Tyonek Native Corporation Employee Reviews

Electrical Assembler III (Current Employee) –  Madison, ALNovember 9, 2018
Four ten hour days, off on Friday unless overtime is required. Pay is time and a half for overtime. Usually only work eight hours on Friday. They don't require me to work on Sabbath.
Pros
2 Paid breaks @ 15 minutes
Cons
Work OT to get everything done and then there is nothing to do
Good company
Aircraft Worker (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAOctober 19, 2018
Pros and cons depend on the personal needs. This company takes care of their workers and it is a healthy work environment. Job security is up in the air with every contract.
its a contract
Quality assurance representative (Former Employee) –  Yuma, AZOctober 5, 2018
since its a contract its only temporary as long as the Marine Corps deems it necessary to have them around. also since work is also along side Marines you must deal with their officers who have no idea what you are doing
Great Company
Director of Flight operations and Chief test Pilot (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALAugust 21, 2018
Benefits with working for Tyonek was good, Their hunting lodge in Alaska was amazing to use and is a perk for being an employee. The company is totally mission driven
Great company!!!
Electrical Cable Manufacturer (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 25, 2018
As a contracting compan one of the best to work for. They give health and welfare that alot of companies don't. The communication was very good at Tyonek.
Flexible work environment
Professional Technical Cyber Instructor/Developer (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLJune 12, 2018
Great team environment, with excellent leadership. Very people oriented. Many learning and professional growth opportunities for building skillsets.
Not organized
Electrical Assembler II (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALMay 29, 2018
Co-workers had a lot of drama going on around you at all times. Not organized on what to do next. The flow of availability of tools being used left a lot to be desired.
Good working environment
Configuration Manager (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAMay 4, 2018
Good people to work with. Approachable and willing to assist new employees to learn their way of doing business. Flexible schedules and management work with you to solve any inconveniences.
AWESOME company
Aircraft Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  FRCSW San DiegoApril 26, 2018
Since day one, I have enjoyed my time with TYONEK and continue to enjoy! I am seeking self improvement with constant career development. The management here really cares for their people and display it too.
Nice Co-workers
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 5, 2018
Not a bad place to work.
Nice coworkers
managers are helpful
has food on first floor
has parking for staff
has good view
decent hours of operation
elevators function
Pros
helpful manager
Cons
not clear on communications

Want to know more about Tyonek Native Corporation?

Ask a question
Not enough understanding.
Aviation Quality Assurance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Patuxent River Naval Air Station, MDMarch 13, 2018
I worked in quality assurance conducting audits and reviewing publication as well and rewriting job descriptions. Worked with the ALSS division to ensure they followed the maintenance instructions.
Pros
Insteresting work
Cons
Some co-workers
Excellent pay, no advancement.
Aircraft Sheet Metal Mechanic/Machinist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLFebruary 28, 2018
The very nature of a contractor at a government facility limits an employee's ability to progress and do more interesting work. There is the option of switching over to direct civil service but the pay cut would be too dramatic. No knock on the company. It is just the nature of contracting. I have a multitude of skills that go unused. I do enjoy the fact that I help repair the Navy's premier fighter jets but it does get frustrating at times. I have learned a lot about how aircraft structures and mechanical systems work. I do like the guys I work with both on the contractor side and the civil service side. We all work as a team to get the job done but as I said before the work itself does not begin to tap my skill base.
Pros
Great pay, fixing jets
Cons
No advancement, no ability to move around to different areas.
Good company
Aircraft Painter (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 27, 2018
The company is great, hopefully you are lucky enough to work with a good crew. It really just depends on where you are located I suppose. They have great benefits though.
Good working atmosphere
Aircraft Mechanic II (Current Employee) –  Frankfort, KYFebruary 4, 2018
Relaxed work atmosphere, everyone gets along really well. Management takes employees' needs seriously. Climate controlled hangar, all tools needed are supplied.
Stay away. Just find something different.
Aircraft Worker (Former Employee) –  Kiln, MSJanuary 29, 2018
Really bad management exists here. The people are pretty friendly but I don't think site management cares that much for people. They just push us to get projects done early so they can pass on profits to site management. There is very little chance you will find yourself in a spot to have a fulfilling career. It's a dead end workplace. There are much better better places to work.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Very little advancement, lack of privacy, low pay to give site management massive bonuses.
great company
Dispatcher II/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Redstone Arsenal, ALJanuary 10, 2018
great company.. redstone arsenal had to work out a few kinks. the company did not stand by the employee nor try to help with employment after restructuring
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
great place
Pricing Analyst III (Former Employee) –  Madison, ALJanuary 7, 2018
great place to work. hated to leave but moved different part of the state. People were awesome to work with. great working conditions with great benefits.
Employee Relations
Cyber Warfare Instructor (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLNovember 10, 2017
Poor management. Actually, I can't blame management. It was the work environment; specifically, co-workers and the client. The was an appearance of favoritism.
easy work
Aircraft Sheetmetal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville N A S, FLAugust 14, 2017
slower paced work place good people working alongside government employees has cafeteria on site overall good place to work. plenty of overtime I would go back
Very good
Sheet Metal Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJune 14, 2017
Tyonek Native Corp (Now M2 Services) was a really good job to work for. The only thing was, some of the supervisors like to micromanage unnecessarily but other than that everything else was great.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyonek Native Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.