U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 55,335 reviews matching the search See all 58,474 reviews
sixty eight whiskey
Health Care Specialist (Medic) (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 17, 2018
a life in the united states army is a lifestyle not a job. you will be working over forty hours a week with a forty hour salary. This job is a lifestyle like said before.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
no personal life
excellent
Transportation Operation Manager (Former Employee) –  Wahiawā, HIJuly 17, 2018
I love my job as a soldier and what i did for my country. I learn a lot about the logistical field and how t o become the best leader i can be to my soldier and other leader
Accept the challenge and strive for excellence
Chief Operations Management /Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 17, 2018
The U.S. Army is a great place to start a career, achieve your maximum potential, develop leadership styles, experience problem solving scenarios, and unlimited travel whether voluntary or involuntary. Best career choice in the world with many roads to success. Entered the service as a timid child and departed as a courageous warrior.
Pros
Unspeakable Camaraderie
Cons
Long work days
I didn't have a problem with it
Infantry Team Leader / Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NC / Ft. Bliss, TXJuly 17, 2018
It was the infantry. You stayed gone a lot and for long periods...then you deployed. The pay wasn't great but that just gave you the motivation to get promoted. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in. There's always a suck factor to it but you just gotta embrace it. Met some great people, also met some real scumbags. Stay away from the scumbags and you'll be good. Physically, it will destroy your body. Deployments don't always go great, there's no way to prepare for that. As long as you aren't hanging with the scumbags you'll always have good people that have your back.
Great depending on role
Sergeant (Former Employee) –  US/ South KoreaJuly 17, 2018
As a behavioral health specialist, it was great. I got to see the world with my family. Other positions in the army were not so great according to our patients. Study for your AZVABS.
Benefits
Cons
Never fully staffed
Military life
Internment/Resettlement Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Leavenworth, KSJuly 17, 2018
As we all know the military life isn't for everyone. There is a lot of long days. However, the benefits can't be beat! I fee like it was very rewarding and was an honor to serve
Benefits
Cons
Hours
Serve your country
Assistant Professor of Military Science (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXJuly 17, 2018
It is an honor to serve my country. I was fortunate to serve with amazingly talented men and women all with the same goals in mind. Highly recommend serving your country
Pros
Team work, pay, benefits and retirement
Cons
deployment and time away from home
A lot of different things
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 17, 2018
i deployed i worked on vehicles i did physical training i went to the range i did area beautification i ran i did push ups i did sit ups i did a bunch of stuff i did not want to do
Rewarding
Senior Intelligence Sergeant (Current Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSJuly 17, 2018
Offers a rewarding and challenging career with competitive salary and benefits. Provides education and tools necessary to perform job requirements and fair system of promotion based on merit and experience.
Great teamwork evironment
Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 17, 2018
As a mechanic in the military, I've experienced a great deal of help. Being in the military is like having another family, you can talk about your personal issues or just need help on a job. No matter the situation people will always be there to lend you a hand.
Loved it
Infantryman Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 17, 2018
Loved every minute of it. Being overseas was the best part minus of course fighting for freedom. Would love to go back but started a new chapter in my life.
Wonderful Experience
Unit Prevention Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 17, 2018
I have enjoyed my time in the Army. I was stationed in Korea and Fort Drum, NY. I also deployed to Afghanistan. Overall, the Army has built my character and helped me work well under pressure. I joined at the age of 17 and have absolutely no regrets. The benefits are great!
Pros
Benefits, free college, steady pay, travel, paid vacations, health care, life insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance
Cons
long shifts, unpredictable work schedules
US Army
Training and Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  South El Monte, CAJuly 17, 2018
The military is not for everyone. If you like or need structure in your life and need to be challenged both physically and mentally, then the military could be your answer. You can either enlist to be a reservist who attends battle assemblies once a month and annual training at least once per year, or you could decide to be active duty and live the military life. Either way, you have a chance to see the world and have a respected position.
Pros
travel, pay
Cons
it's not for everyone
Fast paced, mentally and physically challenging.
Specialist (Former Employee) –  hawaiiJuly 17, 2018
Most of what I took away from the army was learning to cope with many different pace changes and understanding that working a full time job especially the army means you should be willing and able to adapt and mold your life and mindset to the job field you have chosen. Also learned how to see things through, better to give it your all and fail than give up.
US Army
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCJuly 17, 2018
Start the day off with physical exercise as a unit
Daily duties were based on Occupation
Hardest part of the job is always completing different assignments that might not be your occupation
Most enjoyable part of the job is working in an environment with people who have similar values and work ethics.
Pros
Medical Care, Dental Care, Housing, Education
Cons
Promotion Opportunity, Management
Fire Support Trainer
Training Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Irwin, CAJuly 17, 2018
Oversee training and development, audit performance outcomes, and manage resources needed to achieve objectives. Serve as facilitator for developing personnel on new systems.
Pros
New challangs
Secure and demanding workplace
AUTOMATED LOGISTICS SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJuly 17, 2018
The Army taught me how to balance my life. It showed me how to see how things are bigger then just me. It taught me how to be a man. The military was what I made it and that would be my advice to anyone.
Section Sergeant
Combat Engineer Squad Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJuly 17, 2018
Oversaw and coordinated combat trainings and real-world handlings of various high explosives. Prepared strategic tactics. Manager of soldiers’ professional development reports, administrations, well-being and safety.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long hours at work
Great for personal improvement, but poor conditions and work atmosphere.
Unmanned Aircraft Systems Maintainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 17, 2018
Lots of great people and experiences gained along the way, but lots of toxic leadership and favoritism. Work-life balance is terrible and is a significant source of stress. Even in garrison, work hours were far too long due to poor planning and bad management.
Pros
Lots of active duty benefits, GI Bill, veteran benefits.
Cons
Toxic work environment, poor conditions, poor work-life balance
An experience that is definitely worth it
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJuly 17, 2018
The Army lifestyle is definitely not for everyone. Standards are set and must be met. You will not agree or even understand why you have to follow most of them, but that is just the way it is. You will be forced to be responsible, yet at the same time feel like you are being treated like a child. The hours are long and you may work for months at a time without extra pay. You truly have to be willing to sacrifice many aspects of your life to the military. The good news is that you get used to the lifestyle after a little while.
Pros
Great benefits, you and your family will be taken care of
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss