Tybee Vacation Rentals Employee Reviews

Ease of access to cleaning locations and friendly staff.
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Tybee Island, GAOctober 8, 2017
A typical day of work depends on the number of properties you are assigned for that day and what season it is. During summer you are more busy especially during holidays. The management are typically around to help in case you need it. The hardest part of the job depends on how dirty the rentals are. The cleaning can be easy or difficult.
A new adventure everyday!
Guest Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tybee Island, GAMay 13, 2017
I just recently started and I look forward to going to work everyday. I'm amazed at how well the staff treat new hires and are quick to lend a helping hand. They demonstrate a lot of patience and take the time to make sure you understand everything. I'm very excited to see where this career takes me! I'm also a single mom and though I work fulltime, I still have time for family events!
Pros
Staff, management, hours, benefits, pay, training
Cons
None so far :)
Exciting place to work
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Tybee Island, GAJanuary 3, 2017
Really enjoyed my time at Tybee Vacation Rentals. This is a fast paced professional property management company that operates with the leading edge industry technology. Would highly recommend employment with this rapidly growing company. The company is located in Tybee Island, which is a great little beach community with beautiful beaches. Convenient Southeast location near Savannah, Hilton Head, and many other great destinations.
Pros
Always exciting, fast paced, great staff
Cons
Not really a con, but you must be good at multi tasking
Divide in Management is appearant and toxic
Travel Agent (Former Employee) –  Tybee Island, GAMarch 21, 2016
The upper management decided to move all of their offices upstairs to bigger, more quite rooms with private kitchen and bathrooms while leaving the rest of the employees in over-crowded and often noisy rooms with shared bathroom and shared kitchen. Upper management is seldom there when you need them and they often ask you to text them to get approval before doing about anything. Their lack of response can lead to a loss of sale and creates tension among the co-workers. Do not work in the office for this company or expect to get talked down to, treated like a disposable person, and for your time off request to be completely ignored. If you chose to work for this company, I would recommend avoiding the office and looking to the cleaning staff to avoid some of the main problems.
Pros
free lunch on sunday for the few people working. Often just a sandwich
Cons
No breaks, Management divide and often not present, very cliquey and negative work enviornment
Fast paced, stressful environment where you are never bored!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tybee Island, GAAugust 8, 2015
Be prepared to work in an environment where leadership has minimal experience in leading and less experience in growing their team. There is a high turnover rate which is in direct correlation to these factors. You work a lot of hours during the Summer Season and your hard work is rarely appreciated. The company changes processes with no logic or reason but questions why they're not being followed.

The unprofessional behaviors at the Director level consists of constant absenteeism, tardiness, delay in the completion of projects, micromanaging, and treating employees like they are idiots.

Working for this company will result in one of those lessons in life you could've done without and a desire to run screaming out the door.
Pros
Co-workers and working at the beach
Cons
Minimal benefits, high turnover, and not investing in employees
Fun place to work
Housekeeping/ Property Manager (Former Employee) –  Tybee Island, GAJuly 20, 2015
Managed over 300 properties and business was great pretty much all the time. My staff was wonderful and hard working. The company was located on the beach so that was a great thing as well along with the rest of the TBVR crew
Pros
Co-Workers and staff
Cons
Great company to work for!
Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  Tybee Island, GaMay 28, 2015
Been with the company a few years and they are very growth oriented. They believe in investing in technology and provide educational opportunities to staff. It is a seasonal business and has grown alot over the last few years. This is the hospitality business so that can create stress, however if you are adaptable it is a very exciting business to be in. I really enjoy my coworkers and the overall team spirit throughout the company.
Pros
Fun company functions, Opportunities to learn/grow
Cons
Commute/ Traffic
micro management
Housekeeping Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tybee Island, GAMay 1, 2015
people are nice management is horrible...you'll be wanted to push people to their wits end to make one man happy. not worth the stress in amy job in that company. everyone micromanages everyone
Pros
on the beach
Cons
everything else
Productive work place, cleaned rentals behind renters
Contractor/cleaner (Current Employee) –  Tybee Island, GASeptember 10, 2014
A typical work day is arriving between 8 and 9, picking up sheets and restock,cleaning one unit at the time in a fast paced manner. My management was awesome and coworkers were great. The hardest part of the job is to get everything clean for inspection in a timely manner.The most enjoyable part of the job is the money and the people I meet and deal with.
Great place to work and love the smell of ocean air.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tybee Island, GASeptember 9, 2014
Excellent pay and great scenery but the company goes through too many managers whom they hire knowing that they have no experience in the hands on field of housekeeping.
Pros
On the beach.
Cons
Not enough hours and positions are seasonal.

Want to know more about Tybee Vacation Rentals?

Ask a question

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tybee Vacation Rentals. Our community is ready to answer.

Tybee Vacation Rentals Reviews by Location