U.S. Army Employee Reviews for Infantryman

416.6K
36.4K
21.1K
Found 2,548 reviews matching the search See all 58,546 reviews
Early Wake up, late release and you might work holidays
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXJuly 19, 2018
wake up early, workout, release from work changes daily and you wont see your family everyday. Great benefits great co workers. Leadership experience and ability can depend.
Pros
Benefits, coworkers, job security
Cons
lon days, early starts, long periods of not seeing loved ones
The Army was a great stepping stone
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 19, 2018
The Army was a great way to receive much needed well rounded experience for applying to jobs in almost any desired field. It provided me with leadership and management skills, not just for people but time management as well.
Pros
medical was covered
Cons
being away from my family so much
Love to serve
Infantryman Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Winona, MNJuly 18, 2018
Excellent organization, albeit based on those working around you. I've made some of my best friends in the military, and had some of the most fun in my life.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Interference with schedule.
It’s the military
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJuly 18, 2018
Military is a big choice and a decision to think about. I enjoyed my service but it’s a adjustment and can be very hard to handle. But I recommend everyone join and give back to their country
Not much to say
Infantryman/Sniper (Former Employee) –  Soldier, IAJuly 18, 2018
Not much to say really. It was the army. No matter what you think you expect you’re gonna get something different. Was a very easy but very controlled lifestyle
outstanding experience
11B Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Coamo Municipio, PRJuly 18, 2018
Great experience, a lot of knowledge and excellent team work. Leaders teach everything they know. There is a lot of promotion opportunities, you have an assigned, position but you do a little bit of everything.
Pros
fast paced environment, different task every day and great paid
Cons
you have to e away from family for long periods of time
Loved it
Infantryman Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 17, 2018
Loved every minute of it. Being overseas was the best part minus of course fighting for freedom. Would love to go back but started a new chapter in my life.
Oh to be young again
Infantryman / Intel Specialist (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJuly 16, 2018
I would definitely recommend every person coming out of high school to enlist for one term in the military. It teaches you how to be an adult and sets you up for your future in the work force.
Military
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Ft. Drum, NYJuly 16, 2018
The army is a great place to work. it is highly stressful and a lot of time is spent away from loved ones, but the payoff is well worth it. Not only do you get paid well with great benefits, you also have a great deal of pride being a member of the service.
Pros
health care
Cons
time away from family
Hard but really good experience
Infantry Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Schofield Barracks, HIJuly 16, 2018
Army is all about discipline and how to lead people. I enjoyed working there because we go to places that other people cannot go. Learning different culture and making a difference to the world.
Pros
Discipline, leadership, motivation
Cons
Long hours of working, physically demanding
Mismanaged
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJuly 16, 2018
PROS:
-Great benefits
-Learn new skills
-Test yourself
-Serve your country

CONS:
-Breaks down your body
-Work 12+ hours a day
-Leaders often incompetent
-Everything poorly managed
Enjoyed my time in the arm and had many positive experience I'll never forget.
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 13, 2018
My military experience thought me a lot about myself and the world. Meet some of the best people, which is the true strength of this nation. Built bonds that cannot be broke.
efficient
Infantryman (Current Employee) –  Lewis McChord, WAJuly 12, 2018
the army was all about being efficient which in some cases was a good thing but in others it seemed like they would care more about the task at hand rather than the men they are doing the task with.
The army is a great place to work at
11B, Infantryman, Private First Class (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 12, 2018
You get everything you need in the the army from great training to good life experience, medical, dental, decent pay overall if you can do it you should.
Pros
Free college
Cons
Time away from family
Everyone should serve
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Richardson, AKJuly 12, 2018
Serving in the military has been my proudest moment in my life. I feel everyone should serve their country. I learned more skills and had more life experiences than I would get from anywhere else.
Many different life oppurtunities
Infantryman (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaJuly 11, 2018
I loved being in the Army learned many different aspect of reality and developed many different values which many don’t develop on their own. Learned the importance of communication and the value of team work and selfless-ness.
Pros
Brings out many values
Intense
Infantryman/rifleman (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 10, 2018
I was an infantryman in the US Army and I loved it. But they treat you like garbage. You are ultimately the worst there is of anyone ever. You are away from your home 90% of the time, but that is expected because it's what you sign up for. The people were amazing and I miss all of them. But with the amount of work put in, and the constant overweighing on your body, you break easy. I did, but I think I am just fragile. Either way, I wouldn't recommend doing this job if you are not at all built for it. Some are, and some aren't. If you do join, be ready for the intensity.
Infantry
Infantryman/Paratrooper -Team Leader (Former Employee) –  South KoreaJuly 9, 2018
Is not a job for everyone. You have to almost think of it as a police officer for the country. You experience a lot of bad things but yet a lot of good comes from it
Pros
See the world
Cons
away from family
Great Orginization
Infantry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJuly 9, 2018
If you have not ever joined the military I reccomend that you do. everyone needs to experience the military in life if they are physically able to perfom the duties
I recommend signing up!
Infantry Trainee (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJuly 9, 2018
Basic Training: Yes you will be yelled at and treated like dirt. But it is all just a big mind game. The Drill Sergeants are there to break you and build you back up. Not be your friend unless there is a real serious problem. It may seem like they hate you, but its just an act. Just do what you're told and try your best on everything. Overtime they will see how hard you work and commend you for it.
Prepare to get wet and dirty. Its gonna happen. It will be hot, it will be cold. Some days will be harder then others but you will get that anywhere you work. As for the other recruits, you're gonna make friends and enemies. You WILL meet people that are just scum. More likely then not, you will get into scuffles/fights. Its gonna happen. Oh and be prepared to get sick. That WILL happen too.
Before you join, I HIGHLY recommend you work on running long distance, pushups and situps. More so running. You will do a lot of it. Trust me, if you don't workout prior to basic, you will struggle.
Oh and if you have a fear of bugs/spiders..BIG spiders. I don't recommend joining. The last remaining couple of weeks at basic, you will be living out of a rucksack in the woods. I didn't see any snakes but spiders? Ohhh yaa. Big ugly ones too. Need to watch out because some of them are poisonous and you need to go to the hospital right away.
Pros
An experience you wont get anywhere else
Cons
Other recruits, terrible pay