U-Haul
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from U-Haul:

U-Haul Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA24 reviews
It good start job for anyone to staotrt you will start alot.The bulk of my experience working for U-Haul was positive.easy to help customers get what they need, and makes you feel good to do so. work is consistent and fun. once you get the hang of it, helping customers.
It was not too much going on and the management needs some more help. It was very few employees doing peek times. Customer service at some stores are good.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Too many young people
The company will draw you in with their “advancing is a easy opportunity” but when you work at a store they is corporate with family it’s impossible from the higher ups in management to just store workers uhaul is not what it’s made out to be
My Job at UHaul was productive, energetic, helping customers with needs and making sure the customers was satisfied. Very helpful boss , very supportive
Great place to work. Gets busy fast so you have to learn fast. Meet new people everyday. Customers aren’t generally in the greatest of moods. But only because moving is dreadful. But ultimately I love the job.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
Weekend are busy and stressful if you let the customers get to your head while being impatient. Weekdays are balanced. Work environment is very acceptable.
Cons
Hard to take a break with high pace tempo around the clock
I enjoyed each and every minute of working for moving help. the work could be grueling but there were some easy days as well. Only reason why im looking for other oppurtunities is because the moving season is low
I was very excited as I moved up in the company until I realized I would be awarded multiple jobs with very little back up. The company is very disorganized and often lacks the communication daily between management to result in quality customer assistance. Both employees and customers alike would constantly complain about this. I loved the job, and could've seen myself doing it for many years. I was trained quickly in many areas and on many different types of equipment. It was encouraging and rewarding. However the stress of constant complications and everyone dropping the ball takes it toll. Not sure if this was a regional problem or company wide. From conversations with staff at other locations I believe it is a company problem.
The procedures are quite easy and after some training it will all work smoothly. It is a great place to learn how to schedule reservations properly and having the right equipment available at high demand times. Starting off you may be working outside more but as you progress you end up being a worker who mainly processes the contracts.
U-HAUL has customer service friendly employees, Helpful with customers with loading off trucks, Potential for advance roles, Enjoyable and excellent environment, and Reasonable pricing for supplies
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Limited Hours
One(1) No-Call-No-Show will result in your firing, no matter the reason.
You could be extremely ill, (like I was), your car could explode on your way to work, doesn't matter. You are terminated that day.

Other than that, fair pay, nice enough manager, even-paced, honest work, time flies while working there. Hours are consistent and convenient.
Pros
Fair Pay, Good Management, Fun Work, Simple Job.
Cons
Moronic Policies
Upper management does not care unless there is a problem, but they do not address the issues. Management does not look at employees skills and listens to word of month from field managers.
Pros
good schedule if going to school
Cons
heavily relies on on-line training and management team does not communicate well.
The store I worked for was fun but I quickly realized that Uhaul isn't really the place for a long career because it is easy to mess your back up while lifting trailers and there the insurance barely covers your expenses
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
healthcare
love working here great people and customers. typical day at working putting away shipments preparing customer contracts and making sure equipment is customer ready and able to be rented
It's a gas station/uhaul/auto shop
Your gonna get all walks of life. Never a dule moment. I learn how to read gas levels, close down a station, real customer service( like most of the customers are wrong especially at gas station or calming down ppl about to move cause their reservations went wrong. Basic car service. Management is awesome, the boss is a boss so at first your probably not gonna like him. He gets cool after a few years. The most enjoyable part was working the grave cause i we see my co workers for about 2 hrs then I get the place to myself.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No, overtime or benefits
Working at U-haul was very rewarding. U-haul is always very busy and I was faced with unfamiliar problems each day, which made it very challenging; however, this helped me improve my problem solving and leadership skills,and how to be more efficient in everything. The best part of the job was the human interaction and how I was able to help them.
A lot of the managers, and regional manager at u-haul in my area like to say that there's always room for moving up. The reality was that the store I worked at couldn't afford to give any raises and there was no actual room for moving up in any way. The manager at my store is/wasn't the most professional and often got in trouble with his boss. After awhile, I didn't see much to go on in U-haul, yet i stayed for a year+ for the experience and knowledge of customer service and moving info ect ect. The biggest highlight of the job would be that starting pay is pretty decent for the small amount of work they have you do for the first few months, especially in the winter.
Pros
Decent Pay, Low Work, Good workout, Great Hours.
Cons
Couldn't afford raises, lazy community, stressful summers.
I am still currently employed at U-Haul and I really enjoy it. The co workers are great and everyone gets along with everyone as a family. The management is top notch as well. A typical day a work consist of clocking in and helping out where it is needed. That could be to help a customer who is waiting in line or taking a truck key and pulling the truck up in front of the building for the customer. We also hookup trailers and dispense propane for customers too. The hardest part of the job is when we get very busy with customers. We could have 15 rental tucks all come back at once and then have a line to the door with other customers and it can get frustrating at times balanceing out your work load.But this job has trained me in that very thing. I have learned how to handle a large busy day filled with angry customers to a customer with a lot of questions. I have learned to think on the fly and the biggest thing i have learned is to work smarter not harder. Lastly the most enjoyable part of the day is the down time. When there is no customers and you have time to collect yourself for the next rush of customers.
Pros
co-workers, management, benefits
Cons
busy days, weather, long work days
This company was great to work for! There was so much to be learned! The staff and management were all very helpful in accomplishing day to day goals
Great company to work for. Good pay and good service provided
rented storage units to customers as well as rental trucks. enjoysed working with my customer service reps
Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.
1.5K
1.4K
1.2K
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U-Haul.