U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 6,683 reviews matching the search See all 6,771 reviews
Medic / Rad tech
Radiology Technician/Field Medic Soldier E-4 (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WANovember 17, 2018
I loved being in the army, Learned a lot about leadership and how to deal with everyday average problems more systematically. Really enjoyed my time.
I recommend the army to anyone.
Cargo specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CANovember 16, 2018
I would recommend the army to anyone who is willing to work hard, and to anyone who wants to better their future.
the army is not for everyone, so each individual must decide what they believe their role should be in the army.
Legal Command USAR Summary
Paralegal (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDNovember 16, 2018
My typical day, is basically answering emails, preparing down trace Units in their overall mission essential tasking, in order to be compliant to the Commanding General's guidance.

Assigning down trace Legal Operation Detachments co-located across the United States legal support requests, legal assistance requests, as well as, trial defense attorney requests from outside Units, to include individual Service Members.

I oversee the applications of Service Members requesting military schools in the Army Training Requirements Resources System for career advancement. Monitor and review Service Member readiness utilizing the Reserve Component Manpower System, in order for placement into military schools for career advancement.

Next,Receive and process Mobilization vacancies for Judge Advocate General attorneys and paralegals I request for orders for Service Members that meet mandatory requirements for military missions, utilizing the Regional Level Application Software version 8.
I am also responsible for the training and evaluating of paralegal noncommissioned officers and paralegal specialists in Mission Essential Tasking, which creates more in depth knowledge base on their military occupational specialty.

In legal assistance, I conduct extensive legal research on legal assistance matters sent by individual Service Members prior to informing a Judge Advocate General Attorney for further guidance.

Lastly, my additional duty assigned is Master Fitness Trainer to condition Service Members in their military physical fitness needs to enhance military physical fitness
  more... readiness.  less
Pros
Career advancement
Cons
Time away from home
Mission First - People Always
Army Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYNovember 16, 2018
Military service is not for the faint of heart. Those who dedicate themselves to a higher cause and are willing to push themselves to a different level of performance succeed in the army. Continuous training opportunities both soft-skills / hard-skills makes the career never dull and exciting. There will always be lack of good leadership from up top but that is found even in the civilian market. Overall, Army sets up the individual for success outside in the civilian market and having that in resume carries much weight for those with specific skills that are highly sought in the civilian world.
Pros
Training, Compensation, Travel
Cons
always away from home
Very productive
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, FLNovember 15, 2018
As a previous member of the US Armed Forces, I needed to find a military unit that I would be allowed to join. From being a Veteran of the US Air Force, I was introduced to the US Army Reserves. My job duties were similar to the ones I did when I was in the Air Force. I learned a lot, the Army way, and the many other job duties. I enjoyed the comaraderie.
Very Informal
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Riverdale, MDNovember 15, 2018
I love the military, they teach you how to perform at your best and live your best. Being a soldier i learned alot and i will continue to teach soldiers and learn from my superiors.
Benefits
Cons
Time
Overall wasn't bad. Very slow paced compered to active duty.
Electronics Repairer and or Technician (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDNovember 15, 2018
People have different experiences in the Army Reserve. Mine was more or less lackluster. I was not able to go to AIT due to placement complications. As a result I just had to cross train during IRT missions or AT as well. The soldiers that I worked with were pleasant to be around for the most part. The experiences that I had were memorable but after coming from active duty, reserve duty was a bit too slow paced for me.
Great opportunity
Officer in Charge/S-6 (Former Employee) –  CTNovember 15, 2018
Excellent place to start your career. Great opportunity for advancement as well as education benefit. Mission driven. I will definitely recommend to others.
not built for everybody
shower and laundry specialist (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, NJNovember 15, 2018
its a welcoming place you learn a lot of skill for the military life and civilian but if your not the type to work hard you will most likely be stuck in the same position and its all bout hard work and motivation to move on.
Great working experience...
92G Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VA 23801November 15, 2018
I have been in the Army Reserves for eight years now. I love it. I go to drill once monthly. It is always on a week end. I will say one thing that people get a little mixed up though. The minimum requirement is one week end a month and a two week training a year. The first couple years I was in I constantly was activated to active duty. So do not join if your mind set is stuck with you are only going to do the minimum requirements.
US Army Reserve
Information Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Encino, CANovember 14, 2018
The command support was exceptional and the training experience helped me to achieve the successes I have had till present. I have nothing but good things to say about unit.
Great education opportunities
CBRN SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Orangeburg, SCNovember 14, 2018
The Army reserve allows all it's soldiers excellent educational benefits. Being that reserve soldiers only report for one weekend a month and 2 weeks out of the year, there is plenty of time to commit to one's educational desires.
Pros
Great financial and educational benefits
Cons
Pay is very little
Its a good job and rewarding
Active Guard Reserve (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NENovember 14, 2018
0730 at work a lot of computer working at a desk, looking over training schedules, on line training, setting up training for Battle Assembles weekends, setting up transportation for training events. Equipment inventories. Giving classes on different subject. You get a half hour lunch break and back at it, check e-mails for different tasks that come down from higher such as color guard for a funeral or need Soldiers for classes that came available. until about 5 pm or until your tasks for the day are done. Each day is different.
Pros
Bebefits are good pay is ok
Cons
your away from home a lot and have the possibility of deploying
It was good
31B Military Police (Current Employee) –  Ashley, PANovember 14, 2018
It was good I really worked for over six months to get into the US Army and it payed huge dividends. I am now able to talk about my experience with confidence
Long time ago
Multichannel Transmission Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Clemson, SCNovember 13, 2018
When I was in the reserves it was in the late 90's and was one of my best employers to date. Do not know what changes and challenges are present today.
US Army Soldier
Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNNovember 13, 2018
You must be flexible in your ability to travel or move. You must be able to meet physical demands of your MOS. Be strong minded to deal with stress of this lifestyle with a strong support system at home.
Pros
Opportunity, travel, guaranteed pay
Cons
Lifestyle is different
exciting, challenging, and great career
Command & General Staff Officer Course Instructor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 12, 2018
Depending on ones occupational specialty, a typical day can be as simple as cooking for thousands of soldier to preparing intelligence reports that direct military tactics. Learning consists of attention to detail in all reads from first aid to weaponry.
Pros
mentally and physically challenging
Cons
Military - Not for everyone
Army Reserves for those focus on civilian life more
Culinary Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKNovember 12, 2018
I regret going reserves, I wish I had gone active from the start. Reserves it's okay for those who don't prioritize military, and have other plans such as school.
Job
Platoon (Department) Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 12, 2018
This is the best part-time job you can have. 20 years of part-time work equals full-time retirement benefits. Plus, you can go to school for free. "That's all folks"
Pros
Best part-time job
Great
Food Operations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Alamitos, CANovember 12, 2018
Life in the United States Army Reserves was challenging. But, as I spent more time with my unit, I developed into a competent soldier. My experience increased when I deployed to Afghanistan, and I got to serve my country in wartime.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4