U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews for Crew Supervisor

Found 389 reviews matching the search See all 19,066 reviews
Productive, quickpaced, full of learning and doing
Crew Chief Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Japan, Korea, England, Germany, United StatesJuly 2, 2018
The Air Force is a great career. I have learned many skills including my job, followership, leadership, management, as well as life skills not learned in a classroom.
Pros
Travel, pay, health, comraderie
Cons
Travel, separation, hours
US Air Force
B-52 Aircraft Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Wurstsmith AFB MichiganJune 28, 2018
US Air Force what can i said. Best time of my life. best ever. working with planes is the best experience i ever had. i love aviation because of the Air Force.
Pros
Best of the Best
Air Force
CV-22 Crew Chief (USAF) (Former Employee) –  Kirtland AFB, NMJune 22, 2018
My job as a Helicopter Crew Chief was hard but very rewarding. I actually loved the job more than being part of the Air Force or military in general. The only reason i did not stay and work as a civilian was family related.
Pros
Military benefits
Cons
Hard long hours
It was fun while it lasted.
Air Craft Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 16, 2018
It was a good experience - great o serve my country and fellow Americans.- At this time in history, the military was not looked upon as favorable as it is today.
Long hours and little recognition
Dedicated Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAJune 14, 2018
A typical day at work is 10 hours. Not all of the time is spent on working on the jets. Depending on what rank you are some of your time will be spent on your airman. During that time you can mentor and be there for them and also tell them what you expect. If you are not in a supervisory role the time not spent on the flight line will be on finishing the paper work on the jobs that were preformed on the flight line.

I learned that freedom comes with a lot of sacrifice made by the men and woman I worked with. Management was always lost in getting the numbers and not the people preforming the tasks.

The hardest part of the job was the time away from family. Not everyone can understand why 10-12 hours of your day is spent at work and why you are so exhausted when you get home. Therefore effecting your home life and happiness. The most enjoyable part is doing something bigger then yourself and knowing your sacrifice is not wasted.
Pros
Benefits, Everlasting bonds and doing something greater then yourself
Cons
Time away from family, Favoritism in promotions and awards
My take
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCJune 12, 2018
It was amazing, definitely a learning experience. I grew up wanted to better myself and open doors. The US Airforce has allowed me to excel and prosper
Should of stayed in!!!
T-38 Crew Chief- Senior Airman (Former Employee) –  USAJune 5, 2018
Provided me with training and opportunities that are the foundation of my aviation career. Learned a lot about aircraft and people. A great place to start.
Was a good job, Looking to move on.
MQ-9 Crew Chief, Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Creech AFB, NVMay 29, 2018
Helped me become independent, accomplish goals, travel around the world. Experienced different cultures, helped me build countless skills that can be applied to any job.
Performed inspections on F-15 aircraft
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAMay 29, 2018
Perform maintenance and inspections on F-15 Aircraft. Performed routine inspections, preflight inspections, repairs and alterations of airframe and engine systems.
Great Technical Training
Crew Chief, Aerospace Maintenance (Former Employee) –  McConnell AFB, KSMay 28, 2018
I received great training from skilled instructors. The USAF demanded a high level of competency to complete the curriculum. Crew safety is paramount and is driven into us daily.
Aircrafts made the job very enjoyable
C-17 Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Trenton, NJMay 18, 2018
Love the task assigned daily and completed on time. I enjoyed learning about the air craft carriers and worked to increase my knowledge daily. I was disappointed when I was not able to be reassigned to a different location and made the job a little disappointing because I was hoping to experience an advancement in other location
Pros
Air Craft knowledge
Cons
good place to work but lacks leadership
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  FloridaMay 17, 2018
Performed sortie generation ground handling and servicing.
Hosted light special inspections.
Used technical data to diagnose and solve maintenance problems on aircraft systems.
Interprets and advised on maintenance procedures and policies to repair aircraft and related equipment.
Advised on problems, maintenance, servicing, and inspection of aircraft and related Aerospace equipment
Pros
good benefits
Cons
short breaks, healthcare
Crew Chief
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOMay 7, 2018
I am excited to apply and expand my skills in your specialized environment. I have always loved working large equipment, machines and mechanical components. I discovered this talent as a kid helping a neighbor shop restore and transport World War II machine equipment for collectors. I continued this passion at Samsonite factory where I operated their spring winder machines and loaded completed product for shipment. Samsonite moved this section out of state and I turned to the USAF for help. I have spent 16 years of my Air Force career on the C130 Hercules and four on the B-2. I enjoyed the C130 aircraft because it was an older model aircraft with a first in and last out mission. This aircraft required a lot of hands on maintenance, travel and detailed loading of freight and personnel. We spent many hours on towing, inspection and rigging for required mission.
USAF crew chief
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLMay 4, 2018
I had a very good enlisted experience and would recommend it to anyone unsure of what they want to do. A typical day at work we started by reviewing forms and seeing what inspections and maintenance was required, we then preformed the necessary actions.
Good experiance for the aviation minded
Dedicated Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAApril 28, 2018
The USAF Gave me the tools to form a great career. Flying around the world and servicing, mantaining, inspecting and troublesooting Aircraft was an experiiance I will always cherish.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
Not a lot of time with the family
An assume experience that everyone should take advantage of.
Aircraft Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKApril 26, 2018
The Air Force was the best experience of my life in the younger years. I was a crew chief on the AWACS planes. We went temporary duty (traveled) all the time. Seen a lot of the world I never seen before. We were treated like royalty every where we went. Yes we had to work but it was fun doing it.
Pros
traveling.
Cons
All the regimented stuff.
Best life there is
Aircrast Maintenance Crew Chief / Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Clovis, NMApril 22, 2018
This was something that you wanted in your life , long hours great friends and a drive to better yourself at all times . This is not a job for everyone but the ones serving new what their requirments were and there was no regreat in doing what you had to do no matter what !!!
Pros
Great Life
Cons
Politicians
Depends on your job
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 20, 2018
Didn't like the job they put me so recommend ensuring you get a job or an industry that you are good at. The Air Force often mismatches personnel to jobs. Cross training in the Air Force to a different job is often like a carrot on a stick you will not get unless your in an over manned career field. Some jobs are easy while others are difficult and often taken for granted. While I am severally disappointed with the career skills I am walking away with which are worthless to my career interests, I have learned at least leadership and managerial skills. I will forever value my skills and experiences and really did end up enjoying parts of my career. However, I will never stop hating the Air Force for giving me a career I spent 22 years in, that did not match my skills and interests, to which I now will try and pivot out of this industry. I have done well and earned accolades for my work. It would have been much better to have been in a job where my talents and skills were fully utilized and appreciated.
Pros
salary, job security, medical, travel
Cons
long hours, seperation from family, beaurocracy, poor management, career placement, fiscally irresponsible
Great entry level job, and awesome benefits
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  VariousApril 17, 2018
The key to having a successful enlistment is to find a job that you want to do. The military offers so many different career options that your military experience can be different depending on your occupation. Overall, life in the USAF and the military is good, but with limited time for families.
Great place to work and gain knowledge and experience in order to deploy
Reserve KC-135 Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  March Air Reserve Base, CAApril 17, 2018
The culture at March ARB is unlike any other base. Everyone is welcoming and helpful as well. As a reserve, most drill weekends are spent doing hands-on exercises as well as keeping up to date with certifications.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

3.0InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight