Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews for Truck Driver

Found 36 reviews matching the search See all 5,673 reviews
Good place to work with great benefits.
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Seguin, TXMay 3, 2019
Good place to work with great benefits. Days can be long, but that is with any truck driving job. The other employees that you work with in livehaul make the job fun.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
Days can be long
Not a great place to work
Truck Driver (OTR) (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARFebruary 11, 2019
Job was long and gruesome hours. promised to get you home when it was time, but would reroute you some place else, instead on sending a load that would allow you to get home to family.
Cons
Just moving on no hard feelings
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  New Holland, PADecember 16, 2018
If you enjoy being out all night straight shotting 650 mile loads for wee morning delivery sitting in docks 6 plus hours getting an argument when you ask for home time purposely dehydrating yourself so you won’t have to stop to go and be late and if you never like to sleep then this is the job for you!! It’s just not my cup of tea! Not so good equipment that shakes jerks lurches and they get mad when you tell them you need it fixed....dispatcher is kind of hateful ...dispatch rarely answers the dang phones!
Pros
Trucks are issued so it’s like free place to live
New managment is horrible
Truck Driver Class A CDL (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 13, 2018
Poor work morale... Inept exicution by transportation management.... Unless you live in Arkansas you are desciminated on available loads... Only good thing is their benefits package... Have worked for them going on 14yrs and per my personal experiences the longer your employed as a driver the worse you are treated... I have watched as their senior drivers are leaving the company due to the horrible load planners and dispatch of loads.
Pros
Good insurance
Cons
Horrrible load dispatching... To much time sitting
productive and fun
OTR Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AR 72114December 11, 2018
this was a good place to work great driving partner good hours and pay customers was friendly and always good to talk to will unloading the hardest part of the job was waiting
benefits
Ok
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 22, 2018
I had an accident in my car and couldnt return to work for 10 days and i provided tyson all the papers possible but they said i didnt get it in in a Timely fashion i guess so then they came back with i was let go bc of probationary period
Overall
Truck Driver Class A (Current Employee) –  New Holland, PAOctober 18, 2018
I drive for Tyson and have found that I am treated very well here and spoken to very respectfully. I’m out of work hurt now but when I go back I don’t intend to leave here. They have nice trucks with extras and are well maintained and I feel they have taken good care of me as a driver. I have excellent home time and pay.
Pros
Great miles great truck great treatment
down time
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJune 12, 2018
Trying to get down time to take care of personal business and go to family obligations , missed a lot of things. I had to have a family member take care of things for me
Pros
safety and maintenance
Cons
down time lack of
Very good company
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARMarch 14, 2018
Best place for a beginner driver. Benefits are unmatched. Very good at getting you home. Get 3000+ miles every week. Safety bonus every quarter. Company store is awesome.
Do not work here!!!!
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARFebruary 21, 2018
Trust me do not work here. They do not pay good money at all. It's always less than 700 a week. You never get home whenever you need to. The fleet managers lack communication. No one picks up the phone when you need them the most.
Started out a good place to work.
Truck Wash (Former Employee) –  Independence, IowaFebruary 12, 2018
When I began my employment here it was a good place and I liked it very much. The supervisor was good and the coworkers were great. After my first year there it all went downhill. The leads and superiors turned there heads and concerns for proper procedure and only worked to get numbers. The facility was breaking down around them and rather than make proper repairs they chose to ignore the problems, and there were many of them.
Pros
Can
unfair labor practice. they work one person to death, while others sit on their butts doing nothing.
Shipping Manifestor & Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARJanuary 8, 2018
tyson is not a very good place to work. they dont care how a job gets done or who does it, as long as it gets done. they dont care if you use unsafe practices to do the job, as long as you dont get caught.
benefits
Cons
dont care about employees
travel
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 24, 2017
I would start my day with a pot of coffee and hit the road running and taking in the scenery, while make sure some idiot did not cut me off or texting while driving.
Pros
travel
Cons
health
Great Place
CDL Class A Driver (Former Employee) –  Springdale, AROctober 11, 2017
Management is a little derpy but it truly a great place. Can't team its too hard to sleep, orientation takes a lot of unnecessary time. workplace is very friendly.
Pros
Awesome benefits
Cons
Weekend Dispatchers
great place to work
OTR Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARSeptember 12, 2017
Great place to retire and work. I had a wonderful experience at Tyson. I would recommend any driver to apply with this company.
Great pay and benefits.
Pros
hometime
Cons
dont always go where you want
Chicken Manure and Grain in your hair daily
Class A CDL Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Sedalia, MO 65301May 29, 2017
I liked the face pace at times, other times it could be overly stressful. I didn't like the chicken manure in my hair. Got an intestinal bacterial infection the first week I worked there and ended up in the emergency room. Wished the management had told me to be more careful while working.

Loved the comradery and the way the other drivers would help during the loading process. It was definitely a man's world in this industry. Some men did not like a woman on the job and made it known.

All in all it is a good company, with good benefits, and nice management.
Pros
Free Tickets to State Fair, Chicken at a discount price, Company picnic
Cons
Long hours, manure in the hair/eyes/mouth, grain in the hair/eyes/mouth, Narrow country roads
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARMarch 24, 2017
My experience with Tyson was ok. They always made shure there workers was safe and they always got me home on time. Just wanted to get off the road and drive local or box trucks.
Pros
Equipment
Cons
Being away from home for weeks
Good energy
Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARFebruary 27, 2017
willing to help others defensive driving courses, good training program. fatigue was the worst part of the job. you kinda were your own boss
It's a big company with a lot of employees world wide. Sometimes you feel like you get lost in the rush.
Manager truck shop (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXDecember 22, 2016
When you start the day you always feel like your playing catch you. You get no guidance from upper management on the local level. Local management was a click and looked down on lower level employees.
Pros
Pay was good for the local area. Benefits are good.
Cons
Constant pressure from upper management.
great place to work
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARJune 7, 2016
one of the best companies being out on the road ive worked for they were pretty straight forward what was told to me about the job before I hired on was everything I got or was offered after I was hired
Pros
great benefits
Cons
sitting at some of there plants was not the best

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyson Foods Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
41.7K
31.3K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

22%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss