U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 61,736 reviews matching the search See all 65,746 reviews
It's what you make of it.
COMPANY TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 18, 2019
Fort Bragg is definitely an interesting place.
I liked doing my job and liked the quality of soldiers around me as well. There will always be conflicts, but people learn to just move on.
Things could be changed in the future.
One-of-a-kind Employment
Track Vehicle Repairer (91H) (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 18, 2019
As a patriot, I thoroughly enjoyed being in the Army. One has many opportunities for advancement, but one must be proactive and take initiative to make advancement more easy.
Mission oriented military life
Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  WorldwideFebruary 18, 2019
Army life from 33 years ago has changed from what I was used to after the Gulf War and electronic repair in the U.S. Army but still very productive and satisfying profession. So much so that my daughters joined the U.S. Army as well.
Pros
Free meals and health insurance
Cons
Depending on job but mostly away from family
No need to say much about the Army
Military Leader (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAFebruary 18, 2019
The Army is a good start for many young people including me. I enjoyed serving and I also made a lot of good friends.

However, if you are thinking about joining for the money, bad news is they do not pay that much.
Fulfilling work, absolutely worth it.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 18, 2019
I enjoyed my time in the Army, made great friends, had many great experiences, advancement up the ranks, but I wanted something else, something new, I didn't wish do keep doing what I was doing so I made the decision to Honorably Discharge after over 5 years of service.
Amazing career
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Hunter Army Airfield, GAFebruary 18, 2019
I enjoyed every second of my experience. Operational temp was very fast pace, the company morale was always high, work days were long yet rewarding at the end of the day.
Career advancment but long days
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCFebruary 18, 2019
Was a fun job, benefits were nice. Long hours in the field. Paid time off, lots of room for career advancement if you did what they wanted you to do. Overall a great place to work. Can work in the US or overseas.
loved the Army
Battalion Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  TexasFebruary 18, 2019
even with all the deployments, I loved my job, the Army is what you make it, you get the opportunity to travel the world and the Army pays for it. If you are married your spouse can go too, although there are some limitations to locations where they can.
Good place for a young man to learn
Cannon Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 18, 2019
Normal day consisted of waking up for PT at 0530 in the morning to be at formation by 0630. Do PT for 1 and a half hours and then shower and report to motor pool. Field operations every month or so with training in between. Being deployed in 2010 was not a joy.
Pros
Lots of paid leave before and after deployment
Cons
Deployment is stressful on the family
Fast Paced
Manager (Current Employee) –  ArkansasFebruary 18, 2019
Everything is based on your own values and beliefs. Typical days vary based on where you are at. Management varies by their own experience. Best part of the job is serving others.
Best worst time of my life
Multichannel Transmission Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXFebruary 18, 2019
You create opportunities for yourself with the tools they give you the army will not and can not change you you have to willingly change yourself and better yourself.
Pros
Serving your country, benefits, pay
Cons
Away from family, abuse of power, starting at the bottom.
What I learned
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  OhioFebruary 18, 2019
Freedom within the army does not happen. You will work long days and hours, no overtime, no sick days. It isn’t horrible, it just isn’t for everyone. Also depends on your unit.
Everything is perfect
cultural advisor (Former Employee) –  LouisianaFebruary 18, 2019
Everything was perfect there as a cultural advisor I enjoyed working with us army I really to work more with them I’m really happy. I recommend people who want to work it’s really best place with good benefits.
Pros
Free lunch and dinner
Management Opportunities
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCFebruary 18, 2019
I believe the military provides all of its soldiers a chance to improve their management skills. Time management is the biggest skill that I learned and has proven to help me establish a better work criteria for myself. Professionalism is another management skill I had the opportunity of learning while in the military service. Military courtesies and respect towards ones peers are excellent examples of professionalism.
Pros
Health care benefits, income, and professional development.
Cons
Time consuming, stressful at times, and toxic leadership.
Very fulfilling and enjoyable experience
TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYFebruary 18, 2019
Relatively easy day to day as long as you do as you are told and stay out of trouble. The hardest part of the job would be making sure you stay engaged and self motivated especially with working out.
Pros
Easy advancement, great culture
Cons
Very long hours, Demanding work most days, on call 24/7
Excellent Leadership Experience
Division Aviation Advisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Tough on family, but great experience for anyone. Excellent esprit de corps. You will love the people you work with, the things you see, and the stuff you do.
It's the military
WATER TREATMENT SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAFebruary 18, 2019
It was ok but i preferred the Navy. Working hours were great when in Garrison and deployments weren't bad. great salary and benefits. Some NCOs were bad and some were good.
Pros
hours, time off
Cons
deployments
A great place to mature
Special Agent (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Physical training occurred @ 0600 hrs every Monday, Wednesday & Friday. Except for that regularity, my work days were never typical. Having served my country along side my spouse taught me that every U.S. citizen should serve because freedom is not free. It taught me to be a stern, strong, compassionate leader, mentor and mentee. I "cut my teeth" in the military and learned from the very best managers, peers and subordinates

The military had one mission"...to defend our Nation, both foreign and domestic." That single mission statement created a culture of one truly extended family. All soldiers have and had, both in and out of country is and was each other.

Seeing a soldier fall, by his or her own grace and too lost to look up for that hand, was most troubling part of my job. Seeing a soldier fall, look up and then and get back up assured me we did a job well done.
Pros
An elite member of less than 8% of Americans to ever serve
Cons
The pay, to include benefits, are below scale
It is productive environment with alot of stress
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Gray, TNFebruary 18, 2019
Work long hours on duty weekends and sometimes overnight extremely stressful but is worth benefits and what you do for your country there's alot of ups and downs to being a soldier
Pros
Free lunch, getting lots of benefits good health and life insurance
Cons
No breaks only on one weekend a month and one month during summer
Meeting new people around the World
Infantry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TX, Fort Campbell, KYFebruary 18, 2019
Interacted with new cultures and believes around the world. Worked with same minded personnel to get our objective done in a timely manner. Great leadership in the field of training and problem solving. College is also free and is great when looked upon the promotion board.
Pros
Worked with great people on the job
Cons
You as a soldier are on the armys time line

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight