U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Found 6,007 reviews matching the search See all 6,037 reviews
Great Company
Proposal Writer (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 12, 2018
U.S. Bank really treats their employees well. Although they tend to be understaffed, most large corporations are. If you work hard and continue to push yourself, you'll find that people will work with you to get you to where you deserve to be. Show up. Be on time.
Was a good job
Cherry Creek Mortgage Loan Closer (Former Employee) –  Englewood, CONovember 12, 2018
It was a job where you went to work and the people and management there were not very friendly and there was a lot of favoritism in the work place that caused me to look else where.
Pros
Had job security
Cons
favoritism and people not very friendly
As a Manager
Bank Manager (Former Employee) –  MONovember 12, 2018
You end up being a baby sitter with no recourse on poor staff performers. Unable to get out of the branch for development, the days of community banking are long gone. US Bank being the largest bank in town truly looks at growth as an after thought but still requires many widgets but then at the same time they want all their new and existing clients to use their online platform so they can continue to downsize their staff making the sales tougher .

If your lazy and like to do and say what ya want with no recourse this is the place to work. The "old" guard" protects the "old guard" and the place is a landmine for inappropriate issues so be warned.

I have never been at a bank with so much manager turn over. Districts will replace their manger staff with in two to three years. East District is the worst, no vacations around Christmas due to sales push for EOY with huge turn over. Another district replaced or left 10 of the 13 managers within 1.5 years and then replaced half again of those the next year so buckle up.
Pros
It is great if your a teller or a new employee and then it is down hill from there.
Cons
Small staff, stuck in branch with increaing goals no recourse on poor staff.
USBank is an overall excellent company to work for.
Operations Manager 5 TPS Console Operations (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 12, 2018
Overall USBank is an excellent company to work for. Fair compensation and excellent benefits. USBank encourages Management to engage I work/life balance practices with staff. I would highly recommend USBank as an employer.
Building foundation for my career
Business Ops Analyst- ACH Installers (Former Employee) –  St. Paul, MNNovember 12, 2018
Enjoyed my time there, built a career and relationships with people that I am still friends with.
They need to evaluate management more weed out bad managers, that's how my 9 year career ended.
Pros
People
US Bank
Senior Account Representative / Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILNovember 12, 2018
It was a little too boring for me, but it's right for some people. I learned about all financial products and learned some great information that has already helped me through life. I didn't love some of the forceful selling tactics some people used. But I loved my teams.
Pros
teams
Cons
cold calling, sometimes hard goals to meet
call center
Collector (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 11, 2018
US bank is one of the highest paying collection jobs you will find. The job it self was cool but the culture was awful . management talk to the employees like trash and even with the great pay the way you are treated will start to break you down .
Excellent company to work for fun incentives
Banker II (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNNovember 10, 2018
US Bank was actually one of the best companies I’ve ever been employed with. They take pride in their employees they make sure their needs are met. They offer an excellent health and retirement package along with awesome long term disability benefits. This company also give back a lot to the community by supporting different events and including sponsorship.
Pros
Free lunches, tickets to the Twins and Vikings games
Cons
N/a
Corporate jobs are limited--most positions are in retail
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CANovember 10, 2018
Limited advancement for college graduates in retail and corporate is hard to get into. Management and co-workers are nice and the benefits are excellent. If you are interested in retail banking, this company is very good.
Difference in regions
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 9, 2018
I went from one branch in one city that I worked 5 day work weeks. Then I moved and they made me work 6 days a week and just stretched my 40 hours for their convenience and it really is a waste of time to have someone drive 30 minutes to work 3 hours.
Pros
customers
Cons
Inconsideration for work/life balance
Customer Service is everything
Teller Coordinator/ Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 9, 2018
If you even slightly do not like being happy and personable every second of the day then banking is not for you. You must make the customers love you and they are always right. Just make sure you are prepared for this.
Account Setup Coordinator 3 (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNNovember 9, 2018
Loved every minute. Great place to work. The training was helpful, management was helpful when you need help. The benefits where good, there were several options when it came to the benefits. The location was pretty far, but it was worth driving. I recommend working at US Bank!
Great Career with Advancement Opportunities
CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Eau Claire, WINovember 9, 2018
US Bank values a culture of acceptance and diversity. They are pretty laid back for corporate cultures. They definitely value team work and strive to help make their employees successful.
Pros
Pay, Culture, Team Work
Cons
Hours - long shifts, holidays and weekends
office was shut down
Mortgage Processor II (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILNovember 9, 2018
It was a good place to work for. Being a upcoming bank their benefits were not great. Bank itself is very customer service oriented. Good teams but not much value to individuals or even team efforts.
poor managment
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Pine City, MNNovember 9, 2018
poor location, bad management, tons of turn over, benefits poor, they tax you on gifts the give, outrageous quotas for sales for such a small town branch
Productive and fast paced
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WANovember 9, 2018
Good environment and people to work for. Policy and procedures needed to be updated. More training needed to be offered and the opportunity to transfer earlier than 1 year.
Pros
Good healthcare
Cons
Outdated transfer policy
Mortgage Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Owensboro, KYNovember 9, 2018
Flexible work. Family oriented. Overall the bank is not a bad place to work. Sure you will not always get along with everyone but they will work with you. If you have issues the management is usually nice to work with you on them.
Competitive
Teachers aid required (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 8, 2018
It’s a company with potential, they pay a good amount for a student who just graduated from high school. It can be stressful cause the customers can be a pain
Challenging and fun
Loan Documentation Specialist Team Lead (Current Employee) –  PortlandNovember 7, 2018
The goals are attainable yet challenging. The work culture is positive and accepting. The pay and benefits could be better. The opportunities for advancement have room for improvement. There is a general attitude by employees of wanting to do the right thing for customers, which I appreciate.
Pros
Good environment, decent training and access to procedures
Cons
Behind on technology, not good health benefits
Productive and exciting experience with ample opportunity for development.
DE Mortgage Underwriter (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 7, 2018
Productive and exciting experience with ample opportunity for development. Benefits and retirement plan are exceptional. Position offered possibility to work remotely.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.8K
41.9K
31.4K

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight