Tyler Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Excellent large company with a small company mentality
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 14, 2018
Great company to build experience and grow professionally with. Plenty of opportunity for internal advancement. Good benefits including tuition reimbursement and reimbursing the costs of taking preparing for and taking certification exams. Very autonomous workplace culture, at least for implementation staff. The compensation is pegged to areas of the country which have a low cost of living, so if you live in an area that has a high cost of living expect to earn less than market average.
Growing dynamic company with quality products and services
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Tyler. I would return for the right position. It’s a quality organization and they care about their employees and customers. They generally try to do what’s right in all situations.
interesting assignment
Financial Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 7, 2018
This company is very structured and requires substantial overtime to achieve objectives. They strive for a work/life balance, however high performers work a significant amount of overtime.
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
Stressful
Associate Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 25, 2018
Hired for the role that I was probably not qualified for. They did not tell me that this position was more accounting based than it was SOFTWARE SUPPORT based. I don't know a thing about accounting. The little training that they did give was not useful, paired me up with a teammate who didn't care and didn't want to teach me. I quit as soon as they let me work on my own and I was out of "training" aka doing nothing for 4 months. They didn't have nearly enough people to keep the call queue going and everyone was always angry about it.
Pros
Free lunch a lot, decent pay/benefits
Cons
9 hour day/1 hour lunch (not my thing), strict hours, horrible team members, stressful
Great Place to Work
IMPLEMENTATION CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 15, 2018
Great culture and opportunities for advancement. They offer substantial training, and the ability to work with some of the best in the industry. Highly recommend!
Pros
Inexpensive lunches, fitness facilities on premise, free Starbucks coffee
Cons
Nothing worth mentioning
Good workplace with skills gap at management level
Senior Technical Writer/Information Architect (Current Employee) –  remoteMay 2, 2018
Managers seem to be inventing SDLC on their own, and have difficulty maintaining an environment that leads to good product development. The software managers don't seem to value documentation except as something to complain about.
Good Software, Good People
Senior Project Manager, Employee (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 25, 2018
Tyler controls the Public Sector software market at County and lower markets. Excellent business model but lacking startegic direction. Tremendous opportunity for low to mid-level employess, but little room for advancement at Senior/Executive management levels
Great
Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 12, 2018
This job helped me get further ahead in life an in my career. This job also help my fountain an growth. Love Tyler technologies go much for all they taught me.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Was only temporary
Excellent
Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 11, 2018
Excellent work atmosphere. Loved everything about it
The staff is really friendly and willing to help no matter how much work they are yet to complete.
Cost Management into effect
Sr. Software Engineer - Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 9, 2018
They are starting to introduce salary band which limit employees with seniority or more experience to grow. The company is reaching the benchmarks but is not re compensating the employees.
productive and fun
Software Engineer, Public Safety Development (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 5, 2018
kind of stressful but people whose life is to work can enjoy.
Great benefits, and competitive spirit
Managers are political and partial
lack of mentors
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEApril 1, 2018
Definitely a tiered organization that pays lip service to employees. Overall though, senior staff leaves impression that employees are expendable. There are opportunities at this organization if you are in with the correct crowd.
Great company!
N/A (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 27, 2018
Great company, passionate leadership. Definitely a lot of work to be done, but great people all working together for a cause that really matters. There's a lot of growth and potential that people are self-starters and strategic about how they can add value.
Pros
Great healthcare & generous PTO (15 Vacation days, 5 sick days, holidays, etc.)
Cons
There is a lot of work to be done, so you have to set boundaries for yourself to maintain your personal life priorities.
Great co-workers, slimy management
IT Analyst (Virtualized hosting environment) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 19, 2018
Have to constantly look over your shoulder at this place. You constantly feel like you're being unfairly scrutinized, and the project goals are absolutely unrealistic.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Horrible management, Horrible hours
Excellent company with fantastic people and benefits
TRADE SHOW/EVENTS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 14, 2018
I will have to fully complete this review another time, but for now I can say I love Tyler Technologies, and plan to retire there. Upper management really does take pride in trying to make employees day to day life happy, and offer a lot of perks to ensurewe are comfortable, and able to work to be productive.
Pros
subsidized $4 full lunches, excellent benefits, standing desk options, walking track, beautiful campus, great people, starbucks and soda machines
Cons
lot of work for the pay, should be more flexible to allow work from home, on occasion
Potentially Good Opportunity
Appraisal Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHFebruary 11, 2018
Went in with 11 other persons as temp to hire candidates. We were full-time 40 hours a week.

At the end of the assignment, one other person, along with myself were picked as 2 of the 12 persons offered full-time.

The problem was I would have had to relocate, but was not willing to do. Had personal obligations/ responsibilities to take care of.
Pros
Exceelent Opportunity
Cons
Relocation Issues
Innovative small software company
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Great culture. Small company but very innovative and fun place to work. I would recommend to anyone. Leading the world in the software space we are in.
Pros
Flexible, innovative, fun
Cons
Too much travel
Company is changing
Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2018
While formerly operated with a collaborative culture, moving to stove-pipe organization with significant turnover. Managers being given more decision making autonomy, with or without experience. In some cases, turnover over 50% in some business units due to lack of oversight my senior management regarding newly named supervisors.

Lack of an integrated operating plan leading to significant increase in dissatisfaction within customer base. Insignificant headcount to resolve many issues short term.
Pros
Market leader
Cons
Turnover, lack of customer satisfaction.
It was ok.
Senior Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2018
It was ok. It would have been nice to be able to work from home, like half of my team. I liked my team members and they were fun to work with. Overall, it was ok.
Love the company and co-workers, but...
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2018
I love Tyler Technologies and my co-workers.

The issue with Tyler Technologies is they are growing at such a rapid pace, we cannot hire/train people fast enough, and the product line is getting so large, it is hard to gain the knowledge needed to train clients properly. The documentation staff cannot push out new documentation fast enough, by the time documentation is released, it's already outdated.
Pros
Ability to work from home when not traveling
Cons
90% + Travel

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyler Technologies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss