U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Great culture and advancement!
Interview Coach (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJuly 15, 2018
Customer focused, dynamic organization with career advancement opportunities if the associate applies themselves. Diverse culture giving back to local communities.
Na
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJuly 11, 2018
Great company with great culture and employee benefits. Leadership has passion for associates, coach to have passion for customers and satisfy customer needs
Good sales experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pittsburg, KSJuly 11, 2018
Great program in training and developing sales and interpersonal relationships. environment was very social and felt more like a community than a work place
Pros
flexible hours, commission
Cons
commission, phone calls into customer service department
Good company
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 4, 2018
The company was good but there were minimal advancement opportunities when I was there. The team was great and at times it was stressful, especially around Christmas. Those were also the best times to earn more money with sales.
fun and rewarding place to work
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJuly 3, 2018
fun place to work with great benefits. Company phone that is upgraded yearly, on site cafeteria, quarterly bonuses, yearly raises, great office culture
benefits
Cons
management
Great team
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth, MEJuly 2, 2018
The employees at U.S Cellular was fantastic. Great work environment. Always a great time, management was great and friendly at all times. It was great to learn about the process of working with and setting up cellphones
Pros
One hour lunches, management bought us lunch frequently
Cons
Long hours if working with a customer on a timely manner
If you like stress, this job is for you
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Marion, IAJune 30, 2018
There is poor management at U.S. Cellular. Managers seem to not accept any valuable feedback and have little care in the world for you as a human being. The "leaders" (I use quotes because there is no such thing as "leadership" here) always give you a different answer when asking questions. Very little associate motivation. The money and bonuses are great though.
Pros
Money, Free phone
Cons
Poor Management, Little room to grow
Good pay but beware
Technical Support Representative (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 29, 2018
Us cellular provides excellent wages and benefits but those come with a cost.

Stress management is a must to work there as in multiple roles at the company you are expected to learn to preform others tasks.

Many times you pick up the pieces of another associate that fails to effectively preform their job causing you additional workload

Be wary as the company is on a downward trend in losing subscribers and loss of network stability due to an implementation of network technology that the company was not large enough to effectively implement.
Positive and Fun Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 29, 2018
While working there I was offered numerous side projects and my decisions were typically supported when they were sound.The benefits were good and the management was pleasant.
Loved most of my team
Systems Technician II (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 28, 2018
Learned a lot from different team members that had been there for some time. Did Executive support, store support, end user support. Deskphone and mobile phone support. Worked with MDT for imaging. Had a bully on the team when I started we over came that through HR support guiding the team and management.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Some management was not the greatest
review
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Knoxville, TNJune 27, 2018
U.S. Cellular constantly is looking for ways to increase profit by taking it from the pockets of their employees. In my time here they have year over year found ways to change the commission structure to cut the pay of employees.
The best company to work for
Customer Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 25, 2018
This company was the best one to work for. The environment was team oriented and very fun. Working here was a pleasure and I would have still been with the company if they were where we moved to.
Middle of the road now.
Application Development Engineer (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJune 24, 2018
It was rather nice in the beginning for me in their Engineering org. Now the business is trying to remain competitive but is squeezing their engineers to the point of...<some crazy word>.
Pros
Pay is fair to me, benefits are okay
Cons
Open office layout, management, moving away from engineering to services, outsourcing engineering
Relaxed but productive place to work
Web Chat Associate, Customer Resolutions Associate (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 22, 2018
Managers are excellent. Some coaches that work below managers could use some work. Great job culture. There are many opportunities to advance within the company.
Pros
Benefits = Healthcare, Dental, Vision, 401k. Bonus money for high adherence.
Cons
Drafted for multiple holidays, difficult to take vacation days due to limited vacation hours provided per department, and limited sick time.
Fun place to work/awesome people
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WIJune 22, 2018
I loved working for US Cellular, Always had fun working there, The people you work with there are amazing. The part getting used to is continuous change which happens in almost any sales job. Commission structure has a tendency to change quite often too but does need to in order to keep the company working at its proper goals.
Pros
great benefits/fast paced/variety
Cons
work life balance/quota pressure
Stressful
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kennewick, WAJune 21, 2018
I worked for US Cell for two years and as much as I loved my coworkers management was hard to work with. My vacation was declined 3 different times this year and I was hardly able to take a weekend off a month. I was constantly asked to help train new hires and still complete all my job duties aside from that. I always hit quota, in fact meeting quota was the easiest part of this position. I was given other duties that were not on the job description. I always felt like my job was on the line and even though I had a day off I was constantly called by my manager. Lunch breaks were almost never given and if we took them they would be blowing your phone up to come back as soon as possible. I didn't know about 10 min breaks till I was a year in a half into this position. NO WORK LIFE BALANCE
When I was asked to work over time they would send me home at the end of the week so they can cut my hours and wouldn't have to pay me over time.
Pros
Easy to sell their product
Cons
stressfull, angry customers, managers dont have your back
very fun and relaxing
retail sales consultant (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 20, 2018
Working at US Cellular was a good experice overall. It was a very relaxing work environment with helpful people. No advancement opportunities. The is no longer existing.
Pros
people
Cons
advancement
A good place to work
Telesales Associate (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 20, 2018
This is a good place to work in assisting customers with their wireless needs. Did not feel the level of comfort for Web Chat with taking 3 chats at one time as it can cause a delay with assisting customers in a timely fashion.
Disappointing
Wireless Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Alcoa, TNJune 19, 2018
Working in the Alcoa store was felt like being in Kindergarden. The management watched your every move, and instead of allowing the team to promote what is truly best for the customer, we had to push new products onto them, although they may not have needed or wanted them...all to drive sales up. Weekly "sales meetings" were a complete waste of time, and were an hour of "GO TEAM" and "YEAH, WE CAN DO IT" type of stuff. The management cared only about their advancement and salary, and not what the customers or the team thought would be best.
benefits
Cons
competitveness, management
Management Changes
Infrastructure Engineer (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 18, 2018
Overall I really enjoyed working for USC. But it changed with continuous trend of new Mgmnt & new process. They have fallen behind the trend of evolution new technology. Automation & Cloud.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.8Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight