Two Rivers Behavioral Health System Employee Reviews

Private psychiatric hospital - RN
Psychiatric Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 17, 2018
Enjoyable position, very interesting patients, calls on physical assessment as well as psychological assessment, very good team to work with, excellent psychiatrist.
Lots of different patient types
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOMay 24, 2018
They serve alot of different pt populations and that made it fun to learn about and work with these patients. Ultimately though they have gone through quite a few people in leadership.
Pros
Population
Cons
Paper charting
Clean, Safe Environment
Mental Health Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2018
Communicating with a variety of age groups ranging from ages 5 years to 80+years.

Provides a safe, therapeutic environment exceeding the counseling provided within as well as creating and implementing therapeutic activities to assist the patient in recovering from either detoxification or trauma.
Pros
Learn new safety techniques/Help others make there day better.
Cons
Doing rounds every 15mins.
Look before you leap
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 11, 2018
2 Rivers is in a very bad place right now with their hospital. Unsafe environment for staff and patients. Very disorganized. Understaffed. Pay is not competitive with other behavioral health providers in the area. High turn over. I would not recommend for employment or for patients. Sad.
Pros
Pto, insurance
Cons
Low pay, unsafe, disorganized, under staffed, paper charting
cut throat
Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOApril 12, 2018
they do not work as a team. the senior nurses run the young nurses away. hours are constantly cut there is absolutely no way to plan your schedule as some weeks you may work 3 12's other weeks you may get canceled twice and only work 1 shift.
I love working with my Kids
Mental Health Technician (Current Employee) –  5121 Raytown Rd Kansas City Mo 64133December 30, 2017
I'm a lead Mental Health Technician on the Adolescent unit I work with children from the ages of 5 to 17 years old. The rapport that I have with my kids is the most enjoyable part of my job. My kids respect me but also enjoy my company. I really love getting to know my kids and I love what I do. I learned how to manage the milieu extremely well and I learned how to take vitals, conduct therapy groups, and learned how to be a better leader. The management shows no appreciation to hardworking employees and they lack consistency with rules, polices, daily duties, and etc. The hardest part about my job is getting attached to my kids then they leave and that's it no word on how they are doing or what they are doing with their life.
Pros
Pay is reasonable, provide benifits, Pto
Cons
lack of consistency, change of policies without allowing staff to know of them before discplinary action, no apprecitaion of employees, change of management yearly, change of ceo yearly
A Soul-Sucking Environment
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 11, 2017
The department in which I work is poorly managed and is a direct reflection of the current administration. When employees leave positions, they remain open for months with little movement toward re-staffing. When mistakes happen, the blame comes squarely back on employees even when the issues are systemic.

The management seems to be bottom-line focused only, and the employees suffer for it, meaning the patients suffer as well. Good management would recognize the need for employee recognition and encouragement because when employees are happy, patient care improves. Since morale is so low, and has been for months due to being understaffed, overworked, and underappreciated, patient care has suffered, too.
Pros
Coworkers, PTO is generous
Cons
Management, Hours, Work-life balance
Psychiatric Nursing in Acute Care
REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MOOctober 5, 2017
High stress job working with Dual Diagnosis patients. Patients violent behavior was tolerated more than at other places. I was not comfortable with their approach to treating patients. There is a time for sympathetic hand holding and a time for more stern upholding of rules and basic safe behavior. Restraints were not used and isolation was rarely used. No security guards, and male employees were relied on for "managing" violence by putting patient in a protective hold for indeterminate amount of time until they were able to calm down.
Typical day at work for RN was to manage 20-25 detoxing patients with vital sign protocols, pass all the patient's meds, Monitor the suicidal ones, document on all the patients assigned all on a paper chart that was constantly being used by social work or the physicians.
Very high stress at times.
I still enjoyed the ability to talk to a patient and make a difference in their day. Making them feel like they are understood means so much in that environment.
Pros
Helping people on such a personal level
Cons
Threat of harm, daily verbal abuse and threat of injury
Adequate competent treatment overall.
Director of Health Information (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MONovember 10, 2016
Good place to work with an opportunity to learn. Employees are trained with testing in all aspects of their jobs which results in increased satisfaction.
Pros
Employees are wonderful
Very negative work environment, unsafe care, extensive leadership turnover.
Director of Business Development (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 25, 2016
Good experience, but very negative environment. There is an extraordinary lack of accountability for staff performance.
Pros
Offer essential care to the mentally ill.
Cons
Lack of accountability.
Well known hospital in the area and dedicated staff
Assessment and Referral Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 14, 2016
I enjoyed working at Two Rivers. At times need more staff due to high volume of admissions. Very busy and staff work hard to provide team support.
A day at Two Rivers
Housekeeping / prn medical records (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 12, 2016
I love working at Two Rivers. my co workers are so caring. always complimenting others.. its a good place to work. the most enjoyable part of my day is getting to talk to the patients.
understaffed, dangerous environment
Charge Nurse/Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJanuary 29, 2016
Very busy and unpredictable work environment. Some days understaffed and acuity extremely high. Working along with very competent staff.

However,this company refuses to go live with electronic medical records causing so much additional paperwork. Many times I have been cancelled because of low census.

I really enjoyed the patient population.
Pros
excellent staff
Cons
poor management
Productive and Professional work enviroment
Assisting the charge nurse (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 24, 2014
I have gained a lot of knowledge and experience in the medical field with assisting the nurses and obtaining patients vital signs.
Unstable environment
Staff Nurse Adult Acute Care Psychiatric Unit (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 28, 2014
This facility is working to overcome some issues with patient safety. Staff morale is very low.
Busy not for profit psychiatric hospital
Receptionist (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 22, 2014
Fast paced psychiatric hospital with a great team of managers and health care providers. The only con was that it was a semi-safe environment without security.
Highschool all over again
Patient Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 21, 2013
This is a job that pays well but makes you earn every dollar. There is no room for error. If you plan on working here to help those that are in need of your therapeutic skill, don't bother. This job isn't what they say it is.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
Short staff, keep you busy from the patient, favoritism
Good Benefits Lousy Company
Patient Safety Tech (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOOctober 19, 2013
The benifits are really good. You will really like the patients, the company on other hand will make you not want to work there. They need a huge overhaul on the entire management staff. Staffing isn't fair and get ready to run around like a chicken with your head cut off but I enjoy the fast pace environment and some patients will melt your heart. Your day can be very relaxed or very crazy.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
The way you are treated by staff
Exciting clinical environment
Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 1, 2013
Opportunity for both inpatient and outpatient work with multiple diagnosis and client populations.
Family like environment at work everyday
Chief Nursing Officer (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJuly 21, 2013
Two Rivers is a great place to work. I love the people I work with, the patients are fun and exciting. There is something new happening everyday.
Pros
Family like environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Two Rivers Behavioral Health System. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9