U.S. Bank Employee Reviews

31.3K
Found 5,336 reviews matching the search See all 5,363 reviews
Antiquated
Morgage Guru (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORJuly 22, 2018
The mortgage industry at large is an antiquated industry that values the product over the individual. It is corporate America at it's core. If you want more from a company than a paycheck, this is not the company for you.(And there is nothing wrong with wanting a paycheck).
Cons
Healthcare, Equal Wages
Work experience
Teller (Former Employee) –  Henderson, NVJuly 22, 2018
Management was amazing until they left. The new managers could care less for you our your life. Every time I was sick with the flue, strep throat, etc I had to work,
Pros
Paid vacations
Cons
Management took advantage of you
Respectful Place to Work
Teller/Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Hot Springs, AR 71913July 21, 2018
The management and staff are first class individuals. They are full of integrity and treat the employees fairly. Enjoyable place to work with goals that keep you motivated in your position.
Pros
Steady Schedule
Cons
Routine Job
Great organization
Business Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJuly 21, 2018
US Bank helped advance my career and prepared me for my next steps. Management was in tune to employees. I only left due to needing work closer to home.
Great Bank to work for
Consumer Loan Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJuly 21, 2018
I enjoyed woring at US Bank most because there was job security. i had some scheduling conflicts when I worked there and my managers were always willing to help and be flexible.
Fun place to work
Security Operations/Administration (Current Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJuly 21, 2018
A typical day at work is busy. I learned to work hard for what I want. Management was ok, but my manager was new and I ended up training them. Hardest part of the job was rude card holders.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
I wanted to leave but when I was ready
Senior Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lurie Children USBANKJuly 20, 2018
I was fired because my boss that did nothing to bring revenue to the branch was feeling the heat and got rid of me instead of the girl who never worked in banking(only fashion) but she was newer and still wasn't meeting the numbers. I was the one closing on loans but because i was there longer i should have worked harder to bring in 300 K to an onsite branch and she fired me. At the end they figured out it was her and fired her. Just hate that I never was treated fairly there.
Pros
Endless opportunities
Cons
Meeting numbers
Was ok
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 20, 2018
I enjoyed my coworkers here at the branch which is the only reason i stayed. During the interview process 8 months ago i asked alot of questions coming from wells fargo (being there for 2 years), regarding tasks, volume, ect. Come to find alot of stuff was not mentioned in the interview process that they just decided to throw on me a month or two later, which comes across as very deceptive. Prior to me coming into this position every teller before me was leaving after a month or two or sooner for im sure the same reasons. The manager is very sweet and aswell as the coworkers but when im the only one on the line half the time, and theres no bandit barriers, security nothing. It becomes unenjoyable coming to work everyday. This position is only 20 hours a week which is a big difference from the hours i was working with wells fargo. room for advancement is horrible here. I took this position mainly for the convenience of it being 8 minutes away from home.
Ego
Vice President (Current Employee) –  United StatesJuly 20, 2018
Great company to work for overall. The leadership is egotistical and lazy. They don’t make any effort at all to develop or career plan with you. Internal movement is next to impossible.
Pros
Hours, workload, coworkers
Cons
Management, pay, benefits, silo departments
My review
Collections Representative, RPS Collections (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2018
Overall, I love working at the bank because I get to meet nice people who are willing to help and get you to the next level. I just love the company because it is good place to work. I feel good to refer anyone to work there
Training and Culture
Default Management Foreclosure Associate III (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CAJuly 19, 2018
Extensive training is given when taking on a new position. There are on going on-line courses that are required to be taken although not always pertaining to your job function but it is good knowledge to have. positive work environment is always adhered to.
Pros
have the choice to take 1/2 hour lunch in order to leave 1/2 hour early
Cons
health insurance deductible is high and premium
n/a
Teller Coordinator (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 19, 2018
The work environment was stressful, uneventful and lacked structure. Team work was non existent, unfair work load and unclear expectations. I started working for US Bank in Seattle where I absolutely adored my job and my manager. After moving to St. Louis, MO I quickly started to lose ambition and felt overwhelmed with customers and at times felt myself wanting to quit on the spot.
Great enviroment
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJuly 19, 2018
Team oriented, great people and leadership. Great opportunity for advancement and truly collaborative culture. Highly recommend this company to anyone.
Good company not for everyone
Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Coeur d'Alene, IDJuly 19, 2018
Management is great, though you do feel a bit just like a number being in a call center! Its not a bad job but is not going to be for everyone! If you like being on the phone all day doing the same thing than go for it!
In store
Branch Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lynnwood, WAJuly 19, 2018
If you work at the in-store location work usually starts around 10 pm to 7 pm. the shift are really long and it pretty much takes all of your day. Need a better work life balance
Pros
Co Workers
Cons
Wage could be better
Fun place to work, company is ethical and stable
Project/Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 18, 2018
Great work environment, leadership communicates well. Older company thats slowing trending younger. Your ideas are welcomed, technology is a bit stale but they are working hard to improve it.
Pros
Flexible work arrangement
Cons
Older company
Unfair
Teller Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJuly 18, 2018
I worked for US Bank for 4 years , we had unstable management throughout the whole time. My last manager unfairly dismissed me because she was constantly bickering with the other manager. I was some how involved because of some intials on a log. I was never a troublesome employee, I even loved my job but the way I was booted out was very unfair
Excellent
Customer Service Representative/ Teller (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaJuly 18, 2018
Very friendly understanding manager and whole team. I learned a lot from work and people. Had a perfect job for starters in that field. Still miss manager and wish her the best.
peak time
Teller (Current Employee) –  Rogersville, TNJuly 18, 2018
being a peak time teller is a really sucky position. You get a good premium for working less hours, but it is still not enough to make up the difference. You get no lunch or breaks and no benefits at all.
Stressful and poor management
Peak-Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Fair Oaks, CAJuly 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with customers for the most part but I did not care for the manager I had. Also had very high sales goals that were very difficult to accomplish.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.1InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight