U.S. Bank

U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

United States10,089 reviews

Found 10,089 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,150 reviews
branchbankingtellerbankerusbankloanbalancesale

Great place if you already have a book of business

You're swimming with big hitters here. Guys closing 5m a month, big construction deals, multi million dollar homes, etc. No place to be if you are used to swimming with small fish.

Pros

Rates are awesome.

Cons

Technology is brutal with a capital B.

Poor Human Resources

Impossible company to grow within, they do not care about their employees individually and as much as they discourage retaliation and encourage you to reach out to the HR employee services line for conflict of interest issues they will not resolve those issues and in turn will then allow you to then be retaliated against within the workplace

U.S. Bank insights

Based on 3,369 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness

Horrible training, horrible people.

No training whatsoever, horrible culture, tell you the job is one thing but it is being a bank teller. They lie about what you really will be doing. Don’t work here.

Pay is good

You can work onsite or remotely. Training managers are rude. I guess maybe to weed out the “weaker people” Like any company metrics are important. Calls back to back to back.

Didn't enjoy the atmosphere

Reasonable pay, unreasonable expectations. Very sales oriented. Care about numbers more than customers or employees. Would not go work there again.

Supportive work environment

I worked there for a little over a year. My supervisor was the best. Metrics were a little annoying but not attainable. It was stressful at times. Must say that the benefits were good.

Company is great to work for! Very work and life balanced! Excellent benefits .. great communication with managers. Hours are great, and some positions are remote.

Great products - Great benefits

Great menu of loan products. Extremely inefficient Operations Dept. during low interest rate environment.Unrealistic sales goals during high interest rate environment.

Love it

Working here would be a dream come true for most people. The management team are like angels from heaven. The co-workers are supportive. The money is almost enough to live on. When even the bank manager is driving Uber on off days, it could be better.

Don't waste your time

You will be micro managed and they WILL pressure you to stay late, after your shift has ended. They will pay you $16 an hour with the workload of a $20+ an hour. They hire you as contract with expectation of permanent hire after 3 months but will only keep renewing you as a contract employee with no benefits and unpaid holidays/time off.

Good technology

They invest in technology and don't stand pat which is good. 401k only paid out once a year and only if you have been there a year. Decent bonus about 10 percent or so. Way too many meetings. I have never worked in such a meeting heavy culture. There are so many meetings I am in where it is not productive. Listening to other people try to come up with designs. Figure it out and let me know what you want and get back to me use email when a question comes up or get slack then you have everyone's thoughts without wasting time in a meeting

Personal Time forget about it

They will ask for you to have daycare set up for children and when you need to go pick up your child from day care they have a problem with that because it affects your availability, if you’re having issues with your internet or their computer they will not pay you for the day (remote work) They used to offer My time where if you needed it you could use it but they have new system where it does make things difficult for when you do need to go take care of your business personal needs such as picking your child up from daycare, even though you’re returning back to work

Promises broken

Hung out to dry by promises not kept. When the refi boom was going on no leads provided to my team and rates raised to price us out because we didn’t have capacity to close more.

Pros

Expense account

Cons

Lack of Trust

Productive workplace, average pay

Everything is good with this company especially the work life balance. I work fullTime and enjoy working hybrid because It helps me stay comfortable and in my own zone.

Stress free and good benefit. Room for career growth. Very supportive manager. Job is very flexible. Very relaxed work environment. Staff are very friendly and supportive.

Pros

Great benefit

Productive place to work

People were okay, they had a point system if you were late or left before the end of shift. This was a entry level to banking position and customer service.

Ethics

I have been with this company most of my banking career and the ethics is what keeps me here outside of Job security And development Needs work.However the training with customer interaction is very personal. The bank truly carse about customers and employees

Good management and flexibility

Management is supportive, coworkers are nice and friendly and very flexible regarding work life balance at least in my department. Salary and benefits are about average.However, while the job is very easy for me but it is not very stable. I witnessed at least 4 rounds of laid off in my department alone. As long as the top executives saw there are room for financial improvements, they will make sure complete that by eliminate your roles.

Pros

good coworkers and managers, flexibility, work life balance, easy job

Cons

unsecured job

Flexible and great management

Overall a great place to work for once you get hired as a full time permanent employee you can move up in the company. The pay is good for the work I did and the work environment is okay when your not being micromanaged.

NO a big NO. I do not recommend it

I honestly found it very hard to grow with the company. You will only grow within your department after 5 or 10 + years or if you know someone. The stress is so much and with barely any help from management. They will make you do everything even if it’s not part of your job. They are always very short staffed and they don’t appreciate your hard work. They stopped paying commission and now stopped bonuses. You work like a robot. The pay is very low compared to the work you do. They never believe the employees and only care about the customers. Overall no matter how hard you work it’s impossible to grow unless you know someone. Politics is a big thing. Upper Management chills at home while regular workers do their jobs. Pick a bank that cares about your mental health and won’t fire you for taking time off.

Encouragement and patience

The people at USBANK are fantastic people. They are very encouraging, they are patient with trainees and they check in to make sure their employees are doing well and have a good grasp of the work consistently. I love working here, and the people I work with are some of the best I have ever had the pleasure of working with.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.4Fairygodboss Score

59%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

59%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare U.S. Bank with

U.S. Bank reviews by popular job title

• U.S. Bank
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?