U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews in Fort Bliss, TX

Found 2,308 reviews matching the search
Hardwork. Worth it.
Most people walk away from the military disgruntled. I walked away disgruntled at first. But looking back i was given more experience than i could have asked for. I was able to perform multiple jobs and positions in the 9 years i served. I was given valuable lessons on discipline, respect, teamwork, dedication, and commitment. It's hard work. But it was worth every push-up.
You get out what you put in
Your experience with the Army depends on what you are willing to put into it. If you don't do anything but complain then the Army wont help you better yourself. If you are willing to put effort into developing your workplace, your co-workers, and yourself then the Army will help you in not only continuing your military education but also allow you the opportunity to further your civilian education.
Pros
Most weekends, and holidays off, You meet some great people and learn from the not so great, Plenty of opportunity to develop
Cons
Benefits only go so far, Long hours, Spend a lot of time away from family, Hazardous to your body
No comment
The Army is what you make of it. If your join for the wrong reasons, you are going to have a bad time. Do a lot of research before you choose a job. Dont let the recruiters lie and pressure you into picking a job.
A great experience overall, but some units are better than others
I enjoyed my time in the Army; 7 years flew by. There is such a wide variety of units, experiences, and jobs, that I was never bored. What made me decide to get out was 1) spending 67% of my time deployed, and even more in the field training, away from family 2) a pendulum swing as different talent levels would enter and exit units; it's rewarding to work for a good commander, but a challenge when the commander isn't the best.
Productive and efficient workplace to advance all aspects of our work.
Physical training in the morning kept up with the demands of the daily activities. Inventory management and process of all non serviceable equipment.
Pros
Medical and Dental Benefits
Cons
Overseas work
Share your experience
Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.
My Experience
My overall experience doing four years in the military was good. I had the opportunity to deploy and the only reason I left the military was because I had a baby and did not want to risk the chance of deploying again so soon. I would honestly consider the option of re-enlisting because I miss the job security, free healthcare, and time off.
good place to grow
it is a chance to do the heroic activities and feel proud. Working in army is very interesting and loving job. In army, everyone learn , how to accomplish task in dynamic, and fast- paced environment and Manage risk upon multiple lines to protect assets and team.
Great Place to work and serve your country.
During my 3 years in the Army I have learned a lot and made lifelong friends from around the world. During your service and after there will be several career advancement options.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Army?
Making it work
Remember when you raise your hand... no one body forces you to do so. Great benefits and training. Make the most of contract you signed up for and take night classes to get ahead of your peers.
good benifits
it had good benefits. there is very long hours. it helps you be resilient and trains you how to handle stressful environments. it also teaches discipline.
I enjoyed my time in the military
I enjoyed my time in the military and earned amazing leadership skills while serving. I obtained great benefits that are still helping me to this day with my education
It's what you make of it
In my personal experience it was pretty stressing with time crunches and lack of communication, but it gave me knowledge to make a career from what i learned. It's not the best job in the world, but it was a decent start.
Teamwork
It is what you make it to be. There are lots of opportunities with this organization. You just have to stay disciplined to your craft and output. The stronger work ethic you have, the better your advancement.
Pros
Great opportunity
Teamwork and Highly rewarding
Your everyday life is filled with knowledge, there is always something that you can do or learn. Everything you do contributes to building you to becoming a better leader to new recruits. The environment that you are usually surrounded by trains you to be ready for the real-world events. Such as being ready to defend your country regardless of it being in water, sand, dirt, rain, storm, heat, etc. I believe that the hardest part about this job is being away from family and friends for a long period of time.
11 years
did my time and got out, had a great time and did some cool stuff but its not completely worth joining. multiple deployments and rotations makes family time non existent
Great
The Army has been tough and great at the same time. I learned to led and train a group of soldiers to be proficient in there drills and tasks. I learned how to build character and develop leadership.
Army
The Army is not a place for someone who wants to be in charge of their own time. I loved the army but after 21 years I retired because I could never plan a vacation a year out, I was hardly able to be at any of my kids’ school functions because of the many meetings and formations or leaders who had no kids or older kids that did not care to let anyone go to their kid’s games or assemblies at school etc. I can say that the army treating me so good as far as taking care of me and my family. We had a really small amount of money deducted from our pay every month to cover health care and dental and it was amazing because we could go to the doctor 50 times a day for free, from sore throats to toe stubs and broken arms or legs, it didn’t matter.
The army also enabled me to earn three degrees because they paid for it. It was completely free, except when I got my Master’s but I only had to pay a couple of hundred to cover the difference of what the army did not cover. I was also able to transfer my GI BILL benefits over to my kids for them to go to school for free and they even got extra money too because I chose a school that participated in the Yellow Ribbon program.

The other amazing thing about the army is they send you many places in and outside of the United States so if you have never been anywhere but your neighborhood, you will love it because you will travel. The only bad thing about it is you may get stationed somewhere and end up having to stay there between 2-3 years. Germany is usually 2 years with just you but 4 years if you take your kids and spouse for example.
 - more...
Pros
Free college tuition, great housing, good money for beginners, and good travel opportunities
Cons
you may have vacations and are limited in many cases on when you can go or how long
Great Career
Great experience for someone who just graduated school. Healthcare/Dental is included. 30 days of paid leave every 365 days. You acrue 2.5 days of leave a month.
Pros
healthcare
Cons
Current world climate
Who wouldn't join
The Army is more then a job, it's a lifestyle. I highly encourage anyone who feels a need to join the military to go for it, it will benefit you greatly from the experience alone
Pros
Army benifits
Cons
Long and confusing hours
productive but time consuming
team work is phenomenal, culture is amazing, I loved being in the army until I got pushed out. Management differs depending on location. Takes up a lot of your time and it takes a particular kind of mindset to make it a career.
benefits
Cons
itis your whole life
Amazing place to have a carreer
Every experience is different. You get out what you decide to put in. Definitely looks great on a resume. It's more of of a lifestyle than it is an actual job.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.
40K
Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.