Twitch

Twitch Employee Reviews

Twitch insights

What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Great flexibility

The management needs some work since they have a weak customer service line and the audience of twitch can be toxic, Overall i love my job because of how flexible my work schedule is.

Fun, just don't expect to get paid much AT ALL when starting. This is not the job to make money.

You make your own schedule obviously. Once you grow a community it will be a lot of fun. Always try new things, and learning from others. Each stream..I am growing and trying something new. Which is fun. Just so you know. Once you make affiliate, Twitch takes 50% of ALL subscriptions, even once you hit partner. Until you get really big as a content creator can you negotiate the percentage. Furthermore, your account will play ads. You will get essentially no money from these ads. I mean like in a month of streaming, I'd be surprised if I got 10 cents hahah. And they play a group of ads at least every 45 minutes.

Pros

Loving community, make your own hours, have fun

Cons

The percentage cut Twitch takes for subs. (50%)

Amazing and fun workplace

This is an amazing and fun work place where you are really able to let yourself shine and grow to new places. The energy and support you receive here is amazing.

It is a great pleasure to work at Twitch, being an Affiliate is wonderful because I get to enjoy what I like to do and make it a living. It is a great place to start off your entertaining career.

Great place to interact with people

Loved streaming on twitch, great place to engage with viewers, fun to setup scenes and be basically your own manager, the only downside is when you're doing your best but sometimes that doesnt attract people into your stream.

Pros

fun, engaging

Cons

Sometimes streams are empty

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Streaming is fun but the admins suck

Being a streamer on twitch is overall a great job but uneven enforcement of their terms of service is a major downside. Aside from that it’s literally just playing video games and entirely self regulated.

Pros

Do whatever you want

Cons

Admins bad

All on you

Twitch isn't going to help you in any way. Becoming a streamer is all on you. Depending on how serious you want to become it can take a large investment to get started, but can also pay very well.

Good self-employment if you can find the viewers and your niche

Good self-employment if you can find the viewers and your niche. Takes a lot of set-up and time to get a basic following. Once you find consistent viewership, it's quite rewarding.

It is what you make of it.

You can either grind it out on the daily, get good at being an entertainer and/or offer a service/experience others want, and hope you get lucky and get noticed by the right people. Or, just get lucky. Alternatively, you can put next to no effort into it but think you're amazing, and cry when you don't "make it". Less than one percent make it. Have fun.

make your own hours and make a strong personal community

Talking to people all day is fun especially when you have the same topics to talk about. More and more people always come in and out of my channel and a lot stop by and hang out for a while and give us the views we need to grow. The growth of my own personal channel is amazing to me and it makes me want to reach out and make more connections.

Pros

Make your own hours, show your creativity

Cons

won't see pay checks until you reach affiliate

Jobs at Twitch

See more jobs

Great place to be!

Twitch is amazing! one of the best places to be and I am super happy to be part of their team! It is amazing to be able to turn a hobby into a paid thing you do and there is no better feeling!

Pros

I can work whenever I feel like

Cons

money is definitely worked for

Twitch is about the only option still for LIVE Streaming

Working for Twitch has been fun. Going LIVE can be scary and nerve wracking but you eventually get used to it.Some people like the drama which there is plenty of, while others prefer to stay away, and Twitch allows you to do either easily.

Pros

Set your own Schedule

Cons

It's a very hard grind!

The community that grows around you

Pretty enjoyable and user friendly. I would like to see a sidebar for comments on the xbox app. That would help cut down on the number of devices used for monitoring the chat

The company privides a platform that is completely dependent on the entertainer.

Working for Twitch has been an interesting experience full of potential in personal growth. Everything is dependent upon the streamer from hardware, software, networking, and content. The hours are flexible although everything is dependent on the viewers and exposure. Gaining a following can take several years or maybe a streamer will get popular overnight. Either way it's a once in a lifetime experience.

Pros

Work your own hours and provide your own set-up.

Cons

Saturated market, not a guaranteed income, and bullying/harassment is a challenge.

It's Twitch

Everyone knows Twitch, but gaining an audience is hard. The bigger streamers get all the views, making it harder for anyone just starting out. Even after the slow climb to gain a following, there is no guarantee you'll be able to maintain that or continue growing

broadcaster

tends to be fun, but the lack of exposure for small streamers is disheartening. When attempting to come back, all of the new rules/regulations causes some to not want to come back.

Good for people with followers and good content

Starting Twitch with no followers or anything on social media is hard because the climb is slow, but when you get all 4 achievements 50 followers 8 hours of stream timeStream of 7 different days3 viewers averaged It can be a well paying job

Great Platform

twitch is a great platform in everything they have to offer from their learning of creativity also to live broadcasting games or vlogs,blogs also reliable time as well being your own manager.

Very fun, but for most it should only be a hobby.

I love being a streamer, but it has a lot of ups and downs.Ups: You are your own boss, you can do whatever you want, and you get to make friends.Downs: It takes a long time to make money, some of you will never make money, for 99.999% it should be a hobby and not a career.I would still recommend it.In fact, go check out my twitch channel at the link bellow.www.twitch.tv/ANOC_Gaming

Pros

You are your own boss

Cons

some of you will never make money

Consistency

Twitch is very inconsistent with their standards for their streamers. The more revenue a streamer brings in, the more they are aloud to skirt around terms and conditions that would normally get middle to low end streamers banned from their service. However, if you have the time, energy, and networking abilities, you can go far in the industry.

Very nice company, easily accessable

This job is very efficient, playing your favorite games while other watch is the best part of this job, talking to new people, and meeting new players in-game that might watch your streams.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Twitch. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

Diversity score

out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Twitch.
Powered byComparably