TVH GROUP NV Employee Reviews

fun work place
Material Handler/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJuly 21, 2018
picking and packing orders and stocking item that received cleaning the packing areas and something helping the paper filler help pack the truck at the end of the night
Pros
one hour lunches
Cons
standing long hours
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJune 25, 2018
Climate controlled and clean. You get an hour (unpaid) for lunch. No ridiculous amount of lifting. Management is responsive. There is no room to grow. Once you hit the glass ceiling you have to go elsewhere for growth.
Unorganized and poor upper management
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 5, 2018
I enjoyed the coworkers and the job itself . The downfall was lack of communication between management and supervisors with their direct department. Instructions were given by one and then changed by the other manager. There is also poor communication between departments. The CEO seems nice but doesn't seem to know what's really going on within the company.
There is not much room to grow within the company and promotions don't seem to be given to people who work the hardest and pick up the slack for other lazy employees. The promotions are given more on a favoritism level , not on hard work and job performance.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
Poor management and poor equal opportunity fir advancement
Great co-workers, awesome management, and superb benefits.
Production Leader (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAFebruary 7, 2018
Leading a small crew in producing product on time and above the expected goals. Management is always there to pitch in to help meet the goals. Coworkers are nice and friendly. Hardest part of the job is keeping the aging equipment up and running to keep production on target. The most enjoyable part of the job was the great benefits offered by the company.
Benefits
Cons
Career Advancement limited in certain departments.
Competetive Salary
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAFebruary 1, 2018
The company is good but middle management really needs to lead by example and support its staff. The company promotes employee involvement and engagement but only applies to hourly employees and not to supervisors or middle management.
High Turnover for a Reason
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 16, 2018
There is a reason TVH is always hiring. Their management is a joke which keeps their employees constantly frustrated and overworked. It's one thing to work a ton of overtime because there is a lot of work to do and another thing to work a ton of overtime due to drama or a lack of communication and organization between departments. I had numerous managers, in fact I would report to sometimes 3 different people depending on what portion of my job I was referring to. Managers there don't just contradict each other, they also contradict themselves. Employees are typically running around like chickens with their heads cut off, arguing about how to do things because they are all told different instructions for procedures by different supervisors. There is so much tension in that building, you can cut it with a knife.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Benefits aren't worth the stress
a day in production
reciever/fork lift driver (Current Employee) –  olathe ksJanuary 12, 2018
i come into work and report to the supervisor to find out where they pefer me to work at unless my name is on the board for the job they want me to do.i usually work at a table by self i go get skids and fullfill the orders and some times we are a team and have special task to do together.
Pros
good benifits and they have fruit day twice a wk
Cons
they have no safety for employees
Fun place to work, nothing is perfect
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Management sometimes showed favoritism but if you did what you were supposed to do you had nothing to worry about. I was usually on the beneficial side of favortism so I didn't quit because of it. I dont believe in injustice so I often told management of my disgust with blatent favoritism and to a certain extent they did improve.
Pros
Hour lunch, company corn hole tournament, average work loaf
Cons
Stronger employees are often pushed to exhaustion to pick up the slack of underachievers
A good place to work.
Production 2nd shift (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 22, 2017
I have enjoyed working for TVH. Good benefits. Managements are easy to communicate with. I have learned a lot about packaging. I got my training for different packaging machines properly.
Not a good place
Order Puller (Current Employee) –  Mira LomaNovember 14, 2017
HR is a joke. Makes you feeel sexually harassed. Not there for the employeee. Managers are a joke. They don’t have a clue on what they are doing. Skip this job
Pros
Cons
Tvh
Power Packaging
Assembler/Material Handler, assembler/production (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 21, 2017
Productivity, efficiency, punctuality would make me man who needs the necessery place.
I will be strong because of my experience. Like work monday to saturday.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care.
Production Worker, Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 3, 2017
I liked working with the people there, all very nice.
Team players, good people, everyone helped each other when they needed help lifting heavy products.
Pros
Leads are good
Cons
Floor jack lifts needed repaired
Working at TVH
Inside Domestic Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, ILSeptember 23, 2017
Working at TVH overall was good. Some people who work there complain a lot. But that's not fault of the company. They have lots of initiatives for the employees' well being. I had the understanding that TVH genuinely does care about the employees which is awesome. The culture depends on which location you are at. (I worked in Grayslake.) generally people are nice and resourceful if you have a question. Big part of the staff has been with the company for several years (some even decades) which one could view as a good or a bad thing. Overall I would recommend TVH as a good place to work. I miss several aspects of my previous role there.
Pros
Steady hours/schedule. Consistent routine
Cons
At times there can be improper distribution of responsibility.
too much drama but fun at times
confidential (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2017
no room for growth. great floor manager but upper levels of management have no idea what goes on. upper levels of management which are not at the waehouse dictate what perceptions they want to believe or not.
Pros
free lunch, pro employee
Cons
too much drama and gossip. employees do what they want.
Look elsewhere
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 2, 2017
This place would be ideal place for person looking for steady income but management which includes the main supervisor along with his assistant is horrible. I think if they was to replace the both of them, the place would be in better shape. I mentioned the income is steady but with them competing with other jobs in the area in terms of pay, they're behind. Last but not least they need to screen the folks they hire. Seem to hire too many lazy folks that just come to work to collect a check. If you want put up with that stuff, then take the job but my advice would be to look around for other opportunities.
Not for the weak of heart
Shipping Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 29, 2017
I wouldn't recommend working here at all. Management in the warehouse doesn't care about their employees and will push you as far as they can without even an encouraging word. You will regularly if not daily work overtime and if you don't volunteer to work Saturdays you're seen as less of a quality employee. The culture in the warehouse is a lot like your typical high school. Rumors spread around really quickly and the level of respect shown among fellow employees is poor at best.
Pros
They pay you money.
Cons
Don't get me started.
Great Company with lots of benefits and resources
SR Graphic Designer - Web Designer (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJune 13, 2017
The Company as a whole has lots of resources to help you do your job better. In a lot of departments, they have management that does not deserve to be in their positions because of the lack of knowledge and lack of credentials and they are there just because their buddy put them there, therefore, it makes the work of other professional hard and sometimes even impossible to do.

