U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 18,803 reviews matching the search See all 19,766 reviews
political
Health and Safety Officer (Current Employee) –  Dobbins AFB, GA 30069September 20, 2018
Benefits and opportunities are great but there are many unfair aspects of the Air Force reserves such as fairness of promotions and equal opportunities for temporary duty locations.
Productive quick paced
NCOIC of Combat Plans/Training (Former Employee) –  Davis-Monthan AFB, AZSeptember 20, 2018
I would recommend this to anyone who wants to get ahead and receive high quality training. A typical day would be the same as any other career, except for the occasional deployment.
20 years of many skills learned
Wing Self-Assessment Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VASeptember 20, 2018
Spent 20 years in the Air Force and just officially retired as of 1 Sep 18. I was given many opportunities that taught me important skills such as management, supervision, instructing and inspecting.
I was committed, I signed on.
Conditioning Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Germany/Holloman AFB NMSeptember 20, 2018
I loved working in Germany for the 2 years I was there. I had a great boss, always there to help you out when needed. He was the kind of boss you'd go above and beyond for. Loved the travel and learning to make new friends. Good work environment and culture.
very rewarding at times
NCOIC (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJSeptember 20, 2018
Gratifying 20 years. The work place culture differed from station to station. Typical day usually lasted 8 hours but there were times that I worked 12 or more hours a day. The hardest part of the job was leaving your family. The most enjoyable part of the job was traveling.
Great place to have a career & serve your country.
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2018
Great company/government agency, fostering teamwork environment while allowing you to serve your country. Great promotion potential as well as awards to reward performance and going above and beyond.
Fast paced and highly competitive
Air Transportation Craftsman, Operations NCO (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WASeptember 20, 2018
The culture has become highly competitive. The back office buddy system is highly prevalent and very difficult to overcome. The culture has somewhat changed with the times. We are still in the mindset of doing more and more with less which pushed a lot of people out the door because you can only do so much with nothing. I have learned a lot in my 13 1/2 years of service and have travelled all over. The education and health care benefits are second to none and the new retirement system is hard to beat. I enjoy that I get the opportunity to work with people from all over and have different mindsets.
not fun
Officer and Navigator (Former Employee) –  Castle AFBSeptember 20, 2018
stressful, not fun. good place for someone with no or little skills to get paid and build experience. Lifers there were pathetic and would not be able to compete well in the private sector.
Pros
pay
Cons
work ethic poor
Usaf
Force Support Squadron Member (Current Employee) –  March Air Reserve Base, CASeptember 20, 2018
Great place to work! Culture of the Air Force is awesome to be apart of. Didn't intend to leave but had to because my husband relocated to another state.
Great Experience
Computer Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2018
I enjoyed serving in the USAF. I learned a lot about team building, hard work, integrity, and overall being a better person. I would do it again if I could.

Want to know more about U.S. Air Force?

Ask a question
Great way to start ones life
Aerospace Ground Equipment Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LASeptember 19, 2018
Overall positive experience, met some great people and saw some awesome places. At times it wasn't all that great, but the good outweighed the bad. I would gladly stay in if I could be relocated closer to home.
Pros
Pay and time off
Cons
have no choice where you live
its ok
Store Associate/Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Midwest City, OKSeptember 19, 2018
its ok. the job can be fun sometimes.. but it very stressful. they cut you hours a lot. the management its ok some is hard to work with. some of the workers is differntclt to work with
I loved the Air Force
Flight Medic (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXSeptember 19, 2018
If you want to help your country and yourself then join! It was the best thing I've done for my career! It's helped me get to where I'm at now! You are apart of something bigger than yourself!
Greatest thing I ever did
Manager (Former Employee) –  All around the worldSeptember 19, 2018
I joined as a punk and didn't know how to do anything. it educated me and trained me to be who i am today. The pay sucked and the time away from hoome i will never get bsack
Pros
the adventure
Cons
bad pay
Life of a U.S. Airforce Veteran
Public Affairs Specialist/Writer (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 19, 2018
A typical day at work began in the early mornings usually at 6 a.m. with Squadron PT sometimes a run. Then followed by getting into the office by 8 am to begin the day. There were usually phones to answer or briefing the commander on information regarding base activities or the newspaper editing. The newspaper was the central focus of the careerfield so we had to ensure there would be enough stories and content to fill the paper adequately and accurately for the weekly deadlines.
The hardest part of the job was the story gathering and the most enjoyable part of the job was the paycheck.
Great place
Information Systems Security Manager (Current Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CASeptember 19, 2018
Quality work life balance and quality people to work with make for a quality environment with quality pay and quality health benefits which in turn make you deliver quality work.
Veteran and electrical engineer
Electrical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 19, 2018
5 years enlisted service during the Vietnam Era. Completed Engineer degree and was commissioned. Served another 5 years as research engineer at the Air Force Research Lab.
Highly Recommended
Weather Flight Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LASeptember 19, 2018
The Air Force was a dream job that I highly recommend everyone straight out of high school join if they are capable or find a university with an ROTC program that gives you the leadership and mentorship to be able to handle daily taskings at a better rate than everyone else around you.
Great place to better yourself
Assistant Shop Chief of Equipment Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Indian Springs Air Force Aux, NVSeptember 19, 2018
you learn many different types of skills to include work(OJT), social, communication, physical, etc. you learn to work together while still having a healthy competition.
Not a job but a life style.
superintendent (Current Employee) –  Mountain Home AFB, IDSeptember 19, 2018
Not a job but a life style. This is a way of life that is not for everyone but if you have good work discipline and a love for the job you'll do well.
Pros
team work
Cons
long days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight