U-Haul Employee Reviews

Found 3,252 reviews matching the search See all 3,437 reviews
Good ever all
Storage Manager/ Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, CODecember 10, 2018
This company offers opportunity for advancement with in the company. They offer paid time off and the time off paid increases in the amount of time you are at the company. They offer paid sick time. They offer schooling and also depending on the schooling you can get paid for the schooling. They offer 401K opportunity for stocks. This company is a very good company to work for.
Pros
Pays well, avancemant with in and many more
Cons
Cut throat
Customer Service and consistent multi-tasking
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 10, 2018
- A typical work day is of continued focus on customer service while consistently multitasking in all ares of operations daily.
- Having to understand that every customers transaction is different and has individualized service needs.
- Lacks positive feedback and or motivational directional guidance
- Team balancing fast paste multitasking while completing all tasks
- Every day is customer driven while work is diverse operationally
Pros
Each day can be different
Cons
Management lacks positive drive
Opportunity for extra hours
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  TexasDecember 10, 2018
Uhaul is an OK company but they are customer oriented so the worker often has to take calls from irrational people and it can be difficult, especially when people are cursing you out. They do not have compassion for health crisis and their fmla only apparently applies to some and not others.
Pros
Work from home available
Cons
Not supportive of workers
Terrible general management and higher up
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Coram, NYDecember 10, 2018
First started working trained myself because salary gm management never showed up.learned from an employee who did everything wrong when she did come to work to tell em everything was done wrong..became asm within 6 months till audit came she decided to come to work..while my shift is over she was behind in her work and wanted to me come in and finish her side of the job ..I worked entirely by myself almost everyday her boss president I believe refuse to check cameras or help for that matter and got rid of me...also lied to unemployment about my firing have a phone conversation to prove it
Pros
Pay was alright
Cons
Work by yourself everything was sloppy on gm part
Bad management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 9, 2018
Not a good place to work for. This place will stress you so bad. Hard work is Un noticed. Overworked underpayed. No job security. No room for advancement. They don't match 401k if just like you have a saving account saving your own money. Management stuck. They all work together to not get anything done.
Pros
Cons
Stressful due to gm
Don’t work for this company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CADecember 8, 2018
Management is a joke if you report anything negative about them they do what ever they can to fire you. Over worked underpaid sexist company. Only care about upper management.
Pros
Cons
No brakes, over worked, under paid. Treated like scum
great place
Ubox container driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 8, 2018
good pay, weekends off, chill place too work. They treat you fair have job parties a lot. The holidays are the best you receive give cards, presents, etc
Okay place
E-Sales agent (Former Employee) –  homeDecember 7, 2018
If you like the vibe of a call center and enjoy getting yelled at this is the place for you. You get constant calls which are either someone coming to complain or the very rare sales call which you need to in order to meet your quota to get a reservation locked down. It was a great job if i didn't need to meet a quota that seems impossible. I felt terribly trained and just thrown in. The calls were mainly customer service calls and i was a sales agent and new so i don't even know how to help these people.
Pros
At home
Cons
Short breaks, terrible training
Typical days work. Nothing too demanding. Everything was simple.
Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami FloridaDecember 6, 2018
I come in clean up the lot. Inspect the trucks assist any customers who need help. I'd check in and charge customers for any returning trucks. The hardest thing about the job was working quickly to organize the lot and check in customers. The easiest thing to do was to wash and clean the trucks.
Pros
Easy work every thing was simple.
Cons
Limited personell, limited hours.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 6, 2018
I'd love to try n work with them a gain it was an opportunity that made a difference in my life and my children's lives so that we could live comfortable n safe
Pros
Cons
Weather
Working at U-Haul in customer service
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 4, 2018
Working at U-Haul can be challenging just like every other job should be. With the right training which they provide to you, allows you to perform the CSR position. The customer service and training course on U-Haul's Web site is a good learning tool also.
fast paced and stressfull at times.
hitch pro/CSR (Current Employee) –  Joplin, MODecember 4, 2018
i would recommend this job for anybody in a pinch, but as far as job advancement it will take some time. no benifits and low pay at the start. just prepare for trial by fire.
Pros
can be relaxed at times.
Cons
no benifits, low pay
Relaxed and easy to work at.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Current Employee) –  Kent, OHDecember 4, 2018
My time working at U-Haul has been enjoyable for me given that I easily made friends with most of the other employees and was able to easily learn the functions of the job.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Not enough employees
work around schedule
Reservation M (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXDecember 3, 2018
Taking inbound calls, assisting customers with their moving needs, resolving issues. Working mid-shift during the weekdays made it possible to go to doctors appointments and have available time for school.
Pros
easy training
Cons
no weekends off
Team oriented work environment with advancement opportunities.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 3, 2018
A typical Uhaul work day is fast paced and team collaboration at its best. Great customer service skills and positive attitude are a must and being quick on your toes provides for a more cohesive day of operations.
Wfh
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Work at HomeDecember 3, 2018
very fast paste talking with people from all over the US and Canada learning the different items stores had for sale. there was always someone there to help you
Set up for failure
Roadside Assistance Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2018
I was hired at Uhaul and entered in to a training course . And weak to for trainees 2 each trainer , all 4 trainees in my group requested a new trainer due to the fact that it was training through web-based meeting and he didn't know what he was training us on. Once we were done with training and put onto the floor to take phone calls we were told to go to an instant message app for assistance and sometimes it would be 45 minutes before your question was answered and you're on the phone with the customer who are now getting frustrated because they're stuck and you don't know how to do your job and you can't get assistance from anybody in a timely manner. Even when I asked my manager how to navigate the system to handle these phone calls myself I was told no to hand them off to escalations who didn't want to take the phone call. so I felt I was set up for failure and it was two weeks before they realized I was no longer there and hadn't come to work two weeks!!
Would Never Go Back
Transportation (Former Employee) –  Nation-WideDecember 2, 2018
I'm Not sure how I lasted five years...
No Pay Raise for three years in a row.
No/Poor guidance from Hands-Off Supervisor who didn't support his people.
Company Failed to embrace industry standard Safety concepts and protocols.
Position misrepresented in Job Ads.
Hired unqualified individual due to who he knew at the Company.
Couldn't take vacation when I wanted to.
Pros
It was a job were I found my own warm fuzzy from doing it well, and being appreciated by those I was in direct contact with.
Cons
Nearly Everything.
Avoid this company
Detail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXDecember 1, 2018
Worked with a lot of guys who were once management but got demoted. They take their grudges against the company out on newer workers and create a hostile environment. They arent happy so they make sure you aren't happy. Management is friends with them so he doesn't even care when you let him know about it. Basic safety gear is hard to get and the pay is not worth it. Not a good work environment at all. My experience showed me that Uhaul cares about their money not their employees.
Pros
Steady work.
Cons
Everything else.
Not recommended
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 29, 2018
The Florida branch in particular is terrible to work for. I've heard it's a better run company outside of there. You're worked to the bone for barely anything and it's what's expected of employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.

51K

Ratings from women

2.8InHerSight Score

2.7Personal Development

3.1Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight