U.S. Bank

Found 9,599 reviews matching the searchSee all 9,657 reviews

U.S. Bank insights

Based on 2,182 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Overall satisfaction

Great place if you already have a book of business

You're swimming with big hitters here. Guys closing 5m a month, big construction deals, multi million dollar homes, etc. No place to be if you are used to swimming with small fish.

Pros

Rates are awesome.

Cons

Technology is brutal with a capital B.

Love it

I started as a contractor, then I applied for the full time position that was open and was immediately hired. Management is fair to their employees and if I ever want to learn something new I just ask.

Pros

Pto, health insurance

Call center

Working for the call center was not my favorite job. It seemed like every 2 weeks there was a training scheduled to add more to our plates with an already overflowing que. Sticklers for time on each call even when it is out of your control. Could be a great job for someone who likes listening to customers berate them and management not having your back.

Pros

Team lunches, good trainers.

Cons

Management, you're just a body filling a seat.

Bad policies

We were laid off unexpectedly. The way they did it was so heartless. They want your loyalty but don’t return it. Expect you to come to work sick even with sick time. Made a lot of false promises. Seemed like they had a hard time keeping customers happy.

Met some great people, blessed to have the experience I had.

The job itself was chaotic and at times stressful. I was able to handle it but the turnover at this company is insane. The company went from community customer focus to sales $$$ focus. They changed and wanted to create a competitive sales environment and set astronomical goals. When I first started years ago with the bank (before moving to this position) they (seemingly) cared about their employees and customers. Now they want to rake in the cash and mistreat employees in the process.

Leave a review. Help people like you.

Teller Life

Hands on training, management and staff are very supportive. It’s does get busy and overwhelmed on holidays or when customers are upset. US Bank is a great place to work at.

Secure job, great benefits, comfortable work environment, flexible

I've worked here for years, and honestly it's hard for me to leave. I am currently in college pursuing a different career path than working in mortgage, but this job has been the perfect job to work full time along with school full-time because it's flexible.

Pros

Benefits, pay

Cons

Sometimes a lot of changes to keep up with

Focused on doing the right thing for the customer.

As a loan officer, a typical work day varies based on customer need and referral partners needs. Operations team are good, some excellent, some average. Management is good, very experienced and focused on doing the right thing for the customer within allowable guidelines. Product offerings are excellent. Requires high level of focus to follow up on your files to assure they close on time.

Pros

Good Products for Customers with Very Fair Pricing

Stressful

Too many bosses and not enough people to do the work. Unrealistic expectations. Unorganized. Could not understand my co-workers due to them working in India.

Pros

Pension and 401K

Cons

Stressful and working more than 40 hours per week was normal

Department felt rather cutthroat

I was able to work from home, but was so tied to my computer that I started having a lot of lower back issues. Meetings were scheduled back to back, making it hard to break for lunch, even at home. The work culture was very strange. The office felt like a Library. No conversations or happiness. I felt like the training was poor and the others in the department didn't want to relinquish information/control. This perhaps was due to a lot of layoffs and being perceived as needed. My manager was a very nice person, but often folks in positions above would ask for items at the last minute, causing chaos in an already stretched thin environment. They do pay well, so if $$ is more important than culture, it would be a good place to work. I really enjoyed working with clients all over the world. They were very friendly. But also due to this, meetings could be at rather extreme times.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Work/life balance, hard to take a break or lunch

Jobs at U.S. Bank

See more jobs

AML Compliance

Great experience - challenging work, fast paced. Management is supportive, but experiences vary depending on what section you are in. AML compliance is compliance. You will be busy.

Good job. High turn over in retail

Work is fulfilling if you are willing to put in the hours. Turn over was high and hours were long. Average work week hovered around 60 hours to keep the doors open.

Pros

Cons

High health care premiums and high turn over

Used to be a great organization to work for

Over the past year, substantial changes to executive leadership has led to a sweat shop environment. Continual reorganizations, lack of forecasting staff and hiring has led to a culture of driving employees into the ground.

It’s a job

The job is ehh but it’s a job if you desperately need one. It pays the bills but it’s not worth the constant stress of non stop calls and the micromanaging involved.

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

Everything else

good company

good company to work with, They have good management and have OT available which you can take as long as you don’t go over 10 hrs a day. Amazing company to work with!

Horrible place to work

I worked at U.S. Bank for several years. It started off okay despite outdated programs and systems. We had PAPER timesheets! It did feel a little cliquey and the management was aware, but chose not to address it. Fast forward a few years I had moved up in positions and it only got worse! They work you to the bone, horrible pay, and unprofessionalism. One example was that there was a situation with HR and they thought it was a smart idea to confront the employee on their LAST day of employment and let them know there was an open HR investigation regarding said employee. They do not have your best interest! The CEO needs to wake up and see the reality that is happening in his organization. Turnover has gotten worst during the years due to lack of management. Do not apply!

Stay away - unattainable goals

you’re expected to over-achieve each quarter and then they wonder why the turnover rate is high. They will then ask you to take your vacation early in the year then charge you for it if you quit. So much for being one of the most ETHICAL banks. Trying to threaten to send me to collections over something as petty as vacation pay. Especially during COVID!

Pros

Can grow within the company if you work hard

Cons

Short breaks, no breaks, they talk about working together but it’s their way or the high way

Fun place to work if you work with the right people.

Could be a fun place to work if you work with the right people. Benefits were good and the pay was fair. If you are interested in how banks work you can definitely learn a lot.

Pros

Fair pay

You are just a number

Unless you know somebody higher up that works there you’ll never advance to the levels you deserve. And the pay does not meet levels of responsibility. I was training people that were earning six figures a year I was getting paid $15 an hour.

Pros

Own desk

Cons

Advancement almost impossible

Great place to work. Busy office cubicle setting. When covid hit we were sent home to work. Work load can be heavy at times. Sometimes double case loads. Flexible shifts.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

The drive

It's a job

It's a place to work. You will get a pay check on time. It will not be what people get at other companies for similar roles. It will be 20k-30k less. Everything else is ok if you can live with being stressed out every day.

Pros

You get a job and a pay check

Cons

Pay, benefits, work life balance, career, mental health

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at U.S. Bank.
Powered byComparably