U.S. Army Reserve Employee Reviews

Found 5,886 reviews matching the search See all 5,964 reviews
Collaborative and Challenging Environment
Non-Commissioned Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXJuly 21, 2018
I have taken the discipline and education that I have learned through my time with the United States Army to create a successful career. I look forward to utilizing all that I have learned to continue to grow as a person and employee.
Great Army Expierience
Ammunition Stock Supply and Accounting Specialist (Current Employee) –  Schenectady, NYJuly 20, 2018
One weekend a month two weeks out of the year. Paid Federally and not by the state in which you live in. commonly confused with the National Guard. Deploys over seas.
Pros
Leaving family all the time
Cons
M.O.S. expierience
Take pride in self and Duty
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXJuly 20, 2018
Hooah. Be all you can be. Exciting opportunity to travel to new places and see new faces from a diverse world. Ride of a Lifetime. College Tuition discount.
challenging weekends
Maintenance Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (91B) (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CA 94043July 20, 2018
You report 1 weekend a month. Usually you are the first ones there and the last ones to leave. It is very challenging being a wheeled vehicle mechanic. Soldiers push vehicles and some break down. When they do, you work in getting the vehicles fixed and ready for next mission.
Pros
free lunch from army "cooks"
Cons
first ones there and last ones to leave
Fast Pace
Materiel Control/Accounting NCO (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDJuly 20, 2018
One weekend a month and two weeks out of the year. You may have to go in on a Friday. Retirement benefits and medical benefits are worth it. Good Networking with peers.
Once a Month
Signals Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Augusta GAJuly 20, 2018
Meet up once a month to conduct trainings. Conducted Army warrior tasks and battle drills. Along with job specific trainings. This included on the job training.
Hardest part of the job
Nursing Officer (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJuly 20, 2018
The Army Reserve Nurse Corps has provided me the opportunity to network and work with a diverse group of multi-talented people. It can be challenging to balance family life, military, and civilian careers. However, just knowing that I have the love and support of my family is the most rewarding as a Soldier.
Pros
Retirement and benefits
Cons
Challenging on family life and not being able to receive retirement at 55
I love the Army but its not for everyone
Staff Sergeant / Military Police (Current Employee) –  Saco, MEJuly 19, 2018
It's the Army. Your career is what you make it. If you're motivated you'll succeed. If you're not, you won't. Good training and looks great on a resume for future employment.
Cyber Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Coraopolis, PAJuly 19, 2018
Many opportunities in the US Army Reserve. There is lots of room to grow, and get tons of training based on your job. You can maintain a civilian job while serving.
Great battle
Medical Logistics Specialist (68J) (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTJuly 19, 2018
I would say great opportunity for college students. Will have great opportunity to travel. Training won't be as much as active duty component but, get to enjoy with great battle.
Pros
Travel
Cons
pay and training
Love, love, love
E-5, Kitchen Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Chaffee, ARJuly 19, 2018
After graduating High School, if you're not planning on going to college, then join the military. They feed, cloth and house you. They teach you how to stay in shape, how to care for and fire a weapon, they also teach you valuable life lessons.
Good Organization
Staff Operations and Training Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 19, 2018
It's a government job, and as such is more focused on effectiveness versus efficiency. It is stable and solid, but requires relocation for advancement.
Great work place
Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaJuly 19, 2018
It is a great environment to be around you learn new stuff everyday. Since being in the SCNG it has open up my eyes to many world changes. I can honestly say that it has change me for the better good.
N/a
Infantryman (11Bravo) (Current Employee) –  Lakehurst, NJJuly 18, 2018
One of the best experience ever.
Be bigger then yourself always place the mission first. Annual training is once every summer for two weeks. It is required to do training.
Great Environment
Adjutant General Officer (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed serving my country and decided that it was time to say goodbye. I had a great time learning my job so that I could transition it to the civilian side some day.
good training
chemical weapons repair (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 17, 2018
I had an interesting time until I got to the unit that I was assigned to and was treated like I didn't matter, I felt like if I was not jumping out of an airplane.
Pros
get away from the troubles of life
Cons
miss out on family
Loved the disciplined and responsibility
Motor Transport Coordinator/Operator (Former Employee) –  Buckeye, AZJuly 17, 2018
Loved the disciplined and responsibility. Definitely a great culture to be involved in if you have a fear of progressing, making movements in life, socializing etc., because it forces you too. The Army was one of my greatest achievements
Adventure and travel
Geospatial Analyst (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 17, 2018
The unit mission drives travel and duty description; physical training, career development; skill training; camaraderie; education and tuition reimbursement through G.I. Bill.
Pros
Service to country
Cons
Could be long hours; family seperation.
army reserve
Petroleum Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fremont, NEJuly 17, 2018
A typical drill weekend included going in to allow people to tell you what to do but we did barely anything. A lot of people with ego's ( rank) that wanted to control you. We did stuff very backwards and would not help you in training for overseas deployment
Pros
job security
Cons
pay
excellent place if you need something to hold onto while you look for another job to supplement
Ammunition's specialist (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 17, 2018
If you plan to make it a career then this is the place to be.

Health insurance is very awesome. I wouldn't trade it for the world. It takes care of its own if you have family members who have health needs above and beyond the simple ones

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army Reserve. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4