U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 59,026 reviews matching the search See all 62,409 reviews
Results may vary.
Artilleryman (Former Employee) –  Fort bragg, ncOctober 19, 2018
I had a bad experience with the army. The battery I was in was filled with poor leadership and no camaraderie. The overall moral within the unit was so bad that the retention rate was 1 person per 4-5 months.
soldier, heavy wheeled operator
Heavy wheeled operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KY, fort hood, txOctober 19, 2018
basic soldier training, advance training for the job you will preform while in service, training on many other things that could help you out if you keep the certifications up when you get out.
Great for single people.
Food Inspection Specialist (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAOctober 19, 2018
Great if you are single and wanting to get away for a while and maybe start a life time career in the Army. Lots of time taken, be prepared to leave for weeks to live without showers and hot food.
very great branch
Combat Medic/Healthcare Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 18, 2018
depending on what mos you pick the army is very goodf on training you to be the at your job and when you go to the work force you will be put on top of the hireing list
Fast Pace and you will stay till the work is done.
Supply Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WAOctober 18, 2018
Good option if you have no real decent other options. Very high operation tempo. You will spend most of your day at work, typically from 0600 to 1700 daily.
Fair for a quick dollar
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXOctober 18, 2018
Fair place to work if you are looking for a quick dollarbut if you want better management go to a different line of work, great benefits but a horrible work environment
Pros
Everything didn't cost out of pocket
Cons
Management had no idea what they were doing, and when they didn't get their way they threw a hissy fit
Toxic environment
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 18, 2018
Active Army Soldier with 4 years of specialized experience as an Automated Logistical Specialist (92A). I am seeking a challenging profession where I can implement vast expertise, skills and experience of a large-scale of supply principle, concepts and methodologies involving general supply, storage, distribution and inventory specialist
It's the Army...
Captain, Assistant Professor of Military Science (Current Employee) –  ROTCOctober 18, 2018
I wouldn't trade my time in the Army for anything, but it's time for me to move on. I am tired of moving, deploying, and not being valued by senior leaders.
Pros
Culture, chance to lead
Cons
Pay, deployments, bad healthcare, relocation
IT is what you make of it.
Air Defense Battle Management Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 18, 2018
Some days are better than others. Sometimes you wonder what you were thinking when you joined. However bad it got, I wouldn't trade the experience I got for anything. Fond memories.
Very intense but fun workplace
Active Duty (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAOctober 18, 2018
The army is very intense but comes with in beatable benefits. It’s a very fun workplace. There’s lots of team based tasks that get thrown at you. Overall I loved it.
Be All You Can Be
Network Switching Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCOctober 18, 2018
I served 11.5 years in the United States Army, as a Network Switching Systems Operator, a Small Extension Node Team Chief, a Switching Systems Supervisor, and finally, a Section Sergeant in charge of multiple assemblages.

Through my years in the Army, I've jumped out of airplanes, lived in Germany for 3 years, and got to meet some of the best friends I'll ever make.

I was a recruiter. So, I'll just tell you, if you're interested, just go to your nearest Recruiting Center and talk to one of them.
Pros
Job Security, Health Benefits
Cons
Pay
US Army
91A - M1A1 Abrams Tank Systems Maintainer (Former Employee) –  South KoreaOctober 18, 2018
The Army was the best and worst job I've ever had. I didn't intend to leave the Army, but family problems got in the way. It's a good career choice if you have the option. You will always have a job within the Army.
Energetic, busy structured environment
Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WA 98433October 18, 2018
Going into the military was one of the most positive life experiences that I have had. I learned the importance of structure and being a part of a cohesive working unit. Everyone is an important part of a unit. As the company clerk, maintaining personnel records keeps the individual record updated with information that goes to a permanent record. Available to those individuals at any time for promotion, change of duty station, where ever they go their personal record goes with them. It’s very important to document records so the individual receives proper acclaimation of actions and duty responsibility.
Pros
Opportunity for advancement, travel and educational benefits.
Cons
Wished I’d stayed longer.
Good for teaching resopncability
E5 - Sgt (Former Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYOctober 18, 2018
Was great at teaching people responsibility and team work. Got to travel to new and exciting places. Got to meet new people and cultures. Got to engage people in ways you will never get to anywhere else.
Challenging but rewarding
Deputy Division Provost Marshal (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYOctober 18, 2018
Not for everyone - fast paced and no slack for failing to meet a requirement. Must do your job and follow guidelines or advancement will not happen or will happen slow.
Pros
See the world
Cons
Time away from family
If you're thinking about joining, don't...
Decontamination Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXOctober 18, 2018
During my time in the army I enjoyed very little of it. I wouldn't recommend it but I definitely wouldn't trade it in for anything. It was a different kind of experience.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Toxic Leadership, Ntc, Field Exercises, Sharp
loved it but due to discharge had to move on.
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 18, 2018
I enjoyed everyday and wishes I had another chance. I should recommend it to anyone. There is no other country like ours fight for what you believe in
Hard work with a lot of time away from family
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSOctober 18, 2018
I spent 2 of 3 years over seas away from family and friends but I did gain a whole new family out of it. The army has training for many different jobs that can help to gain a well paying job in the future if u decide to go a different route.
Pros
Free meals and housing
Cons
Deployment
Productive Workplace
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAOctober 18, 2018
I like that everyone becomes a family and that you learn a lot while being in the military. My workplace culture is calm and peaceful, the hardest part would have to be just being away from your family during training and deployment.
Best Job I Ever Had
Enlisted Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKOctober 18, 2018
Quite simply, getting through basic is the hardest part of the job. The physical training is hard for those who go in without much prior training, but it was easily the best job I've ever had. Would go for a second go around if I could.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss