Twin Cities Orthopedics Employee Reviews

Horribly Dysfunctional Workplace
Certified Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMarch 20, 2019
This was hands down, the most dysfunctional work environment I have ever been a part of in every way: job work/life balance, compensation, job security/advancement, management and culture. Lots of tension, drama and distrust among staff and management. There are no computers for labeling/tracking instrument inventory or location, everything is labeled by hand and all instrumentation is wrapped. Proper ergonomics are not provided and the work space is ultra crowded and disorganized. Performance expectations are nearly impossible to achieve even for an experienced tech due to the lean, painfully fast paced environment, especially during the busy season, however, they mandate going home when the work is done during the less busy times, so there is no guarantee you will always work full time.
Great place to work with excellent advancement opportunities.
Receptionist/Scheduler/Switchboard Operator (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 27, 2018
Overall have had a very good experience working at Twin Cities Orthopedics. Would highly recommend to anyone. Excellent opportunities, benefits, work environment.
December 31, 2018

Thanks for sharing your review - We really appreciate it! If there’s anything you need, please contact us at HR@TCOmn.com.

great place to work
Patient Services Representative II (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNOctober 2, 2018
I really enjoy working here. Great people, managers, and work environment. They are very family orientated and very supportive. It is face paced cause they are so busy.
Pros
work environment
Cons
healthcare and benefits
October 3, 2018

Thanks for sharing your review. We really appreciate it. If there’s anything you need, please contact us at HR@TCOmn.com. Thanks again!

fun people to work with
Sterile Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Edina, MN 55435September 26, 2018
Management was fun to work with. Typical work day is busy for a two person team. Even with 3 people, it is still tough but doable. Mainly female facility. Most enjoyable part of the job was our meals together. Meals brings people together.
Pros
flexibility
Cons
understaffed
September 27, 2018

Thank you for providing a review! We appreciate it and wish you the best.

temp job
Client Data Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2018
my job at twin cities orthopedics was a temporary position in which the IT department generated a list of old physical client records that needed to be pulled from archives and destroyed to in compliance with HIPA
July 19, 2018

Thank you for providing a review! We appreciate it and wish you the best.

Work environment
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNJuly 3, 2018
Varying work start times
Hours range- some days 4 hours, other days 14 hours
Work place culture is company oriented, Rare to have experienced staff, a lot of staff is right out of school
Favoritism is played at times
Pros
Monthly lunch caterings from corporate, well compenstated for position
Cons
Sometimes no breaks and long hours, rare to work your appointed number of hours per pay period
July 5, 2018

Thank you for providing a review. Employee satisfaction is important to Twin Cities Orthopedics, and we apologize for any dissatisfaction. Please contact us at hr@tcomn.com if you would like to connect with a TCO representative.

Management and culture not ideal for seasoned professionals
Current employee (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNJune 13, 2018
This particular location has issues retaining qualified, experienced and professional individuals in their respected fields at all levels in all roles. The management at this location has minimal experience within the surgical setting AND leadership experience The pay is fair, the work is simple, but the culture and leadership components are a major contributing factor in the extensive turn over rate at his facility. The hours worked are erratic and unpredictable. The hardest part of working at this facility was adjusting to the culture, schedule and management model. The most enjoyable part of working at his facility was the flexibility, no weekends, no call. I would not recommend this facility to seasoned professionals in the surgical setting, but more likely for those beginning their careers in this setting.
Pros
Pay rate, felxibility
Cons
management and hiring practices that are less than ideal for seasoned professionals
June 18, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience and feedback with us. Employee satisfaction is important to Twin Cities Orthopedics, and we apologize for any dissatisfaction. Please contact us at hr@tcomn.com if you would like to connect with a TCO representative.

Fast growing and all inclusive.
Surgical Nurse (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 29, 2018
Everyone is very nice and helpful for a new nurse. Great place to develop your career within. Management is relatable and down to earth. Snacks are free and the MDs buy lunch once a week for the nurses.
Pros
free lunches, free snacks, low cost health insurance, pet insurance, great pay, fun, new
Cons
fast paced (always running), somewhat repetitive
May 30, 2018

Thank you for providing a review! We appreciate it. If there's anything you need, please contact us at HR@TCOmn.com. Thanks again!

Fast-growing Orthopedic Group
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMay 3, 2018
This company had several pros and cons. I enjoyed my position, but had many problems with manager/-coworker relationships in multiple departments. I believe the salary for job duties is fair and competitive though. Fairly reasonable benefits.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
Morale issues
May 7, 2018

Thank you for providing a review. We appreciate it. Please contact us at hr@tcomn.com if you would like to connect with a TCO representative.

Great place
Casual Athletic Trainer (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNFebruary 21, 2018
Very supportive group. Willing to collaborate on situations. Most are willing to go above and beyond to help a colleague. True sense of teamwork. Fun bunch. Varied opportunities within the company.
February 23, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We appreciate it!

No work/life balance
Surgical Technician (Former Employee) –  Chaska, MNFebruary 20, 2018
Worked 10 hours 1 day, 2 the next. Didn't know if you started anywhere from 0530 to 1 pm until late afternoon previous day. Didn't know if you were working a full day or more or a few hours until you got there. Slow during the summer. Wouldn't let you stay to help to make up some hours, wanted you to leave right away. Pushed you through a self guided orientation which you didn't have time to do anyway. Not enough set up time. Techs would come in early to make sure they had everything to set up withput ounching in early. As much as an hour. Coworkers expected you to donate at least half an hour of your time to set up. Bonus promis3d. After hire you find out not until after you are there a year. They go through a lot of employees at this location.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Lack of balance & support
February 23, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience and providing a review. Employee satisfaction is important to us, and we’re interested in learning more about your time at TCO. Please contact us at hr@tcomn.com if you would like to connect with a TCO representative.

Fast paced, lots of variety, not as much independence as I had hoped.
Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNDecember 20, 2017
Split days, half surgery half clinic. Picked up weekend shifts in Urgent Care. I learned a lot of skills with casting, splinting, performing injections.
December 21, 2017

Thank you for your review! If there's anything you need to improve your experience at TCO, please contact us at HR@TCOmn.com. Thanks again!

Need to be extremely flexible
CERTIFIED SURGICAL TECHNOLOGIST (Current Employee) –  Chaska, MNDecember 10, 2017
Work/Life balance is tough. Work 14 hours some days and 5 the next. Never really know your schedule. Responsibility should be more fair and shared. Communication is often lost.
December 12, 2017

Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate it. If you'd like to speak with anyone further about your experience at TCO, please contact HR@TCOmn.com. Thanks again!

Just not for me
Surgery Coordinator (Former Employee) –  MNNovember 30, 2017
• Schedule orthopedic surgery with patient in office or over the phone. Obtained prior authorizations as needed. Scheduled surgeries at Maple Grove Hospital and North Memorial Hospital. Scheduled joint replacement classes, MRI’s, CT scans and Injections
• First point of communication for patients after surgery. Assisted in obtaining postoperative medications and coordinating with pharmacies.
• Worked with patients and Physician Assistant to coordinate patient INR results, and would take verbal orders regarding adjusting treatment.
December 4, 2017

Thank you for provide your review! Let us know if there's anything you need at HR@TCOmn.com. Take care!

Good pay and nice staff.
MRI Patient Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNNovember 4, 2017
• Greet, schedule, and assist patients in all pre-and post-care
• Insurance verifications, billing, and tasking medical reports to appropriate physician
• Organize paperwork, patient files, and ensure a clean lobby for the patients
November 7, 2017

Thank you for providing a comment on your experience, and thank you for all you do!

Anchor/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 23, 2017
I worked here for 5 years while I was going to school. In the beginning Management was horrible however by the time I left a completely new management team had been put in place and it was wonderful! Management was great in helping me find hours that would work with my class schedule and embraced my ideas for making the office more efficient.
Pros
Free lunch once a month
Cons
patients taking frustrations out on you
October 24, 2017

Thank you for leaving a review! We appreciate it and wish you the best!

Managment is very clicky. Only does favors for their friends.
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 7, 2017
The management thinks it's a very busy place. It's the most uneventful job I have ever had. If the management would pay more attention they would see that the staff in on- line shopping, booking airplane tickets, on their phones checking Facebook etc. They would save a ton of money if they would send staff home for low need. People have other things to do in life besides sit there with very few patients to check in if any.

There is no Family/Job balance. It's all about them. Unable to take time off if you don't have PTO. Most staff come in sick with fevers or other contagious illnesses and spread it like wildfire to the others which then in return you have to use your own PTO because of the others coming in sick because they have none.

I'm glad I moved on. It was a learning experience.
Cons
no breaks even though it's the law.
September 11, 2017

Thank you for sharing your review with us. Employee satisfaction is important to Twin Cities Orthopedics, and we would like to hear from you at hr@tcomn.com so we can learn more about your experience. Thanks again, and we look forward to hearing from you.

Great doctors. Good work environment.
Greeter/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNSeptember 7, 2017
It was a good place to work. Some confusion about specific duties, at times, but overall, a good environment. Helpful, friendly staff. I enjoyed helping patients.
Medical Coding Specialist
Medical Coding Specialist (Former Employee) –  Saint Louis Park, MNAugust 23, 2017
 Responsible for assigning appropriate procedure codes and modifiers to accurately report all physician services.
 Entering diagnosis codes and procedure codes into the EPM system.
 Analyzing and resolving physician claim rejects and denials from the billing system or insurance carriers.
 Post-coding procedures for quality assurance checks and coding accuracy
 Submit appeal letters that thoroughly describe procedures for further coverage consideration.
Cons
Contract Placement
Fun working place
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, MNAugust 22, 2017
Loved it! Would recommend to friends/family. Friendly nice people. Got along with everyone well. The work was amazing, the patients were always so respectful and happy.
August 25, 2017

Thank you for sharing your experience at TCO. We appreciate it!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Twin Cities Orthopedics. Our community is ready to answer.

Twin Cities Orthopedics Reviews by Location