Play YouTube video button

Found 1,448 reviews matching the search
Featured review
TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® selected this as a representative review
Excellent Culture
Two Men and a Truck has been an excellent experience for me. I started as a driver, was promoted to Move Manager, Operations Manager, Assistant General Manager, and was then offered the opportunity to open up a franchise as the General Manager.

TMT has been my college. I have learned so much about leadership from my interactions with front-line staff as well as countless hours of training from Home Office. In my business as well as the franchise I transferred from, employees come first. We focus on the employee experience by respecting, rewarding, and holding accountable all of our employees. It is a very hard job, but no one works harder for their employees than the managers I know in the TMT System.

You have to work hard, maintain an excellent attitude, and serve those you lead. If you can do these things, Two Men and a Truck can be a bigger opportunity than you could ever imagine.
Pros
Excellent Culture
Cons
Difficult schedule
February 7, 2019
Thank you for leaving us such a wonderful review! It's great to hear about your positive experience and opportunities to learn and grow. Thanks for being part of the team!
Company screws you out of money
Working at two men and a truck was fun and a good experience, until I started looking at my paystubs and noticed that I was getting shorted money. There is no HR system so all the payroll goes through the main boss. Not only did they start me at $16 an hour when the job was advertised at $17, you don't always get payed for the hours you worked. You enter your start and end time for the job you did that day in a tablet that you take to the job site with you, which the manager has full access to , so jobs that I remembered taking 11-12 hours were shortened to 6-7 hours in the system. I tried to call the next higher up person to explain what was happening and he ignored my call and sent me straight back to the person who was cutting money out of my checks. There's no way to prove that you're getting shorted, you just get payed less than you should. The management and HR system at this job is very shady and they will work you a ridiculous amount of hours and pay you less than the jobs were worth. On top of dealing with mean and moody customers, you have to deal with getting payed less than what you're supposed to. Would not recommend this job and will never go back.
I enjoy working here
If you're one of the employees who work hard and show up for work, you seem to never struggle for getting hours. In fact, you usually end up with Overtime on most checks. The employees who drag their feet, let others do the work or show up late and no calls or the ones who always complain about hours. It's dependednt on you. The other nice aspect is that f your one of the ones whjo work hard, the customer sees that and tips. The co-workers are nice and fun to work with and make your day go fast, and faster when the customer is cool to us. They woirk with my schedule and allow me to take classes and work and I enjoy working here.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for leaving us feedback on your time with TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®! We’re glad to see you have found positive aspects in your position, and the hours work well for your schedule. Thank you for being a part of the team!
Good
I love working here great people to work with if you need a side job working here is great I can go to school and work and get pay you hike I am earning my degree.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a great review! We’re glad to see the hours work well for your schedule, and we appreciate your hard work in exceeding our customers’ expectations each day. Thank you again, for leaving us a review, and being part of the team.
Poor Management and Negative Customers
You never know what you're doing until 20 minutes prior, there are no protections for the workers, and management will scrap you as soon as you show a sign of being slightly less useful, or complain about not actually meeting DoT regulations or Standards.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for leaving us feedback on your time with our company. We are concerned to hear about some of the issues you presented and appreciate you bringing them to us. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Good place too work for
Friendly outgoing place to work for ...everyone is always cheerful ...and happy ...great training class...videos ...and great group of guys too work with
May 19, 2020
We are so happy to hear you think TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® is a great place to work – we think so, too! Your feedback as a current employee is especially appreciated, as it shows your investment in creating a positive work experience. Glad to have you on our team!
Crooked work place
They let other people not employees pay them to keep me from working.Tips were being given out great but they would hide them from me even when I saw the customer tell them split this between you guys. Horrible company to work for. I was even terminated and they couldn't provide a reason
May 19, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We’re disappointed to hear you didn’t have a positive experience, as we aim to create a great workplace for all team members. Thanks again leaving us feedback and allowing us the opportunity to learn and improve.
Its hard work, but the people and company are amazing. The office staff are always available and truly care about their employees. The training given to new employees is wonderful and a great representation of what the job will be like.
May 19, 2020
We are so happy to hear you have had a wonderful experience working for TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®! We strive to provide an excellent training program for our team members, and we are happy to hear we have succeeded in doing so. Good luck in your future opportunities!
im just ready to come back...
I travel alot at this job and meet wonderful people at dis company and around the world🌎🌍🌏.we help alot of people in this company and just want to make sure to take care of things we go to do at work.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for leaving us a great review on your time with our company! We especially appreciate your feedback as a current employee, as it shows your investment in creating a great work experience. We are happy to have to on the team!
It sucked
Worked 7 days a week, worked around people who threatened my life, the company did nothing about it because the other party was a "good worker." Out of state on Wednesday and Thursday, then Saturday and Sunday.
May 19, 2020
Thank you for leaving us feedback on your experience with our company. We’re disappointed to hear you didn’t have a positive experience, as we aim to create a great workplace for all team members. Thank you for bringing these concerns to us, as this will help us create better experiences in the future.
Fun and Productive Workplace
From the second you enter the door, you're greeted by a kind and loving family atmosphere. Management is extremely focused on helping you succeed and making sure that you are happy with how you are doing. Your sales goals are clear with realistic expectations and bonus's are available as well. You couldn't ask for a better team to work along side with, or a better support system in a company. 10/10 would recommend to anyone who enjoys success and work/life balance.
May 8, 2020
Thank you for leaving us a great review on your time with our company! It sounds like you learned some valuable new skills and you worked with great team members – these are things we love to hear. We are grateful for your contribution to the team, and wish you luck in the future!
Most Unprofessional
This company has the most unprofessional employees, including managers. I worked for them for 4 days. That was too much. Most of who they hire are low class type of people, who use foul language, even at the office and in front of customers. Some of them try to act like they're big shots, some think they can do whatever they want, like smoke in the trucks. Then, they try to start stuff (including calling the managers about you), because you tell them that you don't want them to. I would never hire T Women and A Truck, even if they were the only moving company.
Pros
Getting fired instead of quitting because you want another job & may have to file unemployment
Cons
Getting hired and having to the right thing by going to work
May 8, 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are sorry to hear you did not have a positive experience with our company but appreciate your feedback. Best of luck in your future!
Very unprofessional
Very unorganized and unprofessional straight up...don’t care about no one or anything else besides money not people’s families and or what others have to do outside the work environment
May 8, 2020
Thank you for leaving us feedback on your time with TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®! We strive to live out our core value to “care” – not just for our customers, but our team members as well. Thank you for bringing these concerns to us, as this will help us create better experiences in the future.
Management is horrendous.
After working with this team for awhile I can honestly say it was a garbage fire of a job. Owner acts like a child (punches holes in doors/walls) New sales team is an absolute joke, can barely make a correct estimate. High turn over rates, and not worth the stress. Glad to have left when I did.
May 8, 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your time at our company. We are concerned, however, to hear that you didn’t feel cared for as an employee. We strive to uphold our core value of “care” by treating our team members in a respectful and professional way. We wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.
Hardworking job
Good job that requires strength both physically and mentally. You’ll meet some good people who will be helpful and give you good tips for your safety and to make your job easier for you.
May 8, 2020
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your role here at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®! Moving is hard work, and we appreciate our dedicated team members like you who help us in exceeding our customers’ expectations each day. Thanks for being part of the team!
Busy work.
It requires being able to lift and hold a substantial amount of weight. Sometimes in demanding weather. So I believe a candidate should be someone young and in shape.
May 8, 2020
Thank you for taking time to provide us feedback. Moving can be a tough job, and we are thankful for your contributions to the team. Best of luck in your futures endeavors!
Companies that preach "culture" usually have very bad culture
Where do I start? I guess I will start with something good. The company paid me well (twice the minimum wage in California), and it is a salary base position. I got to meet some really good people and some really bad people at this job. I learned some aspects of HR when I was here as well as learning how to operate a 26 foot truck and getting certified to drive one.

