U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

Found 6,601 reviews matching the search See all 6,647 reviews
Us bank
Financial Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bend, ORMarch 25, 2019
I do not have a review to offer, as it has been too long since I was employed by us bank. Therefore I do not have an opinion to offer based on their current practices.
Good place to start
Senior Test Analyst - Enterprise Test Management (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIMarch 25, 2019
They have good benefits and a 401k matching program. Ability to move up from entry level positions. Good work to life ratio some allowances for work from home.
Underwhelming experience
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 25, 2019
Little to no advancement opportunities, stress on micromanagement. Additionally, no opportunity for salary increases or bonus programs. Very small-town feel to the culture (which could be a positive, just not for me)
Stressful work Unorganized Company
CBSS Servicing Mortgage Loan Servicer (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 25, 2019
The job is very stressful and the company does not make it any more helpful. They cut lunches down same day and schedule mandatory overtime days based on "business needs" making the job more stressful but still want you to have 100 in all areas of service. They give out promotions that they don't pay you for (although they pay less than the average mortg serv job) but tell you they will. No matter how nice you are the customers treat you horrible because people hate the company. Management sucks, they have their favorites and other than that only care about themselves. The company is so cheap they rather be understaffed than to hire more employees(making the work load heavier). I don't recommend anyone who isn't strong minded and cant handle stress work there.
Pros
Vacation Time and Some paid benefits
Cons
Short Breaks, Promises they never keep, bad image, Poor Management etc
Great Culture
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 25, 2019
Pretty good company overall. Just need to hire full time tellers. This will help with the turnover ratio. A lot of tellers leave because they are only getting 19 hours a week.
Not Worth It.They Do Not Deserve Good People
Mortgage Loan Processor (Former Employee) –  Richfield, MNMarch 25, 2019
WARNING! A Company that praises putting dollar bills first and their employees last. A subpar Company in all aspect of Job Work/Life Balance, Compensation/Benefits, Job Security/Advancement, Management, and Job Culture. There has been all lot of layoffs and elimination of departments throughout the last couple of month. They even made false promises of helping former-employee whose layoff to obtain other position within the Company. These people are known as RISK but this should be the correct term for this Company. Management and upper management was…you guess it. THEY SUCK! Only wanted to see numbers and not the development and advancement of employees. It’s not what you know, it’s who you know. Even for some of these inexperienced not over-21 kid, whose mommy and daddy work for this company. Pulling strings so they can get them out of the loop of the layoffs. They also had the inside info even before things went down. A company job culture that is so outdated even their technology can’t even compete with the competition. The only job culture this place has is their employees are expendable.
Pros
Can take your time dropping a deuce in fairly peaceful and quiet stall.
Cons
Got to get down on knees for those promotion, bonsus, and advancement.
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARMarch 24, 2019
Best bank I have ever worked for. Good pay and time off, great manager . Loved it , lot s and lots of training, advancement opportunities . Leadership was very helpful. Con workers were helpful and fun. Learned so much , had no teller experience before working here , hired me anyway gave me a chance . Great company overall
Pros
Good invironment
Cons
Banks not in all states
room for growth
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 24, 2019
This job has made to feel like I am always on the go, I have no time think, I feel I am always rushing. Numbers are key I almost feel like a robot. Overall I like the room for advancement
Pros
growth
Cons
transportation on the weekends
Operations
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 24, 2019
Typical day included overseeing operations. I learned how to harness the power and potential of people at a level unavailable to me until this role. The culture, under my leadership went from limited engagement and inclusion from all levels to actively seeking the views of the staff. Opportunities in a Senior role are limited and are highly scrutinized.
Good place to work. Fun events. Work coaching available.
2nd Shift Lockbox Manager (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 24, 2019
Has been a good place to work offers training classes and coaching events. Has free employee accounts. Offers many discounts to events. Benefits offered to the employees are very good.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Benefits good but expensive.
Changes of the times.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2019
Great management and coworker feel until corporate took over. Once changes were introduced, the overall feel changed and the new manager were very negligent.
Managers are inexperienced, insecure and petty. A lot of favoritism shown to a lucky few.
Case Processor (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 23, 2019
Clueless about how to motivate and maintain good employees so turnover is high resulting in very few people knowing what they’re actually doing. Workload is heavy, training is pathetic and sporadic and the managers are much more interested in covering themselves and climbing the corporate ladder rather than building a team that succeeds. The stress level due to the horrible managers is incredibly high. Stay away from this company.
Pros
Regular hours, banking holidays off
Cons
Horrible managers, stress, no chance for advancement
Us Bank
Card member service (customer service agent) (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COMarch 23, 2019
Good job culture, however management is not the best and the pay should be more, overall is a good company to work for, just required more for my need
Flexible and well paid teller position.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEMarch 22, 2019
My job is extremely flexible with school and paid well. My job was a bit physical moving around a drive thru and lifting boxes of coin. The job allowed me to get home at 5 pm.
In General a good place to work, but not if you want to advance your career.
SSC/ Assistant Branch Manager NMLS (Former Employee) –  Folsom, CAMarch 22, 2019
In General the company is a good company to work for. It is very political. Its all about who you know not what you know when it comes to advancement opportunities. Hard work is not recognized, rather criticized. The more you give the more they expect and when your job becomes increasing difficult because you are wearing 15 different hats they change the structure and expectations of your position, and everything you knew is longer valid.
Good company, worklife balance dependent on Team
Senior Analyst, Officer, CDO Analytics (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 22, 2019
Overall I enjoy the company and the work. The work life balance could use some adjustment, although its due to turnover. One is generally given autonomy to run their desk as they wish.
Great company to work for.
ACCOUNTING/PAYROLL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAMarch 22, 2019
I was very happy working for US Bank, too bad I was only working as temporary employee so my assignment ended.

My working days were great, I always had help if I needed it or if I had any questions there was always someone around to clarify any doubts I had.
Good place to work.
REI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNMarch 21, 2019
USB is a good place to work. Professional colleagues and good managers. Company is conservative on resources, but understandably so. They provide what employees need to get the job done, and nothing beyond that.
TELECOMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Richfield, MNMarch 21, 2019
Always willing to flex working hours when needed.
Not able to move up the chain due to lack of opportunities given.
I like working with our customers on a daily basis.
Large, corporate environment that provides stability.
Commercial Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Reno, NVMarch 21, 2019
US Bank offers competitive salaries and good benefits. Positive aspects include a stable environment, industry leading competitive position, and opportunity for advancement.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

51.9K
42.1K
31.5K

Women's ratings

3.6Fairygodboss Score

64%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

79%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss