U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Found 60,514 reviews matching the search See all 63,970 reviews
Good
US Army (Former Employee) –  Ft polk, LouisianaDecember 15, 2018
The best experience a young man could and should have you meet good friends for life along with life long experience that will never be forgotten every young man should experience it
Pros
Recommended
Cons
Strict
Bitter Sweet
Automated logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Joint Base Lewis McChord, WADecember 15, 2018
A typical day at work is always fast-paced, there's always something that needs to be done. I learned so much coming from this career like the understanding of the supply chain. My management was good and bad at sometimes but it does change frequently. Workplace culture is one of a kind. Everyone becomes close like a second family. Hardest part of the job is having friends leave after their contract ends or going to some place new. Most enjoyable part is learning new things about different people.
Best 1st job you can have
Team leader (Former Employee) –  south koreaDecember 15, 2018
I recommend everyone do at least one contract and fulfill it. Teaches you how to grow up and how to address your superiors, work as a team and reach your goals
Pros
free food and benefits
Cons
away from your family for years sometimes
no comment
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 15, 2018
A career in the Army is still worth it.
Senior Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Richards Gebaur, AFBDecember 15, 2018
The military services is still a good place to retire from.Gave me an opportunity when I finished high school. I am proud to say that I took the opportunity, didn't look back, and 34 years later, I retired.
Pros
Pay and benefits
Cons
Depending on the specialty, promotions tend to stagnate at a certain point
A place to learn a lot!!
U.S. Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WADecember 15, 2018
Military service is a lot like any other job in that there are good days and bad days. I would not trade the experience for anything though. My primary job was that of an unmanned aerial systems technician, but military service introduces service members to the true idea of service!!
Pros
Diverse working environments.
Cons
There is the right way, the wrong way, and the Army way.
Great
Sergeant First Class (E-7) (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GADecember 14, 2018
Good times fun deployments, I have 3 kids in the military now, one is a helicopter mechanic, one is a wheeled mechanic, and the other is in intelligence.
Workplace
Platoon Leader (Current Employee) –  Killeen, TXDecember 14, 2018
Lots of time within the workplace and not enough time for family. You are either in the field or babysitting grown men that should be adults. Babysitting adults should not be a job. You should be able to do your job and leave.
Being all I could Be
Food Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXDecember 14, 2018
Had a great experience was one of the best decisions I ever made. The travel was awesome and the people friendly and willing to help. I got the great opportunity to not only join but to also help recruit others it was absolutely wonderful.
Pros
travel
Cons
leaving
my overall experience
Contractor Specialist (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 14, 2018
My experience was good and like any other job had its bad, but overall the Army taught me a lot of skills. I would recommend anybody joining the army and learning how to work with others, leadership skills, and able to cross train.
Pros
meeting all sorts of peoples from different backgrounds
Cons
you can work bad details sometime. example picking up trash in the housing area
Good Life Experience
Petroleum Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  MultipleDecember 14, 2018
It's the Army. You learn things in places that are very exotic. Your mileage may very. Tax, tag and license extra. See your local freedom salesman for details.
Do not join
Signal Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYDecember 14, 2018
Join the Air Force. You will either have horrible immediate leadership or horrible higher leadership. You will barely get recognition for the hard work you put into the job and if you're not bending over backwards all the time you will not get noticed as a good soldier. Horrible family work balance.
It's the Army
Military Police Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIDecember 14, 2018
The Army is hard-charging. This is a place for you to learn and grow. There are plenty of chances to advance and obtain mentorship. The Army will teach you how to win!
Productive and challenging allowing for personal and professional growth
Human Resource Supervisor (Former Employee) –  many statesDecember 14, 2018
Typical day starting at 630AM and varying between 5PM or later depending on the mission. Very high opt tempo and teamwork to accomplish the intended goals and tasks.
Pros
espirit de corps
Cons
family time
You get what you put into it
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIDecember 14, 2018
A lot of opportunities and advancements within a wide spectrum of job titles. Your career is up to you, minus the occasional toxic supervisor. Leaders dictate pace and training upon location and global issues going on in the world. Right place, right time, right uniform!
Great
Combat Support Hospital (Former Employee) –  Naval Air Station Jacksonville, FLDecember 14, 2018
I loved being in the military. I liked the benefits offered and the discounts that are provided to service members. I also liked the signing bonus too
Productive organized and well-managed
US army 88 Mike (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCDecember 14, 2018
It was a good experience good training and a great life decision learn leadership skills and decision-making learn about different cultures and different types of people quit
Pros
Great pay learning skills meet different people and cultures and learning leadership skills
Cons
management was dishonest
Great job opportunities with medical benefits.
Engineer Platoon Observer/Coach/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LADecember 14, 2018
The overall opportunities offered by our military for personal and professional growth and development, alongside all the benefits make this service to our country worthwhile for all men and woman in the USA.
Productive and very rewarding
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  South KoreaDecember 14, 2018
My time in the Army was full of productive work and meeting different kinds of people. I loved my time in the Army and would recommend people to enlist and join when they can if possible.

PT is good and keeps you conditioned everyday and always keep you ready and fit.
Pros
Free food, housing, travel, pay, benefits
Cons
Depends on the unit if it will be a good time or bad
Productive, challenging, rewarding and fun place to work.
IT Technician / Administrative Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, CODecember 14, 2018
Productive, challenging and fun place to work. Many opportunities to travel, I have seen many places I would not have otherwise seen had I not joined the Army. Career advancement path is given to the lowest to the highest enlisted soldier and is strongly encouraged to follow for career success.
Pros
Productive, challenging, rewarding, lots of travel.
Cons
Can cause stress on family life.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

2.8InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight