U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
It is the military so the job is the job, overall the military is not a bad place to be in but for some, myself included, it is not the end all be all.
It was cool. I got my benefits but I guess just like any other job. If you have bad managers, then your life will be not good People are fun to work with
it sucked. it always sucked. depending on the leadership was depending on how bad it was. honestly if you have no other option i guess the army is for you
There was always a purpose for what we were doing which made the job easier. Can be stressful at times but with the right leadership it isn’t to bad. Great co workers and really feels like your part of a family. Leadership usually has the best interest in mind and will usually always help you if you need it. Great benefits that can really set you up for an easier life when you get out.
Benefits
Cons
Work, home life balance
A great experience with multiple oppurtunites to learn. Management is average: the #1 priority is making executives happy. The workplace culture is rigid and resistant to change.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Loved working for Walter Reed...great individuals and excellent benefits. Great job to be taking care of our soldiers and veterans. I would of stayed longer but it was time to change duty stations
benefits
Cons
training away
Overall my experience with the army has had it’s ups and downs. The environment can be very stressful at times but that is what’s expected when you are in the service. I have met wonderful people so far and have had good leadership throughout my journey.
it's the military, you will either hate it or love it. we are a country that does not require a 2 year service contract like some others. Even though we should. it helps give you a sense of purpose for HS students that have NO clue on what the want to do
Joining the military was the best experience in my life. I had the opportunity to meet great people and to do things I never thought I would be able to do. I would tell any young person who is looking for direction in their lives to join the military.
I am responsible for the morale, health and welfare, accountability of over 250 Service members. Also, I manage the professional development of 110 Non commissioned officers.
benefits
Cons
sacrifice family time
While completing my nursing training in the Army my leadership was encouraging and they cared about my progress. My nursing mentors answered every question I had and gave me helpful tips on studying for both my nursing exams and my NCLEX.
In my current duty station I am able to start on some classes so I can get a good job out side of the Army when my contract is up. I have some leaders that are able to help me and give me time to work on that and even give me time off to take care of myself to get the things I need to get done and I am grateful for them.
Pros
Alot of free time, leaders that help me and able to get free college
Cons
work is sometimes boring
My overall experience has been great. I have been able to move around and see what I like doing. My leadership always supports my move so that I can accomplish my goals.
Radiology job was great, the soldier aspect makes everything else more complicated but aside from that it was great. Enjoyable staff and fellow team members. Can't say the same for the leadership and management.
The various people and skills that come together to complete the project built a great working environment. The ability to learn from various individuals and have input during meetings regardless of status showcased the extraordinary management that most possessed. The hardest part was being away from family for long periods of time. Leading, teaching and mentoring those junior to me and assisting them in their growth was a great bonus for me.
Good Technology. Good Management. Chance to learn new technologies. Good coworkers. Good software technologies used. Sometimes you would feel that there are too many meetings.
With the all inclusive pay and benefits incentive, the major shock will be the culture. Keep your eyes and ears open and your mouth shut. Learn what you can from everyone you meet and you will succeed in all areas.
The provided a lot of benefits and opportunities to further myself in an HR career I appreciate all of the knowledge I obtained in my time in the military and can move on with a skill set
If you want to be treated like a child by grown men your age (and possibly younger), if you enjoy being demoralized on a daily basis, if you enjoy stacks upon stacks of unnecessary paperwork that always seems to come down at the last minute, and power point briefs that have nothing to do with your job, JOIN THE ARMY!
The time i spent in the Army was great i learned a lot! The soldiers were all great the time there was great the pay was good the benefits were great.
Pros
Pay, environment, welcoming, supportive
Cons
Pay compared to the hours worked, not enough personal or family time, work locations usually states away from family
always challenged with bettering yourself, for every one bad apple there is three good ones. Great way to get out and learn about yourself and the world we live in
  1. Employee Reviews