TurnKey Vacation Rentals Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great for vacation rental home owners, not for employees
Field Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLJuly 17, 2018
Typically the day is spent driving to 10 rental properties, which can take you from Tampa to Tarpon Springs to St. Pete Beach, averaging 125 miles a day, handling guest issues, inspecting the properties for guest readiness and meeting vendors for maintenance and repairs. As the eyes and ears of the company, as we are the ones in the field and seeing the properties. The direct manager does not pass the accurate information to upper management and the sales person does not set accurate expectations for the home owner. A great example is that the home needs to have internet and cable and the routers need to be accessible. The thunderstorms can knock out the cable and/or internet and needs to be reset immediately to keep the guest happy. Time after time, the home owners said they weren't told this or they put the router in a locked area we did not have access to it to reset it for the guests. The hardest part of the job is the lack of communication from the management. The most enjoyable part of the job was solving the guest and or home owner issues and turning an issue into a positive experience for them!
Pros
Discounted vacation rentals
Cons
Lack of communication, over worked and under appreciated, under paid!
Great
Corporate Real Estate Broker (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 15, 2018
Great Company to work for. I recommend it highly. Great Management Team with great staff. If you are looking for a Company to work for, I recommend TurnKey Vacation Rentals.
Pros
Great Company
Cons
Great Company
Disappointed
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Port Aransas, TXJune 12, 2018
I actually love the way Turn Key is set up and their approach to their clients to START off with. Their materials are well done and I think TK has the right direction. This is why I pursued working for TK. I did get a job as a contractor in Port Aransas and loved it. I did inspections. inside maps, rental set ups with clients and the team in Port A was really nice and fun.
In my time there I found that TK internally HQ Austin to be an absolute mess. In 6 weeks the way to submit invoices changed 3 times. My PA team was constantly chasing down my invoices and dealing with HQ.

I originally applied for a position in Port A and was told I could start Monday but had to go through HQ process which I did. After I got through the online tests I was able to speak to someone. It was quick and felt like the girl was reading a script about how great TK was. Then asked if I had questions and when I had questions she didn't have many answers. Then they hired someone internally in Austin to fill a position in Port A. In moving to Austin I applied for 5 positions and all of them I was declined by an automated email. It would be nice to have some honesty and transparency as that actually goes a long way. I was a recruiter for 10 plus years and if someone had worked for my company as a contractor and applied for 5-6 positions I would have an actual conversation with them.

I really enjoyed the work I was doing in Port A. I think what TK's vision is is great but internally...to me they have some serious growing up to do.
Pros
Fun work
Cons
Chaos
Get to meet a lot of great people
Nashville Field Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNApril 24, 2018
Basically take care of homes for people that are doing short term rentals, but do not want to do the day to day stuff themselves. You are in charge of having to make sure that everything is ready for guests when they arrive and that they stay happy while they are in your home.
Poor management and unprofessional leadership
Field Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 31, 2018
I enjoyed working with Turnkey for a year until new management took over my region and acted unprofessionally. After working 70 hours a week over a 7 day period for many months, corporate finally hired additional staff to help our market but terminated all long term employees without reason. The company has proven to be full of broken promises. The PTO given is generous but don't accrue too many hours without using them. My manager had well over 100 hours when terminated and Turnkey claims they do not pay out for any PTO given. This company cares more about the quantity of homes they can manage and will dispose of their employees in a heartbeat.
Pros
Generous PTO time
Cons
Poor quality of life and managers that micromanage and act unprofessional.
If you care about your clients, this is not the place for you
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa Beach, FLJanuary 26, 2018
Too many managers with no experiance, very high turnover and constant internal changes. Went through 6 different comp plans in one year, so if you are looking at the GM role get ready to loose your mind.
Pros
Remote work options
Cons
look at my review, then do some research and you will start to see a pattern
Startup that still doesn't know what it is
Market Developer and Sales Lead Generator (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 23, 2018
This company is one that is constantly changing because its in early startup stages. They are growing and will has the potential to be something if the executives don't sell it off first.
Great Employer
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJanuary 4, 2018
Great Employer, with plenty of room for advancement and growth. Must be good at multi tasking and wearing many hats. Fun, upbeat office with a hardworking team to back you!
Extremely stressful work environment
Field Operations specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Aransas, TXDecember 14, 2017
This job did not pay enough for the amount of work that they expect to be done. Working for this company would be great for someone that does not have a family. Working 12-16 hour days does not allow much time for a family.
Cons
Poor management
Quick growing startup
Customer Success Representative (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 31, 2017
This company is growing fast and it is fun to see something in its beginning stages but there are still a lot of growing pains. Poor management throughout with limited training. There are no set hours and the pay is on the lower end.
Pros
Friendly coworkers and good benefits
Cons
Inconsistent hours, poor management

Want to know more about TurnKey Vacation Rentals?

Ask a question
Field Operations Specialist
Sub-Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 12, 2017
Inspecting vacation rentals, making sure they are ready for guests, stocking guest supplies, and working out the details needed for the smooth running of our field operations.
Pros
Paid mileage
Cons
Driving
Great working environment.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXSeptember 14, 2017
You are able to Work at your own pace and schedule cleans for when your want to work. The staff is very friendly and professional. I have always had a good experience.
Good company with good model. Lots of growth required both internally and externally.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 6, 2017
TK is a good company with quality people helping them achieve their goals. They are not always focused on the correct things such as Customer Service and meeting Owner Expectations.
Exciting and Innovative Workplace with Great Culture
Guest Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
Turnkey Vacation Rentals is an amazing place to work. The small start up culture has been preserved well creating a fun and supportive environment that encourages individual growth. With an innovative culture, working at Turnkey trains you to be able to adapt and look for improvements or beneficial changes. Management encourages growth and plays an active role in providing all necessary support. The company is constantly improving it's product for customers, processes for employees, and tools to make the job easier. I would highly recommend Turnkey as a place to work for those looking for challenge and growth with a great company culture.
Pros
Pto, daily work balance, breaks, culture, employee growth
Cons
Na
Great place to work!
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
I have been with the company for about a year and a half, and overall I have been impressed with the company. They provide a good working environment, encourage you to share your ideas and they are pretty transparent about what is going on with the company. They genuinely seem to care about their employees and want to see them succeed.
Pros
Pretty flexible work schedule, good benefits package, fun atmosphere, monthly team happy hour
Cons
Can be hard to make goals sometimes, but management in understanding and is open for ways to help improve processes
Great Place to Work
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
I've worked at TurnKey for almost two years. Here's the aspects I love most:

- Dynamic, fun, and challenging business category (travel/vacation rentals/sharing economy)
- Focused on building a great product and offering outstanding service to both vacation rental homeowners and guests
- Great people, culture, and leadership
- Transparent, open, hard-working, results-driven, innovative, fun, and respectful work environment
- Lots of opportunities to grow and expand the business
- A long-term focus to building a great operationally excellent business
Exciting and Fast Paced
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
TurnKey is trying to create a business that has yet to exist in the vacation rental marketplace. They are a group of bright minds with youthful energy. The work is hard (if it were easy it would already exist, no?) but the rewards are great and the opportunities endless. They are quick to promote internally and take pride in the innovation employees come up with. I have spent the last 3+ years at TurnKey and hope to continue this journey.
Pros
Fun culture, beer Fridays, exciting team events, flexible PTO, and discounts on personal VR stays!
Mid-Level Manager (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
I have worked for TurnKey for several years and could not feel more respected or supported. My colleagues are incredibly intelligent, gifted people. The work is hard but worthwhile and challenging. The company is innovative and all opinions are respected and heard. What more could you ask for?
Fun Fast growing company
Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
TurnKey Is a growing company in the Vacation Industry. There's a great culture and is a fast paced working environment! Everyone seems to be working for the same goal to make Turnkey the largest & best Vacation rental manager in the country. This being said TurnKey is growing fast and with fast growth, some people fall off. I plan on growing within TurnKey and helping TK reach our goal. The managers are all great and everyone is continuously working to improve processes. I really enjoy working for such a great company and working with all the great people here at TK! Also free beer Friday always helps top off the end of the week!
Pros
Happy Hour and monthly Company wide meetings, 3 weeks PTO
Fun startup with solid growth potential
Sr. Manager, Sales (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2017
I came to Turnkey from a large tech company in Austin, and immediately saw my work/life balance chance. Although we work hard to meet our goals, Turnkey management also values your personal time with family and friends. The major change that I saw was the ability to offer up ideas and thoughts, which seemed frowned upon at my last company. The open door policy here is truly open door. I feel that upper management truly has your best interests in mind, and understands that you are working hard for them as well as yourself, and it is acknowledged.
Pros
Monthly company recap meetings and happy hour
Cons
No 401k Match