Tyler Technologies, Inc.

Tyler Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

United States190 reviews
Fun company
They have welcoming happy hours for new employees and great overall workplace culture. I enjoy working with the employee there. They really try to help each other.
Best place I’ve ever worked for
I absolutely love working at Tyler. I’ve never had a manager like the one I currently have. All of our managers are amazing people who care about us and make us feel valued and respected. Also, the healthcare benefits are the best I’ve ever had.
Not recommended
Pay is below average. Work environment is less than ideal. Lack of diversity. Certain benefits, like working remotely, are only allowed for a select few.
Pros
They have fun events, average benefits
Cons
Pay is below average, work load is too much, nepotism
Sucks
Training is not scored evenly across the board- People do presentations and do not complete the steps, say umm, and get lost in their presentations and are given different scores than others.
Pros
Great Benefits package
Cons
no work life balance
Productive and inclusive
By far, the best decision I've ever made (employment) for me and my family. From training to a streamlined education about the company, what they do and step by step on how they do it, it's hands down the best place to pitch your tent for the long haul.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Fun environment but pay was light by comparison
Excellent company and environment but pay was not as high as it could have been. The team and leadership were very understanding of all stakeholders.
Same thing, every day
As a conversion engineer, you are repetitively doing the same from project to project. It's not bad work, but little exposure to new technologies. Promotions are slow, and because of the backlog, there is little opportunity to move to other positions.
Fun Relaxed Culture
Tyler Technologies provides a fun and relaxed culture that ensures a hard-working environment. The team dynamic is supportive and cohesive. Management is superlative and easy to communicate with.
It was really great most of the time
I was usually very happy with the work I was doing. Sadly, management transition placed with with a prickly individual who was impossible to satisfy. It was a sad development.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Management transition
Worst Job Ever
I came from a background in LE, but with an IT degree as well. I was to support cities w/ software to be used by 1st responders I was beyond excited to help my brethren in another capacity after retirement. In reality, it’s a lot of data entry and then memorizing speeches that you give traveling far from home. Long hours when you travel, which is often, and nearly zero support. Terrible management, and stiffed on pay. If I could give a zero star rating, I would. Run away from this place.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Tyler Technologies, Inc.?
Never a dull moment
This company is always moving forward and developing new software which means you are constantly learning. You would not be bored. This can be both a positive and a negative.
Work Life Balance Struggle
Tyler has its perks when it comes to the benefits programs they have a great and robust programs some salary rates are good in comparative the market rates but not outside of new England generally. When it comes to employee work life balance it can be hit or miss. The work can be very demanding depending upon the department your in. For example support is overwhelmed with calls and not enough staff to keep up yet management doesn't not allow addition to headcount, and employees get burnt out and move to different positions, they are also paid generally poorly compared to most departments. Implementation has no work life balance your on the road 5-7 weeks at a time only returning home on weekends and the demands from the company and clients are crazy high. People get burnt out quickly most don't last past the 2 year mark if they make it through training which is pass or fail. People have also complained about it feeling like an old boys clubs in certain departments. Overall Tyler does well in some areas but lacks major in other areas.
In Transtion
Surprising lack of focus and dedication to work product for such a large company with deep ties to the public safety sector. Needs serious improvement in implementations.
Tyler was an excellent overall company to work for
I enjoyed everything I learned at Tyler. They had an excellent work environment and culture. I loved being able to help my clients every day. We were always very busy and I learned something new everyday.
Overall a great company to work for!
Great company to work for! The staff and resources are superb. The only issue is the number of hours/clients at a time - work/life balance is the only issue.
Pros
Remote
Cons
Great environment but lower pay
I absolutely loved working here. Management was extremely approachable, the site that I worked at was fairly casual when it came to dress. They were all on board with family being first and having work life balance. They made it a priority to give opportunities to grow career and personal skills. The only issue was that the pay was significantly lower than I believe I was worth. I feel that if I went back to the company at any point though, they would pay me more.
Good Company, Salary lower than expected, decent balance.
They are serious about work-life balance. I found they really want you to work over two years at a position, before considering you for advancement. Work from home policy depends on the manager. Medical benefits have high deductable, Dental below average. Other Benefits were good.
Productive, hard working teams with many opportunities for social events outside of work
Great place to work. Very accommodating to personal challenges. Fantastic opportunities for training and career growth. Many opportunities for social events inside and outside work.
Caring employees
Enjoyed working for this company; great team work and management
The work culture was customer focused. I enjoyed training customers on our software whether onsite or via online.
Engaged and proactive technology company with significant growth plans
A progressive and growing company with a number of current opportunities. Several work-from-home roles are offered. Work assignments will stretch you and create situations that call for cooperation with teammates.
Pros
Challenging role opportunties, solid corporate growth plans
Cons
Not many
County Assesment
We assessed county properties for tax purposes. This was a temporary assignment that I had to leave due to travel and low pay. The job ended in 2017 i believe i left in 2015.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyler Technologies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP30%
In the Top 30% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Tyler Technologies, Inc..