U.S. Air Force

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews for Crew Member

Loved my job. Getting paid to fly ...
Long hours. Sucky food sometimes, sucky living conditions now and then. But over all an awesome experience.
Combat is, what it is. It is NOT for everyone. I loved it because we trained for it meticulously and I felt secure knowing the people on our crew had my back... We where the elete. It showed every place we went . I served 25 years with pride and humility. Thank you.
Great way to start a stable career.
A very dependable career with benefits for school and health. A stable source of income. Opportunities to get a degree and chances to change or learn a new trade.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
No overtime pay
Challenging yet rewarding
The Air Force is an excellent opportunity to pursue a career and better yourself. Wen you join, you will meet people from all over the country and travel all wile getting paid. The Air Force also offers multiple ways to further your education.
Productive place to work in.
I enjoy working in the Air Force. It teaches a lot of skills and has benefits. The work place, culture, and people are amazing to be around. Overall it’s a good work environment.
Loved it
Loved it. Amazing time. Best benefits and love to travel. Good times and met alot of good people. Overall loved every minute of my time when I was in.
As much of a Lifestyle as it is a Job
The military is not for everyone, but if you have the chance you should take it. Getting up in the morning, dawning a uniform, and knowing you have a purpose to fulfill each day gave me a great deal of pride. Yes, the Air Force is the largest user of Aircraft, but they cover all other military fields as well. Being a jet mechanic personally, I enjoyed my time there, (drills aside)*cough*. Most of the time, we take care of our own. Both in and outside of the service. I would encourage everyone to at least give it a try.
Pros
To many to list here.
Cons
Personal epxeirences vary.
Air force
As a load crew member, the hardest part is working out in the heat of summer, or passing the dull times. The people i worked with made it easier and fun, but it isn't for everyone. You definitely learn a lot of skills that can be useful in life, but the core task or role of the job won't translate to a civilian job.
Pros
secure pay, benifits, and a paid leave system that builds up 2.5 days per month
Cons
long hours, sometimes bad people, and high stress
What's better than the USAF
Duribg my tine in the air force,i not only learned a great amountvi was also able to teach a great amount. The United States Air Force is a family i miss and would gladley return to.
Worth the years
Gained valuable experience that will help for the rest of my life that you can learn anywhere else. Including leading and managing that can make you money on the outside.
Military is great.
The military is an excellent option for individuals who are not 100% sure of their direction in life. They provide you with training and lots of opportunities to do things that not many people have the privilege to do, protect this country. You get excellent benefits, fair wages, and the GI bill which in its self is priceless. The GI bill has provided me with over $250,000 in schooling to obtain my master degree.
Pros
Seeing the world, meeting awesome people, and experiencing different cultures
great learning experiance
I would recommend any person joining the military. great place well structured enivornment. work to get where you want to be in life. plenty of room for advancement
it felt amazing, but i did not meet expectations
my typical day was exercising early in the morning and then class for 6 months. I learned how to drive certain vehicles according to my job. Also the weapon related mechanisms on the aircraft I specialized. my classmates made the days fun but the hardest part was conforming to military regulations, my language and habits fell short and ultimately lead to my separation...
Cons
not enough mentorship
It's not for some
If you interested about the military you better be sure that you actually want to join. It had it's ups and downs but there are far more down's than up
Pros
Free medical, dental, vision
Cons
you sign your soul away
Fun and exciting
Plenty to do and see. My career field was full of travel and excitement. Can't beat the benefits and vacation time. Pay was barely enough to live on with a family but they take care of you
Pros
Fun
Cons
Pay
military
I can't talk about my job on this website. I'm not authorized to speak public about what I do for the military. I had to be so short but I just can't do it.
It's the military
It was what I expected. Long hours. Stressful demanding job. Required to work in a quick environment. Very educational job. Loved the experience it provided me.
A typical work day on the flight line here at dyess afb all really depend on how many of our jets are here and what all needs maintenance done or if any configurations need to happen. Some days would consist of troubleshooting or just basic scheduled maintenance.
Pros
Hands on training, communication
Cons
No lunches somedays, bad management, poor planning
Terrible work environment
This is hands down the most poorly run organization, I thought it was just my base but i came to see good supervision and good commanders anyone thats good at their job is far and few between. I had only one good supervisor. No one cares about you they just want you to work your life away so some dumb pilot can get his flight hours in.
Pros
literally nothing
Hard Work
In the Air Force and especially my job on the flight line it takes a lot of hard work and dedication to succeed. With work itself then balancing supervising airmen, fitness, volunteering, school it could be a lot. I was over the direction they were heading with the promotion ideas. I had a good time and met a lot of great people and been to amazing places
United States Air Force
Exemplary.. unmatched comradery. In depth training and material. Very detailed. Involved in the community. An experience that should not be passed by.
Productive and challenging
A typical day at work was always fun and challenging. There was always new things to learn and do and lots of new people to work with and teach new things.
Pros
Team work
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.
16.2K
InHerSight Score
3.2Personal Development
3.3Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight