U.S. Army Employee Reviews

Good opportunity
Soldier (Former Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDNovember 18, 2017
I was able to learn a lot of skills and developed faster than my civilian counter parts. Some leaders are better than others, just depends where you go. I was able to get my college education and improve opportunities available to me.
Pros
Good growth and benefits
Cons
Move a lot
Army
Headquarters HR Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 18, 2017
Army was the best choice I made to keep with my career goals. I always supported the military and will continue. I don't have any cons about my service I had with the Army.
Nice place to work
Motor Vehicle Operator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DC 20310November 18, 2017
Learned to work well with others . Very pleasant working environment it makes you want to come to work each day. Good equipment to work with, you have to share with other people but its worth the hassle.
Cavalry Scout
Cavalry Scout (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXNovember 18, 2017
Don't believe everything your recruiter tells you, there are no dirt bikes! If you like long hikes, camping, and blowing stuff up, then this may be the job for you.
Pros
Guns and Explosives
Cons
Push Ups
Productive Day at Work
Automated Logistical Specialist (92A) (Former Employee) –  Various LocationsNovember 18, 2017
A productive day at work for me would be, coming first thing in the morning hitting the Ground running with my coworkers. As well as completing as much of the days work before lunch, so after lunch all we have o worry about is customer requests. Also, putting a smile on all of our customers face, knowing they could count on my section.
Pros
Reasonable Hours
Cons
Not being paid the proper amount for workload
Loved it!
Army (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKNovember 18, 2017
I was Infantry so I didn't have a regular day or hours and training was always going but I loved it all. Had to get out due to getting hurt and almost losing leg.
The military is what you make of it. You can advance or be comfortable the position where you start
Supply Specialist (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 18, 2017
It could be anything on a given day from balanced to quick-paced to stressful. It all depends on the situation at the time. You work regular hours at times but a day can get longer. The pay and benefits are goo. The Army has a great support group for family members. It can get lonely on field missions or deployments. Overall it a place to start if you want to do something for yourself, family and the country.
Pros
Pay, Benefits And Travel
Cons
Long work hours and deployments for family members
Enjoyed a very exciting career!
Combat Paramedic (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 17, 2017
I had an illustrious career with the military for 22 years. I’m now ready for the next chapter of my life to begin. I served in 2 branches and served in 5 combat zones.
High stress, fast pasted, dangerous
Mid-Level Management & Direct Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bliss, TXNovember 17, 2017
This is a job where at times different tasks are coming at you very fast and from multiple directions. You must be knowledgeable about your position and capable of teaching it to other. There are times where you will sit around and wait for instructions to come down from higher ranking officials. You will be gone from home for very long periods of time. You do get to meet a lot of people with divers backgrounds and learn a lot about other cultures. Must be able to take orders and complete tasks in an efficient manner.
N/a
System Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 17, 2017
Ive learned a lot being in the military. It taught me if i wanted something then I had to fight for it and get it by any means. Being told no was just the beginning.
Proud to have the opportunity to serve
CEO/Commander (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 17, 2017
I served in the US Army for almost 30 years. It was an exceptional experience which provided me a number of great opportunities. There was opportunity for personal and professional growth and I grateful for the experience.
The US Army is a very rewarding career
OPERATIONS MANAGER [OPERATIONS SERGEANT MAJOR] (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 17, 2017
I served over 27 years in the military. The pace was fast and competitive. I learned leadership and accountability for my actions through military service.
Pros
Service to the Nation
Cons
Separation from your family
rewarding life process
All-Wheeled Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 17, 2017
The only reason I left the military is that it got to political for me and it was time for a change. I would definitely suggest it to anyone who needs help with what direction to go
Fun people to work with
INTERN, CENTER (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VANovember 17, 2017
The people in the office were really supportive of each other and are really genuine people. I worked with civilians for most of the time, but every now and then I would sit in on special meetings and/or ceremonies. Amazing opportunity.
Energized and enthusiastic Army Life
Nutrition Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GANovember 17, 2017
There are no typical work days. There is not one day that is the same as the other. You learn each day from different interactions and encounters with different people with different personalities. There are too many things to list what I have learned. If one thing you learn how to work as a team with the teams goal to accomplish. Hardest part of the job is being away from my family. The most enjoyable part of my job is mentoring and leading young Soldier's.
Pros
Leadership, role model, mentoring
Cons
Time away from family
love it
Supply Chain Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ft. Knox, KYNovember 17, 2017
the culture and life style in the Army is amazing if i could i would go back into the Army i miss it so much i never felt a bond like that with co-workers it was more of a family
Pros
brotherhood for a life time
Cons
you have to retire
Overall Good Place To Work
Control Point Node Team Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZNovember 17, 2017
The military has its ups and downs. It entails long days and sometimes being away for long periods of time. It does have good benefits and and keeps a roof over yours families head and the ability to advance.
Very rewarding job
Quality Assurance Officer (Current Employee) –  Fort Knox, KYNovember 17, 2017
The military was a great option for me. I spent 37 years working for the US Army. It was extremely rewarding! There's a lot of opportunity for advancement and many educational benefits. You also have a great retirement program with many benefits.
Pros
Great pay, great benefits, get to see the world
Great place to know yourself
Infantry Platoon Sergeant (Former Employee) –  United StatesNovember 17, 2017
I recommend the Army for all young people to join. It is a great place to learn just who you are and become the best you can be. The pride in your unit, no matter where you were is high.
Pros
Everyone was great to work with
Cons
Away from home often
Awesome locations
Veterinary Food Inspection Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norfolk, VANovember 17, 2017
Loved traveling around the world and all the diverse cultures we encountered. Loved that we moved every 3 years and had housing available to us where ever we were relocated.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
24/7 soldier so anything goes.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4