U.S. Army Employee Reviews for Human Resources Specialist

Found 1,323 reviews matching the search See all 60,485 reviews
challenging but rewarding
42A Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXSeptember 20, 2018
my overall experience is one that is very different based on the different units that I was in. I feel like the Army values were not followed, and the standards were not upheld across the board. Also there is a culture of secrecy that promotes and makes it easy for people to sexually harass and abuse, discriminate and haze.
Human Service Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKSeptember 19, 2018
Its a lifestyle. You gain everything you need to know to get through life. A family and career all in one. Loyalty honor integrity are some of the core values that I still use today.
Pros
Dental and medical benefits
Cons
24/7 job
Summary
Human Resources Sergeant, Joint Base Lewis (Current Employee) –  McChord AFB, WASeptember 19, 2018
What can you say about the US Army? You know you'll always have a job if you want it. 3 squares a day. a paycheck twice a month. And you get paid to exercise.
Army
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COSeptember 18, 2018
Deployments are awesome. The best thing you can do is deploy if you are afraid to go into a war zone don't be just do it and you will be glad you did. DEPLOY EVRY CHANCE YOU GET!!!!
Hard work
HUMAN RESOURCES SERGEANT (Former Employee) –  Mount Clemens, MISeptember 16, 2018
Working with the Army reserves was not always easy work. I was put in a position that was supposed to go to a higher ranking sergeant. I was responsible for a number of soldiers and their wellbeing. The word culture with my unit was amazing. I learned a lot of great life lessons.
Pros
Work culture
Life Changing
Human Resources Specialist (42A) (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GASeptember 16, 2018
Hard work but amazing memories. I will cherish them forever. I enjoyed traveling the world and meeting new people. Your battle buddies will be family forever. Great benefits of course. Great pay as well. Just know that in the Army you are strong and professional. Not a super human so listen to your body and keep ALL of your medical documents. You will need them. Thank me later.
Pros
Career Family, Traveling, Benefits, Pay
Cons
Deployments
Excellent place to grow as a man and person
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 14, 2018
I, very much, enjoyed my time I'm the Army and if I could turn back time, I'd do it all over again. The people you meet, the places and countries you visit, and the memories made it all worthwhile.
Pros
3 free meals a day, free healthcare
Cons
A lot of time spent away from family depending on your MOS.
I learned my job
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Bliss, TXSeptember 14, 2018
But with the poor leadership and lack of discipline it's hard to do it the best of your abilities. I defied the odds and actually had an excellent experience working with over 1200 soldiers daily, I had an opportunity to impact them in more ways than one.
US Army
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYSeptember 14, 2018
The US Army was job that I will never forget. While in the Army they encourage you to continue your education and stay fit. I also meet some very nice people from all over the world that have become dear friends.
Resourceful and Accomodating Workplace
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 14, 2018
Training was knowledgeable and difficulty varied with the climate. Working conditions weren't pleasant but necessary for training purposes to prepare future soldiers.
needs work
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen Proving Ground, MDSeptember 13, 2018
Morale was low and leadership was toxic, Although health care was free it was frowned upon to make and go to appointments for yourself. They don't believe in family first only mission
Great Opportunity for People Starting out in Life
Human Resources Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Benning, GASeptember 13, 2018
The Army will give you the opportunity to develop careers along side offering opportunities of employment to those who qualify. The requirements can be demanding.
army
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 12, 2018
the military doesn't time manage well. its hard to maintain a home/personal life and still manage work without the military being so involved. i wouldnt tell anyone to join
Life in a day at work
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Rucker, ALSeptember 10, 2018
Tracking & Projecting everything that goes on within the company is a typical day at work. Also, having to brief it to your bosses.
I learned the many different Microsoft programs which I use on the daily. I know the significance of peoples social security numbers and other PII.
I solely manage 120 personnel and their files. I review all paper work before I send it to my bosses for review.
My workplace is diverse whether I speak on culture, ethnicity or race. Everyone gets along and I can say that it is a very enjoyable atmosphere.
The hardest part about my job is having to maintain a big capacity of work by myself, even though I enjoy the experience I do not have the help that I could use.
The most enjoyable part of my job is definitely being able to go home at the end of the week knowing all my work was completed, and stress is non-existent.
Pros
Hour and a half lunch with weekends off. Healthcare
Army
Human Resources (HR) Specialist / Training Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COSeptember 7, 2018
Made me a strong leader and more organized. Being able to adapt under stress and not the best conditions. It made me appreciate the little things in life.
Day to day.
Human resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYSeptember 3, 2018
Everyday there is a Platoon meeting,then the troops start PT at 7:am to 8:30 am.9 am is the the start of the work day.Everyday is the same day to day,but once in awhile there is a chance of a lifetime.Travel to Panama or go Airbourne ranger school.
Pros
Free travel
Cons
If you need Jag to help you, well they refuse to help you over civil disputes.
Workplace
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 2, 2018
The work place was very different but yet you had to have tough skin to get through it. I had a lot of great leadership and I had a lot of poor leadership to but I stuck it out to the end.
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaAugust 30, 2018
Best decision I've ever made. It has set me up for success. If considering joining, I'd wait until after this administration period. nothing follows
Productive workplace
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  NationwideAugust 28, 2018
It was a fast paced environment, working along side hard working individuals who dedicated themselves to the country. Enlisting the Army was life changing.
financially stability and educational advancement
Human Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 25, 2018
The army was a great way to advance yourself in career, provide financial stability and educational advancement. I met my husband in the army and have 5 wonderful children.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4
534.5K
417.2K
36.8K
21.2K

Diversity score

66out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U.S. Army.

Powered by Comparably