U-Haul Employee Reviews

competitive energetic company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Passaic, NJOctober 18, 2018
working for uhaul teaches you many skils that you will carry on throughout your life. you learn sales techniques, customer service skills and organizational skills that will help you advance and further in your career.
Stressful, Underpaid, Poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZOctober 18, 2018
Working at U-Haul was Stressful for a number of reasons. The training they provide is poor and considering the amount of work that is required the compensation is far from fair. The management is rude and unhelpful especially higher up the corporate ladder. U-haul believes it's managers should sit in their office twiddling their thumbs and micromanaging while the underpaid and overworked grunts struggle to keep up with the overwhelming workload. I would not recommend U-haul as a place of employment for even the most desperate job seeker.
Cons
underpaid, overworked, awful management
Slow-paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, IL 60453October 16, 2018
A typical workday at uhaul was just a typical day..I learned that management was not for his employees it was more about him..The hardest part was having to be there.
Fun
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIOctober 16, 2018
Everyday was a day to advance your knowledge and put yourself out there to be promoted in some way. The environment itself was beautiful and the staff and management was always there to help you.
Okay
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Van Nuys, CAOctober 16, 2018
Working here was okay working environment would get comprimed by personal issues. Other than that it’s good for an employee to grow with in the case company
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Doesn’t rotate employees schedules much
A trap
Transporter/Driver (Former Employee) –  Metairie, LAOctober 12, 2018
You start work and your fine for the first week afterwards they go out and if the trucks are a cm out of place they flip, if you stray one word from their script while on the phone you get wrote up, and if you don't refuse atleast one customer a dat your wrote up
Patience is KEY
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Rockville, MDOctober 11, 2018
Weekend are busy and stressful if you let the customers get to your head while being impatient. Weekdays are balanced. Work environment is very acceptable.
Cons
Hard to take a break with high pace tempo around the clock
Horrible
home customer service agent (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeOctober 11, 2018
This is the worst work from home job I have ever had. Its too busy and my manager was not organized. I would never recommend this job to anyone. It was too much dealing with this company.
Pros
Part time
Cons
pay, busy, weekends, management
Benefits Great
Storage Clerk (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILOctober 10, 2018
Benefits are great, you get benefits even if you work part time also. You get the option in dental, vision, and health. It takes a minimum of 90 days to opt in for benefits.
productive workplace
CASHIER SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  dallas texasOctober 10, 2018
great place to work customer service skills is a must. data entry and custmer service skills is key to advance. The customers are the most enjoyable part of this job, great place to work.
Ever learning
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Wyoming, MIOctober 9, 2018
I always learn something new here; literally every single day- it makes it fun and worth it. The managers are helpful and the co-workers help if a manager is not readily available. Its like a small family here.
Pros
night hours (working from home)
Cons
short breaks, regular pay for working on Holidays
Family Oriented
CSR (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAOctober 9, 2018
Great Experience the 5 years of my employment. I transitioned from the Atlanta area. The management team is Augusta Ga welcomed me with an open mind and open arms.
Satisfactory
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAOctober 9, 2018
In my opinion working at uhaul is satisfactory. The management is qualified, the e workers at ok and the work is a learning experience. the edo pay bi weekly
Pros
learning oppurtunities
Cons
paid bi weekly
uhual as a workplace
moonlighter (Former Employee) –  Walpole, MAOctober 9, 2018
i worked for boston trailer co in walpole and i got to say what a great place to work between multiple jobs you can do at the facility and workplace ethic it was an amazing job to have and if i could go back i would
Pros
great workplace enviorment
Cons
nothing big
Not a job I'd want to stay at forever.
Computer Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 8, 2018
Constant promises that are not fulfilled that negatively impact the training of new hires.

Not like other call center jobs where they want you to focus on one person at a time they want quantity over quality of work.
Work from home
RICHELLE MANQUERO - MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 8, 2018
This was a good position for individuals needing to work from home and/or wanting to add some additional income. The company has various shifts available for you to choose from.
Never the same day twice
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCOctober 8, 2018
This was a very fast paced job. From attaching and detaching trailers, to installing trailer hitches, to filling propane tanks, or arranging trucks in the parking lot. This was overall a pretty fun job.
Pros
fast paced, made the day fly by
Cons
being so fast paced, sometimes missed lunch.
nice place to work, often had cook-outs for the employees.
Mechanic & repair trailers (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 5, 2018
When I first started, I was in the repair shop. The last 2 yrs I delivered trucks to different locations,at U-Haul. Places like Georgia, North Carolina,an of course South Carolina.The trucks we picked up need work done on them, oil change, routine maintenance, etc and.some needed work done to body, engine, van box, I have done it all.
Pros
met nice people
Cons
traffic
The hours suck but the pay is good
Storage custodian (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 4, 2018
I like it i just dont like that i get very little hours. They are good with raising your compensation depending on how you work . Its pressure free place to work it really all depends on yourself.
Competitive work place fun very busy In summer time
Repair Dispatch Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 4, 2018
Love working here I’ve worked in two jobs in the past 5 years that I’ve been here. LOVE everyone I work with. Also every interesting learning about the moving world!
Pros
Paid two week vacation for full time
Cons
Doesn’t pay to make enough to live in Denver

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

61out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U-Haul.