Turtle & Hughes Employee Reviews

Amazing company
Inside Sales/Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CAMarch 20, 2019
Wished I never left. Great company especially for one based back east kick my self for leaving. New west coast pres could use a bit of a polish but other than that loved the place.
Pros
Lotsssss
Great Place to Work
Sr. Buyer (Current Employee) –  Cornelia, GA 30531January 3, 2019
I love working with customers. The job is fast paced so your day goes by fast. The hardest part of the day is that being a buyer your job is never done at the end of the day - you usually have a quote that you haven't gotten back or you are waiting on approval for an order.
Pros
Getting to know customers.
Not A Good Job
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJSeptember 25, 2018
The Position Was Temporary Through The Temporary Agency. Never Called Out Of Work Or Came To Work Late. The Manager Was Awful. I Always Was Above And Fast With My Work.
Awful management
Branch / Operations manager, Inside sales (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAAugust 22, 2018
Backstabbing awful place, with no communication from management, unless it's negative. No direction mindset with a
back stabbing manager, who talks about people problems to other employees, more like a gossip circle. The regional manager won't listen to problems and seemed to make more issues than spending time correcting them. I do not recommend this employer to anyone looking to get ahead. They often hire outside rather than promote from within.
Stay away!
Pros
full time
Cons
bad healthcare
Productive and Relaxed work environment
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJune 3, 2018
Turtle & Hughes is one of the most prestigious companies that I've worked for in the electrical industry. The management team and staff work collectively to achieve the daily goals of the company.
enjoyable employer
Site (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJApril 18, 2018
overall was a great company to work with, had some growing pains the last year but that is to be expected. Would gladly work for them again if they had a place closer to were I live.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
pay not always the best
the worst
Warehouse Employee (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 13, 2018
do not work here. it is the work. the boss is the biggest jerk on the planet. you will be miserable working at turtle in hughes in bridgewater new jersey
Crib Attendance
Crib Attendant (Former Employee) –  Manatí Municipio, PRFebruary 8, 2018
Receive new tools into the manufacturing storeroom.
Issue tools and equipment to manufacturing maintenance personnel, maintain
records of issued tools, and monitors the tools crib inventory.
Responsible for conducting physical inventory, auditing and researching
discrepancies between inventory reports and on-hand inventory for over 10,000 items throughout numerous locations. Investigate and solve any variances given from SAP.
Turtle and Hughes
Sr. Project Manager/Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Linden, NJFebruary 6, 2018
Great Company. I was lucky enough to get stuck with the only bonehead in the company. Every officer of the company was a great person..

I happened to get stuck with a manager who was starting with a new department of the company. I did not realize how much knowledge he lacked about our trade. He underbid every job , I mean he was so off with his pricing that our material cost would be more that our contract cost. Enough said.

Besides that everyone else at Turtle was a blessing to work with. It's too bad that things did not work out differently.
Pros
Great People to work with.
Cons
Problems are addressed until dollars are lost. At least that was the case in my Dept.
decent place to work
Inside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Linden, NJJanuary 6, 2018
easy going place to go to work everyday. compensation can improve within departments. would recommend working there to a friend but not for a career move.
purchasing
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Bedford Park, ILDecember 29, 2017
get into the office, the customer will give us an mrp and i proceed to purchase the items needed. trying to purchase at the lowest price possible by purchasing direct.
Pros
relaxed
Cons
pay
Tough work and long hours.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TXDecember 11, 2017
Working for 8-10 hours straight but you get an hour lunch break in the air conditioning with nice tables and cable TV. Everyone there is easy to get along with, great people. As long as you are keeping busy and doing what you need to do you will be fine. Hardest part of the job is sometimes we would be shorthanded for the work that needed to be done and would be required to stay past midnight getting orders out. Sometimes this was enjoyable though working with a team of great guys to get stuff done, it could be quite fulfilling.
Pros
Twice a month the company got catering for the workers.
Cons
often not enough workers for the job
First Experience
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Glendale, NYNovember 18, 2017
Turtle and Hughes was my first admin job while I was obtaining my associates degree at a college close by before they relocated twice. I relocated with them the first time. I received an offer for management but no compensation was considered. The manager at the time had changed and my role felt overlooked.
some good workers
Warehouse Leader (Former Employee) –  Glendale, NYOctober 18, 2017
worked for this company for 5 years until it closed its doors in New
York. Had some good people that worked their but it was more or less a company that had out of control manangement,theft,chaos and irrational thinking.
work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Summit, ILAugust 25, 2017
Good staff to work with.It was fun setting up the office. The principle was not prepared for our start up. Wee were met with a antogoniztitc attitude,
productive at all time
Sourcing Supply Chain Manager and Site Lead Mgr (Former Employee) –  Gurabo, PR 00778July 27, 2017
in charge of two MRO warehouses with one spare parts.
Controlling warehouse inventory and Commodities plus all the procurement for all MRO & Spare Parts and
Operation
Pros
no direct supervition
Cons
no breaks
Worst Company I've ever worked for!
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJJuly 3, 2017
I personally know 4 people who attempted suicide because this job completely ruined their lives. The darkest 4 1/2 years of my life, I really hit rock bottom working here. I would not recommend this job to my worst enemy. Management forces warehouse workers to work until the job is done which on second shift is normally at least 12-15 hours. The "Vice President of Logistics" Talks to everyone like you're a minuscule p o s and treats people like their his peasants. He forces his workers to listen to him in these 2-3 hour long meetings about how many millions he and all the top earners of the company have made , the multi-million vacation homes he buys all over the country, all the fancy vacations he takes then goes on to tell everyone how they will never receive a raise in pay and if they purposely do something to get hurt or fired he will fight unemployment or disability with every last breath in his body. The pay is barely livable, I would recommend working 60 hours a week at McDonald's before ever applying here at least there you won't have thoughts of death.
Pros
401k and dental surprisingly decent but only because its shared with everyone in the company
Cons
could go days and not cover everything
productive
Warehouse Worker (Current Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJApril 27, 2017
The typical day at work is always a good hard working one. this job is very easy going as long as you follow the rules and do your job. Overall good company and excellent benefits
Driver check in
Driver check fork lift operator (Former Employee) –  Linden njJanuary 25, 2017
Driver check in loading and of trucks used sit down fork and also used electric pallet jack this job was only part but was a good job in learning experience
Pros
Cons
No cons
Cashier Warehouse
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NJDecember 30, 2016
This was a great family that worked together to fulfill other company orders to have them out in a timely matter everybody on the job was motivated to do there best.