U.S. Army Employee Reviews

21.1K
Found 56,312 reviews matching the search See all 59,494 reviews
As good as you make it
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAAugust 18, 2018
At minimum you will work approximately 12 hours a day and sometimes work 24 hours for special duties.

If you have a family, be prepared to be taken away a lot due to training and various other mission requirements.

You do get to meet a variety of people and learn a whole lot of new and interesting things.

Ultimately it comes down to how you make it and if you are willing to deal with a lot of uncertainty and last minute changes.
Very strict not for everyone
Signal Support Systems Specialist (25U) (Current Employee) –  OregonAugust 18, 2018
I do enjoy the army and I have been in for three years now however the monthly drills sometimes make it stressful for my schedule at work with having to accommodate to it
Benefits
Cons
Tolerating mistreatment
Changed my life.
Specialist (E4) (Former Employee) –  McChord AFB, WAAugust 17, 2018
A great experience and got to serve my country. It was an honor working with some of the most dedicated and loyal people on this planet. The culture is that of a typical military installation with focus on combat readiness and adherence to military standards. Overall it helped shape me into the man I am today.
Employment Experience
14E Patriot Fire Control (Former Employee) –  Ft. Sill OKAugust 17, 2018
The U.S. ARMY is absolutely a great place to grow but don't expect much. The leadership is absolutely terrible in most places of the ARMY. If you're looking for discipline its a great option, to get your life on track from a mess, sure. But until they clean house of leadership for the army i can not recommend it to anyone.
Cons
Low Pay, Long Hours, Poor Leadership
very straight forward
Private First Class (PFC) (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COAugust 17, 2018
A typical day at work begins with PT at 6 am. It taught me to hold myself accountable, how to be a leader, and above all it taught me self discipline.
Army
Drivers Training Instructor (Former Employee) –  South Korea, Camp Howze.August 17, 2018
I was in the Army for 21 years. Those were the best years of my life. I wouldn't trade them for anything. Nothing like the brotherhood of your fellow soldiers.
Pros
Having people to watch your back.
Cons
Seperation from family
Seasonal Laborer (Civilian) (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJAugust 17, 2018
I was a civilian employee of the US Army. They maintain high standards and ensure the proper training and support is in place for Reservists. Continuing education programs were exceptional.
US Army is something everyone should experience
Public Affairs Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCAugust 17, 2018
Depending on one's job and outlook, the military can be a wonderful and exciting experience. Or, it can be a miserable obligation that drags on eternally. Fortunately I liked my job and the adventure that went with it.
Pros
Travel and adventure
Cons
Low pay, commitment
It was OK
Senior Section Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COAugust 17, 2018
I had a great time working with the United States ARMY when I did, I have suffer injuries and a lot of other personal issues that I have overcome but overall it was OK
Military Police
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Fort Eustis, VAAugust 17, 2018
Stressful, long hours with bad management, but the benefits out way that. Just do what you are told, stay in shape and take it one day at a time. I recommend using it as a stepping stone to building a future.
Stressful but rewarding.
INFANTRYMAN (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYAugust 17, 2018
Army will push you past what you think you're capable of. Its up to you to do the rest. It is what you make of it. If you have the right attitude and work ethic, you will survive.
Pros
Experiences you wouldn't get anywhere else.
Cons
Experiences you would only get in the Army.
Unit Supply Specialist (92Y) (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 17, 2018
The best decision I could have ever made in my life. The military prepared me for a different type of understanding in and outside of our society. The skills that I have gathered being an American soldier are priceless.
Fast paced and exciting enviroment
Fire Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAAugust 17, 2018
Not for the feint of heart, fast paced work environment as well as physically and mentally challenging. However very rewarding and the ability to meet friends that will last a life time.
US Army is awesome!
Scout Section Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 17, 2018
I loved the military. I wish they paid more. You can travel and have lots of fun. Watch out for the crazy people. There is so many jobs in the military that you can do.
Pros
Lots of opportunity
Cons
Pay is low
Dedicated
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  everywhereAugust 17, 2018
I loved my time in the army, i miss it everyday, i spent 8 years in and got alot of life experience, i do not regret it at all, but it was time for me to give my time to my family
Army
Telecommunications Specialist (Former Employee) –  Different PlacesAugust 17, 2018
I spent 14 an a half year in the army and I was in telecommunication field and it was a great place to work at times it had it's ups and downs and beleave it or not I enjoyed it when I was in combat
The US Army can give you the confidence you need to succeed in life.
Operations Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKAugust 17, 2018
The US Army has given me the opportunity to see fare away places. It has provided my family with a great stucture and made it possible for us to grow and become better members of the community. I would do it all again if I could.
Nepotisim is like a nothing I have ever seen
Industrial Base Operations, Management Analyst (Current Employee) –  Herlong, CA 96113August 17, 2018
Job was easy, but you won't get anywhere if your not related to certain people on the base.
4 day work week
Horrible commute
Culture is all about who is who
Pros
4 day work week
Cons
Everything else
Good experience
Military Police (Former Employee) –  Fort Dix, NJAugust 17, 2018
Not for every on but is a great life learning experience and a stepping stone to a future. Has many benefits and a lot of hardships but there is a family there to help.
Pros
life experience
Amazing experience
Food Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bragg, NCAugust 17, 2018
Serving the country was an amazing experience. Some days the hours were long and others they were short, all dependent on what the chain of command ordered.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U.S. Army.

Powered by Comparably