U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Found 1,609 reviews matching the search See all 1,613 reviews
I loved my time at US CELLULAR. Best team and managers I’ve ever worked with.
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Salem, VAJanuary 14, 2019
I loved the time I had with US CELLULAR. My team and managers were the best. I was totally supported in new challenges by both my managers and my team. I grew by leaps and bounds with this company, personally and professionally. My only concern was the ever changing compensation plans and I understand that it is truly the industry and not US CELLULAR in particular.
Retail Wireless Consultant
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tomah, WIJanuary 12, 2019
US Cellular truly cares about its associates and it’s customers. I have never worked at a job that I loved so much. Your coworkers become your family and you enjoy spending your day there. They are all about helping people advance and love to see associates succeed and will help in any way they can.
Pros
Great work environment, good pay
Cons
Commission structure constantly changes
Highly Recommended
Retail Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIJanuary 7, 2019
Retail positions were difficult to manage work/life balance. Great pay, people, culture, and advancement. Loved working here but over time became too stressful with nights & weekends.
very fun and exciting, but sales driven
RETAIL WIRELESS CONSULTANT (Current Employee) –  MissouriJanuary 7, 2019
its a great job, but very sales driven, bosses pretend to care, but are again sales driven and will do anything for a dollar. i loved my time with my coworkers and it was competitive and exciting, but comes at a cost.
US Cellular
STORE MANAGER/ASSISTANT STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Hales Corners, WIJanuary 4, 2019
Working here was ok but you were expected to work with very hostile customers at times without getting paid very much for dealing with that and the commission structure was not that great.
Us cellular
Customer Service inbound (Current Employee) –  Marion, IADecember 29, 2018
Us cellular is a great place to work. Just doesn’t have the best work/life balance. Culture Is great and the upper management really care. There is room for advancement.
Fun work place
Retail and Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, NCDecember 28, 2018
Really loved working for U.S. Cellular, the team, and money was amazing. Managers made the job stressful, would literally write you up and complain about ANY LITTLE THING.
Pros
Great compensation, work life balance, Benefits
Cons
Managers
Terrible company.
Retail Wireless Sales Consultant (Current Employee) –  IllinoisDecember 24, 2018
Used to be a great company to work for, with commission change they expect more sales results but compensate their employees less. They have changed customers plans so much can’t give employer discounts on almost any plan now. Leadership is poor, everyday you fear for your job not knowing what crazy demands and changes they are going to put in place. With the last commission change it shows you the company does not care about top performers or employees in general, they would be ok with taking a Joe off of the street and putting them in place of current employees. There is no longer skill to the job but just pure luck to make a commission check anymore.
Pros
Associate phone program, Discounts.
Cons
Terrible commission pay now, Company don’t care about current employees.
A fast-paced ever-changing work environment with a nice cafeteria
Customer care representitive (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WI 53188December 22, 2018
US cellular challenges any individual to grow personally and corporately which is a good experience for anyone, I did enjoy working forbthis dynamic organization.
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
No policy or procedure hardly remains the same for a set period of time
Not a Positive Review
Business Account Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  South Portland, MEDecember 20, 2018
I would not feel comfortable reviewing U.S. Cellular's local team based on their current management.

They say one thing but deliver some completely different that is not safe.
Went down hill
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ottumwa, IADecember 19, 2018
New store manager came in completly changed the good culture that was once in the store. A commission change hit that dropped pay greatly. The sales managers where good people tho but there hands are tied.
Pros
Sales managers are good but hands are tied
Cons
Store manager. Pay drop. No longer fun environment
Review
Project Manager - Midwest Region (Former Employee) –  Itasca, ILDecember 18, 2018
Work was fast paced and challenging. The environment was good with good people both peers and managers. I was sad to leave. I was challenged every day.
Opportunity for growth.
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Onalaska, WIDecember 15, 2018
Working for U.S.Cellular was an awesome experience. There's plenty of room for growth in the company and you learn something new everyday. They offer phenomenal benefits and the management is great!
Fabulous company to work for; they value their customers and employees
Collections Specialist Course Mngr (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 13, 2018
• FDCPA Compliant ~ Associate managing, training, monitoring ~ Dialer and Credit Applications

• Collection Specialist ~ Customer Service: Developed Collections Metrics guidelines ~ Order Processing

• Solve customer problematic solutions related to Financial Services, Credit and general service activity

• Account monitor and management; Daily inbound ~ outbound delinquent collection calls (200+)
Pros
Compensation, vacation, benefits, training
Cons
The only con is that my department in Oklahoma closed and I was not willing to relocate to Wisconsin
good starter job
Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 11, 2018
good job that can put you in front of the right people so you can find the right job for you. premier locations is no longer in business. will move on to the next one
Alot of work but big rewards
Sales Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, WIDecember 10, 2018
I would go back.uscellular is very customer and associate focused.oneust be available all times nights and weekends are mandatory.if you have full time status there is a lot of paid time off
Fun place to grow
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  MaineDecember 7, 2018
Fun place to grow, customers can be difficult but there was always a manager to help you out, but that was about all they did for you. A sink or swim environment but quotas were reachable.
Pros
Ability to work at your own pace, always someone wanting a phone and plan
Cons
Management left you hanging on a lot, training was poor, promises on time off and benefits were not always clear
repetitive
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MODecember 6, 2018
Repetitive Each day.
Learned All kinds of diff skills
-communication
-organization
-problem solving
-new point of sales system
The hardest thing about us cellular was hitting unrealistic sales goals set for the store.
Pros
bonus commison
Cons
to much mirco management
Inconsiderate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  McPherson, KSDecember 5, 2018
Management was inconsiderate and rude. They did not feel that my time was valuable only there is was. They don't respond to any of your questions or concerns that are no answers and no replies.
Stressful, treated as children
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKDecember 2, 2018
was stressful being on the phone 24/7 and being listened to by management and nit picked for everything. they say you can move up in six months but its a favoritism thing. they swap managers in every team and never know what the new manager wants or accepts. Feel lost in the crowd and hard to stand out based on work performance. shifts available depends on tenure and change monthly
Pros
its a job
Cons
good benefits at a cost to you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight