TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Employee Reviews

Good group of people working here and there will always be something to do
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 17, 2019
Be prepared to work hard for this job. Shifts start early in the morning and you will be on your feet lifting heavy things all day. Customers can be very frustrating at times but if your in great shape and have your sleep schedule in check you should be fine. Also, if you’re good at your job you will most likely work nearly every day of the week. I rarely had a day off and it would get taxing after a while. Scheduling is ridiculous however. It’s all on an app and you don’t know if you work tomorrow until 5 pm the day before.
Pros
Free food and drink most days. Decent pay.
Cons
Horrible scheduling. Very long days. Tough on body.
Horrible job
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJanuary 1, 2019
When you have a good team and customer your day is not bad but when you get less than 20hours for two weeks and no tips you lose money in gas expenses. Management makes it a point to let you know you are easily replaceable if you are a mover. There tend to be more movers than drivers which means you get less hours because they rotate every mover to give them some hours, when you first start they will either give you a long job or a short job to see if you will quit. They look for any reason to get rid of you, I had a medical issue on a job and they tried to use it to fire me but thankfully I listed it in my hiring info so they knew about it.
Pros
Decent tips when you get them.
Cons
Over staffing, pay does not compensate for work loads or stress.
Cooperative Moving and Driving
Truck Driver & Mover• 2 (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJanuary 14, 2019
being a truck driver good since of humor and good way to greet a customer its a pretty good job there arent hard about it its really about being carefull packaging and lifting properly. the most hard part of the job is when we did training lifting heavy items such as furnatures, refrigerators etc back in forth from upstair to downstairs into the truck constantly for 2 or 3 hrs.
Pros
30 Min Lunch
Cons
Shortbreak
not good work enviorment
OPERATIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCJanuary 22, 2019
The company as a whole is good. But the franchise is winston-salem nc is not run well. I have worked for this company trough 3 owners and it has not gotten better. They like to micro manage everything you do and are not good and taking responsibility for their actions. they have very poor training and expect a lot for a little.
Pros
Flexible times
Cons
Mangament, poor work environment, Poor Training
Two men and a truck
Driver (Current Employee) –  Oldsmar, FLNovember 21, 2018
Two men and a truck is a great place to work if you are a younger man and need a Temporary job. The hours are long and the tips can be great. The men have to be at work early and sometimes work late. The best part of the job are the tips and sometimes the gifts that the customers give you and the stuff they give to you can be well worth it.
Pros
Customers gifts and tips
Cons
At times the hours can be extremely long and physically demanding on the body.
Worst place I ever work at.
Mover (Former Employee) –  South Bend, INJanuary 22, 2019
The General Manager is a joke. Has no idea how to do his job. Not a people person and doesn’t respect his employees. Schedule was inconsistent to say the least. Definitely favoritisms with drivers. Would not with there as a mover. If you are not willing to kill yourselves working on a move other employees will talk about you to others in a attempt to force you to quit.
Pros
Cons
The whole South Bend Branch
Unprofessional management
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INDecember 17, 2018
Management sucks and is very unprofessional they call their employees as*holes and constantly talk trash about former employees their favorite word to use this dynamic. Because there is no structure whatsoever there constantly changing the rules so you never really know what’s going on. Would not recommend and very low pay for what you’re doing
working for two men and a truck
Professional Mover (Current Employee) –  Lowell, NCJanuary 18, 2019
During the course of my time working for two men and a truck i have experience new things that i thought that i would not learn. during the time that i have been working here i have experience lack of hours working during the months of January Feburary and March there is a lack of work.
Pros
different work partners.
Cons
Lunch breaks are when you can get one in because of working.
Complicated
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHOctober 29, 2018
Owner / boss would come in hung over. Hired way to many people and before you know it everybody goes from 40hour weeks down to 20hours weeks. This job started out okay but got worse as time wnet by. Most of the other employees were good people but some were self-centered. All the owner cared about was making as much money as possible and he even cut bonuses from the employees. The owner even double charges those that decided to us his franchises with gas expenses.
Pros
Other employees
Cons
Owner/management
It’s a stress full work environment and not enough hours
Mover and Packer (Former Employee) –  Raindeer trailOctober 28, 2018
If you attend to work here I would look for a different job. You don’t get enough hours unless your a driver they treat the movers horribly. I got an average of 6 hours for 2 weeks. That’s all not per day not per week no but 2 weeks. Not only that the managers work you like a slave and demand the most of the people that they treat like trash. Yah it’s good pay but you receive no hours. A boss there wants told me your to expensive to work so we’re gonna see if someone with less pay will work instead.
Pros
Some good people
Cons
Management, hours, lack of caring, safety, stressful, and shifts
Two Men and A Truck
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 23, 2018
I would get there about 8 in the morning. I would clock in and get my tablet and job for today. It told us where to get the customers stuff from and where to take the items too, and it also said how long the job would last approximately. I learned how to drive a box truck, and how to carry/handle certain pieces of furniture. The hardest part was not enough steady hours. You could work 4 hours one day and then 12 the next. Sometimes you were off for a whole week if it was their slow season. I enjoyed the people there. Management was okay, but it could have been better. The hours weren't fair, and should have given each employee a far amount of hours.
Pros
It was good pay
Cons
No steady hours
Hard Work with Great Reward
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 22, 2018
Two Men And A Truck was a very rewarding job with large tips varying per customer, and a great base pay and pay upgrades based on merit. This job did require you to adjust your working hours based on a daily call in schedule which may not be preferable for all. Over all I enjoyed this position albeit it was temporary due to me joining a internship program which conflicted with my daily work schedule. For those who don't mind working with their hands and have time to put into work this job was very rewarding.
Pros
Comfortable working environment, great pay, low supervision
Cons
Varying schedule, Long hours, and required overtime
Solid part-time job, very flexible
Mover/Packer (Current Employee) –  Irwindale, CADecember 11, 2018
Everyday is different. Some days can be as quick as 4 hours and other days can be as long as 12+ hours. Everyone you work with is usually pretty nice, including managers. Customers usually tip so thats always a plus. On call type of job so scheduling varies. Job also calls for out of state moves from time to time which is cool in my book. Over all good place to work at.
I loved the work but the management was not fair
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Bentonville, ARJanuary 18, 2019
I loved moving furniture, boxes, and beds. It was great, its just that when something got damaged by a person on our crew we all had to pay for it. Instead of the insurance paying for it like it was supposed to. So i left and tried to find better places to work.
Pros
Free workout and loved the work
Cons
Bad management and unfair payments to the company
Free Workout
Slave (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLOctober 14, 2018
The company sucks, the pay doesn’t match the work load, you’ll be used as a work horse, constant last min scheduling.. when you want to work, they won’t schedule you, but when ppl don’t show up, they’re begging you to come. Tallahassee Location is Trash.. you’re better off just working retail. Apply if you’re seeking to get paid 200-300 to work out. No exaggeration.. if you’re about your money, don’t apply here.
Pros
Free Workout
Cons
Scheduling, Lazy Employees, Unorganized, Pay, Stability
This job is a joke
Mover (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MIJanuary 4, 2019
The starting pay is minimum wage with no guarantee of hours. 10 to 15 is average but don't expect to get more, the work is tough with few tips and even the managers get shafted with around 25-30 hours and only make a few dollars more per hour. This place is a complete joke, any other job you can get will pay better and won't be as hard on your body.
Pros
Cons
Low hours, Low pay, Hard work
Do not apply to any jobs period
Lead Driver/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLDecember 18, 2018
Believe me when I say DO NOT APPLY. This company is a wolf in sheep clothing. They have no business operating the way
They treat there customers and employees. I was a lead driver for them and will never recommend to anybody. Upper management
Is only there to secure there profits and nothing else.
Pros
Cons
To many to list
awful job
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIJanuary 10, 2019
the job was very stressful working with lazy co workers long hours rude customers and poor communicative management the hours were extremely inconsistent the way the schedule was done was a terrible way the pay was god awful for the amount of moving heavy furniture you had to do.
Pros
co workers are funny
Cons
awful pay terrible hours poor management
Former U.S.M.C.
Operations Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Davie, FLDecember 18, 2018
The main problem with this company is the over all management, I wish I can say that they know what they are doing, but this is not the case. It's a good case of the blind leading the blind. Where I was the 22 year old manager tried, but failed pretty bad. I brought over 25 years of good experience to the table and the problem was they never trusted me enough to reach out to me. I brought a m.A. In business management and 20 years in law enforcement, oh, I forgot to mention the 8 years I spent in the U.S.M.C. Learning how to lead people. All this did not matter to them. Lack of communication and many other factors that I can not even go into here. Oh, I did not mention the 3 hour breakfast that the manager would go to almost regularly. Also you have manager's writing their own review to their home office to make them look good, pathetic. there is no honor at this business.
Cons
Poor place to work with shady management dealings and HR will not help you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Spring, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Shady management . Managers will try to steal your commissions by making up a reason your job was wrong and there is no system to check that against. Continued to have problems with management and documented it from them pinning problems on me to not stopping management harassment. They pushed me out of a job and lied about the reasoning behind it. Reported them to HR and HR refuses to help so if you have problems with the local office the main office will not help you. Shady organization.
Pros
Cons
Poor and shady management, low pay, no benefits

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

2.7Career Opportunities

2.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight