Tutera Senior Living & Health Care Employee Reviews

dont do it
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 22, 2019
When I first worked there I loved it. People in the community told me it wouldn't last long, and it didn't. I was stressed, targeted many times for minor things and once even disrespected in my face by administration. They cant keep residents or employees in their facilities. I don't even put them on my resume because they black balled me for leaving. They sometimes wont pay your bonus, but will see corporate driving maseratis and BMWs. CMD was the best thing going for them. Everyone isnt bad, but most are. When people in the community can say "You work for Tutera" and shake their heads or say "Good Luck". Aw yea, last thing. Don't ever count on having your job longer than a year with the wrong complexion. Your days are numbered everyday. Your replacement will start the day you get fired. I saw this happen 3 times. I was speaking to a lady at the corporate office elevator and she had just interviewed for a position of a person who didn't resign and her last day was the start day of her replacement.CNAs got it the worse. They were finding out about a increase in salary for the new recruitment, and when they asked for raises. They were told no. This is a class issue.
Pros
Cons
everything
Horrible
Nursing (Former Employee) –  Moweaqua, ILDecember 12, 2018
Worst place to work. Extremely short staffed. Horrible management. Horrible pay,even worse benefits. Nothing like they claim to be. Rarely get breaks .
Understaff neglects patients
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ILJanuary 28, 2019
They have poor management and alot of favoritism....they dont turn their patients every 2 hours which means they have alot of wounds. They lied about starting pay.
Pros
Cons
Every thing
Kansas city ks Victory hills
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSJanuary 20, 2019
Poor management,short staffed too Much work and heavy residents.no lifts .Lazy charge nurses who disappear.lack of hygiene products for Peri care etc.
Pros
Cons
No breaks
Management can not be taken seriously
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  AnonymousNovember 7, 2018
I have had management snicker st me while trying to discuss important issues. Not worth the trouble, they overwork you and under pay you. The hiring manager is a joke.
Nice Company
nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 15, 2018
I enjoyed working for this company. My only problem was when the best DON they could have had left. Things became unorganized and out of control after she left. If they had kept her I would have never left. Even though things changed I would still recommend this company.
Pros
employee recognition, nice family like co-workers
Cons
new management has no idea what they are doing
Terrible
Cna (Former Employee) –  Auburn IllinoisOctober 15, 2018
Terrible management, lazy nursing staff. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to go there or send their family there. Wouldn’t recommend anyone to work there. Very sad place.
Productive and fun workplace with a great team!
RN (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 27, 2018
Great place to work with a great group of people that always help each other out. Management always helps out when needed. Flexible scheduling to balance work with personal life.
Very Satisified
Receivables Management (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 25, 2018
Competitive salary. Great work environment. Family owned company that truly appreciates & values their employees. High expectations so 100% is a must.
Always learning something new.
CBO Trainer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 17, 2018
I feel blessed to be a part of Tutera Senior Living family. It has been a privilege to work for this company for over 25 years. Looking back, I've had a number of different duties with advancements but I find working with new staff to be the most rewarding. Plenty of PTO offered. Great Benefits.
Great place to work, friendly staff
Billing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 16, 2018
A great place to work. Relaxed atmosphere and casual dress code. Nice break room space. Management level easy to ask questions of and willing to assist with training and support as needed.
Pros
very nice benefits
Cons
dependent/family health care coverage expensive
No teamwork
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  DeKalb, ILJanuary 6, 2019
No teamwork. If they dont like they will not help or change partners. Treats you like you dont know what are you doing. While see them being to rough to the patients. Insurance is a joke. If your looking for insurance this is the not right place for you.
Run
CNA (Former Employee) –  Terrell, TXDecember 2, 2018
The worse place I've worked. They lie about your pay until your first check. People call in every day so it's always double the work. They work you like a slave for low low pay
Run
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  MissouriNovember 7, 2018
Run and never look back. The absolute worst job I have ever had. Constantly short staffed, like every single day short staffed. Always taking on new residents with no staff to care for them. Building new properties all the time but cant get any of their current ones to run well.
A learning experience
CORPORATE NURSE EDUCATOR (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MO 64114May 8, 2018
Was a very busy, productive environment . The company allows opportunities for promotion. They believe in promoting from within. I have had some of the greatest bosses there is
Pros
good for promotion
Cons
some of the managers
Awful!
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 18, 2018
So short staffed you can’t take care of people properly! It’s really sad cause their buildings are really nice but once you get into one everyone is miserable including the residents!
some days call in made it hard
LPN (Licensed Practical Nurse) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 23, 2018
Compared to other places it was tolerable. It was nice and clean. The hardest part of the job was keeping up with the aides. enjoyable part was watching the Tuteras doing holiday stuff up so pretty.
Pros
friendly at times and kind.
Cons
help when needed
Productive, laid back, flexible
Accounts Receivable (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 12, 2018
The pay is acceptable. Environment is laid back and flexible. Management is supportive and provides back up when needed. Employees are recognized for a job well done.
Horrible company
Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenfield, IAMarch 31, 2018
Very toxic place to work. We are managed by Tutera but family owned. Tutera allows people to be treated poorly and do nothing about it. Very hostile work environment. Low pay and bad benefits.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Low pay, hostile work environment
Challenging but yet fun
Payroll Data Processor (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 2, 2018
Everyday we learned something new, but as a team work environment, we always got things done! Dress code was the best. My bosses were amazing! A family friend work place!
Pros
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tutera Senior Living & Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8