If you are looking to work in a company that has great benefits this is it but do expect a lot of bumps along the way.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Wrong people managing the place
Friendly and energetic workplace
Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 20, 2017
I took and edited photos of the merchandise to upload onto the companies website. I learned a lot about photoshop and teamwork. Management was wonderful, and constantly offering advice. The people there were very welcoming and inviting. The hardest part of the job was having to occasionally lift heavy parts in order to take photos of them, the most enjoyable part of the job was the people.
Pros
Fruit Day on Wednesday, occasional gifts, lovely co-workers.
Cons
I did not receive a lot of training, but I was also an intern.
overall great work environment
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAMay 2, 2017
My everyday job was to unload all bulk items with stand up forklift and place them in the right locations for the first 5 hours of the shift. The last 3 hours of the day i was in charge of the manifesting area which i also took pride in and made sure everything was shipped out properly and on time. 10 yrs in the warehouse field i have learned most company's want consistency, accuracy and last but not least employees to be on time. Management with me over the years has never been an issue we've seem to always have an mutual respect among each other which i value greatly. The hardest part about jobs over the years is when us employees are not on the same page. I feel it makes work more difficult then things really are. But the most enjoyable part is the great things the company has to offer us to show their appreciation in the hard work we put in.
productive and fast-paced
Order Filler (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 22, 2017
we start the day off by putting up the items that we had sold in the previous day, then we start pulling orders and after 4:30 p.m. all orders are being pulled and packaged
Pros
free lunches
Cons
a hour lunch break

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TVH GROUP NV. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about