Tutera Senior Living & Health Care

Tutera Senior Living & Health Care Employee Reviews

United States94 reviews
They have cna’s running the building. People are constantly calling into work or coming in at any time with no consequences. And they expect you to do your work and other people’s. The aides are rude and loud. If you let them they will bounce you around to different halls 24/7. They pay is not worth the work. The residents are always soaked thru the bed everyday you come to work.
I work at Meridian Rehabilitation and health care in Wichita Ks. If i could rate this place with no stars I would.... Everything about this place is just horrid, from the management, all the way down to house keeping... But the problem starts with the management..... Every time they get any kind of complaint, it go's right to file 13 because they don't want to deal with it.. IF you call corporate and complain they record everything you say and then allow the management at your facility to here the recording....Their first shift aids are the worst.... Also, their are only 4 nurses that I could honestly say are good nurses.. I tell them all the time that they are too good for this place... All this company cares about is the money they get from the residents they take in.... Nursing is horrid, housekeeping is horrid, Management is horrid, and much much more.... I honestly do recommend anyone to work at this place or this company and also do not recommend this place for any resident......State needs to shut this place down... All the good aids are quitting including myself
Pros
Cons
. Bad Management. Rude staff. Pore resident care. Pore nursing. pore house keeping. Roaches
I was lied to! I was told there were no cases if covid19 in the building ....lie!
The cases were never reported to the health dept , and I was one of them! I had to stop working. I have other serious health problems that could end my life, and mgmt. Knew it! I was never provided with PROPER ppe, or given the choice to not go in isolation, or leave because of my health . Care about their employees?? No way . ..
Pros
Helping residents
Cons
Improper ppe, unorganized, dishonest
The management cares about their employees and residents and it shows. Good pay and benefits. There is always an opportunity to pick up hours and work over time. Overall great place to work
Staff is horrible there nobody knows what they're doing nobody will answer your questions love the people living there lots of staff turn over. Lots of non addressed safely issues.
I definitely moved up in the facility but they used my department for jobs not in my description. Such as moving furniture bathing residents etc. Then when you tell them the reason you can't do something they don't care its still there for you to do creating stress and chaos.
Pros
Advancement
Cons
Poor management micromanagement lack of compassion
Management can be degrading and disrespectful. There's no one to tell you have a problem. I felt that I never fit in there box. If you're a happy person you couldn't show it.
There some awesome coworkers for sure! Managment is good for the most part. Corporate is worthless! They offer no real support to the community, and only care about appearances. During the covid-19 pandemic corporate is failing to provide proper PPE. Corporate is demanding extra not necessary tasks that is taking away from resident care. Staff got burnt out, and it shows. Despite all above, the company offers no bonuses or insentives during this hard time they simply say this is what you signed up for .
There is an iron fist regional director in SWMO that care very little about the employees. The management style of this person is , "do as I say", and being sure you know and understand their self importance. Little or no concern was expressed by this manager regarding the needs of the residents, or the reputation of the facility in the community. I'm sure they will know who is writing this by the content. The overall company has many upper tier managers that are very good, and very concerned with doing the right thing. Not so much with the regional director in which I am referring.
I was a traveling nurse for 4 1/2 years, an came in as agency an decided to stay strictly due to the support of the corporate team, I am been given all the resources to succeed at my position
This company DOES NOT care about their employees OR residents in any way. I was a server before I QUIT this job. I’ve had residents almost cry to me telling me that they hate it here, hate the food, hate their rooms, and hate the higher ups they have to deal with. I have been harassed by management, sexually harassed by kitchen staff (and nothing is done about it), my paychecks have been $300+ dollars short MORE THAN ONCE. Hours have been cut from 40-20 hours per week.
Pros
Residents
Cons
You work hard, but the company does show its appreciation to their employees. Extremely family-friendly environment, catered lunch monthly, casual dress code at the Home Office.

Everyone works together as a team - you are busy, but supported.
I have worked for Tutera for years. I thoroughly enjoy working for them! Tutera is innovative and a leader in healthcare. Always thinking ahead to better take care of the patients. Competitive pay and great benefits.
Absolutely wonderful place to work! There has been such a transformation within the organization even in the few years I have been here. Very innovative and financially stable organization that cares about their team.
My first job as a CNA. Taught very well to succeed in my job and thanks to them I’m a top pick at my field. The residents are so adorable and interesting
very tense, no support from Regionals or above. This company is all about the Money and they may say quality of care but until you have worked for them you will not get a clear picture. Always afraid of being sued. Multi layers of upper management where Administrators didn't know who to report to everybody (regionals and up) run the facilities not allowing the Administrator to do their job. They lie to your face. Regional and Regional Nurse very unaware of what is going on in their buildings.
Very disappointing as truly this is not an honest or organized company. There is no support for the Administrators,
I would never work for this company again! Worst senior living company, stay away. All they care about is making money and giving off the appearance that they appreciate their employees. The HR department is joke, if there are ever any questions they send to to VM and never get back to you. I had an encounter with a male employee that that been there for many years. He may come across as nice but as soon as you email him with questions you will get.... Got. Thanks. So and so please help them with their problem. Horrible service as an HR representative. I can see why he's never gotten a promotion in 10 years!. The regionals claim that they are their to help you but take at least 2 days for a reply to any questions you might have. Once I waited 2 weeks for one of my questions to be replied too. I know they are busy but help me help you!!!! If you look at the corporate schedule, you can see that most regional positions work from home two days a week. Looking at it has become a joke between me and some of the other admins! They have surveys that they hand out once a year and I hate doing it because they never fix anything. Its embarrassing to handout to the staff year after year because nothing gets done about any of their concerns. There is no orientation program in place for such a bug company, its a giant free for all.
It was a good environment to work there. Coworkers were nice to you. Problems would always be solved. You could count on people to help you out when you are in need.
I worked there and had been fired for no reason. The DON is crazy and is either crying or hyper. She said she was my friend but then had me fired. She is moody and unpredictable. I tried to be nice to everyone, even was happy when inside I was sad. She had favorites and never let the others have any fun. I loved my residents but they fired me. Admin always took her side and never was fair either, Her favorite managers never worked and never got in trouble... I should have made a report but was never taken serious. I have called and left messages but she never answered.
They were understaffed most of the time. If you are strong CNA they have no problem putting you with the weaker one and if you complain about it they don't care about is body even if the body isn't doing much. Some of the other staff and managers ROK but nobody's great. They have a lot of company policies that need to be looked at. Not really any diversity in that workplace.
Great family atmosphere. Supportive environment with staff always willing to help. Great Administrative staff always willing to give a helping hand when needed.

Company is always offering employee appreciation events to boost morale. Strong employees from the ground up.
Pros
Support
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tutera Senior Living & Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8