U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews for Resource Manager

Found 102 reviews matching the search See all 24,059 reviews
I am grateful for my experience in the Air Force
AVIATION RESOURCE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, Tacoma WAJune 7, 2019
I joined straight out of high school and I am grateful for that experience. Even the bad things I experienced has been a vital part in who I am today and wouldnt trade that experience for any other.
Professional growth and stable
Supervisor/Aviation Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLMarch 25, 2019
I had many opportunities for professional growth and a stable income. The reason for leaving was because I have three children now and wanted a more stable personal life since my husband and I are both in.
Pros
great pay, benefits for young age
Cons
time away from home
Gained skills
Squadron Aviation Resource Management (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAMarch 15, 2019
Gained necessary management skills and knowledge. Although, finding a job outside active has been extremely difficult. Have not found a job that employs my skills that I received in the service.
Pros
Travel, free schooling, healthcare
Cons
lack of outside opportunities
Usaf
Airfield Operations Resource Management (Former Employee) –  United kingdomJanuary 29, 2019
The USAF is the greatest branch of the military! I enjoyed every bity of it and learned a lot about structure and goal setting because of it. My experience set me up for life.
Active Duty Air Force
Aviation Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Indian Springs, NVDecember 3, 2018
I loved my time in the military. It paid for school and taught me valuable skills. Also they offered me a lot of experience which included the ability to manage small/large groups and supervise several subordinates.
Pros
30 days paid time off a year, all health benefits
Cons
possible long hours
Serving in the Air Force the past 6 years has been a great experience, but I am looking to separate in March of 2019.
AVIATION RESOURCE MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Columbus AFB, MSOctober 24, 2018
The Air Force has equipped me with technical and life skills that i believe could be implmemnted into any company to make it a better, more efficient place.
Former commander and co-workers were fun to work with
Aviation Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 30, 2018
Every day at work was enjoyable and smooth, with being around fighter pilots making the environment more lighthearted. Although the military is strict, most of the time everyone is very relaxed.
Pros
Free lunch, free ping-pong
Very Fun & adventerous
Aviation Resource Management (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 7, 2018
The Air Force is a really good career to persue it definitely breaks you down and builds you to be a better person sometimes it can fast past or slow past but it is very fun
Enjoyed My Time
Aviation Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLSeptember 2, 2018
I really enjoyed all the great benefits offered by the united States Air Force. I am extremely that while in I was able to enhance myself and marketable qualities, both personal and professionally.
Pros
Great Opprotunity
Cons
N/a
Good
Aviation Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 11, 2018
Typical day at work includes reviewing missions analyzing data, inputting information, auditing information, updating databases, and meeting with team.
Caring and joy
Aircraft Armament and Health Resource Management (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJuly 10, 2018
This was by far my best learning experience. The Air Force taught me disciplined on life prospective and how to excel in every issue or projects and life.
USAF Civil Service
Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAJune 24, 2018
Do not expect to get promoted based on performance. Civil service jobs are union jobs and promotions are based on seniority, not merit. The pay is not commensurate with equivalent jobs in the commercial market. The work can be very fun, but you would definitely not be in this line of work to get rich.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Lack of advancement and compensation
Gained professional development for future use
Resource Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 3, 2018
Although we deployed alot, we were very deatailed in accomplishing our mission and taking care of our people. I am thankful for the oppportunity to have served for almost 24 years.
Pros
Security
Cons
Deployments
Best job ever
System Operations Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  United KingdomMay 31, 2018
SLow pay grade.. however it wa an opportunity to travel the world. It gave me life and helped train me for life in so many ways. Showed good core values.
Fast paced environment, but good team work
Aviation Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXApril 24, 2018
It is a great company to work for if you like a lot of rules and regulations. Has great benefits, able to travel and decent pay. You do learn a lot about yourself and do build on things about yourself such as self - esteem and leadership.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Being on call 24/7
Good start to a career
Aviation Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  VirginiaMarch 7, 2018
Decent way to start a career right out of high school. Not long term thing for me. Go to school, get a degree, and focus on a civilian career outside of the military. It will help you better in the long run.
Life changing
Aviation Resource Manager Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cannon AFB, NMMarch 6, 2018
Contact a recruiter if interested. It is life consuming, you are always on duty, 24/7. Money is good, 30 days of leave a year are great and needed. Commit if you are ready for a change
Daily Life
Aviation Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Fairchild Air Force Base, WAJanuary 15, 2018
We would generate reports to audit any discrepancies with the previous day's flight time. It can have its fast and slow days, but I enjoy working with the people around me.
Challenging environment which promoted growth and leadership opportunities
Aviation Resource Management Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJanuary 11, 2018
The Air Force has been great for opportunities and growth. The atmosphere promoted equality and transparency for those who took the opportunities. Educational and professional growth was challenging yet informative. We also were put in many positions to exercise our professional military education.
Pros
Growth opertunities
Cons
Frequent moves and long deployments
Proud to have served
Aviation Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Pope AFB, NCDecember 13, 2017
Loved working for the Airforce. Overall the Airforce was great to me and I learned a lot during my tenure. I had a lot of great supervisors that took me under their wing and guided me in the right direction.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5

3.1InHerSight Score

3.2Personal Development

3.3Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight