U-Haul Employee Reviews

Found 2,604 reviews matching the search See all 2,751 reviews
Great
Uhaul (Current Employee) –  4128 Bardstown roadAugust 12, 2018
Good Place To Work Must Have patience Though When It Come To Customers. It’s Fairly Easy Everything Is Easy ago Learn how To Do you’re basically just driver trucks & helping customers all day
Good leaders
Center Sales Agent / Trainer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 12, 2018
Worked from home but really enjoyed my time in the office as well. It was a little inconsistent because the slow season but otherwise it was an good job overall.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKAugust 10, 2018
Fantastic company, run by local market presidents that can be a bit overbearing at times. If you can toe the line advancement opportunities present themselves. Good company overall. Would consider going back.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Political
Fun workplace
Storage manager (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas NvAugust 10, 2018
Great place to work very friendly staff good place to move around threw the company. Great atmosphere. Employee benefits are good. Fun and relaxed place to work
Its a very high volume move company. You have to have a lot of patience with people.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TXAugust 10, 2018
It’s a very good job. Love the head people including the president. Nobody makes you feel out of place. It’s a very fast pace place. U will love it just not enough hours.
Worked from home, beneficial to my needs initially.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 9, 2018
I encountered alot of unhappy customers with Uhaul and slot of it could have been prevented if Uhaul would make policy and company changes. Also they are not very helpful if you have family issues.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Low pay and dealing with extremely dissatisfied customers.
Don't get comfortable.....
Call Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 9, 2018
The culture in-house was horrible. Miscommunication was the norm. Very disappointed how my time went. U-Haul is a billion dollar company however they pay all their department managers well below the industry standard. Roadside Assistance Manager's are paid 15,000 less a year than their Manager counterparts working AAA Roadside Assistance.
Cons
Made Salaried managers work a 6th day, once a month.
very fun job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 9, 2018
i loved this job because i got to meet new people and deal with great customers. some times i could make a customers day better than it started and that always gave me pleasure. everyone got along with one another and was very helpful when needed. pay was ok but not enough for my living situation or would have been happy to stay. management was great as well.
It was a great job
U-haul (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 9, 2018
It was a great job everything I was looking for in a job. Really couldn’t have asked for anything better i was treated and paid fairly. Whenever I needed help it was also granted would go back and work there anytime loved the company as a whole!
Pros
Pretty much everything about it loved the job
Cons
Wasn’t any loved the job
Productive and physically rewarding.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Fontana, CAAugust 9, 2018
I enjoy the atmosphere and my coworkers. Plus, I have the best boss. The workplace is clean and the number one aim is safety first. People really help each other.
Pros
Works around school hours.
Cons
It is super hot in the Summer.
Productive and fun work place
Sales Associate/Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 9, 2018
I love this job and the people I work with. This company is set up in a nice and fashioned order. I would recommend this job to anyone who wants to get themselves in a great working environment.
Worst experience
Service (Former Employee) –  FloridaAugust 7, 2018
Really stressing the entire time for what they pay. Also manager won’t worry about your concerns and will have you work in a Hostile environment and event manager will talk not very nice and will not make you feel welcome or appreciated
Wonderful training and workplace
Customer Service Representative- Part-time (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 7, 2018
Although it can be hot outside, U Haul was fun to work for because of the work place culture of this store's location. Be ready to lift some heavy weight, moving some trailers by hand.
Pros
short shifts
Cons
part time positions only
Constantly Driven
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAAugust 7, 2018
I don't believe in driving people to work after task are complete. I feel if you do your job well you should be able to relax freely. Uhaul was work even if you don't have work to do. Find something to keep you busy.
Pros
Health care, benefits
Cons
Driven hard for little pay
Provided benifits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellflower, CAAugust 6, 2018
This job was a temporary job for me, there is plenty of room to move up with how big the company is. The tasks that you are responsible for are not to difficult to complete and it could all be learned how to do within a month of hire.
Great home based opportunty
IN HOME SALES & RESERVATIONS AGENT (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 6, 2018
Log into VPN based work, answer customer service calls and assist with various issues like making or changing a reservation, setting up appointments for hitch installs or accepting payments for storage accounts.
Pros
Make your own hour availbilty and are scheduled certain amount of hours per week, have opportunities to pick up other peoples shift or hours for more money, great bonus program and great source of income (especially during summer)
Cons
Have to work EVERY WEEKEND whether its Saturday or Sunday since those are the busiest days, your scheduled way more hours (more full time) in summer and hours get cut in half by winter
Productive and suppper fun environment to be in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAAugust 5, 2018
Uhaul is a family establishment that’s know for the ‘ Do it yourself ‘ motto. I love how a couple started something together from nothing and made something great for the people!!!! The staff is amazing! So nice friendly and hardworking!!!!
Pros
Laidback when not busy
Cons
Packaging and loading trucks
Fun workplace as well as fast paced
Warehouse Associate/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOAugust 4, 2018
It is a face-paced job. Required to work in hot days, though they do have big fans but sometimes air doesn't circulate well. It is a dirty job so don't expect to stay clean. There is a lot of heavy lifting. Management is great, they keep the environment fun but also take the work seriously.
Pros
They host annual Luncheons
Cons
Does get hot
na
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Salisbury, MA 01952August 4, 2018
I do not find it appropriate to give a detailed review of my current job. all i will say is that there is very little room for upward mobility in the company.
No Micro Managing Job
At Home Agent (Current Employee) –  Greenville, MSAugust 3, 2018
Working form home is not hard at all for this company. If you can read you can do the job point blank...Some of the managers aren't their titles I have 3 in the 5 years I been with and have no complaints about them as I barely see them unless it is time for my annual review. Your raise is based on your attendance. I had a rough first 3 years but they held on to me and last year alone I got 5 raises totaling $4.50!!! Now I am a trainer. I pretty have a set schedule that i created on my own. If you need something read about they have plenty of resources. I learned a lot by reading and listening on calls.
Pros
Working from my bed.
Cons
Really the rate of pay and benefits could be better

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

61out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U-Haul.

Powered by Comparably