Two Maids & A Mop

Clear
3.1Job Security & Advancement

mophousemileagecleaningcleancarweekendcommission

Work load not the best

I went into this position thinking I would experience advancement and a relaxed environment. But it was the total opposite. There is little structure with this company. The hours are not consistent. I went an entire week without work.

Pros

No micro management

Cons

Physical, inconsistent, chaotic

Welcoming and Wonderful

I have been with Two Maids for almost 5 years now, and often wish I came on board quite earlier. Two Maids gave me a sense of purpose, and the drive to want to further myself in life, especially in my career. I had the opportunity to work my way up from a PHC to a Training Manager to Training Director for multiple stores and now I am a Location Manager! It is stressful at times but always a rewarding experience! The hardest part of the job is probably revenue goals and difficult clients but nothing to actually complain about! I love it here.

Pros

management very understanding, flexible

Cons

a bit stressful sometimes, long hours/days

Two Maids & A Mop insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Was never appreciated or compensated fairly. I did all the work & my boss never even came into the office, nor did ANY WORK.

I would love to have stayed there until retirement, after a decade and helping to develop the company, winning awards and never had a problem, I was let go with ZERO NOTICE after being on the road for years....just a phone call & no explanation....Wondering how any of you sleep at night. I literally helped build it nationwide, attended everything I was invited to, sat on BOARDS BEFORE YOU EVER FRANCHISED, helped open new locations & STATES, helped re-write the ops manual (which was SO HORRIBLE to begin with), plus countless other things to help a company I believed in....

Pros

Cons

Life being taken

management was easy to communicate with

Working for this company gave me a sense of belonging and purpose. I am able to have great life work balance and able to meet wonderful people along the way!

Pros

Free lunches, bonus, benefits

Fantastic Employer

Love the culture this company offers to their employees. Room for advancement is there for everyone. The pay & work hours are awesome. You get back what you put into it.

Commission based

They offered me a full time position, making "performance based commission" only. You might make 20% if the customer is satisfied with your work. I looked at their webiste & they charge roughly $150, so you work all day for the possibility of making $30. I turned it down, because I have no desire to clean for free.

Poor staffing

Managers are rude and competitive. They pick favorites and if you’re not one they’re out to target you to get fired for any reason they can come up with. A lot of drama and unsafe working conditions. Manager will try to force you to do something even if it’s against the safety guide and fire you when you don’t do it for health risk reasons. No lunch breaks either. Given only 15 minutes to get from place A to place B even if it is over an hour away.

Pros

usuall easy tasks

Cons

no lunch breaks, no leniency, poor management, overworked with no set hours.

Great Company

Best cleaning company to work for in Peoria, by far! They do so many things to make you feel like family. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a family atmosphere that you make good money at.

False promises

The job in the beginning seemed very promising at first. But the management is where the issue is. I was poorly trained. Two weeks into hiring me they told me that they didn’t have enough houses and that they were going to let me go. Why even interview people for a position if you don’t have work????

Pros

Cons

Management, A lot of miles driven.

Shame Shame!

No matter how much you do, how hard you try, and how many times you ask, YOU WILL NEVER GET ANYWHERE!! Favoritism is rampant, the pay is horrible, and don't even think of asking for a raise or a promotion! No benefits of any kind, and just a bunch of empty promises. They are good at selling you a fantastic plan they have in store for the employees, BUT it NEVER HAPPENS! Talk is cheap there!!

Pros

Flexiblity when need to be off or off early

Cons

Everything else!

Best job ever

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Two Maids & A Mop - Boulder is amazing! No nights, weekends are optional. I’m home every night to make dinner and spend time with my own family. We are never made to feel like we are just employees. We are a family and our opinions and input are not only valued, but encouraged! Our employers and clients alike treat us like we are human beings. My co-workers and I work together to find solutions that work best for the company. We are an amazing team that does everything we can to make our clients happy and their homes shine!ManagementIn general, managers at Two Maids & A Mop - Boulder are an amazing team. They don’t make decisions without asking us for our input or what our thoughts are.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Two Maids & A Mop - Boulder is the best! I work with some of the best PHC’s in the business!OverallMy experience working at Two Maids & A Mop - Boulder is the best I’ve had in my working career. From the top down and clients included, everyone makes you feel welcome and appreciated. That makes all the difference in the world.

The best job I have had. The best environment, I actually enjoy coming to work.

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Two Maids & A Mop is amazing. I love the hours!Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Two Maids & A Mop are way better then any cleaning job I have worked at.

Unfair and not understanding.

While working at two maids, i really loved my job and the people around me.. but afterwards it wasn’t what i expected. A lot of lies and false hope. I was always talked about (in good ways) and i was told i were receiving a promotion that never happened. We were always missing money from our pay, never received right mileage, lock out fees never existed. So you had to always keep up with what you did. The manger there she didn’t know how to do her job. She would tell people not to work when there was work. She would get mad for people not coming in but send a text that morning asking you to. So after a lot of us who were there spoke to the boss an he took over and started to get some things right. But he was never on top 100%. It wasn’t professional as the ad made it seem. An the ad also lied as well. They made it sound so good, and ended up being bad. I was one of the best workers they had, and got fired for other people’s mistakes. He said i was “moving away from good cleaning.” I was”losing sight of it.” Well whoever does apply, and gets hired, i do wish you the best of luck, and hope everything goes well, and maybe they have a lot of new people doing what their supposed to.

Pros

No nights, no weekend. But sometimes it’s optional.

Cons

Lies, drama, business was not runned right. Pay was never right, always missed houses, mileage, etc.

Franchise Needs to be Fixed

Pay & benefitsNot the same as what is advertisedJob security and advancementSome people are subject to favoritism, only those employees can expect growth.ManagementSpecific location management was unprofessional, back peddled, talked over employees, did not offer fair payment opportunities.OverallBoth management and franchise owner let unhappy employees walk out. They did not care to fix their own bad qualities, but to instead ignore the issues they had created. The first few weeks were honestly just fine, but after week 5, everything went downhill, especially the pay and toxicity. They did not even pay the state mandated mileage to the drivers. I did my best with any job for this company, but still got paid maybe $30/day. I made less than $300 for two weeks, and I had worked 9/10 days for that specific pay period. Employees were great despite never getting properly trained by management. Management was very poor.

Not worth it

● Work-life balanceThe only thing I liked about working for the company is some of the women I worked with. Management was okay but only seems to care about her, her company and her family. There are no benefits at all, no nothing! Just cleaning houses for WAYYYY TO CHEAP ON YOUR END NOT YOUR BOSS END! Definitely is not worth it. This job is for retired people or teenagers. Definitely a stressful job. First and last time. I only gave them a 2 because I made 3 friends there😂😂😂● Pay & benefitsNo benefits, sick time, nothing! This job was useless● Job security and advancementDONT WORK HERE● OverallWasn’t the job for me. I got out of there before my first year. Management only cares about there well being. All the girls work extra hard in these houses while management gets all the money to sit in the office and watch Netflix 😂😂 I’m glad I found something else. No vacation time no NOTHING BUT A HARD TIME OVER WORKED AND UNDER PAID! ITS HONESTLY RIDICULOUS

horrible

worked since February and never once felt respect. Beat up my car my body and for what? Just for the owner to agree on lettting me go after hiring someone not even a week prior...what a joke this place is!

Pros

Cons

everything

Don’t do it

This takes a minute to read but it’s worth it I promise. The Job/work balance is good only in the fact that if you finish your route early you get to go home, weekends and holidays off, but if you or your child is sick the boss makes you feel like a bad employee for not coming in instead of being understanding. There are no health benefits, they tell you there’s bonuses through getting reviews from customers and literally pulling an egg out of a basket and if it’s your name you win. They have sand which stuff for lunch, every now and then bring doughnuts or something for breakfast and every quarter they take all the employees out to lunch and something fun afterwards like getting nails done. That’s pretty cool at first until you realize how much you were lied to about including the money you’d make. A normal check for 2 weeks is between 350 and 500 and 500 is actually a good check for them yet your expected to to 3 houses a day and they could all be 3 story houses and you only make $70 for the day with no benefits. You drive your own vehicle, pay for your own gas and when you don’t have enough money for gas you get in trouble for not driving not to mention the wear and tear your car gets. They expect you to pay your bills, get groceries and necessities and have the money to drive at least 2 if not 4 or 5 days every week on no more than 1,500 a month on a good month. The only advancement available is being the trainer. The owners are the sweetest and most caring people you’ll ever meet as long as you respect them and do your job. The best way to describe the office manager is -

Less stress but not an ideal long-term job.

It’s a good job to start out working but if you are looking for a long term, and rewarding career, this is not the solution. I would recommend this job for the person who is looking for a job during the day at a part-time salary. Mothers with kids in school and would like to get out of the house for several hours a day and want to make some extra money, this would be perfect. We have several men who work in our office and they love doing this job. Some of the best recruits are from men.

Office Manager Review

I thouroughly enjoyed being an Office Manager at Two Maids & A Mop. The hardest part seemed to be staffing. It was difficult to remain fully staffed and to ensure everyone would show up every day. I learned how to hire efficiently and train efficiently so that there was less time onboarding and more time in the office bringing in business. They do have a great compensation plan if you bring in more business so it is a wonderful way to stay motivated.

It’s being run into the ground.

This company will hire anyone, they employed multiple drug addicts. The boss gives a million chances to people who call out or no call no show. Horrible place to work at don’t apply here

Great teamwork

Two Maids is a great place to work, the atmospher is friendly and welcoming. Potential growth within the company. While some days can be tough, we can depend on great teamwork to get the jobs done in a timely manor. The company is supportive of employees' need to have a home/work life balance. We are also eligible for a few contest a month.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Two Maids & A Mop. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Two Maids & A Mop with

• Two Maids & A Mop
  • Job Security & Advancement
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?