U.S. Army Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 16,636 reviews matching the search See all 69,958 reviews
Great for Younger People
M1A2 Abrams System Maintainer (Current Employee) –  Fort Carson, COAugust 21, 2019
I learned teamwork and time management. It had very good insurance and benefits.

It was very poor on information being distributed to the soldiers. And deployments were hard on my body.
Great Experience
Logistics Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAAugust 21, 2019
I became the man that I am today from my experience in the Army. The Army taught me so much. Best decision I ever made was serving my country. Highly encourage to anyone.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Not alot of family time.
Overall satisfied
US Army Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Gilbert, AZAugust 21, 2019
You will work long hours. Must be flexible with work schedule. Benefits are fine and pay is salary at all levels and ranks. Paid leave and holidays as well.
Unique experience
Health Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Sam Houston, TXAugust 21, 2019
Joining the Army was a tough decision. Though it also afforded me opportunities and benefits. It took me away from my family a lot. Being stationed overseas is fun. Deploying is an honor we partake in and a service to our country. Which is very, very tough on the mind, body, soul and family. I still wouldn't change my decision to join the military though.
Wonderful job
US Army (Former Employee) –  Korea, PRAugust 20, 2019
This job helped me grow as an individual and taught me many things. I got a chance to even travel. The benefits were wonderful as well. I would definitely be going back.
Army
Company 1SG (Current Employee) –  West Valley City, UTAugust 20, 2019
Nothing beats public service. I've served over 20 years. The benefits and pay take care of my family. There is nothing more than than I'd rather do than serve my country.
A decent job if you know what you're getting into.
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TX and KoreaAugust 20, 2019
The benefits can not be beaten but most things need improvement. Promotion is not merit based other than how good you are at checking a block and jumping through hoops for people above you where at times you will be better at their job than they are. You are going to have time where you work nearly 20 hour days for an extended period of time and then days where you work maybe 6 hours at most. Your experience will be highly dependent on what your leadership is like which can be terrible or great. You have paid vacation but can only take it when they decide. It will consume most of your life and make balancing family life extremely difficult. Overall though its worth it. If you talk to someone that is in the service and ask them about the different jobs and pick one you actually want to do you will get good experience that they pay you while you train and then if your leadership is any good they continue to teach you. Like any job it is not ideal and is probably more strenuous than most but worth it.
It's the army, it is what it is
25U Signal Support Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Myer, VAAugust 20, 2019
What can I say you want free college medical insurance a free place to live, definitely consider the army. While you should consider the benefits, the job can be incredibly stressful depending on where and who you work with and that's not even mentioning deploying. Basically take your time before you decide.
Challenging each day and skills provided to advance in life experience
Army National Guard (Current Employee) –  Bourne, MAAugust 20, 2019
I’ve spent 20 years in the Army and by far had to be the best decision I made when I was younger. So many opportunities have opened for me throughout the years and multiple life experiences were provided to me
Pros
Many benefits available
Cons
A lot of stressful situations
Good
Paralegal Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hinesville, GAAugust 19, 2019
I had a lot of fun and it was an awesome experience straight out of high school! The army gave me many opportunities and full benefits for myself and my family!
Competitive field
Indirect Fire Infantryman (Former Employee) –  Fort Benning, GAAugust 19, 2019
Learned many tasks, improved learning skills along with team building, learned to work on strykers, built long lasting friendships, had the ability to see things that most of the world never get to see
Pros
Benefits, being close to family
Cons
Long hours, away from family at times
Good benefits
Heavy Equipment Operator (Truck Driver) (Current Employee) –  Fort Sill, OKAugust 19, 2019
Really good benefits and pay is okay. Provide housing and food, transportation. Free gym, able to go to any military installations. Tricare beneficiaries
Army
Army (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCAugust 19, 2019
The army is a great place for a young man that has no options based on where you were raised to become someone to get away from it and start new to become the person you want to be
A high-stress, yet high-reward, working environment.
Airborne Cavalry Scout (Current Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCAugust 18, 2019
1. A typical day at work: physical fitness group exercise, daily tasking, receive permission to go home.
2. What I learned: Team leadership and work skills, MOS-specific training
3. Management: Professional, disciplined, fair, helpful.
4. The hardest part of the job: Vague hours, permanent on-call status.
5. The most enjoyable part of the job: lifelong friendships, opportunity for travel, organized family activities.
Pros
job security, health benefits
Cons
vague hours, family separation
Productive fast paced environment
Unmanned Aircraft Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Fort Campbell, KYAugust 18, 2019
Intense workplace. Keeps you on your toes. Individual/team success. Physically/mentally challenging. High expectations. Rewarding. Provides with great benefits.
its the military
Healthcare Specialist/Combat Medic (Former Employee) –  Fort Carson, COAugust 18, 2019
Experiences will vary but it is what you expect being the military. It can be very fulfilling work but it will take a toll on the work/home life balance
Retired
Chief, Supply and Services (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZAugust 18, 2019
Teamwork, Retirement, Benefits, Disability, Free training, Fantastic organization!! Civilians wouldn’t understand; no no sense trying to explain to them.
I loved my job but the Army isn't for everyone!
Broadcast Journalist (Former Employee) –  Multiple Cities and CountiesAugust 18, 2019
I was injured and retired early after 9 years. I loved my job (Broadcast Journalist) and would have stayed in if it were up to me. This isn't an easy life and it isn't for everyone. Do your research before signing ANYTHING and be sure you know what you're getting into. The benefits are unmatched by any private company but you have to be willing to give up your life for your country. Just like in the civilian world there are bosses you will love and those you will hate.
Great
Master Sergeant/Career Counselor (Former Employee) –  Fort Hood, TXAugust 17, 2019
I loved serving in the Army for 21 years. It's tough but it's worth it! You get a chance to meet new people and travel to New places. The healthcare and insurance almost makes it worth it alone.
Don’t join. Look somewhere else.
CBRN Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAAugust 17, 2019
Worst experience of my life. Almost lost my sanity there. Went into huge financial trouble because they were too lazy to fix my pay. The leadership was just poor. There was so much favoritism and a lot of nonsense. I’ve had better leadership at a Carl’s Jr. than the us army. If you’re looking for an adventure or change of lifestyle it’s not here trust me. If you’re gonna join, join the reserves. At least you’ll have a life while still being part time.
Benefits
Cons
A lot of cons.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Army. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

57%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss