U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Vice President, Human Resources Director (Current Employee) –  United StatesOctober 18, 2017
Excellent place to work. Strong culture, brand with core values. Ethical business practices and solid work life balance. Excellent opportunities for development and career advancement.
Pros
Work Life Balance
Cons
Good Workplace, friendly environment.
Senior Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 18, 2017
I have a good crew and team leaders that ensure the Workplace flows smoothly. Also the clients are friendly and the over all feel of the job is fun and upbeat.
Collateral Review Specialist
Collateral Review Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 18, 2017
Specialist Ensured proper collateral protection for $1.8 billion dollar commercial loan portfolio. Reviewed, identified and resolved collateral irregularities. Review collateral of maturing loans and also processed and resolved collateral exceptions per established guidelines.
Competitive work environment.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Lake Oswego, OROctober 17, 2017
This place sounds like an easy job. It is, yet they have requirements involving pushing products on customers. At my location, an affluent community, these were not always welcomed by the patrons and they expected us to meet their every desire and need.
Great environment and overall fun workplace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, AROctober 17, 2017
US Bank was a great company to work for. Although it can get stressful during its peak days/hours, overall i would recommend anyone to work here. My branch manager and supervisor were very helpful in regards to my training and making me feel like part of the team.
Fun place to work and great experiences
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTOctober 16, 2017
This job gave me the opportunity to learn financial terms and how to build your retirement and pay off debts. I also learned about loans and mortgages. It was a fast paced and fun job, but the means do not justify the work put into it.
Pros
Good people, ethical, fun sales contests, learning opportunities
Cons
Lower pay scale vs the competition
Bad place to work
Fund Accountant 2 (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 16, 2017
They care very little about their employees on anything but the upper most level. Large corporation so you can move around a lot, but actual advancement is slim to none
see below
SVP (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TNOctober 16, 2017
great office. Frequent access to senior management. Great support with credit underwriting. Ample budget to market/travel to meet corporate clients/prospects.
Pros
frequent working lunches
productive and informative
Sr. Cloud Solutions Engineer (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 16, 2017
its good working atmosphere and had a good pace at work which will help u out in learning new things. i would recommend working here for a good and had found good colleagues.
Bank is all about sales & numbers
Fraud Specialist (Former Employee) –  CDA and Post Falls, IDOctober 14, 2017
US Bank and leadership/management think about themselves and their paychecks. Employees that work directly with the customers are under paid, and over stressed to make goals that aren't necessarily the right thing for the customer.
Overview
Senior Banker (Current Employee) –  Delaware, OH 43015October 13, 2017
Good company, they treat their people good. But they are very into sales Which I don't agree with. They make getting sales so important that it makes you very competitive with co workers and you find yourself pushing customers in to stuff that they have already said no to.
High expectations
PERSONAL BANKER I (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAOctober 13, 2017
I liked working for US Bank. I worked with great people. the job was very interesting, but it could get stressful at times. The main focus at the time was sales, and numbers. But I learned a lot about the banking industry that I did ot know before.
Pros
great people
Cons
short handed most of the time
Be wary of a position as it may not be all that it seems.
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 12, 2017
Your role depends on your direct manager. Be wary as they may be looking for an excuse to terminate your employment without warning. Benefits seem good but aren't comparable to the market.
Focused on the task at hand, which might change as needed
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXOctober 12, 2017
As a company, US Bank is a great place to work. Good compensation, and they seem to really care about the communities which they serve.

Unfortunately, my job code was phased out after they had completed a series of projects. I find that somewhat short-sighted, but I understand that business is just business.
I loved this job
Teller/ Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Spokane, WAOctober 12, 2017
This was one of my favorite jobs. I loved my customers, I loved my coworkers. I left because of my education opportunities and I've regretted it ever since.
Well paid, high sales job
Banker 1, Sales (Current Employee) –  Ft. Mitchell, KYOctober 11, 2017
Great Job, good pay, Nice compensation, heavy sales goals, weekly coaching, plenty of room to move up in company, good management team, resources to excel at job
Good Company with Slow Internal Advancement Opportunities
Banker (Current Employee) –  OhioOctober 11, 2017
I want to say that US Bank is a good company to work for, with a good culture and some great leaders. Its a place that I don't mind coming into everyday for work.

I would also say that it can be very difficult to find opportunity for promotion, even when positions are available. The health plan is okay, but not great.

Thats really all I have to say about the company. Its a fair place to work.
professional and fast pace
Teller (Former Employee) –  Boyle Heights, CAOctober 11, 2017
For those who like a fast pace and professional atmosphere, i highly recommend working for US Bank. Hours are flexible, they offer great benefits, and you get money handling experience that will help you in any future job.
Fun work place with a pingpong table
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Hackensack, NJOctober 11, 2017
It was a great place to work at. Managers are easy to communicate with. People are willing to take the time to explain/teach any part of an issue that maybe unclear.
Productive fun place to work
Business Line Regulatory Review Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 11, 2017
Great place to work. Good benefits and plenty of advancement opportunities. Good work life balance, better than average pay structure, flexible working hours.
Pros
can work from home
Cons
cant think of any

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.