Now here comes the not so great. As the "operations manager" I was the "lead" person for anything that deals with the day to day operation. While there were times where I felt "in charge", I was basically a fetch boy. Constantly vetoed on decisions that should have been made by myself by the GM and owner. What's the point of being "in charge" if you aren't really?

Training here is a joke. I was enrolled in a "leadership" 8 week course and due to my job being overwhelming time consuming, I was told by my leadership to have it playing in the background while working. lol what is the point in having this "training" if you aren't able to spend undivided time on it.

You should also be aware of your pay as well. I did the math on my pay and if I was getting paid the same for all 12 months. I would have been short $5,000.. very suspicious.

Long story short, if you are single, no kids, and basically ready to give your life to this company, this is for you. For people that want a work balance life and quality of life, I would advise not to take this position unless you can guarantee to have a assistant.
Pros
Pay
Cons
long hours, many days with no lunch, split days off
May 8, 2020
Thank you for leaving us feedback on your experience with our company. We’re disappointed to hear you didn’t have a positive experience, as we aim to create a great workplace for all team members. Thanks again for leaving us feedback and allowing us the opportunity to learn and improve.
Hard working
A typical day at work depends on if we have one job or two jobs, I always have an awesome day I enjoy moving people it's a good feeling. I learn a lot of different things from customers.
Pros
The appreciation of the customer they moved into their new place
Cons
Being underpaid for such hard work
April 27, 2020
Thank you for leaving us a review on your experience so far with our company. Moving is hard work, and we appreciate our dedicated team members like you who help us in exceeding our customers’ expectations each day. Thanks for being apart of the team!
Fantastic environment
The culture is on point. They actually care about their moves, as the slogan says, but they also care about their employees. Every company says that, but TMT is the first one that I actually believed. The job is hard, but fulfilling, and the atmosphere is worth the effort.
Pros
Management is awesome, get to see cool stuff and meet cool people
Cons
Very hard work, scheduling is weird
April 27, 2020
We are so happy to hear you have had a wonderful experience working for TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®! It sounds like you gained some great skills, met new people and experienced new places, which are things we love to hear! Thank you for the great review, and good luck in your future!
Lots of great moves great for staying in shape and you meet a lot of good people great for networking and the company treats you good you your pay depends on your work.
April 27, 2020
Thank you for leaving us a great review on your time with our company! It’s awesome you’ve found a built-in gym membership in your position and enjoyed the people you worked with! Thank you for being apart of the team and best of luck in your future.
No help
The manager there is worthless the owner only comes in to pick up his profit it is a terrible place to work you get no support for any of you deeds so if you work here good luck
April 27, 2020
Thank you for leaving us feedback on your time with TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®! We’re disappointed to hear you didn’t have a positive experience, as we aim to create a great workplace for all team members. Best of luck in your future endeavors.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8
2.9
Ratings from women
2.5
InHerSight Score
2.4Personal Development
2.7Career Opportunities
2.3Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight