Tyler Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Company
Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 9, 2019
Tyler is a great company to work for. Advancement is slow but they offer a wonderful environment and rally want you to have a work life balance. They care about employees.
Pros
Cafe, Gym
Cons
slow for promotions
Boring
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Oak Creek, WIJanuary 9, 2019
I sit and read
I've learned not much
I don't talk to management
Work place is super quite
the hardest part of this job is not doing much, and the most enjoyable is when you have something to do.
Amazing company to start a career
Product Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEJanuary 3, 2019
Software services the local gov (public) sector where things are always changing, which leads to a fun work environment. Truly is the one company that cities can run their entire city under one software vendor..

Pros:
- Flexible hours. Ability to work from home when needed.
- Good pay considering what other large companies are providing (Unum, WEX, Idexx)
- 40 hours and that's it. NEVER any forced overtime
- Great benefits including 401k, stock purchase options, always an annual bonus that amounts to an additional pay check a year
- Quarterly bonus opportunities
- Travel opportunities
- Ability to relocate and work remote from where ever in US!
- Growth opportunities around every corner
- Promote from within

Cons:

- Not the most energetic office environment.. It is software
My day
Supervisory Team Lead (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 27, 2018
As a supervisory team lead my job is ever changing and evolving. I am flexible and adapt easily to change.

Right now I am just looking for new challenges.
Great company
Software Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXDecember 9, 2018
Overall, they have a great culture and everyone is really engaged. The most enjoyable part of the job is the people I work with. It really is like a big family. Our constant changing priorities is probably the hardest part of the job.
Pros
Awesome culture, many offices to choose from, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Salary, changing priorities
Great company to work for
Client Success Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXDecember 1, 2018
Overall, this is a great company to work for; excellent benefits & time off but I am not fairly compensated for the job I do in lieu with industry standards.
Great Place To Work Overall
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 24, 2018
Great culture, fun people, but management is highly variable. Open office plan is sometimes challenging for noise reasons. Pay isn't terrible, but could be better.
Good Company
Conversion Developer (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 8, 2018
Great company to start off career, technology is a bit outdated but the company is trying to move towards the right direction.
They are somewhat supportive of education, just depends on who your manager is.
Tyler Technologies
Corporate Event Planner (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 23, 2018
Great company to work for. Competitive environment but a fun atmosphere. Marketing Executives are really great to work with.
A lot of changes in management and structure. You will work long hours, weekends and holidays when work demand is high.
Pros
Pay is competitive and bonuses are great, Fun Marketing department., Executive Management are great to work with., Company is very stable and consistently growing.
Cons
Favortism. Long work hours when work demands are high.
a great company to work
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 18, 2018
would love to work there again if any job opportunities comes up. Management is friendly , co-workers are nice and helpful. loved working with everyone there.
Pros
everything
Cons
nothing
Relaxed Place to Work
SQL Technician (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 26, 2018
The culture is very professional. The teams are broken down into different groups throughout the company. But everyone is very helpful when it comes to needing advice or support.
Pros
Advancment Opportunities
Cons
Job Stability
Meh
Consultant (Current Employee) –  TXSeptember 19, 2018
Some managers are just managers because of longevity, they have absolutely no skills that should be required to manage people. There is quite a bit of political manuevering and backstabbing and certain people are basically guaranteed a leap up the ladder because they fit the preferred demographic.
Pros
Most of the people who do the actual work are incredibly kind and hard working.
Cons
Quite a few supremely bad managers
fitness center
Sr. Technical Writer (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXAugust 22, 2018
Fitness center with a personal trainer. Cafeteria onsite with subsidized lunch. Too many families working within the company. Little to no career development training or mentorship.

Enjoyable part of the day is a fairly flexible work schedule as long as petty people don't say anything.

Hardest part of the job is not being allowed to be the expert on how to do my job. People who are not experts continue to have say on how I do my job. Constantly on the backend of decisions without having any input.
Not bad
Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 24, 2018
There are worse places to work. The hours are mostly flexible and accommodating to most usual schedules and life-styles. The benefits, I recall, were substantial.
Pros
Casual environment.
Cons
Arrogant management.
Excellent Culture
Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Golden, COJuly 23, 2018
Tyler technologies is a great company to work for because the culture and people are fantastic. There is always events and team building. My only complaint would be the pay was a little light for type of work.
Excellent large company with a small company mentality
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 14, 2018
Great company to build experience and grow professionally with. Plenty of opportunity for internal advancement. Good benefits including tuition reimbursement and reimbursing the costs of taking preparing for and taking certification exams. Very autonomous workplace culture, at least for implementation staff. The compensation is pegged to areas of the country which have a low cost of living, so if you live in an area that has a high cost of living expect to earn less than market average.
Career Orientation
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJune 28, 2018
Tyler is a good company to work for. Although a very high demanding job, Tyler seems to have your best interests in mind.

Schedules are a viable importance of this job, thus, requiring very detail oriented Project Managers both knowledgeable about the phases and work at hand.
Growing dynamic company with quality products and services
ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 13, 2018
I enjoyed working at Tyler. I would return for the right position. It’s a quality organization and they care about their employees and customers. They generally try to do what’s right in all situations.
interesting assignment
Financial Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 7, 2018
This company is very structured and requires substantial overtime to achieve objectives. They strive for a work/life balance, however high performers work a significant amount of overtime.
Pros
travel
Cons
travel
Stressful
Associate Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 25, 2018
Hired for the role that I was probably not qualified for. They did not tell me that this position was more accounting based than it was SOFTWARE SUPPORT based. I don't know a thing about accounting. The little training that they did give was not useful, paired me up with a teammate who didn't care and didn't want to teach me. I quit as soon as they let me work on my own and I was out of "training" aka doing nothing for 4 months. They didn't have nearly enough people to keep the call queue going and everyone was always angry about it.
Pros
Free lunch a lot, decent pay/benefits
Cons
9 hour day/1 hour lunch (not my thing), strict hours, horrible team members, stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyler Technologies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss