U.S. Army Employee Reviews for Logistics Specialist

Found 1,250 reviews matching the search See all 58,374 reviews
Good work experience
(92A) Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COJuly 12, 2018
As far as work place and environment went, it is what you made of it. Starting your day with a positive attitude made all the difference. Your going to have bad days and good days. As they say in the Army "Drink Water, Drive On"!
busy/stressful
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 11, 2018
You are working 90% of the time even when you have nothing to do they will find you something to do. EX: Clean buildings, paint walls, cut grass etc etc. I learned how to lead by example. Keep pushing no matter what. And that you can literally do anything you put your mind to. The hardest part of the job for me were some of the physical training such as 12 mile ruck marches with 35lbs on my back beings tho I'm only 102lbs. The most enjoyable part was meeting people all around the world and building a brother/sisterhood knowing that no matter where you go in life you will always have family.
benefits
Cons
benefits wasn't really worth it
Great Brother/Sisterhood
Automated Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXJuly 11, 2018
I met amazing brothers and sisters while serving alongside my country. It was an honor to stand beside some amazing individuals while serving my contract.
Productive and Fast pased
Medical Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Virgin IslandsJune 29, 2018
A typical day consisted of inventories and managing current and future operation and how to best support those needs through acquisitions and planning.
Pros
Flexible work hours as long as tasks are completed
Cons
Last minute external request. Not enough time to execute
Fast paced and exciting
Medical Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 28, 2018
My time in the US Army was positive overall. It’s not for everyone, but the benefits are fantastic. The military offers a unique opportunity for young men and women to serve their country.
Exciting job to have.
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Huachuca, AZJune 28, 2018
Being in the US Army can be very exciting, but also stressful at times. Plenty of opportunities to travel around the world and see knew cultures while serving your country. Plenty of opportunities to further your education no matter where you are stationed around the world. The US Army also has a wide range of MOSs (jobs) to choose from and be trained in for free.
Try it out
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJune 28, 2018
Great experience. If you would love to serve your country it is the right job for you. You will meet a lot of people and make a lot of friends who in the future you will have to fight and go to war with. Goodluck!
N/a
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Lewis, WAJune 26, 2018
The work day was long and disorganized. leadership was terrible and lunch was a hour break. I worked in the warehouse in the Army which was a laid back position.
Not so bad, just keep your head up
Automated Logistical Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Riley, KSJune 23, 2018
It really just depends on where you are stationed, and who your leadership is. You'll make friends regardless. You'll have good times and bad times but depending on what the leadership is what determines how your day will end up.
Country first
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  TexasJune 23, 2018
It was an honor to serve my country and today I'm happy that my country serves me back. I encourage anyone to do what I did and embrace the army cores values.
Productive and disciplined work environment
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Polk, LAJune 23, 2018
ke up at 5:50, shave and eat something.

Leave house at 6:15 because living on post and it's a 3 min commute.

PT from 6:30 to 7:30, head home and wake up the wife, if I'm lucky, get lucky. Spend some time with the kids and get them up and dressed.

Leave house at 8:45, work 9-17.

About 40% of the time I get a normal 1130 to 1300 lunch. Other times it's a short run to grab something and come back.

About 20% of the time I'll work late, but never until after 1830 as of yet at this duty station.

Haven't worked a weekend (except once for staff duty) in the last 6 months.

Normally get at least one 4 day weekend per quarter. Leave is almost never restricted to block leave dates and I've never gotten leave denied if submitted a month in advance.

Usually go to the field for 2 weeks at a time about once a quarter.
Pros
Free lunch, pad off time
Cons
Long hours, physical
Relaxed fast paces
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 18, 2018
Fast pace place where you are required to think fast on your feet and if given a task must be able to execute quickly and proficiently. You also have to be able to multi task and be flexible and cross trained in a lot of different areas.
Logistic Specialist
Automated Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Ft. Bliss, TXJune 18, 2018
I was a logistic specialist and requife to do physical training from 5-6 a,m. I went to work from 9-5:30 p.m. My job duties existed in a warehouse and majority of stocking and shipping.
Pros
Review
Cons
Stocking
Fast paced environment
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Wainwright, AKJune 16, 2018
A typical day at work varies. Some days are easy; some days are extremely long and hard. One the biggest things I learned in the Army was how to adapt.
Pros
Security, Education, Travel
Cons
Extended time from home
Fun working environment
Team Leader-Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Drum, NYJune 15, 2018
Typical work day begins working out, then the work day begins shortly after that. As the team leader in my section, daily inventories are conducted and the GCSS-Army computer system boots up. Customer orders are printed.
Pros
Paid leave Vacation
Cons
working excessive overtime hours
Networking
Logistical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lawton, OKJune 14, 2018
I enjoyed the Army and was sad when I had to leave. I had the opportunity to meet people all around the world. Also good source for networking and social life.
Pros
low healthcare cost
Cons
some long nights away from family
I love the Army
E-4/SPC Automated Logistic Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, GAJune 12, 2018
A typical day at work is doing supply chain management. I learned that I have a lot of patience. Management was really good. My management was staffed with Captains and Majors. The workplace culture was a mixture of all nationalities. The hardest part of the job was leaving work because it was so much fun. The enjoyable part was management paid for everything we wanted.
Pros
Everything was good
Cons
No cons
Building blocks for sucess
Automated Logistical Specialist Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYJune 7, 2018
Anyone looking to step into a new field and learn new things than the military is for you. The army provides paid leave education benefits during your contract and after.
Great Environment...for some!
Automated Logistical Specialist (92A) Manager (Former Employee) –  Lacey, WAJune 5, 2018
Long hours with huge rewards. I'm not going to go into detail as I feel that I'm not here to weigh pros and cons for the next person. Do your research and make a sound decision with a fully clear picture.
Logistics Specialist
LOGISTICS SPECIALIST/MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAJune 4, 2018
Great way to learn the basics of the logistics field and get some experience in. (Can be said about any position in the Army, this is just my experience)

Looking back, I did a lot of work for very little pay at the time. I love my country but it is quite ridiculous how little we pay our soldiers, marines, sailors and airmen.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss