectations that the job shouldn’t be too stressful. That it sometimes gets a little busy, but nothing that couldn’t be handled. This environment is very stressful and very micromanaged. A lot of improvements on internal processes and a big improvement on focusing on employees happiness and mental health is needed. Things change very often here, which is expected of course. But they will change your whole job description and just expect you to adapt without being accommodated. If you get on the phones the calls will be back to back and you will only have one minute between your calls to do everything it is that you need to do before you take another one. You have to ask for permission to finish the work that you just finished on the call prior before you get another one, otherwise you just have to pile up your work until the phone queue is clear and then go back and finish everything once you have time. it’s could easily be 3/4 calls that you have notes for stacked up on the notepad. Not to mention the systems are dreadful at best and the providers offices that call are beyond rude.

Pros

working from home

Cons

Stressful work, Short breaks, does not care about their employees well being, Company rule that you can’t request tuesdays off because it’s their busiest day, unorganized

A good company to learn from

Overall decent company. Remote is a plus. Metrics and deadlines are hard to achieve waiting on doctors to review. Several internal process need improvement to help meet metrics.

I would NEVER recommend someone to work here

I worked for them for 1.6 years. Starting out, it was great and I really thought this was quite possibly the job I would retire from. Fast forward one year, new management came in and it became a micromanaged, passive aggressive nightmare! Favoritism was rampant and there were some days that I felt like I'd been transported back to high school, dealing with mean girls and just overall passive aggressive silliness from the top down. Deserving individuals were passed over for promotions and new employees, mostly friends or family of management, moved up the ladder quickly. It's disappointing to see a once great company go so wrong so fast. Stay away unless you enjoy working in a high school atmosphere and are a glutton for punishment! ALSO IF PAYROLL MESSES UP UR CHECK THEY BLAME IT ON YOU FOR NOT CATCHUNG IT SOONER LOL. THIS PLACE IS A JOKE

Stay Away From This Company!!

This is the absolute worst place to work at. Management is ALWAYS in meetings and only show their faces when case counts are not met, or if they feel like the team needs to be scolded. You are belittled and threatened. Beware: they will fire you for a low case count. There is no encouragement or compassion. It's all about numbers. No wonder all of their good leaders have stepped down. There is no work life balance and they don't care. If you value your time, peace of mind and family, don't work here.

A ship waiting to sink

Former employee, who put in 110 percent of my effort, only to be met with..."Well that isn't enough." Notifications, you manually do the mail, they have one person who has to take close to 2000 letters if not more daily to the big mail bins outside you can drive up to daily be and hand toss over six bins of letters alone. They do not care of about their employees mental or physical health. You are expected to work off the clock to meet productivity. And all of the management was spiteful and gossiped constantly. From those still there, that has gotten worse. They threaten to fire you if you talk about pay. In my case it's because they were paying new hires with less experience more money than myself. I loved this job when I first started but by the time I left I was a shell of who I used to be and this job took all happiness away when I was there.

Benefits

Cons

Everything else

Change in management ruined compa y

I worked for them for over 2 years. Starting out, it was great and I really thought this was quite possibly the job I would retire from. Fast forward one year, new management came in and it became a micromanaged, passive aggressive nightmare! Favoritism was rampant and there were some days that I felt like I'd been transported back to high school, dealing with mean girls and just overall passive aggressive silliness from the top down. Deserving individuals were passed over for promotions and new employees, mostly friends or family of management, moved up the ladder quickly. It's disappointing to see a once great company go so wrong so fast. Stay away unless you enjoy working in a high school atmosphere and are a glutton for punishment!

Pros

Reliable employment if you can overlook everything else

Cons

Constant micromanagement, management is very passive aggressive, just about everything else

ops leadership is a joke

the leadership in operation is HORRIBLE - if you do not brown nose or down with the clique then you have a target on your back. micromanagement at its best. management wants you do do things they cant even do themselves and they are never avail to help always make excuses why they cant help - we had to depend on the TL who seem to be the only ones working - turn around here is crazy - only 5 people of my team of 40+ are pre-covid reps- the rest are all brand new - every 2 weeks reps quit with no notice. leadership speaks to you very disrespectful , condescending and talk to you like a child when he has admitted he never had healthcare experience himself but expects you to pick up and learn immediately with no issues.

Has Potential, but missing the boat currently

The job itself is extremely enjoyable. Most people are friendly and helpful. Which isn't the easiest thing to accomplish in a remote setting. The work isn't the easiest, but the more you do the more you learn. It's really a fun challenge. There is game nights and dress up days, and they are pretty generous with benefits. Plus they have INCENTIVES for case completion. This is where the problems come in. There are bad apples, and it's about half the people. People chose the easiest cases to gain better stats; and this is obvious when you see the same people with 20+ cases APPROVED EVERY DAY, and others with 10 (even less most of the time). The new people coming in have caught on to this, and they start to do the same thing! And while management is aware, they continue to not only allow it, but drill a minimum case completion required rate. We have new trainees coming in all the time but they seem to be run off for fear of not producing. A BETTER incentive would be case completion for DENIED cases, not ALL cases. Working at home is convenient, you can throw in laundry while working and actually "see" your family. I think my only complaint about this is you have a required shift. I do believe we should have a little more flexibility in our shifts. Yes there needs to be staff during the day, and most people would do that anyway. But the work can be completed anytime really, yet for example you can't just work 8-5 one day and 10-7 the next. With the correction of the above mentioned items, I don't think anybody would want to leave!

Pros

Working at home! Nice people that genuinely want to help. Enjoyable work. Good benefits.

Cons

People taking the easiest work (known problem that is allowed to continue), not allowing flexible work-hours, during times of EXTRA incentive people will steal your cases

Productive & Meaningful

This is the absolute best company that I have ever worked for. The team consistently finds new innovative strategies to make the work process easier.

Pros

Great benefits, awesome atmosphere remotely, helpful teammates, great managers. Perfect place to work.

Cons

30 minute break versus an hour break but still great. I have nothing bad to say about this company.

Felt unprepared for this job

This is NOT a good company to work for as a newbie. Training is 30 days but it’s so all over the place, you never feel that you’re fully grasping what you’re learning. There is so much discord, nobody is on the same page. Updates happen in thin air and not everyone knows about it, the new information just gradually comes down the line to you. This position is not worth the amount their paying. Especially with them wanting you to be a “pro” at coding. They are Unprofessional, there is absolutely no work life balance. I got a nice nasty text from the manger just because my internet was out for a full day and i couldn’t work. Go figure! Smh. New UR nurses please stay away from this company!! You’ve been warned!

Pros

Insurance is good

Cons

No work life balance, feel like a worker in assembly manufacturing, micromanagement at an ALL TIME HIGH, training SUCKS, productivity metrics unrealistic

Micro-management

The supervisors really only cate about pushing productivity numbers higher. They will message you throughout the day and email you to update them on your case progress and sit you for 1:1 if your productivity is not up to standard. Everyday is about doing as many cases as possible and not looking out for the patients anymore. Management can be sarcastic and intense.

Pros

decent pay, work from home

Cons

Micromanagement, money hungry

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Turning Point Healthcare Solutions. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.2 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits