Twitter Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
great
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 5, 2018
great application, great way to stay in touch on the latest developing news and thoughts from those you follow - real time sharing of ideas i highly recommend using.
Productive and fun workplace!
Client Account Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 10, 2018
Twitter was by far the best company I have ever worked for! From the people to the culture within the company, and having the ability to change the social space - it was a remarkable experience!
Great people, not a great workplace
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 3, 2018
The culture at Twitter is very competitive and cut-throat. I loved everyone I met, but I'd never met so many unhappy and stressed out people in my life. I think the CEO doesn't care about his users or the people who work at Twitter. Everyone I know who left is very happy about it.
Pros
Free lunches, good people
Cons
Terrible management, awful culture
No such thing as a typical day at Twitter
Sales Support (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 30, 2018
Intense political maneuvering, not a meritocracy at all, hard work undervalued, upper management and HR eschew supposed company values of transparency and honesty, lack of transparency results in lack of candid conversations, no room for critical thinking or constructive feedback
Great product and people
Senior Manager, Product Strategy (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 6, 2018
Great product and team but leadership struggled to define what twitter was while I was there. As such, the company wasn't as productive as it could be and it often felt like the consumer and business orgs weren't aligned.
benefits
Cons
turnover
Great corporate environment to work in
Head Coach/Trainer, Program Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 11, 2018
Twitter has been able to maintain their start-up culture and perks, and did a great job promoting health and wellness with their employees. Their on-site gym was a great facility that got people interacting outside their respective teams. HR were very selective with their contracting with coaches who would manage and run the fitness program, but the engagement was always positive. Overall, great workplace for both employees and contract workers.
IT intern
IT Specialist/Sys Admin Intern (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 25, 2018
- Company culture is very open and supportive
- My manager was very supportive and willing to teach
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner provided with many micro kitchens
Overall Good Place to Work
IT Desktop Support Deployment Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 10, 2018
Twitter was a great place to hone my IT skills. It provided a great working environment for the most part and gave me my first taste of working in Enterprise Tech.
Mid management too busy kingdom building
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 7, 2018
With the high level of turnover, middle management spent more time trying to fight for status and swell their personal kingdoms, than they did fixing the product issues.

A culture of millennials. Attrition was extremely high.
Pros
Fantastic food and benefits
Cons
Poor management. High staff turnover
Nice place to work
Technology Strategic Sourcing Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 2, 2018
Nice place to work. overall, good culture. co-workers are easy to work with and the management is easy to reach. overall it is a good place to work.
N\a
Footwear Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 6, 2018
It was a pretty laid back environment with great advancement opportunities. The workplace culture was very different than your traditional work place.
Straightforward and Simple
Unofficial (Former Employee) –  Bangor, MEDecember 13, 2017
Twitter is a great place for any company or local business to advertise upcoming events and exhibitions in a straightforward, simple manner. Making a post is fast and easy to plan in advance.
Terrible company
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  San Francisco Bay Area, CADecember 8, 2017
Read this review 5 years from now. You'll understand the reason why it is now bankrupt and the company is defaulting failing. Horrible management unfair work conditions terrible work-life balance I wouldn't recommend this to anyone
Great company
Advertiser Support Specialist/Ads Policy Lead (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2017
i really liked working at Twitter. They have a cafeteria full of free food. they are conveniently located in Downtown SF where you can easily access the flagship location.
Fighting Hard to Maintain Relevance
Client Partner (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 5, 2017
A lot of great people here passionate about the platform and its role in the world. The challenge is how best to convey that to customers. The Google & Facebook duopoly is real. Twitter wants to consider themselves in that same realm, but our clients are more likely to categorize us in the "nice to have" bucket including Amazon, Pinterest and Snap.
great work life balance but poor leadership
Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 22, 2017
it does seem to be getting better, albeit slowly but the people responsible for making day to day decisions don't always seem to make informed decisions. management seems to be more behind the curve and reactionary than able to plot out strategies and plan properly.
Pros
free breakfast/lunch, good work-life balance.
Cons
poor leadership
Twitter
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 23, 2017
Twitter has great benefits but low pay. Great people to work with and the culture is unbeatable. I would stay at Twitter longer but their salaries are not comparable to the marketplace.
Productive and fun place to work
Senior Credit Analyst (Contract) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 21, 2017
Enjoyed my time at Twitter although I was working in a Contract role.
My day usually started at 7:30 and ended at 4:30.
It was a steady busy job which required a lot of contact via e-mail. There was a lot of interfacing with the Account Manager, Order Management and Customer Support.
Pros
Free Lunches, great benefits, flex Time
Awesome
Site Operations (Former Employee) –  Natoma, CASeptember 11, 2017
The culture at Twitter was very friendly and the management staff took amazing care of the employees. It gave the employees a fast paced and challenging environment
fun
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 10, 2017
Good work enviorment but the advancement is not what it should be. I am not getting paid the rate i should be so that is the reason why i would not recommend twitter.