U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

51.6K
41.7K
31.3K
Found 5,330 reviews matching the search See all 5,357 reviews
I wanted to leave but when I was ready
Senior Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lurie Children USBANKJuly 20, 2018
I was fired because my boss that did nothing to bring revenue to the branch was feeling the heat and got rid of me instead of the girl who never worked in banking(only fashion) but she was newer and still wasn't meeting the numbers. I was the one closing on loans but because i was there longer i should have worked harder to bring in 300 K to an onsite branch and she fired me. At the end they figured out it was her and fired her. Just hate that I never was treated fairly there.
Pros
Endless opportunities
Cons
Meeting numbers
Was ok
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 20, 2018
I enjoyed my coworkers here at the branch which is the only reason i stayed. During the interview process 8 months ago i asked alot of questions coming from wells fargo (being there for 2 years), regarding tasks, volume, ect. Come to find alot of stuff was not mentioned in the interview process that they just decided to throw on me a month or two later, which comes across as very deceptive. Prior to me coming into this position every teller before me was leaving after a month or two or sooner for im sure the same reasons. The manager is very sweet and aswell as the coworkers but when im the only one on the line half the time, and theres no bandit barriers, security nothing. It becomes unenjoyable coming to work everyday. This position is only 20 hours a week which is a big difference from the hours i was working with wells fargo. room for advancement is horrible here. I took this position mainly for the convenience of it being 8 minutes away from home.
Ego
Vice President (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 20, 2018
Great company to work for overall. The leadership is egotistical and lazy. They don’t make any effort at all to develop or career plan with you. Internal movement is next to impossible.
Pros
Hours, workload, coworkers
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, silo departments
My review
Collections Representative, RPS Collections (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2018
Overall, I love working at the bank because I get to meet nice people who are willing to help and get you to the next level. I just love the company because it is good place to work. I feel good to refer anyone to work there
Training and Culture
Default Management Foreclosure Associate III (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 19, 2018
Extensive training is given when taking on a new position. There are on going on-line courses that are required to be taken although not always pertaining to your job function but it is good knowledge to have. positive work environment is always adhered to.
Pros
have the choice to take 1/2 hour lunch in order to leave 1/2 hour early
Cons
health insurance deductible is high and premium
n/a
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2018
The work environment was stressful, uneventful and lacked structure. Team work was non existent, unfair work load and unclear expectations. I started working for US Bank in Seattle where I absolutely adored my job and my manager. After moving to St. Louis, MO I quickly started to lose ambition and felt overwhelmed with customers and at times felt myself wanting to quit on the spot.
Great enviroment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 19, 2018
Team oriented, great people and leadership. Great opportunity for advancement and truly collaborative culture. Highly recommend this company to anyone.
Good company not for everyone
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJuly 19, 2018
Management is great, though you do feel a bit just like a number being in a call center! Its not a bad job but is not going to be for everyone! If you like being on the phone all day doing the same thing than go for it!
In store
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 19, 2018
If you work at the in-store location work usually starts around 10 pm to 7 pm. the shift are really long and it pretty much takes all of your day. Need a better work life balance
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Wage could be better
Fun place to work, company is ethical and stable
Project/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2018
Great work environment, leadership communicates well. Older company thats slowing trending younger. Your ideas are welcomed, technology is a bit stale but they are working hard to improve it.
Pros
Flexible work arrangement
Cons
Older company
Unfair
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 18, 2018
I worked for US Bank for 4 years , we had unstable management throughout the whole time. My last manager unfairly dismissed me because she was constantly bickering with the other manager. I was some how involved because of some intials on a log. I was never a troublesome employee, I even loved my job but the way I was booted out was very unfair
Excellent
Customer Service Representative/ Teller (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 18, 2018
Very friendly understanding manager and whole team. I learned a lot from work and people. Had a perfect job for starters in that field. Still miss manager and wish her the best.
peak time
Teller (Current Employee) –  Rogersville, TNJuly 18, 2018
being a peak time teller is a really sucky position. You get a good premium for working less hours, but it is still not enough to make up the difference. You get no lunch or breaks and no benefits at all.
Stressful and poor management
Peak-Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with customers for the most part but I did not care for the manager I had. Also had very high sales goals that were very difficult to accomplish.
US Bank Overall
Senior Portfolio Manager, (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNJuly 18, 2018
US Bank company churns and burns employees. As economy or industry is busy, company hires. Is quick to reduce workforce when economy or industry declines.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Churns and burns
Vice President Business Banker (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJuly 18, 2018
Excellent place to work. Take care of the company, they take care of you.
Typical day is working with clients to meet their business banking goals.

Culture is great. The job was hard but fun
Pros
Bonuses
Meeting quota is the only important thing to this company
Business & Consumer Banker (Former Employee) –  Fremont, CAJuly 18, 2018
Typical day at work- Worry about your daily goals, harass people as they shop, work long shifts with no lunch.
What I Learned- How to pitch a sell even though is not beneficial to the customer.
Management- Always under staffed, Never consistent, always leaving early, no ownership, showed no work ethic, unfair to many employees.
Work culture- Micromanaged, strong production demanding, If you do not produce numbers/sells you are not important to the company, you are just one number more as an employee. If you ever have any discomfort at work or with management and you are seeking help you will not get any help unless your production of quota is high.
Part Time
Bank Teller/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Grandview, WAJuly 17, 2018
Working as a Part-Time there's no benefits and you will need to have flexible a hours or be available when you are needed. Branch Manager and Tellers great and team work. Supervisor focused more on Numbers than Customer Service.
Pros
Great Tellers
Cons
Not so good Supervisor
co workers were great to get along with
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 17, 2018
great benefits, great working experience. There were always updates daily of any policy or regulation changes and they were very proficient in training.
Pros
very quick to send info and updates out
Cons
district manager
U.S. Bank is a GREAT place to work.
Risk Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 17, 2018
The Bank promotes and supports working together. There is a huge focus on diversity, which can level the playing field in a lot of cases. Difficulty arises during process changes and internal company reviews due to the lack of ambiguity needed for each function. The people are the most enjoyable part of the job!
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Complexity of the red tape required for job performance