TW Perry Employee Reviews

Great Company
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Leesburg, VAJune 23, 2019
While working here I Learned a lot about the forklift and got certified in it. Unfortunately I had too relocate and was not able to keep my position there. Very much would recommend.
Good for Latino workers or Bilingual speakers
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMarch 2, 2019
I quit the job because the mexican lead started to become real nasty with me and when I was training to learn something else he put around latinos that basically spoke spanish so I couldnt always understand. He has said some discriminative things around me and another carcausion guy which I shouldve reported to Hr. I didnt mind what I was doing going to work because everybody wasn't bad. The bosses just sit in the office all day so they can't see whats going on.
Pros
Got off either 2:30pm 0r 3:30pm. They bought lunch sometimes
Cons
Working outside, A lot of Spanish speaking
Working for TW Perry
Driver's Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 1, 2019
While working for TW Perry, I enjoyed my experience working for a professional, personable environment that values their hard-working employees. I was able to gain experience in customer service, learning how to collaborate with my co-workers and checking and organizing inventory. The environment can be fast-paced and you need to be quick on your feet but it builds accountability and interdependability. Overall, I enjoyed the professional experience at TW Perry and would highly recommend it to others.
Pros
Great employees, Professional environment, Good salary
Great place to work.
Receiving Associate (Current Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDMay 20, 2018
Great organization to work in, it can be very stressful at times but the management is outstanding. I started off in the lower yard and worked my way up to receiving.
Pros
Great job with great management
Cons
The pay
Poorly managed
Line Cabinet Maker (Former Employee) –  Jessup, MDDecember 17, 2017
Enjoyed the work greatly with lack of pressure. The following only pertains to the Millshop. The general management of the facility completely lacked direction.
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Lack of personal responsibilty
Hard strenuous work
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDMay 11, 2017
As a warehouse worker and yard worker, it is very hot and labor intensive. It is very quick paced and there are always customers or things that you can do. Coworkers there are a complete joy to work with and learn from.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
weather effects
ok
Construction Worker (Former Employee) –  Savage, MDFebruary 9, 2017
working at TW perry was cool to work at because we build doors, repair them and install them. the people there were great. they were friendly and fun to work with
N/a
Yard Laborer & driver (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDDecember 28, 2016
Some days can be fast paced, you have to be a quick learner to really make it, I would recommend having prior lumber yard experience or construction experience.
The most bias and unorganized job I ever had
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VADecember 6, 2016
The treat employees in a unfair way,there's no communication between manager,which most of the day are looking at facebook in their desk,Thay don't like smart people that reminds them of the injustices...at the end I lost my time with this company.If you don't let them intimidate you they just let you go
Pros
Cons
Most of it
productive and fun working place playing basketball
Forklift Operator/Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDAugust 8, 2016
It was a good working environment and everybody including the management all got along really well.the most enjoyable part of the job was jus seeing the on faces of customers after being satisfy with the services they received
Pros
free lunches
Cons
tadiness
Great job to have for someone who wants to be outside and physically active.
LUMBER YARD CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, MDApril 6, 2015
Great company and co workers. Up and Coming company to keep an eye on in the coming years. Great leadership and fun place to work if you enjoy physical labor.
Pros
physical labor, great atmosphere
Cons
pay could be better.
Very bias place to work
Data Entry Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 16, 2014
Had a lot of issues with this company. I would not refer anyone here.
fun place to work
Inside sales/special order sales (Former Employee) –  Chevy Chase, MDOctober 28, 2014
awesome atmosphere! great people, pay is not that great compared to other material suppliers. too many managers for one department
Get 'er done
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VAJune 16, 2014
TW Perry was my first ever, actual paying job coming out of Yorktown High School in 2011. At TW Perry I worked as a warehouse employee meeting customers and finding their products according to their invoices. I was also responsible for handling incoming shipments(bundles) of wood and stocking anywhere for 12-20ft long beams in designated areas. My time at TW Perry taught me to grow as person, and discipline working with men 3 times my age plus my father. Working with those same people must have been the most hard working, funniest, enjoyable corporation I've been around, though the heavy lifting of 80 pound cement bags, 20 foot beams in 100 degree weather must've been the hardest part of the job. Overall I had a great time working with everyone at the Perry.
Enjoyable people to work with
Accounting Clerk (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJanuary 23, 2014
It is fun to work with people in this company. You leave home to go to your work place and you feel like you never left because your workplace is full of people that make you feel at home. All you want is to give back to them. Management is great.
Productive and fun workplace with great scheduling.
Receiver (Current Employee) –  MDOctober 29, 2013
A typical day at work consist of receiving/stocking material entering the store. Also transferring material out of the store to other locations while helping customers. Other then being barely getting overtime management is good. Co-workers are great and always ready to help. Hardest part of the job is time management, helping customers throughout the day make it hard to finish what I have to do throughout the day. The most enjoyable part of the day is interacting with different people every day.
Pros
everyother Saturday off andevery Sunday off
Cons
Overtime is hard to get.
No raises
Lowest rung (Current Employee) –  MarylandJuly 3, 2013
No raises. overtime, hire more people, doesn't matter, always crying poormouth, no raises.
Productive, hard working place with fork lifts.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VADecember 10, 2012
I worked internship with this company and everyday was a fast pace day. The product was being quickly witch caused us (employees) to work at a fast pace. I learned how to think and work effectively in a fast pace enviorment and deal with problems with the product and/or customers. Most of my coworkers were hard working but some were lazy and unenthusiastic about the job witch caused me to work harder. The hardest part of the job was just the longer hours in the summer heat. Other than that, nothing was a problem. I most enjoyed driving the fork lifts! Lifting and moving big loads. That will be a memorable job.
Not a very productive or interesting place
Sales representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, VASeptember 4, 2012
Co-workers came in late ALL the time, left at whatever time they wanted. Sometimes they didn't call in to work till hours later. Managers watched music videos, looked at world star hip hop and talked and text on phones. Sometimes managers would just disappear. They would send me to work in the back to do someone else s load AND work in the front helping customers and taking phone calls. They would give you a raise and then take it away.
Pros
learned about home improvement
Cons
poor management, and just a poor business
Lumber Industry has little income
Production Shop (Former Employee) –  Savage, MDDecember 21, 2011
TW Perry cut salaries, wouldn't give yearly reviews for raises. I trained 3 people that didn't know how to cut wood and found out they were making more money than I was.
Pros
i loved my co workers
Cons
managment