U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 21,442 reviews matching the search See all 22,772 reviews
Rewarding place to work and serve the country
Aircraft Maintenance Unit Assistant Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOJanuary 6, 2019
The Air Force was a rewarding place to work that instilled the core values of integrity, service before self, and excellence. It was a structured work environment with a diverse workforce.
Pros
Camaraderie
awesome
Aircraft Maintenance/Phased Inspection Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Valdosta, GAFebruary 10, 2019
great place to work. very good training and life skills. very family oriented place of work.great benefits and very good vacation. drawback is deployments.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
deployments
Great opportunities, ability to see new places but can be stressfull
Security Forces Base Defense Operations Controller (Current Employee) –  Sumter, SCFebruary 12, 2019
My time with the AF was never dull, it has given me the opportunity to see and do things I otherwise would have never been able to do. However it can be a very stressful job depending on your career.
Exciting
2A656 Aircraft And Enviromental Systems Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 15, 2019
Job that never seems to stay the same and travel constantly. Management needs reevaluated but the benefits and time off are worth the ride. Health benefits for a family are also huge.
Performed aircraft direct repair
Aircraft Avionics Technician/Supervisor/Inspector (Former Employee) –  WorldwideJanuary 14, 2019
Provide opportunity for travel and advancement. Pay was enough to provide a fair living. After retirement, benefits included home loans, education, health care.
Great opportunity to serve my country.
Cargo Operations Manager/Passenger Travel Manager (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJanuary 18, 2019
The Air Force provided a good stable job for me. I enjoyed the 10 year career i had with them. I would recommend anyone looking to serve to look into the Air Force.
Pros
rewarding
Cons
deployments
Overall I have a love/hate relationship with the USAF
Plans and Programs Computer Support Administrator (Current Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCJanuary 30, 2019
After, 13 plus years I'm ready for a change. The USAF is great, in many ways however, with the wrong leadership it feels like high school at times. I love what it has given me and I'm proud to be an Airman/NCO. However, the USAF has evolved to a system that no longer promotes the best and the brightest. Nowadays, it seems to be a popularity contest. I love to work hard and working hard doesn't get Airmen noticed anymore. At the end of the day, I seek to resolve as many issue's as possible, making sure our "IT devices" are operational, and taking care of Airmen.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Too many immature bosses and leaders.
Military Life
Aircraft Maintenance Quality Assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  JB, Charleston South CarolinaJanuary 3, 2019
The military started off really cool and I got to see the world. It was a good experience and I gained lots of knowledge that I can use in a civilian career.
Military
Command Nuclear Weapons Related Materiel Manager (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAJanuary 19, 2019
Overall it's the US Military and it has it's ups and downs and there are sacrifices to be made. The military is not for everyone so it requires some thought prior to joining.
Daily Work
HVAC/R Craftsman/ Facility Air Conditioning Design (Former Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVFebruary 8, 2019
Provide design and support for HVAC systems. Understanding and use blue prints to understand where multiple systems that are needed for units to work properly.
Best Years of My life
Knowledge Operations, SharePoint Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Camp Springs, MDFebruary 14, 2019
I spent 20 years in the Air Force and I would not change anything about my decision to join. I have completed degrees and taken a plethora of training classes.
Pros
Cons
Early Morning PT
Excellent place to start out in life
Aircraft Maintenance Technician/Launch, Recovery (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth AFB, SDJanuary 18, 2019
Gives you time to view the real world and enables you to get a better view of what you might want to do with your future. Good place for college benefits and CCAF
Pros
Gives you experience in life on your own
Cons
Be careful of recruiters, they don't always tell the truth
Air Force
Consultant, Air Ed/Training Command Surgeon Office (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Air Force provides decent pay, great benefits, great training, opportunities to travel, mentorship and much more. The Air Force will teach you a technical skill as well as management and leadership skills.
Excellent workplace with plenty of opportunity to grow
Electrical and Environmental Systems Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mansfield, OHJanuary 6, 2019
The work done at the base I work at is full-filling and sometimes challenging. Management is always willing to work with you if something comes up in life. I have learned a lot of life skills and technical skills while performing my job at this base.
It was a great experience
Non-Commissioned Officer in Charge, Public Health (Former Employee) –  Maxwell AFB, ALJanuary 17, 2019
I loved the travel meeting new people making life time friends. I was still able to play sports that was great. Free Education the events that military were honored. I really love doing Honor Guard.
Decent
Key contributor in maintaining dorm cleanliness (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Pay was decent. Only helped people with family's. All NCO's are too power hungry. Constantly treated like garbage. Not much room to grow. Very restrictive.
Work
Air Force Services Food Supervisor & Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 27, 2019
I enjoyed being the United States Air Force. I would recommend it to anyone. It gave me a chance to see the world and places I wouldn't have seen if I wasn't in the Service.
Air Force as a Career
Expeditionary Chief (Senior Operations Manager) (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXFebruary 1, 2019
I spent my entire adult life in the Air Force. Not because of the paycheck, but because of the close knit family and culture. Even when we were told to move, we still had family at our next job to take care and invite us onboard when we arrived.

Being in the Air Force is not like working for one company doing the same job all of the time. I was able to grow and enhance my leadership and management skills.

I felt honored being able to be a part of the best Air Force in the world.
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
None...the military isn't a place for everyone....just like every other job market.
The air force is a great place to work if you like airplanes and you can get free rides in some cool jets if you are lucky
Avionics Defensive Armament System Technician (Former Employee) –  Mather, CAFebruary 4, 2019
I was an avionics technician and I worked on Boeing B52 bomber aircraft defensive systems. I learned a lot about electronics mechanics hydraulics pneumatics radar and computers it was my first technical job. The management was very team oriented as the military requires extensive teamwork.The workplace was very nice because I was working on airplanes mostly outside in the California sunshine. We had to test all systems before flight and do inspections post flight and when anything went wrong troubleshoot and repair anything encountered on our whole system.The hardest part of the job would be learning all the many different components off the airplane in our field you had to be a jack of all trades.
Pros
I loved working on airplanes and seeing all the different military jets takeoff and land
Cons
When on alert status you had to work 12 hour shifts sometimes for months at a time
It changed my life
Communications / Navigations System Specialist (Former Employee) –  Altus AFB, OKJanuary 9, 2019
Joining up gave me a structure that I needed to get me on the right track in my life. I didn't have any direction, but I had a lot of potential. The Air Force was the best thing that ever happened to me (topped only my kids). What I learned gave me confidence and skills that I still use today. It gave me freedom, friends and a sense of pride that I have now and always.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight