Two Maids & A Mop

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Support from manager
  • Overall satisfaction

great workplace culture and work/life balance

A typical day at work consists of arriving to the office, assembling my cloth bag, product caddy, and getting together everything else. From there, my teammate and I reference the route sheet for the day, grab a binder, and make sure we have the appropriate checklists for each clean. We decide who will be driving for the day, load the car with our equipment, and then make our way from clean to clean until we’re done. Sometimes there are days that the schedule is too tight and stopping for lunch might not happen, but most days there is some time between to eat. The cleans are easy, mostly, and the Two Maids process is really intuitive so it becomes second nature quickly. After we’re done, we head back to the office to drop off our equipment and laundry as well as empty and clean our vacuum and then head home. It seems monotonous but I might be lucky because 1) cleaning is meditative for me, 2) I enjoy so many of our regulars, and 3) I enjoy everyone I work with. Management is wonderful. The culture is very much a collaboration rather than a dictatorship. There is constant communication, understanding, respect, and regard for employee wellbeing. Truly one of the best managers I’ve ever had. As I’ve mentioned before, the workplace culture is collaborative. I’d also add challenging, fast paced, friendly, fun, engaging, inclusive, and rewarding (mostly in non-monetary ways).The hardest part of the job is probably just the physical exertion. And the occasional rude client. Sometimes you don’t get any tip even if they rate a 10. That’s about it. It’s not that difficult. The -

Pros

Collaborative, flexible, rewarding

Cons

Physically demanding

Friendly and uplifting!!

Great management and opportunities to meet some really amazing people!! It’s a very happy wby uplifting place to work and the pay is good! so glad i was able to join the two maids family in birmingham!!

Poor staffing

Managers are rude and competitive. They pick favorites and if you’re not one they’re out to target you to get fired for any reason they can come up with. A lot of drama and unsafe working conditions. Manager will try to force you to do something even if it’s against the safety guide and fire you when you don’t do it for health risk reasons. No lunch breaks either. Given only 15 minutes to get from place A to place B even if it is over an hour away.

Pros

usuall easy tasks

Cons

no lunch breaks, no leniency, poor management, overworked with no set hours.

Awesome place!

I love this place. Hours are great, no nights or weekends and off holidays. The atmosphere is great and the company cares about their employees. You don't have someone breathing down your neck all day and can enjoy being out and about instead of closed up in a factory or warehouse.

Pros

Great culture

Cons

It's a demanding job, but i don't mind.

Very fun workplace with amazing people.

You really feel like a part of a family working for this company. Both the owner and manager are amazing people who only want to help you succeed. The clients are nice and fun and you get to build a relationship with so many amazing people.

Pros

Amazing hours with great pay

Would you recommend working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Very Disappointing

I like the fact that you have limited interaction with the public at this job. There is something to be said for hard work and the day goes by quickly. That being said, the pay is terrible at this job. It averages out to about minimum wage and it is much too hard of work for minimum wage. You make 20% commission whether the house is not bad or completely filthy. It could take you several more hours than scheduled and you will still make the same amount. You drive your own vehicle and gas reimbursement doesn't even cover what you used let alone wear and tear. You don't get paid for drive time and some jobs can be an hour or more of a commute. That is two wasted hours of your day with no pay. They expect you to come in every morning and can often get sent home, you don't get paid for that either. The worst part is the work culture. It is like high school all over again with the gossip and talking behind peoples backs. It is not a professional work environment and management feeds into it and plays favorites. I do not recommend this company.

Pros

Monday-Friday days, weekends and holidays off

Cons

Pretty much everything else

Amazing work schedule and coworkers

The management is the best ever! The owners of this franchise actually treat their employees with respect and like family. They truly strive to help their staff in anyway that can. Best place and consistent communication.

Fun workplace & very satisfying job!

I started this job recently and this is the first job in a long time that I have love to get up and go to work. The manager are very understanding and outgoing. We have amazing teammates and a very friendly atmosphere. Overall my favorite JOB!!!

Awesome place to work

I am currently working in the company and I am very happy. The workers in Two Maids Newton makes me feel like we are family mostly than co-workers. I can say that my boss is the best I have ever had, he teaches me with patience and he encourages me to grow every day. Wonderful place to work!

Best job ever

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Two Maids & A Mop - Boulder is amazing! No nights, weekends are optional. I’m home every night to make dinner and spend time with my own family. We are never made to feel like we are just employees. We are a family and our opinions and input are not only valued, but encouraged! Our employers and clients alike treat us like we are human beings. My co-workers and I work together to find solutions that work best for the company. We are an amazing team that does everything we can to make our clients happy and their homes shine!ManagementIn general, managers at Two Maids & A Mop - Boulder are an amazing team. They don’t make decisions without asking us for our input or what our thoughts are.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Two Maids & A Mop - Boulder is the best! I work with some of the best PHC’s in the business!OverallMy experience working at Two Maids & A Mop - Boulder is the best I’ve had in my working career. From the top down and clients included, everyone makes you feel welcome and appreciated. That makes all the difference in the world.

Jobs at Two Maids & A Mop

See more jobs

Great job, great management

This is a great company to work for!! The management is top notch and all the ladies are great! It’s fun for me to work in an environment that values hard work and attention to detail. It’s also fun getting to know the customers and new staff that comes in!

Pros

Meeting new people and going to new places

Cons

Gross sometimes

Family Environment and Good culture

Typical work day M - F 8 - 5 pm. Come in a little early for meeting and get off when finish completing homes. Most of the time off between 3 - 5 pm. Clean a few homes a day, do a quality job for our customers. Do a great job at homes and usually get tips. Learning everyday to get better at cleaning. Workplace culture is friendly management who do there best to help out and train. Co-workers friendly and up beat. The hardest part of the job is learning to clean properly using there cleaning method so you do not miss areas. The most enjoyable part of the day is being out independent, nice customers and enjoy my cleaning partner.

Pros

Potential to make very good money once your schedule is full. Hours

Cons

Body needs to get use to cleaning a few homes a day

Best job and boss ever

I really enjoy this job the clients. Coworkers and management are incredible. Overall a great job to take, satisfaction guaranteed. I live to clean and clean living is a necessity

Pros

Quarterly events for staff

Cons

Hard work

Caring, Family Environment

The owner and manager actually care about you as a person and keep your best interest in mind. They are flexible and try to work with the staff as much as possible. The owner either brings in breakfast every Friday or actually cooks breakfast for us which is really fun. We are extremely busy so you actually have a lot of control over your pay...if you want to work 7 days a week you can and if you want a light day they do what they can to make it happen.

Pros

Great environment and culture

Cons

Hard work

Office Manager Review

I thouroughly enjoyed being an Office Manager at Two Maids & A Mop. The hardest part seemed to be staffing. It was difficult to remain fully staffed and to ensure everyone would show up every day. I learned how to hire efficiently and train efficiently so that there was less time onboarding and more time in the office bringing in business. They do have a great compensation plan if you bring in more business so it is a wonderful way to stay motivated.

Awesome job

Awesome job. Great people. Great environment. This job is very flexible and has great management. The customers are good people and very friendly. I would recommend this job to any one.

Great place to work.

Great place to work in a family oriented company. It is a small business so everyone is treated as a valued member of the team. The work is hard but rewarding.

Pros

Helping people.

Cons

Work can be hard.

It is a great place with great managers who genuinely care about people.

A place of diversity and cordial atmosphere. All work with a common goal to succeed and make customers happy as well as the employees. A caring and loving management team.

Awesome Company

Great company to work for get to meet new people daily, the company and managers are real nice to work with and be around very hands-on with their employees and customers. If you love to work and clean I recommend working for Two maids and a mop.

Amazing company!

Two Maids & A Mop is an amazing company to work for! The culture is very inviting & there are several opportunities for advancement. The pay is way above minimum wage & the management is willing to work with most situations 👍 👍!

Wonderful place to work!

This is a wonderful company to work for. Voluntary Saturday's No Sundays. I enjoy working here it's just I can't support my bills because of the wages. This is a family oriented business, will give you time off for family matters. The people are a joy to work with respectful and fun.

Pros

Friendly and enjoyable place to work

Cons

Low wages.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Two Maids & A Mop. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Two Maids & A Mop with

• Two Maids & A Mop
  • Culture
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?