Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd. Employee Reviews

Learned A Lot
Payroll Processor/HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJune 18, 2018
This company provided me with the ultimate Payroll skills. I was able to work with a great team. I was able to develop my payroll skills along with my administrative skills.
Lots of Hours
Mechanical Drafter (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 28, 2018
Requires lots of hours per week, due to extremely short lead times. Overall the company is a alright place to work. It is kind of "clicky", but as long as you can do your job well, you get treated like a normal person.
Pros
The company gives employees event tickets on a regular basis.
Cons
Unrealalistic expectations on work loads.
Be careful who you talk to.
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNMay 18, 2018
There is a lot of family at Twin City Fan. And the corporate office is not that large. Be very careful what you say and who you say it to if you work there. If you talk about the wrong things to the wrong people it will burn you for sure.
Pros
Cons
management, owners, pay, workload
Unrealistic Expectations and diminishing workforce.
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDMay 13, 2018
As a welder they expect you to build and weld your blower in a insanely short time while expecting you to do additional paperwork that documents all your downtime while ironically adding more time to your build time.

They act like your replaceable while throwing new guys with potential under the bus with toxic a upper management who preaches about quality while pushing for quantity ironically.

They complain about the same issues at every meeting while making minimal adjustments. Any beneficial ideas are never taken while upper management claims to be open minded to the employees. Some members of upper management have seriously big egos.

Training for new guys is a joke and safety is rarely emphasized. Everybody is always busy with their own project that they hardly have time to work with newer guys.

Pay is good but every Saturday is usually mandatory and we are never caught up in our blower sales.
Pros
Pay, Benefits, and occasionally a free breakfast on the house
Cons
Long work hour, no appreciation from upper management, and unrealistic expectations.

Comment – July 9, 2018

The team leader I work with is very knowledgeable of the trade but can be demoralizing to work with. Often they have a toxic mindset that does more harm than good and they expect just about every job to be done in a unrealistic time frame. Be prepared to deal with a toxic work environment.

Punch Press Operator (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDApril 21, 2018
Good pay and benefits, can be stressful at time, I have learned a lot since I started there. Good people to work with and be around, all around a reasonable place to work
Poor
Buyer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNApril 19, 2018
Poor Management especially in Purchasing. Management has no idea what the buyers go through. Management likes to micro manage.

Very stressful, long hours more help required.
Pros
Good People
Cons
Poor Management
Shear operation with cross training in other areas
Shear Operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDMarch 10, 2018
I would properly cut to measurement sheet steel for fan housings and other parts for fan assembly. Unloading trucks and rotating stock to use materials in order. Crossed trained some days to help catch up the fabrication department. I learn how to efficiently use my time and materials to speed up production. One of the best working environments I've had the pleasure to work in. Hardest part was having to consistently reorganize my areas after the last crew.
Pros
Good work environment, and people. Work wasn't really hard, pay was good for the area I lived.
Cons
Communication between shifts.
Like to throw alot of work at the end of the month
Tack Welder (Current Employee) –  Brookings, SDFebruary 16, 2018
They don't pace the jobs they are slow in the beginning and throw a lot of work at the end of the month. Upper management only likes to get stuff out to get their bonuses
Stressfull
Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDFebruary 7, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work but very disorganized and not safety minded. Poor flow throughout the facility with no interest in changing. Not enough discipline allowed through human resources.
Tough to advance
Sales Application Engineer (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNJanuary 4, 2018
Good company overall. Great people to work with. Cool products. However they seem to ask an awful lot from employees, but at the end of the year during performance reviews they hesitate to reward for it. A lot of sketchy things have been going on too. The new CEO is working to make it a better place, but in the process several people have been fired, even loyal employees of 30+ years.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
Advancing seems to go at a snails pace
very good company
Shear operator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDNovember 20, 2017
I would work for TCF again.It is an excellent company.I wish that fellow employees cooperated more.Also,I wish that the hours are shorter,like 8 hours a day.
I liked working there. Hours were erratic & mandatory.
CNC Machinist (Former Employee) –  Covington, OHOctober 15, 2017
Good place to work overall. I left as the company was downsizing. Out of state management was horrible, local supervisors were very good. Work was somewhat boring.
working with others
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Piqua, OHOctober 12, 2017
what has to be done how people work with others management no good good place to work with others management clock out the management and owner wanted us to file they didn't want to provide us with the rite machinery an poor equipment they wanted us to do short cute on our jobs the place was a good place to work if different management
Pros
working with good people
Cons
short bracks
productive place but relaxed
Metal Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Covington, OHOctober 5, 2017
i started off with no experience but i had a great opportunity to learn something new. everybody was relaxed and had a great sense of humor. at times there was a lack of assistance with certain tasks when there should have been at least 2 people due to weight or size
Never run out of things to do.
Minnesota - Engineering Coordinator II (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 20, 2017
Dealing with Engineering Change Notices (ECNs) and Engineering Change Requests(ECRs) everyday on projects. You can never run out of things to do. Requests are made daily from the manufacturing plants for improvements and corrections to drawings and models from Solidworks.
Headed in the right direction
Sales Technician (Former Employee) –  Plymouth, MNAugust 18, 2017
When I first started working there, the work life balance was terrible. Our hours were changed daily, and the demand was high.

They are now changing the work culture, and is undergoing positive changes across the board.
Pros
Concert/ Sporting Event raffles weekly
Cons
They hire or promote the wrong people, and give them power.
Easy advancement
Lead Man (Current Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 3, 2017
You can advance through the ranks quickly if you excel at the tasks you are presented with. They treat you well with benefits, employee picnics, and other gathering opportunities. Overtime is abundant!
Pros
4 day work weeks
Cons
Too much mandatory overtime
Well suited for my needs
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDAugust 2, 2017
Enjoyed every aspect of the job from the beginning till the end. Would love to work there again. I most enjoyed the steady positive work environment that was equally productive.
Pros
Short breaks and pay scale
Cons
None that come to mind
Ok place to work
Welder/Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen, SDJuly 11, 2017
Ok place to work but they need work on creating blue prints that actually give u dimensions and descriptions on how to put together and build there parts not just assume u know what they want or how they want it
They treat you like your stupid
Tagger (Current Employee) –  Mitchell, SDJune 15, 2017
They have potential to be great but they treat all their employee's like they are stupid and make accusations without proof. They make you feel like your worthless
Pros
Appreciation means
Cons
Poor pay, bad management, Think people are just numbers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Twin City Fan Companies, Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.