U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 20,540 reviews matching the search See all 21,640 reviews
Organized
Security Risk Compliance Review team (Current Employee) –  MDOctober 21, 2018
Culture is very organized, I enjoy my job as a law enforcement officer and have had the opportunity to travel the world. Everyday is different due to the nature of the job.
Enjoyable experience
Electrical and Environmental Technician (Current Employee) –  Scotia, NYOctober 21, 2018
The systems I am responsible for on the aircraft consist of power generation, lighting, various indication and warning systems, liquid oxygen, heating, cooling, pressurization, fire warning and suppression. Always something new to troubleshoot when problems arise, that was one of my favorite aspects of the job.
Great experience if your young and single
Law Enforcement Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Minot AFB, NDOctober 21, 2018
Lots of hours, with little time off and limited compensation. Great opportunity to build strong, long lasting relationships. Difficult work-life balance, makes maintaining a family difficult.
Pros
Great work family
Cons
lack of work-life balance
Honorable, Life long friends, learned alot more discpline, and respect and value of things
Command Support Staff Supervisor/Military HR (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMOctober 21, 2018
United States Air Force was the greatest decision I made in my life at the age of 18 I signed up to be part of a legacy and tradition everyman in my family has and that is to serve my country honorably
Pros
Paid education, Dental, Medical
Cons
management became more of save themselves rather then their troop
great job
United States Air Force (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAOctober 20, 2018
the job in and outs foley depends on what your role or afsc is. The work is great, the environment is awesome. If anyone ask or intends to join i would recommend.
Pros
work environment
Cons
work environment at times
High paced work environment, strong working culture
Chief of Readiness and Plans (Current Employee) –  Provincia di Pordenone, Friuli-Venezia GiuliaOctober 20, 2018
Working in the United States Air Force provided a wide variety of opportunities. The work is high paced, but the sense of family culture is second to none, and people are willing to assist. The benefits are great and tough to match. The work is challenging
but rewarding.
Pros
Benefits, compensation, progression
Cons
work-life balance, lateral movements (not very flexible)
Productive job and prepares you for the real world
Intelligence Unit Client Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAOctober 20, 2018
Great experience working for the United States Air Force. They really prepared me for the world in a way no other job could. I hope to have an experience like this in my future career as well.
Very structured
Aerospace medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Fairchild AFB, WAOctober 20, 2018
The military is very structured and can be a good choice for anyone trying to get on their feet some people will even stay in tell they retire but you do give up allot to be there and sometimes even when something is wrong nothing can be done to fix it.
Pros
Structure, Good pay, Housing, Food, Enmities
Cons
Easy reprimand, They own you
It was a great learning experience
Fireman CrashTruckOperatorCrewChiefStationCapt (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLOctober 20, 2018
They're wasn't many typical days at work in the military first you have to go through a pretty intense basic training then if you make it through that you then get sent away to another base to learn, practice, and perfect the career you either chose or got put in , then you go to another base and do the job you were trained for.
meant for the strong willed altruist
2M0X2 - Missile Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYOctober 20, 2018
long work hours of manual labor with little or no breaks, and you work 24/7/365. always. You will never be happy with the work, but possibly happy with your part in the overall mission. whatever that means to each individual is up to them
Pros
rare travel opportunites
Cons
its the military
Global Impact
SUPERINTENDENT (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDOctober 20, 2018
A great place to learn an employable skill, grow leadership capabilities, and impact the world around us. Career paths are well defined, but do not limit promotion or crossflow of unconventional and out of the box thinkers.
Military missions
Telephone Systems Supervisor (Former Employee) –  WorldwideOctober 20, 2018
The United States Air Force was a great place to get started in adulthood and learn valuable life skills. The USAF taught me many skills and helped prepare me for life.
Productive Fun place to work
ELECTRICAL SYSTEMS CRAFTSMAN (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOOctober 19, 2018
The United States Air Force is a great place to learn a trade or specialized skill. Also they pay for College and training. The cohesion was also nice.
Overall Great Experience
Comm/Nav Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Cannon AFB, NMOctober 19, 2018
I would never trade the experience I got from the Air Force away the only downfall for me was the management. There will always be the good ol boys club.
Pros
Everyhting
Best and worst 9 years of my life
Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAOctober 19, 2018
The government owns you for the term of your enlistment. If you are not ready to do what you are told when you are told, this is not a good job for you.

The military will make you grow up, give you everything you need (room, board, a pay check, etc.) but you are always considered to be on call.
Pros
Steady job for your enlistment, see the world if you want to
Cons
Not everyone is cut out for this lifestyle
US Air Force
Supervisory Analyst (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALOctober 19, 2018
The opportunities to excel within the US Air Force are unparalleled within any other sector of government of private industries that I have personally experienced during my past 40 years of work. The workplace culture I experienced was most conducive to the professionally rewarding and challenging experience of the individual, team, squadron, Service and department. The best training and intelligent and dedicated mission partners are available to members.
Good Employer
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2018
The Air Force has been a great place to work over the past 20 years. I would highly recommend becoming an Airman in the United States Air Force. The pay and benefits are god. If you like to travel, you will have the opportunity to do so.
Pros
Pay and Benefits
Cons
Deployments and TDYS
US Air Force
Enlisted Aircrew Member (Former Employee) –  United StatesOctober 19, 2018
Excellent career to grow and learn about yourself. Always challenged and in an environment that left to continue to be a better person than you were yesterday
U.S. Air Force
Tactical Air Control Party (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 18, 2018
Joining the Air Force was definitely the best job decision that I have ever made in my life. My job was exceptional as well. I was a forward Air Controller. The job and lifestyle were both something to hang a hat on! Highly recommended to EVERYONE!
Pros
Travel, Pay, Benefits.
Cons
Time away from home
Freedom to make decisions
Statistician (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 18, 2018
The USAF is very flexible with work processes and activities. This is an excellent place to work and to grow. It is also a fine place to work and to learn with peers and other colleagues.
Pros
Good job security
Cons
Too few promotion opportunities

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight