Tutorgigs

Working at Tutorgigs: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Appreciate of their tutors

Tutorgigs seems to be a fairly new company, and with being new come growing pains. Scheduling can be very difficult because of computer glitches, but it is very flexible. Quick response to in-class issues such as technical problems is not what I would hope for, but I think things will improve as the company works out it's procedures.I often have classes with no students in them, but I hope to find that I have more students as the company establishes itself. I also have classes in which students's equipment does not work, so I am teaching by using the chat box. That is not ideal, but student equipment is out of the control of Tutorgigs.I do appreciate the fact that when we do hear from management, they are courteous and concerned.

great online job trust worthy

I just started and seems very easy to use.great teamawesome response and excellent pay Great kids and technology easy to useIts a great way to warn a decent money oer month

Tutorgigs insights

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

The best tutoring job ever. I do remote tutoring and I love it.

As remote tutors we are expected to arrive 15 minutes before students arrive for sessions. Tutoring sessions are anywhere from 10 minutes to 60 minutes, which is determined by what subject you are teaching or assessments that are being taken. Great opportunity for beginning or experienced educators.

Pros

Flexibility, Great Staff, Pay, Safe Environment, Etc.

Cons

No cons.

Nice work from home job

Very flexible schedule. You make your own schedule. You only work when you want. Sessions are no more than an hour. There isn't much training or instruction but it fits my needs.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Little to no training

Flexible, but major lack of communication.

Just started but so far there is no way to communicate to anyone for help. Since it is remote, the time zone online is set for Central Time, which is important to remember if you don't want to miss your first session! I like that we can make our own schedules, just wish there was some a way to contact support.

Pros

Flexible schedule, remote

Cons

Lack of management

management

i got hired weeks ago and haven’t heard anything from them ever since. slow management. i would wish to be contacted by someone to get the insights of the job. hopefully someone contacts soon. overall the interview process is easy and quick.

Flexible and easy

Management is a bit unorganized and take forever to actually interview and hire you. It’s a nice job if you want to make some extra money of the side in tight financial situations. It’s also all online and you can choose your tutor session time slots.

Pros

Flexible schedule, good pay

Cons

Unorganized management, not consistent work

Overall, average

TutorGigs wasn't the worst place I've ever worked, and I would recommend it for certain people. The lesson planning is easy. The students are super sweet. And the company has a great mission. I appreciated the flexibility the company provided my schedule, and that the classes took place during the regular part of the day. It just didn't meet my personal needs. As an independent contractor, I wasn't eligible for company benefits, like health care or holiday/vacation pay. I also didn't feel like the pay compensation was worth my time. I have worked in the educational field for over a decade, and my experience includes direct classroom teaching, curriculum development, and training other educators. I chose this job as a temporary resolution, as I had just moved to a new part of the country, due to a family emergency, and hadn't landed a permanent job, at that time.While TutorGigs has a great mission/vision, there is much room for improvement. The communication with my supervisors was terrible. It was hard to get in contact with them, pretty much any day/time I needed to. I also had an issue with students showing up to class. Often, the classroom would just be empty, especially at the middle and high school levels. I was told that I needed to stay online during the entire class, and teach as if the students were there, so that it could be used for future trainings. This wasn't something I ever expected when I signed up with TutorGigs. I have done trainings for educators, but the pay was *much* higher than what TutorGigs was paying me -- this was the same pay as a regular class, -

Pros

Flexibility, work-life balance

Cons

Communication, lack of benefits, compensation

Productive and have lots of flexibility of the working schedules.

I love this job..Our Administrator do right away the troubleshooting,if there are some technical issues.He is patient and understands the employees.The salary is fair enough for the job and paid every week through Paypal..I put my passion,enthusiasm and my dedication,on this job,because I love my job. and tutoring students of different school level curriculum.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tutorgigs. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Tutorgigs with

Tutorgigs Reviews by Job Title

Tutorgigs Reviews by Location

Learn about Tutorgigs in popular locations

• Tutorgigs