Twin City Die Castings Company Employee Reviews

good place to work
Die Cast Operator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDDecember 18, 2018
Good place to work, easy to understand and easy to get along with everyone... Wouldn't mind returning to work there... The work hours are good hours to work.
It's an ok place for entry level
Machinist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 29, 2018
It's a good place to start a career, other than that, salary was way below the market, I just could not make enough for a living there, I just had to move on!
it barely got me through living with my time there
Machinist Operator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDJuly 26, 2018
i showed up, did what i was told to do. Learned that place was a sad joke. Supervisors were good people though. hardest part of the day was showing up,most enjoyable part of the day was leaving. what more can i say, didn't think much of this place don't want to say anymore of that place
Pros
decent christmas party
Cons
showing up
Always room for new learning opportunities.
CNC Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDApril 6, 2018
It’s not a bad place to work but upper management wasn’t the best. It’s a fast paced workplace but quality is more important. If there is something you want to learn all you have to do is ask.
It's 2018 Y'all.
Quality (Current Employee) –  Watertown, SDFebruary 15, 2018
Working for TCDC over the last six years I have been involved in so many opportunities through Top Management, training & job advancement. TCDC supports its employees and rewards team players who are motivated & hard working.

You may read bad remarks by an employee that was let go due to poor performance, but its 2018 & things have changed. Every company is not perfect as every employee that is hired does not stay.

TCDC has transitioned into a better company & continues to grow. We have adapted lean and still implementing and improving on that culture in all aspects of the company from the front office to the shop floor. Our culture strives for safety, quality and then production. You are not limited by the knowledge you have coming into your position as TCDC offers training to better you in your career. I started after high school, worked my way from the shop floor into corporate quality.
--Work for a company that will invest in you because Top Management knows the value of its employees.--
Pros
Bonus checks, benefits, Pto
Cons
Overtime
Very good opportunities to learn and grow. Very nice and smart department supervisors.
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNFebruary 13, 2018
This is a very good company to work for. I love the family oriented culture. It is employee owned amd there are many benefits. Full health care, dental, life insurance, 401K match, and employee owned stock options. I grew with this company and learned the trade. I enjoyed working closely with everyone . The management staff are very friendly, hands on, and thorough. They make the work fun and exciting. The Christmas parties are very elegant, classy, and fun. Many retirees come from here and many others have made a very good and rewarding career with the company. Overtime is always available and there are many new accounts always starting. They make parts for some of the best companies in the world.
Pros
Vacation/employee stock options/people
Cons
Can get hot in the summer
A good place to work
CNC - Die Cast Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJune 23, 2017
Friendly work place. Very helpful co-workers. I learned quite a lot about Computer Numerical Control (CNC). The hardest part of the job is that it gets very hot in the production area during the Summer season.
Dirty environment with many very experieinced employees.
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  MNApril 28, 2014
History is the key here. Still doing things the same way they were done in the 80's. Much updating is needed!
Gives back the legally allowable minimum to the employees
CNC Operator, and Quality Inspector (Former Employee) –  Monticello, MNAugust 14, 2013
If you love working with a company that is only worried about the bottom line you will love working at Twin City Die Castings Company. Your day to day tasks will not match up with your job title or description; Everyone there is considered a CNC operator, because the going rate for a CNC operator is about $12 an hour, but you will likely be doing a highly technical job that is supposed to come with a much larger salary. Incompetent management and ownership will sweeten the deal in 2012 they made 33 Million dollars in sales and cleared an impressive $750,000 in profit without even being able to show where most of the money went. If that's not enough... The benefits were great!!! They don't offer health insurance, but they do offer an HRA which will cover you and your family up to $450 a month.
Pros
My coworkers were all great people, the complete lack of structure made it easy to gain a lot of technical experience, which is in high demand, I don't work there anymore.
Cons
no health care but they do have an HRA and they do not match 401k, made 33M in sales but only turned 750k in profit, work is inconsistent, leadership has no foresight and can not plan for day to day operation, staff is mostly self taught, and underpaid for the skills which they have acquired, I worked as a quality inspector but my job title was a CNC operator

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Twin City Die Castings Company. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8