U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Found 5,667 reviews matching the search See all 5,694 reviews
It was a fun place to work
Help Desk Support Technician II (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORSeptember 21, 2018
It was a fun job with a lot of change. Over all the job was fun of new things to learn all the time. The only down side was having 3 people in charge of you. So when a call took to long you had 4 people to tell what happened.
Pros
Good hours.
Cons
The only down side was having 3 people in charge of you.
It was like working in a Sweat shop for pennies
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Portland ORSeptember 21, 2018
The hours that they had us working and the goals were ridiculous. The commute becasme to much on me as well. My Manager was very patient, but his manager was a total immature brat.
poor employer
Loan Officer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2018
one of the worst companies I have worked for would never recommend anyone to work here. Please don't apply here you are set up to fail from the start.
Summary
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNSeptember 20, 2018
U. S. Bank is a good place to work, The work culture is very good here and flexible to to work also. People get compensated in case if they are working out of office hours.
High Stress Environment
FRAUD LIAISON SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WISeptember 20, 2018
Very often it was very hard to meet my goals due to the fact that supervisors were never around when needed. This created long holds, customer hang ups, escalated customers, repeated call backs from the same customer.
Pros
Network
Cons
No life-work balance
Ops Center: Recommend Only if a Job is Desperately Needed
Account Processor (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 20, 2018
Note: this is an Ops Center, not a regular bank/teller location. Culture is stressful, dramatic, filled with gossip, and good performance is not rewarded. The few good managers are overshadowed by a sea of incompetence. Lower management is largely lazy, unskilled, uncaring, and unprofessional; enabled by mid management. Cliques among these groups prevent job growth, and can easily get one fired if one does not make friends with the right groups. Apply only if one desperately needs work; please seek anything else if looking for steady employment.
Pros
Health insurance, benefits
Cons
Terrible management, awful work culture
Nice Place to work
Universal Banker 2 (Current Employee) –  Meridian, IDSeptember 20, 2018
It is a nice place to work, co-workers and management are friendly, always push sales but it's the job. The health benefits aren't very good but the 401k program is great!
Okay place to work
Universal Banker (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaSeptember 19, 2018
There are constantly staff changes, so the overall turnover is a lot. The company does great at offering fair wages when you first start, but them it seems like older more seasoned employees are for gotten about. It is really hard to earn incentive and when you do, it's not much considering the thousands of dollars you can make the bank with one loan. Moving around to different roles within the company is also something that can be worked on. there is what seems to be a one-size-fits-all approach to promotions, etc. The inter-staff teamwork is great though. The company does an excellent job at making sure positive, honest people are hired.
Pros
Free account, great benefits.
Cons
Lackluster incentive program
Great Place
Customer service rep/Mortgage specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Great place to work, a lot of benefits, able to move up, relaxed environment. Able to move around the company and any is great. Management is awesome and I would go back any day.
great place to work but was laid off
Document Control Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I had a typical work day. I went in to my job with years experience behind me so I was asked to help in different areas of the department. I enjoyed working on different projects. I enjoyed working as part of a great team. I checked emails everyday and would go thru my spreadsheet to see who I would need to contact to get my job done efficiently.
Pros
great lunches, holiday department parties were fun
Cons
cleanliness of bulding could have been better taken care of
Good to work for with better management
Default Specialist II (Former Employee) –  Bedford Heights, OHSeptember 19, 2018
Good to work for with better management, learned a new job experiences and hopefully will help with my upcoming job replacement, worked there for ten years and would still be working there if not laid off.
great work with advancement
TELLER/UNIVERSAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Holladay, UTSeptember 18, 2018
I really enjoyed this job. I was excited about advancement and loved the people. The only issue was I got a promotion without a raise. Even after going through rigorous training.
Typical banking atmosphere
Administrative Assistant, bank teller (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 18, 2018
I started part time and eventually became full time. It was a typical banking environment. A very large company with numerous employees. I left to start our family.
Good place to work for a motivated competitor
Mortgage Counselor (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 18, 2018
Great place to work, you have to be able to cold call though.Customers can be very trying but remain calm and stay in control and you'll be fine. The cafeteria is tasty!
Pros
Gym on site, shift differential
Cons
Collections can be difficult
Challenging Work Environment
Vault Manager & Business Specialist (Former Employee) –  Albany, ORSeptember 18, 2018
Difficult to maintain positive with customer service directly tied to personal finances with inadequate compensation. Management was subpar at the branch I worked at and there was very little room to grow within the company.
Enjoyable job
BANK TELLER (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVSeptember 17, 2018
I love going to work each day, the people I work with are great. I am a peak teller so my hours are short but well worth it. No day is the same and that's one thing I love about it.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
teller
Teller 2 (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILSeptember 17, 2018
enjoyed my work experience with the company main focus was customer service balancing cash drawer and direct contact sales and compition wasn't the best
Pros
managment
Cons
sales
Excellent Company
Quality Assurance Specialist in Accounting (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHSeptember 17, 2018
US Bank is an excellent company. They have excellent middle management and upper management. I would highly recommend this company to future employees.
U.S.Bank
Manager (Current Employee) –  OhioSeptember 17, 2018
In the beginning of my career at U.S. Bank, advancement opportunities were always available and presented themselves often. I would take advantage of every opportunity provided to me. Recently, however, it seems as though that has shifted. As the management changed within my department, so did the advancement opportunities. It became more of who you know, not what you know, almost to the point of demotions for those who are not within the upper management's inner circle. The day consists of multiple meetings, some where all management is invited, and others where it is only the inner circle, and treatment is not consistent for all managers. The most difficult part of the job I hold within the bank is adhering to the standards that are set for me and my team, while others are not held accountable in the same regard, but it is balanced out in a way by the team that works under me. They believe in me as much as I believe in them, and we are constantly surprising upper management by exceeding goals that were set to be unattainable.
production
ACCOUNT PROCESSOR 2 (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOSeptember 17, 2018
Its a great job. the people are great and the hours are flexible for me. I enjoy working in a fast pace environment. I started off as a contract employee and now Im hired on.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.7K
41.8K
31.3K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

65%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

77%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss