U.S. Air Force logo
U.S. Air Force
Happiness rating is 79 out of 100Above average

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in Ashburn, VA

You’re seeing reviews in Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

4.2

Found 1 review matching the search with 19 related reviews.See all 28,234 reviews

Great place to work, nice people. Would recommend, knowledge is pervasive nice facilities. parking is adequate, campus traffic is moderate and landscaping is quality

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Jobs at U.S. Air Force

in Ashburn, VA
See more jobs

Related reviews

19 reviews close to Ashburn, VA

Benefits are great, job culture not so great.

The job culture in the Air Force is a lot less military, and a lot more politics. We are more focused on focus groups then getting the job done. The technology is fascinating to work with though!

Great place to get started with a career and a lot of education opportunities to improve yourself. Great work life balance and great friends to make along the way.

Love working in the AF. Had a long enjoyable career

I learned leadership very early as a officer and developed myself and mentored others who worked for me. I served in many areas that included executive level leadership, consultant while working at the Surgeon's Generals Defense Health HQ. We aligned strategic direction with quadruple aim, collaborated daily within our own service and all of our federal and military service partners. I had an extremely rewarding caeer.

The Air Force is a good place to work overall.

The Air Force is full of quality people, and it is an honor to serve U.S. Airmen as they perform their missions. Work hours can be reasonable or unreasonable, depending upon where you work. Each particular job has it's own challenges. The culture is very good overall, and it is very inclusive of all types of people.

A great platform to build future success.

Typical work day is 7:30 am to 4:30 pm. Over the course of 24 years, I have become a subject matter expert at Healthcare Administration. The Air Force Medical Service leadership is impressive. The hardest part was moving regularly and being a self starter. The most enjoyable was my opportunity to mentor countless others.

Job security is high.

Job security is high. This is a positive. The negative is that toxic supervisors remain longer than they should. Since it is a headquarters job, there are areas that greatly add to the organization as a whole. There are also areas that add very little to the Air Force as a whole that would be better being combined with the other Services (Army and Navy).

Air Force Medical Services Culture

The Air Force provided amazing opportunities to lead and hone my technical expertise and leadership abilities in a diverse, mission-oriented environment.

The AF is what you make of it!

A typical day can provide positive stress because so many agencies require my expertise. This line of work gives me a sense of ownership with projects assigned to me. It sharpens my multitasking capabilities by teaching me to continue to prioritize situations and follow up. I am always willing to bounce ideas off of my co-workers and they are always willing to provide feedback. The hardest part about my job is the lack of technology or funding. I manage multiple teams geographically separated and they often need my expertise at their location. The most enjoyable aspect of my job is helping my teams with their issues, and traveling.

Pros

Time flies, team trust, work with a diverse group of people, and I love coming to work every day.

Cons

Can't do this job forever. Retirement.

Productive and fun workplace

The environment overall is great, we have challenges at times though there is always solutions and I believe there is more better changes ahead of us. The culture is diverse and I have learned a lot you just have to incorporate what you learn in different areas but there is career development.

Worked as a medical student in the U.S. Air Force

I assisted doctors and nurses in the medical care of military members and their families. I worked in various clinical settings including operational and in operating rooms at Brooke Army Medical Center.

Great Work Environment

Best decision I made for my future. Training and School advancement helped me develop my supervisory skills. The people were very professional and willing to work as a team in order to get tasks completed.

Wonderful working enviroment with a team approach to complete the mission.

Professional Organization with dedicated employees sincere about completing the mission. Leadership throughout the organization are thoroughly invested and supportive of the efforts of personnel.

Pros

Great work enviroment.

It is what you make it

Its important to take advantage of opportunities placed in front of you. Instead of looking at things as a negative, try to see the bigger picture and what you can gain from the situation.

A way of life!

The Aur Force provides a selfless opportunity to serve our nation and protect our values. The Air forc e provided ne an educatio , fully paid. There are so many opportunities this section does not leave enpugh room to list them.

Loved serving my country

Loved what I did for the Air Force, it's the people you work for that makes or break you! Serving you mankind is fulfilling and a blessing within itself. Having a jerk for a supervisor is a hard knocks life!

Dear Public Affairs Airmen

Joining the U.S. Air Force as a public affairs specialist is a challenging task. Not only do you have to learn the job quickly, but it is also a very public role and comes with a lot of inside competition. The company is already well established within society so it is your job to ensure that we are in the public eye positively. Unfortunately, not all who join the Air Force want to see you succeed, and there will be a challenging time due to poor leadership and misunderstanding of your job description. All in all, it's a great place to work.

Awesome

Its the top 1% in the world. It was the most rewarding career throughout my life. I was able to travel, go to school, and become independent. Great career if you want to see how your job impacts lives.

Pros

meeting new people, travel, lifelong friends and connections

Cons

away from family but that what you sign up for

Terrible place to work

I hated it. They expected me to already "know" what they didn't tell me or train me on. the job was very stressful. There was no room to make a mistake because they held it against you.

Summary

Rewarding work and the ability to make own decisions. Very diverse work environment and many different placeds you could find yourself working. Would recommend to anyone.

Pros

Wearing a uniform

Cons

Long commitment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4

InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight