U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews for Paralegal

Found 30 reviews matching the search See all 23,089 reviews
Fantastic Place for Service
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  MultipleJuly 15, 2018
I was able to hone my skills in everything from personnel management to organizational management. Teamwork and mentorship were key skills as well as the core values of integrity, service, and excellence.
I was a young man when I joined the U.S. Air Force...Structure and discipline worked well for me...
Paralegal - Military Justice, Claims (Former Employee) –  San Vito ASN, Italy and Vandenberg AFB, CAJune 11, 2018
Enjoyed my time in the Air Force...Training was excellent, given responsibility immediately...received my Masters degree in the AF...was trained as an Electrician and Paralegal...Traveled and met a lot of good people..and some not so good...
Great Career Starter
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Bellevue, NEJune 5, 2018
The Air Force is great for starting out and many people make a career out of it. It is hard for some people with families because of the distance that comes along with being in the military such as deployments and overseas tours.
Interesting.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAMay 30, 2018
I liked what the Air Force represented bot exactly the practices that were taking places. Not enough GOOD people in leadership positions. Definitely experienced some racism. However, medical and dental benefits were amazing.
Benefits
Cons
Bad leadership (Depends)
US Air Force
Paralegal Course Instructor (Former Employee) –  Maxwell AFB, ALFebruary 16, 2018
I loved it. I hated it. It was a full commitment and something that I couldn't quit. It forced me to grow up and apply discipline and integrity to my life. It taught me core values and respect. Best decision I ever made (other than being a mom.) It saved my life.
Pros
Great pay and benefits, retirement, great places to live and have adventure
Cons
long hours, sometimes deployments, being away from family too much
Productive and Rewarding
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Beavercreek, OHFebruary 14, 2018
The Air Force was rewarding in itself just to be able to serve our great country. The Air Force did not really have a typical day. You would work your normal job, but the Air Force's requirement could change and your job was to make sure the new requirements were fulfilled. However, as a paralegal, a typical day would be to serve the active duty members and their families to ensure the legal aspects of their life were taken care. We would do anything from powers of attorneys and wills to claims for their household goods. Additionally, the legal office was the point of contact for the commanders to ensure that their airmen were maintaining good order and discipline. Management during my 20+ years was always supportive and role models for the most part. The hardest part of being a paralegal was all the laws. The most enjoyable part of the job was being part of a team which we considered family.
Working as a Paralegal
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTFebruary 5, 2018
Being a paralegal in the Air Force is stressful, but you get free training to become a paralegal outside of the military. You get a lot of benefits such as, education, paid vacation, and healthcare coverage.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
low pay for what you do
Air Force
Military Justice Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Little Rock AFB, ARNovember 4, 2017
Working for the Air Force was a great experience. They provided all the training and tools needed to be successful on the job while also preparing airmen for life outside the military
Tools for success
Military Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Minot AFB, NDOctober 20, 2017
I just ended a four year term with the USAF as a military paralegal in Minot AFB. I worked 50+ hours every week for over three years and did not regret a single hour spent there. I had one MSgt that made life a nightmare, but outside of that everyone was there for a purpose and we embraced the suck together. If anyone ever tells you they "gave you all the tools of success you need", stay away from them. Those people look out for only themselves and are of no benefit to you. Find a good group of people and stay close to them. Good supervision is in short supply, so ride it out until you can be the supervisor you always wanted for others.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Poor structure and leadership
Air Force SNCO
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Various LocationsOctober 9, 2017
The United States Air Force offers great benefits however you do sacrifice personal and family time to progress. A lot of individuals are coming in for just one tour (4-6 years) and then moving on to other career opportunities.
Stressful environment with good benefits
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  MissouriAugust 14, 2017
Leadership/management is sub par. Good benefits. Lot of mandatory trainings and briefings. I would recommend it to someone who can handle stress well and does not mind being away from family. You have to be flexible in order to be in the military.
Life in the Air Force
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAAugust 4, 2017
The Air Force can be very relaxed due to the fact that everything is provided for you. However I will say that my experience in the air force has been somewhat stressful and though I had to adapt to that I appreciate it because provided me with a lot of ambition. The Air Force motivates you to be the best or even just to reach the next rank and provide many opportunities for people who are sure what direction they want to go in.
Pros
Everhing is provided:healthcare, food, shelter, money, education
Cons
Signing your life over to the U.S. military is no for everybody
Not my Direction
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  MarylandJune 7, 2017
Air Force is not heading in a direction that I want to be a part of anymore. I see where upper leadership is going with the promotion system and people who do more outside of unit work is appreciated more than those who do there jobs
Pros
Benifites
Cons
Upper Management
It was okay.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDMay 31, 2017
A typical day at work was reviewing my reports and then checking for grammatical errors so that I can turn it into my supervisor. I would then check on our current cases and follow up when needed. I learned you need to be motivated to stand out and that this isn't a walk in the park job. The culture was more of a business than a family, which I was slightly disappointed by. Hardest part of the job was when you had to take over other's people work. Best part of the job by far was finishing a case that had been open for a long time.
Pros
1 Hr lunches, meeting new people everyday
Cons
Working late, office drama
Great Workplace
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMAugust 26, 2016
The U.S. Air Force is a great organization that offers a lot of benefits to its members. My average work day was 07:30 to 5:00. I learned leadership skills, management skills, and multiple ways of working together as a team.
Political
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCMay 28, 2016
Everything is very political. It's not about how well you do your job, it's about who you know and who you suck up to. They tell you that it's a "brotherhood/sisterhood" and that "we have each other's back" but at the end of the day, everyone is looking out for no one but themselves and they will have no problem throwing you under the bus or leaving you behind if it will make them look good or get ahead. "All for One...and that's about it."
Benefits
Cons
Everything Else
Great People, Terrible Ops Tempo
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  JB MDLApril 9, 2016
Too many jobs away from home. Normal paralegal work, great experience for outside jobs. Hardest part is all the TDYs, schools, deployments and short tours. Best part is camaraderie.
A productive and fun place to work as well as autonomous.
Paralegal (Former Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZ; Chanute AFB, IL; Eielson AFB, AKOctober 12, 2015
I loved serving my country in the United States Air Force. I had a great experience as a weather observer and then as a paralegal. I learned a lot with the training provided.
Excellent source of diverse work experience
Defense Paralegal Manager (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDFebruary 16, 2015
I served 21 years in the Air Force and learned myriad skills to include technical, managerial and interpersonal skills.
Pros
Diversity of co-workers and gained an abudance of work experience
Cons
Being away from family
Best Job I ever had
Paralegal Specialist (Current Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAFebruary 1, 2015
I have flexible hours and an incredible manager who goes out of his way to mentor to his subordinates. The work environment is faced paced and challenging but very rewarding.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight