Two Maids & A Mop

Clear
3.1Pay & Benefits

mophousemileagecleaningcleancarweekendcommission

Understanding management

The new manager in the centennial store is really understanding of your needs as long as you give a reasonable heads up. It’s commission based and not hourly, but they can keep your schedule full.

Very Welcoming & Inclusive Team

I would recommend this company, I do not enjoy working but working here is fun, rewarding, and uplifting. I make a lot of money in a short amount of time. Sometimes I make $126 in 5 hours. They accept me for me and there is always room to move up.

Pros

Free lunches, early release, great pay.

Cons

Driving, picky customers

Two Maids & A Mop insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Family oriented, Positive environment

I have worked for this company for 6 months, and I can honestly say I have not ever been a part of a company where the Owner / Upper Management team cares so much about their employees, We are truly a diverse family here and I greatly appreciate being apart of this family.

Pros

Diverse family atmosphere

Cons

No 401K

Former Employee

You are dealing with inexperience cleaners and lazy workers. The pay is commission based not hourly, the least you will make bi-weekly is $400 to $500. You are always told different by owners. You will have to drive your own vehicle at times. It’s a high turn-over due to low pay and lazy workers.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Low pay, no benefits and high turn over

Flexible and Positive Place to work

I love my job at Two Maids! Everyone is super upbeat and my manager is flexible with my schedule. My co-workers are friendly and I get a ton of tips from my clients.

Great work-life balance

The work-life balance is one of the best parts. You don't take this job home with you. All the coworkers get along with each other really well and it feels like a drama-free environment. The training is hands-on and management is very approachable if you would like further training in certain areas. You don't work weekends or holidays, but there are sometimes weekend jobs you can choose to do to make extra. You get out at a reasonable time Monday through Friday (usually before 5 pm). Overall, this is one of the most enjoyable jobs I've had. I've worked in a variety of customer-facing jobs, and this is low stress compared to retail/food service (in my opinion).

Workplace Focus

This job is very dependable on great opportunities towards money, and the company you from the customers. I love working here at Two maids and a mop knowing that there is a guarantee of money minus the hours behind a desk.

Pros

Getting off early

Cons

Gas

Terrible pay for the amount of work

When I started I was excited to be cleaning because I love doing it. The manager at the time was a terrible person that treated us all terribly. We got paid per house we cleaned. They told us that we’d be making $8-12 / hr and when I calculated my average pay it was $5/hr. We were expected to come in early and stay late with no extra compensation because of being paid per job. 0/10. Would never recommend.

Amazing Company to Work For!

I have been working for Two Maids and a Mop for a few years and I truly enjoy my time with this company! I have received great pay and awesome hours. The company has been very flexible with me also and I greatly appreciate them! I love that management shows each employee appreciation! We have received spa days, lunches, & more!

management was easy to communicate with

Working for this company gave me a sense of belonging and purpose. I am able to have great life work balance and able to meet wonderful people along the way!

Pros

Free lunches, bonus, benefits

Great hours, good pay & bonuses

Working at Two Maids is great. Most days were done around 2 or 3pm depending on your schedule and not stuck behind a desk all day from 8-5. Management is good about keeping morale up by having contests, bonuses and quarterly luncheons. The most stressful thing about the job is making sure customers homes are clean and cleaned within allotted time given.

I love my job and there very nice and sweet

I love this job it’s work around my schedule whenever I need to be off and our boss pay for our food every time we go out and they make us feel special anytime we need them they always there for us

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Don’t get paid for reclean

Great job

Two maids and a mop is a great company to work for.They are flexible with your schedule and the work hours are reasonable.I love that they show us they appreciate us with the quarterly celebrations and the many incentives they offer.

Productive and get what you work for.

This is a good company to work for if you are looking for a long term job to earn good money. As long as you are doing your job, there are no issues. Management always makes sure there is work for everyone.

Pros

Earnings, management.

Cons

Long days at some times.

Overall Good Job.

The job is overall GREAT, the pay is good! You even get bonuses for many different things. The management is great they take care of the employees and they treat everyone fairly. They even do quarterly celebrations and take us out to eat and do fun things of our choice every 6 months. I tell others about this place ALL the time. If your looking for a job or cleaning this is the place to be!!

Not worth the time and energy

Pay doesn’t equal out to what they advertise it as. Turnover rate is crazy. You’re constantly babysitting people on top of having to rush through the day. Keep a lunch in the car with you or rush to finish houses early so you can stop somewhere to eat. Houses aren’t always checked before being put on schedule. You may get a really dirty first time clean on top of a full day’s worth of houses, and you don’t get paid for the extra time you spend in the really dirty houses. The houses may be scheduled until 5 pm but you never know what kind of houses you’re gonna get, so sometimes you get off late. Trainers don’t all train the same way which causes an ongoing issue of people not knowing how to properly do their job. Management needs work. No sense of belonging. There was always some kind of drama. Just not worth it.

Pros

Quarterly celebrations, no holidays or weekends, mileage reimbursement

Cons

Small breaks, 7:30-5:30 schedule isn’t always accurate, overworked often

Fun workplace with work supplies included.

Working here has been fun, and I've enjoyed my time here. I usually get out of work at a decent time so I can still enjoy the rest of my day. Management also provides cleaning supplies, and we also have team-building-exercises once every few months.

Pros

Good Hours, Good Pay

Cons

Physical Labor

Work at your own risk.

The job itself isn’t hard. Cleaning up after people who are extremely disgusting can get old after a while. In some circumstances I feel like the customers expect us to do more than clean such as organize. We do dishes, take the trash out, and change sheets. We might as well throw a load on laundry in for them as well. The management isn’t the best in the Raleigh location. The employees show up when they want to, callouts literally daily, and it’s frustrating for people that are there on time, and ready to work.They never know how many jobs we will have on a day to day basis, and we don’t know until the morning of because of call outs. We are not hourly we are just 20% of each job so to really make at-least $100 a day you need 3 jobs a day or it’s not worth the work with the size of the house, and then you driving your personal vehicle to the customers house as well. For example if a job is $168 20% of that is $33 that’s barely gas. Most days especially Monday - Wednesday it’s 2 jobs, and towards the end of the week it’s 3. Gas compensation isn’t the best at all especially when you’re driving everywhere. Everyone cleans different and partners are rotated daily so you have to go behind a lot of people which in lost cases can result in doing double the work. Definitely a lot of favoritism at the job. The manager favorites get the better jobs with the better pay for sure. You train for a whole week at 18% during training.

Pros

Most of the time get of early before 5. No late nights and no weekends.

Cons

Calls outs daily, co workers are always late, bi weekly pay.

Not a good place

The co workers are rude and act like they really dont want to be there, i only got a 20 for gas reimbursement and i was lied to about my salary and i had been busying my tail there, not healthy or a good environment and also the co worker i was working with i liked her until she started yelling at me and making it seem like i was doing nothing when we where on opposite sides of the house we where cleaning.

Pros

Cons

The whole job itself

Horrible management, pay not worth it

I currently work here but quitting very soon as soon as i find another job. The management is horrible. They make you feel bad for taking sick days. Their job posting says that they reward based off of performance, but they definitely reward based off favorites. They hardly ever honor your requests when you ask to be off early, even if you ask weeks in advanced. They won’t tell you or the clients if people you have worked with become sick with something like Covid-19 or even the flu. They stack houses onto your schedule with barely enough time to drive from one house to another and if you take too long at a house, they’ll tell you to skip your break/lunch just so we aren’t late or make anyone mad. No one at this company takes any responsibility or initiative to make sure their employees are being treated right. The mileage pay also isn’t worth it. It isn’t even within the states guidelines of what a company must pay in mileage reimbursement. It is too much wear and tear on your car and if something happens to your car while at a job, the company will not pay for it. Two Maids and a Mop does not care about their employees, only their money. It is not worth the stress to be apart of this company. I wouldn’t recommend this job to anyone.

Pros

only good thing is weekends off

Cons

poor management, poor mileage reimbursement, not a welcoming environment.

Great place to work!!!

I have been with my job for close to two years now. It is by far the most flexible job I have ever had. We also have a wonderful manager and owner. I am paid fairly for the work I do. It is an amazing job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Two Maids & A Mop. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Two Maids & A Mop with

• Two Maids & A Mop
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?