U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 21,017 reviews matching the search See all 22,132 reviews
love the Air Force!!
Engineering Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MODecember 11, 2018
incredible branch to join very happy with my experience thus far with the Air Force. I have been in a little over a year and am looking forward to many more years!
Material Management
Supply Customer Support Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CADecember 10, 2018
Inventory management, Logistics, military contracts, finance, got to travel the world, very competitive promotion cycles, management and supervisors were often political and did not act with integrity
A great way to serve your country and your fellow man
Maintenance Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCDecember 10, 2018
The United States Air Force is a great organization which can stand aside any Fortune 500 company. It employs dedicated men and women from all walks of life who are public servants. You are afforded benefits to include a great salary, education and medical benefits.
Pros
Salary, education, medical, career, dependants are taken care of, etc...
Cons
There are times when you're TDY or deployed and away from your family
Af
Air Trans Craftsman Assistant Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, IL 62225December 10, 2018
The life of the military is a life in its own. Once you commit, you learn to make your life work around the military. This is the sacrifice we all make in order to serve.
Good job security
Aircraft Sheet Metal Work Lead (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GADecember 10, 2018
Good place to work. Overtime is likely for those that want it. Decent pay and benefits. Ability to advance through job promotions. Friendly work environment.
Pros
Plenty of work
Cons
Some manditory overtime and pissible shift rotation.
Great Job
Airman First Class/Material Management (Current Employee) –  Fort Indiantown Gap, PADecember 10, 2018
There are so many things you can do in the Air Force. This job helps you learn a lot of things on the computer. You learn a lot of different ways of organizing things.
Good culture but people can become power crazy.
ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Ft. Meade, MDDecember 10, 2018
Most days are good. People most often focus on their missions in their workplace and work towards making everything more efficient. The people you will meet will change your life and for me it was in a positive way.
Purpose Driven Work
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VADecember 10, 2018
Enjoyed working the mission, but the additional requirements and bureaucracy is extremely frustrating. If higher levels of education is attained then it is possible to be severely underpaid.
Pros
Job Security/Satisfaction
Cons
Family instability/Rigid rank structure
Lack of leadership
Phoenix Raven (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDDecember 10, 2018
I love the Air Force and the U.S. Military. However, the only reason I desire to leave is the people I worked under. They are selfish for the most part and I do not want to operate under those conditions.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanagement.
Good place
Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  United StatesDecember 10, 2018
Good place to work. Always different places to be sent to. Good people to be around and always time to play sports and for family. Made a lot of friends while in
Challanging
Client Systems Craftsman (Former Employee) –  VariousDecember 10, 2018
The Air Force provides you with training and skills which transfer and prepare you for life in the civilian job world. Everything from education to travel may be at your disposal if one applies themselves.
Excellent and very fun work environment
Cyber Systems Operator (Current Employee) –  Dothan, ALDecember 10, 2018
The Air Force is an excellent career building branch, I have learned so many skills and techniques to use in my life and they have provided me with countless opportunities to better myself.
Aim High
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEDecember 10, 2018
The Air force was and is a great start for young men and women to create a life with the opportunity to advance within the ranks as well as a jump start to higher education.
Pros
Travel the world
Cons
War
Usaf
Aerospace Propulsion Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLDecember 10, 2018
I wouldn't give up my time in the Air Force for anything in the world. It made me the person I am today and gave me skills that I will use for the rest of my life
Benefits
Cons
work schedule change
Military Service
Aerospace Medical Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Fairborn, OHDecember 10, 2018
The Air Force provides a great source of income and training for young folks who have little to zero college education or work experience. The GI Bill is a great benefit to further your education after service. While AD the benefits can not be matched. That being said it is not for everyone. There is a reason that enlistment is highly selective. You will be put into positions of great responsibility at a young age and will have the expectation to perform at a high level. You will also be expected to put your service before yourself. This will manifest as deployments where you will be put in harms way or long hours to accomplish the mission. Generally your work will be rewarding when you realize the true impact of your contribution but you will likely never receive any financial gain that will equal the amount of hard work you put in. Your co-workers will become your family and will continue to be a part of your life in someway forever.
Pros
"Travel", education and health benefits
Cons
Hazardous work environment, possible family separation, moderate pay
Good
Electronic Service Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Rapid City, SDDecember 10, 2018
I learned a lot working for the military. Hours and pay are not the best but that's given being a military position. However the connection and learned skills are very valuable plus all the health and education benefits you get \.
N/a
First-line Manager/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Biloxi, MSDecember 10, 2018
Enjoyable atmosphere when making the best of any situation. competitive work place with knowledgeable co-workers. More unorganized then I would like but everyone works in a team effort.
weather forcaster
Weather Forecaster (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LADecember 10, 2018
I joined soon after high school with the promise traveling the world with a exciting career. I only saw 3 states in the south and nothing was exciting about being a weather forecaster. They have good benefits though.
Pros
good health benifits
Cons
boring life
Not A Great Place For Strong Willed People
Presidential Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDDecember 10, 2018
If you believe in change, don't enlist. If you want to be an individual, don't enlist. Poor management, micromanagers everywhere because that is what is taught in the culture.
Great work place
Installation Security Program Manager (Current Employee) –  GuamDecember 9, 2018
I enjoy working for the Air Force. It has provided me with training and opportunities to support my family. The leadership has created a pleasant work environment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight