U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

45K
31.6K
Found 18,208 reviews matching the search See all 19,142 reviews
Worth Looking Into
Water and Fuels Systems Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDJuly 22, 2018
The Air Force offers a wide variety of career paths. A typical day may differ drastically from one specialty to the next. I would extensively research job descriptions and know what you want to do before joining. Management can also vary quite a bit. You will have many bosses and they will regularly be rotating in and out. The hardest part of the job for me was that I did not have a passion for my specific job. I knew that I could be doing something I really cared about and be happier doing it. The most enjoyable part was the large circle of people I met and worked with. You will have the opportunity to meet and engage with a lot people--some will annoy you, some you will have no feeling toward, and some will become some of your closest friends.
Pros
Job Security, Opportunity for Advancement
Cons
Location (not up to you)
productive: ok place to work
Powered Support System Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CA 93524July 22, 2018
Immediate supervisor was a great lead and would teach whenever possible. Life was easy or hard depending on rank/grade , just like any military branch. If excelled at one thing more than other, could get stuck working on one thing
Firefighter
Crash Fire Rescue Specialist - Senior Airman - E4 (Former Employee) –  US Air ForceJuly 22, 2018
My work hours on base were 24 hours on and 72 off. There was a great work/life balance. I learned many new traits and both in my role as a firefighter but also as a person.
Usaf
Fire Team Leader/Emergency Services Team DDM (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 22, 2018
I joined the United States Air Force straight out of high school. It was the best decision as it made me who I am today. The USAF taught me valuable leadership skills
Great benefits if you don't have a plan.
Senior Airman (E-4) (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILJuly 22, 2018
If you don't know what you want to do in life and have no family, the AF is the place for you. It provides excellent benefits and a brake for you to figure out what you want to do in life, or give you direction. If you like being near your family, the AF will separate you at some point, so keep that in mind.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
No freedom
My AirForce Life
(Reserves) - Sr. Airman (Current Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKJuly 22, 2018
Well when I'm on orders, I show up to work at 5:45am. Eat breakfast have a quick brefing on what needs to get done today. Then get straight to work, but the thing is it never felt like work. It was more of a learning experience everytime.
Pros
Awsome workplace and teamwork
Cons
short lunches
Very demending job, but very interesting
Intelligence Officer (Former Employee) –  Camp Smith, HIJuly 22, 2018
Outstanding place to learn and hone your leadership skills. The Air Force gives you every opportunity to pursue your education. It gives you the opportunity to learn a variety of jobs within your career field. It also gives you to opportunity to train to change your career field.
Usaf
Trusted liaison between US and foreign governments (Former Employee) –  Maxwell AFB, ALJuly 22, 2018
Great benefits, school, travel around the world, and different parts of the United States. This was a great experience that I would do all over again,
Blue Falcon
Security Forces (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCJuly 21, 2018
If you want to enjoy your military career do anything besides security forces and services and you will have a great time. Other than that get in get experience and get out.
Great organization; dated technology to do the work
Medical Support Assistant (Radiology Scheduler) (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 21, 2018
I enjoy working for the USAF; however, the tools needed in order to perform my job most efficiently and productively are not available. Lots of waste going on, especially where time and productivity are concerned. There needs to be an overhaul of the tools the medical admin staff use in order to provide great customer service -- we can do so much better if they were available. Work smarter, not harder should be the motto. Other than that, supervisors and team members are stellar and enjoyable to work with!
Pros
Great organization reputation, co-workers, and managers
Cons
Outdated tools in order to perform job
Very high stress environment
Imagery Analyst (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 21, 2018
The mission was very stressful. Mostly due to the fact we were undermanned, but there was also an apathetic air about the place. My supervisor of over 6 months didn't know I was his troop...

I learned alot about time management.
Great Opportunities
Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  RemoteJuly 21, 2018
For those who have yet to pick a career path or are unsettled with attending a place of higher education...the Air Force may be for you. The least you will acquire will be self confidence and a new set of skills.
Pros
Opportunity and Skills
Cons
Routine Travel
Great organization
Education and Training Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 21, 2018
It’s the military. You get in what you put in. I recommend joining and pursuing education while enlisted. They will pay for any classes you take while enlisted.
The world's best Air Force
Airman/Administration (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMJuly 21, 2018
I loved working for the Air Force. I would have persued a full career in the Air Force. It can be tough at times but the give you the tools to succed and be all that you can be.
Moving up
Airman /Fitness Program Assistant/ Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks AFB, NDJuly 20, 2018
The military is a great way to sling shot your self forward in life. They will teach you the skills you need to stay focused and disciplined in what ever you pursue. The Air Force is known to have the better quality of life for their people.
Air Force
Member of an armed response team (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEJuly 20, 2018
Best decision of my life. The Air Force taught me many desirable skills and I would highly recommend the military to anyone. Unit cohesion and culture is like no other.
Maturity
Supervisor, Customer Service & FM Program Monitor (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsJuly 20, 2018
Regardless of your views of the military, the most important thing they teach is maturity and flexibility. The concept of teamwork is also very important and will be put to the test very early in your career.
It isn’t worth it.
Recreation Aide (Former Employee) –  Kadena Airforce BaseJuly 20, 2018
I worked for the Non Appropriated Fjnd on Kadena Airforce Base. I had an incompetent manager, was paid almost nothing, got no benefits, and also had no real options for alternative employment because job opportunities for civilians in Japan are sparse.
Pros
Great Coworkers (all gone now)
Cons
No breaks, no benefits, antiquated cash register system, no real room for advancement.
best part of the job
Operations analyst instructor (Current Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJuly 20, 2018
I believe the best time in the air force is watching others succeed in whatever they have been focusing on . This is the epitome of my career as a trainer and instructor, to focus on the service member and their needs.
Benefits
Cons
Political Agenda
Productive and challenging
Administrative Personnel (Former Employee) –  Edwards AFB, CAJuly 20, 2018
Built character, taught disciple, developed self independence, instilled core values, strengthened integrity, enhanced public speaking and advanced self service

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight