TVH Parts Co Employee Reviews

Low pay
Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJanuary 31, 2019
The wage at TVH is not competitive at all. I will only recommend TVH to someone that’s in college or a senior citizen. Personally I felt the pay was well below from my experiences I have when I applied for the position. Too much cut throat from certain employees that’s been there for years. Overall if you not a college student passing thru or a senior citizen looking for some easy money it’s not for you.
Pros
Hour lunch
Cons
Low pay
Not a good place to work
Warehouse Associate (Current Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 27, 2019
Not a good company to work for very discriminatory and management is terrible. Human Resources does not care about the employees & sides with management, there is no room for growth because there is a lot of favoritism.
Pros
Cons
Lots of favoritism. Forced overtime. No recognition for your hard work.
Great company to work for!
Special Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 7, 2019
Good hours with fair pay. Fast paced environment that includes everyone working together as a team. Management always willing to help out in sticky situations and provide support during the day to day work.
Pros
Great breakroom
Cons
Always on your feet
Very hard job
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 4, 2019
If you want a job that's physical then this is the right job for you. Constant heavy lifting. They said they make reasonable accommodations for disabled people but that's not true. Training was poor, after a day or 2 you are on you're own. They asked me if I wanted to shadow or have a buddy and I said yes but neither were given to me. Very confusing and stressful. Very fast paced.
Pros
Work out center, free fruit and gifts etc
Cons
Stressful, heavy lifting, standing on cement.
enjoyed Tvh
Inventory Control Specialist/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSNovember 5, 2018
I had enjoyed working for Tvh while I was there. Its a great company to work for and great people that manage it. Great team leader and listen to employees. Fun and enjoyed work place. I have learned parts of the jobs areas within the years I have been there. training is great and there is always chances to make a career change with the company. They provide the right tools for the job to do the right way.
Pros
wonderful staff
Cons
nothing
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLOctober 29, 2018
It’s a very good place to work a lot of benefits and a very nice and quiet environment.
The managers are great they help you a lot so does the company.
Hardly ever boring
OPERATIONS CLERK/FORKLIFT OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 29, 2018
Hot, bring water bottle, be on time ready to work, fast paced, relaxed atmosphere, room for advancement, lots of special bonuses/gifts of appreciation
Not worth the stress
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 12, 2018
Management is very poor and HR exists to protect the company and doesn't care at all about the employees. There's high turnover for that very reason. Huge "Us vs. Them" culture.
Pros
Fruit Day
Cons
Playground Bullying
Inventory Associate (Former Employee) –  Duncan, SCJune 25, 2018
Climate controlled and clean. You get an hour (unpaid) for lunch. No ridiculous amount of lifting. Management is responsive. There is no room to grow. Once you hit the glass ceiling you have to go elsewhere for growth.
Unorganized and poor upper management
Clerical (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSMay 5, 2018
I enjoyed the coworkers and the job itself . The downfall was lack of communication between management and supervisors with their direct department. Instructions were given by one and then changed by the other manager. There is also poor communication between departments. The CEO seems nice but doesn't seem to know what's really going on within the company.
There is not much room to grow within the company and promotions don't seem to be given to people who work the hardest and pick up the slack for other lazy employees. The promotions are given more on a favoritism level , not on hard work and job performance.
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
Poor management and poor equal opportunity fir advancement
Competetive Salary
Distribution Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Mira Loma, CAFebruary 1, 2018
The company is good but middle management really needs to lead by example and support its staff. The company promotes employee involvement and engagement but only applies to hourly employees and not to supervisors or middle management.
High Turnover for a Reason
Accounting (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJanuary 16, 2018
There is a reason TVH is always hiring. Their management is a joke which keeps their employees constantly frustrated and overworked. It's one thing to work a ton of overtime because there is a lot of work to do and another thing to work a ton of overtime due to drama or a lack of communication and organization between departments. I had numerous managers, in fact I would report to sometimes 3 different people depending on what portion of my job I was referring to. Managers there don't just contradict each other, they also contradict themselves. Employees are typically running around like chickens with their heads cut off, arguing about how to do things because they are all told different instructions for procedures by different supervisors. There is so much tension in that building, you can cut it with a knife.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Benefits aren't worth the stress
Fun place to work, nothing is perfect
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Harrisburg, PAJanuary 2, 2018
Management sometimes showed favoritism but if you did what you were supposed to do you had nothing to worry about. I was usually on the beneficial side of favortism so I didn't quit because of it. I dont believe in injustice so I often told management of my disgust with blatent favoritism and to a certain extent they did improve.
Pros
Hour lunch, company corn hole tournament, average work loaf
Cons
Stronger employees are often pushed to exhaustion to pick up the slack of underachievers
A good place to work.
Production 2nd shift (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 22, 2017
I have enjoyed working for TVH. Good benefits. Managements are easy to communicate with. I have learned a lot about packaging. I got my training for different packaging machines properly.
Power Packaging
Assembler/Material Handler, assembler/production (Current Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXOctober 21, 2017
Productivity, efficiency, punctuality would make me man who needs the necessery place.
I will be strong because of my experience. Like work monday to saturday.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
health care.
Production Worker, Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSOctober 3, 2017
I liked working with the people there, all very nice.
Team players, good people, everyone helped each other when they needed help lifting heavy products.
Pros
Leads are good
Cons
Floor jack lifts needed repaired
Working at TVH
Inside Domestic Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Grayslake, ILSeptember 23, 2017
Working at TVH overall was good. Some people who work there complain a lot. But that's not fault of the company. They have lots of initiatives for the employees' well being. I had the understanding that TVH genuinely does care about the employees which is awesome. The culture depends on which location you are at. (I worked in Grayslake.) generally people are nice and resourceful if you have a question. Big part of the staff has been with the company for several years (some even decades) which one could view as a good or a bad thing. Overall I would recommend TVH as a good place to work. I miss several aspects of my previous role there.
Pros
Steady hours/schedule. Consistent routine
Cons
At times there can be improper distribution of responsibility.
too much drama but fun at times
confidential (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLSeptember 14, 2017
no room for growth. great floor manager but upper levels of management have no idea what goes on. upper levels of management which are not at the waehouse dictate what perceptions they want to believe or not.
Pros
free lunch, pro employee
Cons
too much drama and gossip. employees do what they want.
Look elsewhere
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 2, 2017
This place would be ideal place for person looking for steady income but management which includes the main supervisor along with his assistant is horrible. I think if they was to replace the both of them, the place would be in better shape. I mentioned the income is steady but with them competing with other jobs in the area in terms of pay, they're behind. Last but not least they need to screen the folks they hire. Seem to hire too many lazy folks that just come to work to collect a check. If you want put up with that stuff, then take the job but my advice would be to look around for other opportunities.
Not for the weak of heart
Shipping Department Associate (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSJuly 29, 2017
I wouldn't recommend working here at all. Management in the warehouse doesn't care about their employees and will push you as far as they can without even an encouraging word. You will regularly if not daily work overtime and if you don't volunteer to work Saturdays you're seen as less of a quality employee. The culture in the warehouse is a lot like your typical high school. Rumors spread around really quickly and the level of respect shown among fellow employees is poor at best.
Pros
They pay you money.
Cons
Don't get me started.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TVH Parts Co. Our community is ready to answer.