U.S. Army Employee Reviews for Human Resources Specialist

Great
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Chicopee, MAApril 20, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed serving my country in the United States military and would do it all over again if I had the opportunity. I am very upset that my contract ended.
producive and fun place to work
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  DelawareApril 17, 2018
conduct physical activities followed by managing personnel. Furthermore running documentation to the financial department and assuring benefits and pay was accurate
Human Resource Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COApril 14, 2018
Very family Oriented
Learned how to manage time. Also how to be a human resource specialist.
Enjoyed the people and exploring outside of the country.
Great place.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  OklahomaApril 14, 2018
overall great place to work. Meet cool and interesting people. Learn a good career job and learn international dealings. Constant change of work place and opportunity to make a lot of money.
Army Strong
HUMAN RESOURCE/RECRUITER (Former Employee) –  various locationsApril 12, 2018
Great place to start a career. The money, training, travel is "second to none" . I would highly recommend the Army, if you're coming straight out of high school or want to start a new career
Good Life Lessons
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDApril 12, 2018
A typical day for me would be packed with work, my position was very hectic but fulfilling. I had work constantly as being in HR / Finance people were always in need of my assistance.
Pros
Constant work, and camaraderie
Cons
The Army moves people every so often.
Great place to work easy to advance
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYApril 9, 2018
I would recommend to anyone who is willing to work hard, meet new people and is always willing to help and be ready at a moments notice. great way to build friendships and advance in your career.
Pros
health insurance guarenteed pay
Cons
hard on the body
Provides ample opportunities
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Leonard Wood, MOApril 8, 2018
Allows Soldiers job advancement and learning opportunities. Teaches individuals hard work, dedication, leadership, and many different skills based on the position.
Day to Day
Human Resource Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYApril 5, 2018
Developed and designed an ‘MS Access’ database to track ‘Official Military Promotion Files’. This
system allowed for monthly 100% accountability and it was set to be conducted within a one-day period
Evaluated up to 5,000 service members’ eligibility for promotion and generated monthly reports and
statistics for the division
Processed and assisted with a large body of personnel, casualty documents and actively participated in
preparing the movement for ‘Operation Enduring Freedom’ and Operation Iraqi Freedom
Supervised and trained a four-member team in administrative procedures, allowing operations to
continue without any unforeseen interruptions
United States Army
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 5, 2018
The Army isn't for someone who cannot handle criticism or doesn't have think skin. You have to be able to handle being told what to do. Also, be prepared not to see your family as much.
Pros
Free school and health benefits
Cons
time away from family, medical care
An interesting and produtive place to work
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Jackson, SCApril 4, 2018
An interesting and produtive place to work . A very straight forward and sometimes demanding career. Must be a team player and physically fit . Must pay attention to detail.
Very cut throat
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesApril 3, 2018
It's the military you did what was told and completed tasks that needed to be done. There is never a dull day and there is always something to do. The leave time you get is decent.
Give it a try
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIApril 2, 2018
May or may not be for you, everyone is different. If you think your up for the challenge give it a try, doesn't hurt to try at all. If you don't like it, you can just serve your initial contract and then ETS. At least you served your country.
Bittersweet Time
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 28, 2018
Joining the Army will never be a choice I regret, but it was also one of the hardest experiences I will ever go through. Long work hours, being away from family, the deployment, the environment, the toxic people. Needless to say, there are also many reasons why I am happy about getting out.
Pros
Healthcare benefits, Education benefits
Cons
Sub par healthcare, long hours, lousy pay, toxic leadership
The army.
Human Resources Specialist (42A) (Former Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSMarch 28, 2018
start our mornings at 5am with PT and shower then go to work. for me I worked in an office for human resources. which means taking care of soldiers needs and requests. the management in my office didn't seem to have it together being that the management was new to office work. the hardest part of the job came from having to deal with what the management requested from us knowing that what they were doing was the wrong way to do it.
Pros
military benifits
Cons
lack of leadership
Great Work Environment
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAMarch 23, 2018
Honestly joining the army was one of the best decisions of my life, you meet and interact with people from all walks of life. I would encourage anyone contemplating on joining to do so.
Pros
experience
Cons
time away from family
Good Job for anyone
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaMarch 22, 2018
This job is a good job for anyone in most circumstance's. It gives amazing benefits and a lot of pay. It gives free college, bonuses, and pays for home /family.
It's Not All About Fighting and War
Human Resource Specialist, E-1 (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 22, 2018
Plenty of jobs available and great leadership. Fast track opportunities everywhere and an abundance of benefits that open the door to bettering yourself. I recommend everyone look into the military
Productive workplace
Human Resources Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAMarch 21, 2018
You are just as important as the next Soldier no matter what your job is. There is a time and place for each job. Make sure you get as much training and experience as possible in both your job and basic combat skills.
Take as many military and colleges classes as possible.
Pros
You can travel the world.
Cons
Extremely long work hours. Sometimes includes weekends.
Eh.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCMarch 20, 2018
Oh the military is the military nothing more nothing less................I have no desire to get back in. Not now, not ever ever e er ever ever ever ever

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4
531.8K
415.6K
36K

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

66out of 100

The Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U.S. Army.