Tyler Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good workplace with skills gap at management level
Senior Technical Writer/Information Architect (Current Employee) –  remoteMay 2, 2018
Managers seem to be inventing SDLC on their own, and have difficulty maintaining an environment that leads to good product development. The software managers don't seem to value documentation except as something to complain about.
Good Software, Good People
Senior Project Manager, Employee (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 25, 2018
Tyler controls the Public Sector software market at County and lower markets. Excellent business model but lacking startegic direction. Tremendous opportunity for low to mid-level employess, but little room for advancement at Senior/Executive management levels
Great
Imagery Analyst (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 12, 2018
This job helped me get further ahead in life an in my career. This job also help my fountain an growth. Love Tyler technologies go much for all they taught me.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Was only temporary
Excellent
Software Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARApril 11, 2018
Excellent work atmosphere. Loved everything about it
The staff is really friendly and willing to help no matter how much work they are yet to complete.
Cost Management into effect
Sr. Software Engineer - Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 9, 2018
They are starting to introduce salary band which limit employees with seniority or more experience to grow. The company is reaching the benchmarks but is not re compensating the employees.
productive and fun
Software Engineer, Public Safety Development (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIApril 5, 2018
kind of stressful but people whose life is to work can enjoy.
Great benefits, and competitive spirit
Managers are political and partial
lack of mentors
Lead Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEApril 1, 2018
Definitely a tiered organization that pays lip service to employees. Overall though, senior staff leaves impression that employees are expendable. There are opportunities at this organization if you are in with the correct crowd.
Great company!
N/A (Current Employee) –  RemoteMarch 27, 2018
Great company, passionate leadership. Definitely a lot of work to be done, but great people all working together for a cause that really matters. There's a lot of growth and potential that people are self-starters and strategic about how they can add value.
Pros
Great healthcare & generous PTO (15 Vacation days, 5 sick days, holidays, etc.)
Cons
There is a lot of work to be done, so you have to set boundaries for yourself to maintain your personal life priorities.
Great co-workers, slimy management
IT Analyst (Virtualized hosting environment) (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 19, 2018
Have to constantly look over your shoulder at this place. You constantly feel like you're being unfairly scrutinized, and the project goals are absolutely unrealistic.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Horrible management, Horrible hours
Excellent company with fantastic people and benefits
TRADE SHOW/EVENTS COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  TexasMarch 14, 2018
I will have to fully complete this review another time, but for now I can say I love Tyler Technologies, and plan to retire there. Upper management really does take pride in trying to make employees day to day life happy, and offer a lot of perks to ensurewe are comfortable, and able to work to be productive.
Pros
subsidized $4 full lunches, excellent benefits, standing desk options, walking track, beautiful campus, great people, starbucks and soda machines
Cons
lot of work for the pay, should be more flexible to allow work from home, on occasion
Potentially Good Opportunity
Appraisal Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Painesville, OHFebruary 11, 2018
Went in with 11 other persons as temp to hire candidates. We were full-time 40 hours a week.

At the end of the assignment, one other person, along with myself were picked as 2 of the 12 persons offered full-time.

The problem was I would have had to relocate, but was not willing to do. Had personal obligations/ responsibilities to take care of.
Pros
Exceelent Opportunity
Cons
Relocation Issues
Innovative small software company
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 9, 2018
Great culture. Small company but very innovative and fun place to work. I would recommend to anyone. Leading the world in the software space we are in.
Pros
Flexible, innovative, fun
Cons
Too much travel
Company is changing
Sales Operations (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 29, 2018
While formerly operated with a collaborative culture, moving to stove-pipe organization with significant turnover. Managers being given more decision making autonomy, with or without experience. In some cases, turnover over 50% in some business units due to lack of oversight my senior management regarding newly named supervisors.

Lack of an integrated operating plan leading to significant increase in dissatisfaction within customer base. Insignificant headcount to resolve many issues short term.
Pros
Market leader
Cons
Turnover, lack of customer satisfaction.
It was ok.
Senior Product Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 29, 2018
It was ok. It would have been nice to be able to work from home, like half of my team. I liked my team members and they were fun to work with. Overall, it was ok.
Love the company and co-workers, but...
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 22, 2018
I love Tyler Technologies and my co-workers.

The issue with Tyler Technologies is they are growing at such a rapid pace, we cannot hire/train people fast enough, and the product line is getting so large, it is hard to gain the knowledge needed to train clients properly. The documentation staff cannot push out new documentation fast enough, by the time documentation is released, it's already outdated.
Pros
Ability to work from home when not traveling
Cons
90% + Travel
Its Very Good place to work
Sr. Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJanuary 21, 2018
I really enjoyed while working here.
I learned something about project and its very interesting.
Management is very helpful.
Working as a team is more enjoyable part in this company.
Pros
Team is very helpful
Cons
Na
Great work life balance. Low pay.
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 17, 2018
Tyler is a great place to work if you're willing to trade market rate pay for a reduced workload. That's great for people who just want to coast but if you want to move up and earn what you should then it's not for you.

They are trying to move forward with modern technologies but no one really knows how to do that. It's not a culture of quality.

Salaries for software engineers in Lubbock are at least 25k under the market rate. I'm not sure a lot of their teams would be profitable if they were paying the market rate.

If you're an intern or straight out of college don't stay more than 2 years. The pay gap is too large. The pay is so low I'm not sure why any quality candidate would even consider working at Tyler.
Pros
Easy job. Everyone is nice. Relaxed schedule.
Cons
Legacy tech everywhere. Expertise is lacking. Low pay.
Not a user-focused software development environment
UX Designer/UX Architect (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 10, 2018
If you are looking for a company that focuses on User Experience, you might want to keep on looking elsewhere. I've never experienced a company where the work environment was so hostile to creating an excellent user experience.

The benefits are great.

This company's division is a development-driven culture and openly opposed at times to spending time or resources on improving user experience.
Pros
Good beneifts
Cons
Hostile to UX
Great culture, great benefits, terrible pay.
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJanuary 10, 2018
My direct manager is/was superb, the culture and environment is wonderful as are the benefits. The pay is mediocre and frankly insulting for most positions. They do not even attempt to compete with the national averages and try to leverage that they are headquartered or operate out of low cost of living areas to compensate for this. If you support the work they do and can deal with the non-competitive pay Tyler is a phenomenal company to get in with.
Under management lacks skills to improve teams
Deployment Engineer (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TX 79414January 9, 2018
Under management lacks skills to improve teams. Lacks skills to communicate expectations. Not looking at the whole picture of of the team and criticized where expectations were met or exceeded.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyler Technologies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

78out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tyler Technologies, Inc..