U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Found 1,582 reviews matching the search See all 1,586 reviews
Engineering Administrator
FULFILLMENT AGENT/BUYER (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILNovember 18, 2018
US Cellular, you must be proud. In a culture where at times the employees are not treated fairly, you treated us great! Great benefits, work life balance, etc. Best company I worked for.
Pros
Nice benefit package, great office space, managers are accountable
Cons
Tough to compete with the Verizons
Great Company to Work For
RETAIL SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Oak Park, ILNovember 18, 2018
They care about their employees just as much as they care about their customers. I've never worked for a better company. It's a shame they had to leave the market.
Strange culture
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Madison, WINovember 16, 2018
I was not happy when I was at U.S. Cellular. From what I thought in the beginning I was to be voted for collecting and then I was thrown into the role of credit agent as well. They say this isn’t detrimental to my pay as that is t held against your metrics. You only get 39 minutes of personal time per month to use for bathroom breaks. Go over that and it’s not good. They like to play games and do games for the employees. I wasn’t interested and just wanted to make money. When I didn’t in Halloween and said I didn’t celebrate the holiday I was looked at by mamagemt and everyone. The training is not as hands on as they told me. I wanted to make it work but I couldn’t and I moved on.
Benefits
Cons
Monitored bathroom breaks, metrics and training.
work
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDNovember 8, 2018
The work place is really great and very laid back. My manager is wonderful and understanding. The US Cellular that i work for is an agency and though I love working here, advancements are not likely and the pay is min. wage. I'd like to strive for more.
work
TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALTY REP (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 8, 2018
this is a very quick pace call center. if you get the joy out of being a solution provider and can handle over the top customers then this is ideal. the culture in the call center with co-workers are awesome you meet a lot of different personality's from all walks of life.
great place to work but...
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Susanville, CANovember 7, 2018
great place to work but... does not pay well for what io needed and the manager had told me id make more if i hit x and i hit x and that never happened but other than that great place to work!
a typical day
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WINovember 5, 2018
a typical day at us cellular consist of helping customer with their bill for cell phone service. solving billing errors and explaining charges on your monthly bills
Pros
fast paced
Cons
too many calls
US Cellular
Engineer of infrastructure (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 2, 2018
The company is really good and the payment is good as well, even if you work hard is really difficult to get hired direcly with the company
Pros
good salaries
Cons
no hired directly with the company
Company governed by parent
Director, Executive Compensation & Total Rewards (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 1, 2018
no autonomy to make innovative decisions due to parent company oversight; no desire for cutting edge considerations or recruitment of high calibre talent
Stressful and management is ridiculously overbearing
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WIOctober 30, 2018
Commission based pay is stressful. Unrealistic quotas with no payout even if you meet them. Hardest part of the job is having a killer month of sales and having to start all over each month and not knowing what your pay is going to be month to month for commission. They can change your commission structure at any moment and screw you over.
Productive.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Desert Aire, WAOctober 25, 2018
This job was my first job and this job always depends on you, you are your own boss. You must always be attentive and willing to be challenged. This job makes you set your own goals, such as how many sales you want to make or how to always be productive. It's a good place to learn how to be motivated if you allow yourself.
great work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 23, 2018
great company too work for but they sold out too sprint so the company has closed there Chicago location.while working there it was high tech at the time, I learned a lot got a lot of experience, would have liked too became a manager but at the time there were no advancements and I finally learned why.
Pros
n/a
Cons
stressful
A great place to make a living
Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Westbrook, MEOctober 23, 2018
U.S. Cellular was my first "big girl" jobs. I learned a lot in the role I was in. This company loves to watch it workers grow. They are very involved around them. Pay is great, and if you work hard you make more. Its like running your own business.. You are entitled to make choices that are going to help you thrive.
excellent to work for
Inventory Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Auburn, MEOctober 17, 2018
Great working environment and excellent team work. learned much in the way of electronics and cell phones. Always had great team work and training on all new equipment was alway a weekly thing
Pros
great culture and pay
Cons
extra hours many days
Best Culture Ever
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILOctober 8, 2018
I learned the bulk of my leadership skills here. This is an organization that promotes growth and development. It's disappointing that the organization desolved in Illinois.
Pros
Development based
Cons
Behind on technology
Retail Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Beloit, WI 53511October 4, 2018
US Cellular is a great place to work if you can endure retail hours. The benefits are fantastic, 2 weeks vacation, 5 days PTO and 6 days of sick time, Health care, 401k and more, all from from day one.
Very unprofessional work environment
Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Sand Springs, OKOctober 4, 2018
The manager was always on her phone rarely paying attention to the needs of the work place, and my co-workers were extremely unprofessional. They were always blaring vulgar music in front of customers which made it hard to hit the monthly sales goals because no one wanted to come to our location. Everything was extremely unorganized.
long time employee
Customer Solution Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, IAOctober 4, 2018
I worked for the company for close to 10 years. it started out relaxed and a very enjoyable place to work. Over time the company sold some of its markets and became very focused on its bottom line. understandably good from a business perspective but it had a negative impact on moral over time. some of the specialty departments in customer service have lots of empowerment but customer service call volume can vary wildly causing overflow to other departments. the customer service role has become very stressful and much more sales focused in recent years. great benefits tend to make associates feel stuck
Pros
benefits and empowerment
Cons
two faced leaders and scheduling
No longer a good company
Financial Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 3, 2018
I worked for the company over 10 years. It used to be an excellent place, great morale, felt appreciated and was an open door company where the employees mattered. Fast forward to 2015. Between a new CEO and a new manager, things are now terrible. Expectations are no longer achievable, leadership has turned into puppets, and there is no open door policy. If you don't like things, there is the door. You are expected to take 75 to 100 calls a day. You need to say things to the customers as they want you to. You need to collect on each account to not get fired. Constant stress of meeting expectations and more stress of the changes. All the good leadership was run out by the new manager. He is a phony. Recently things went from seniority to ranking. You now get selected for shifts, time off, jobs ect. Based on how you rank. Now employees are expected to work nights, weekends and holidays. Even if you have been there 10 years, someone brand new can get more than you. The real good kicker this week, no more monthly bonuses. This company is purposely changing things to drive people out. They do not care, everyone is replaceable! Stay away!
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay.
Cons
Poor Leadership, time off availability, greedy.
Call center life
Customer Care & Rewards Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNOctober 3, 2018
The hardest part was dealing with policies; it was like a loop-hole and management would go out of their way to find ways you violated something even if it took days to find it.

The training programs were stressful.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss