U.S. Army

U.S. Army Employee Reviews for Military Police

Found 1,299 reviews matching the search
Patriotism
It's the Army, great people, great sense of pride. You get the pride and honor of serving your country.
Army
Look in my opinion it's not a career worth having..but the experience I got doesn't have a price tag..and either do the benefits. I reccomend kids..ie out of high school go into one of the services..do 4 years..get out, go to college on uncle Sam's dime and you'll have a leg up on all the hippies.
What I learned
The hardest part is making sure that everything is done correctly the first time. Early mornings and late nights are standard. Go out to the field and training for months on end. Very low family time hours.
Productive workplace
The U.S. ARMY teaches you respect, leadership, duty, honor, integrity, personal courage, selfless services and above all loyalty. With them you get to do things you only dream of and the opportunity to grow is immense.
Great experience.
The job was full of life experiences but when it comes to the leadership, its really a hit or miss. You could have some of the best or worse. Best option is to just keep your head down and push forward with your work.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
life changing and fast paced environment
I loved being in the army, it taught me a lot about myself and how to be a team player. I also learned many skills- some i still use today.
i met so many people from all over the country and traveled as well.
Okay
Okay if you have nothing else to do with your life. Half the people act like they know what they're doing and the other half just dont care. Things wont ever make sense.
U.s Army
I recommend anyone with little to no experience to join the military. You can make it a career or do it temporarily. Either way, it’s a great experience overall with some great benefits.
Pros
Paid time off. College benefits. Free Medicare. Lots of transferable skills and certifications
Cons
No overtime benefits. Poor Medicare for family. Few days off. Travel expenses
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at U.S. Army?
Unnecesary stress
The army is the best and worst employer. They have amazing benefits matched to none, but the amount of work and the way you are treated is what you pay, along with poor pay.
Benefits
Cons
Poor leadership
Not for the faint of heart
The army provides a love / hate relationship usually. The soldiers love the job, but the job hates us. Overall if you are dedicated, hard working, and willing to push through the sucky parts, the benefits are well worth it in the end.
The military is not for everyone
Each persons experience in the military will/may vary however a typical 'work' day in the military go as as follows

0630-0730: Formation/PT.

0900-1130: Training/classes.

1200-1300: Lunch.

1300-1700: Training/classes.

1800-1830: End of day formation.
Pros
Job security
Cons
War
Depends on your point of view
Many people do not have the mental capacity for these jobs. I did not like the long hours and call backs. When you get injured they often tell you it’s fine and you’ll get better then it gets worse.
fun
if you enjoy travling and working with others, then this job is perfect for you. it can be stressful but you always have your battle buddie to get you through it all.
Builds confidence
Hardest part is being away from your family. When the team/mission needs you, you go. You complete the mission, gain confidence in your team get a good days work in than your can go spend time with your family. Physically you should be squared away. make sure to take care of yourself. No one else will.
Pros
Security
Cons
Away from family
Not just a job...
Life in the Army is challenging and engaging. It is a lifestyle that not everyone is fit for, and it is a personal choice that can have a profound impact on your family and loved ones.
Pros
Challenges, varied opportunities, camaraderie, learning new things alm ost every day, travel and occasionally - adventure!
Cons
You can get hurt (but then, so can an Uber driver).
Great Opportunity
I joined the United States Army in 1987-1995 I'm happy that I did join and I got a great chance to fight a war Iraq and visit other places of choice..
Pros
Good start
Cons
stay overseas for a long time
Good challenge.
I joined the Army to grow in character and to challenge myself. To try and stand out, and step out of my comfort zone. Looking back I enjoyed the journey.
A great place to assist a person to enhance values
Many opportunities for advancement. Had the privilege of meeting lots of people and great travel opportunities across the world. I really enjoyed the brotherhood that was formed while I served the Nation.
Can be great but can also be really tough
In the Army you are provided everything you need during training. Afterwards you go to your duty assignment where you will report to your unit for a certain amount of time until you move somewhere else. Definitely a rewarding career but will be stressful and difficult at times.
Everyday is the same.
During the work day we tend to go over the skills we learned awhile back. We go over the training schedule and whats going to happen for the upcoming week.
US army.
It has made me physically fit. It has also gave me a good structure and discipline along with great opportunities to advance my career. It motivates me to become better and work hard.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.
40K
InHerSight Score
2.9Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
2.8Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight