Twitch Employee Reviews

It’s Twitch
Video Game Streamer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 11, 2018
It’s Twitch. I stream games while sitting on my couch. It is a good company to work for I guess. I have been streaming for a few months now and it is going well.
Your either a known creator or one on the grind to grow
Content Creator (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KansasSeptember 5, 2018
Twitch has been around for years and will continue to thrive online. I have nothing but much love to them for having a platform I could be myself and stream to audience who enjoyed it
Pros
Hours are up to you
Cons
Money from donations or subs
the review of twitch
streaming (Current Employee) –  Hemet, CASeptember 3, 2018
its a nice place you kinda just to get to do whatever like i used to stream gaming alot of streaming on twitch comes frome gaming and its a nice tustable pltform to work of of and if you do good enough you can make good mone but im looking for something a little more basic.
Pros
its fun
Cons
doesnt get paid alot
Working at Twitch honestly depends on you
Entertainer (Current Employee) –  Vail, AZAugust 31, 2018
If you are an entertainer on twitch your payment and how your work environment is ALL depends on you. There's not very many people I would recommend to do this job mostly because a lot of people think they can but give up so very easily because they don't see fast success. I love working as an entertainer because I love working hard to see improvement even if it takes a lot of work and dedication. The wait is worth it even if you make no money in the beginning you will start to make more money the harder you work and dedicate yourself to your community.
Pros
The community is amazing and hard work really pays off.
Cons
Not everyone can be an entertainer I know a lot of people think they can but can't
It's Twitch. What's not to love.
Entertainer (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INAugust 22, 2018
It's gaming at home and getting paid to do it. How could you go wrong, But it's a Grind and takes a lot of time, Which I currently don't have too much of cause I got 2 kids and I also need a good source of Income until it takes off. Right now, I just got the letter to join the Private team, I just need Partner than I'll be good. So until than, Job Hunting time. =)
Pros
Play games and get paid to do it.
Cons
No Insurance, No weekly/biweekly check, Pay depends on commission. And its a grind.
Great Everything
Twitch Affiliate (Current Employee) –  Spring, TXJuly 26, 2018
Just play video games and talk to people online its great I love it. I get paid based on how many people "subscribe" to my channel (pay monthly for access to things like custom emojis), as well as donation both in and out of twitch (i.e. 'bits').
Like youtube
Twitch Streamer (Current Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INJuly 22, 2018
This is a streaming service you get payed by the people that watch you not by Twitch they selves you have to work extra hard for your money and sometimes you don’t even get payed
Pros
Lots of money
Cons
Very very hard work
Content Creator.
Content Creator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 1, 2018
While I did not directly work for Twitch, I was a content creator for the website. In order for one's channel to be a success, one had to always stay on top of current trends and have the most up to date hardware and software.
The Grind
Twitch Affiliate (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCJune 28, 2018
As a twitch broadcaster you have to keep up on all you can and all you have learned. If you stop for a breather or take a week off you lose so much momentum. Your success at this job depends on your dedication and commitment to your product. You get slack; you lose traction. Always in the public eye, always looking to up your game. Very competitive but supportive community... for the most part.
Twitch: lucrative but mismanaged
Entertainer (Current Employee) –  Silicon Valley, CAMay 22, 2018
Though Twitch is a booming and lucrative company, the upper management lacks clear, unified vision for the company's future. The site's interaction with the user is one of the best in the tech industry at the moment, but the meta-goal of the company as the leader of e-sports broadcasting is unfortunately failing. This has put stress on employees of all levels, as the company continues to take it's desired place as an official sports channel, in defiance of its roots as a simple hosting site for professional gamers.
Pros
lucrative, popular, high job security and futures security
Cons
lack of strong leadership and branding

Want to know more about Twitch?

Ask a question
Its fun but fruitless
Variety Broadcaster of PC Games (Current Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
The people who are at the top get advertised by Twitch and make sure they stay on top, and the little guy has no chance to reach that level. You can put 5 years into Twitch being the best fun and entertaining broadcaster you can be but unless you have friends in the right places your not going to make it to the big leagues.
Pros
You can make your own schedule
Cons
Low chance of getting anywhere
Decent experience
VIDEO EDITOR / STREAM DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Home office basedApril 29, 2018
Self-hours and very flexible, able to relax and give others an enjoyable experience, also very easy to utilize. I was also able to edit for others and understood a lot about customer experience. I am capable of setting a very set schedule for myself and have learned how to handle relationships with others.
Self expressive and Motivating
League of Legends Streamer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 18, 2018
Work is what I make it. At twitch.tv, I am able to set my own schedule and my own expression for entertaining my audience. Not all people would appreciate the abstract nature of twitch, but to me it is a godsend.
Pros
freedom of expression
Cons
low income
Entrepreneurial
Streamer (Current Employee) –  Miller Place, NYApril 10, 2018
Live Streaming was a unique and excited experience. You come across many different technical issues while keeping the stream live for the set amount of hours on the software platform. Customers come and go very quickly so you need to stay on your toes at all times. The hours can be daunting at times but a must do if you want to get ahead in any way possible.
Pros
Own schedule
Cons
Many hours
Pretty cool that while playing games i like i also earn money
Streamer (Current Employee) –  HouseApril 6, 2018
Their management is good lot of fun cause wjile your playing the game you like youre earning money at the same time so i rate this company with 5 star
If you can do it...
Self Employed (Former Employee) –  Vernon, CTMarch 26, 2018
Why are you making me review this.
Twitch is neat, its fun for the whole family.
Be your own boss.
You wont make money probably but its fun.
I do other things. yay
Pros
yeah
Great - As a Hobbie
Streamer (Current Employee) –  HomeMarch 22, 2018
If you can make it full time on Twitch it's not rare, nor impossible but it is an incredible amount of work. You run the show - literally! You need the technical know how, the creativity, the customer service skill, the game/commentary/vlogging skills and so much more to pray for a $1 tip. It's a long haul to find success but extremely gratifying if it's what you love to do.
Pros
Free Schedule, Creativity, Follow your passion
Cons
Low Pay, Hard Work
Good people helping other people
Twitch streamer (Former Employee) –  Nolanville, TXMarch 16, 2018
With the right community and friends you will find good charitable people who want to use their influence and content to help other people. There is a bad reputation with certain people but most are good people.
Pros
Content creation that feels fulfilling
Cons
No job security
Great side job
Streamer (Current Employee) –  Home BasedFebruary 14, 2018
I picked up streaming in 2012 on Twitch and fell in love.It's an amazing experience and you meet great people. It's basically self employment and your growth potential is only limited by the work you put in.
Pros
The sky is the limit.
Cons
Not meant as a career, just a fun thing to do
Do NOT work in the Developer Success division
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 21, 2017
On the surface, Twitch appears to be a mecca for talented people who love video games and streaming communities. Unfortunately, after you begin your work there, you'll realize that most of the employees have no experience, no interest, and are merely trying to use their coworkers to get ahead. No one is trustworthy. Everyone is selfish.

The managers I had in Developer Success were awful. Truly the worst I've ever known. They are text-book examples of "poor management". Many of them don't play video games, don't participate in the Twitch community, or know anything about game developers/development.

The most enjoyable part of the job was events where you get to engage with external fans.

The hardest part of the job was realizing that people are manipulative, self-absorbed blow-hards.
Pros
free Twitch swag (if you care), free lunches, unlimited time off (which you'll likely never get to use)
Cons
no work/life balance, dishonesty, poor management, terrible HR, no culture of collaboration, no teamwork