U.S. Cellular
61Average
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

United States1,846 reviews
Found 1,846 reviews matching the search
I was There for 3 years and loved it I just Wish the Hours were better.I would say they would need to do a difference in training from the store and as well as the kiosk completely different sales tactics
Pros
Commission
Cons
Short breaks
Since USCC hired new senior leaders for their retail teams, all they have done is cut jobs to save money. There is no development any longer, they just fire people constantly for violations
Pros
Retail hours are not long
Cons
Best work experience of my cellular time. They take care of their customers and their employees. Management is on point and my experience was mostly positive.
I moved out of the area. That is the only reason I am no longer with USCC. I was with them nearly 9 years. All companies have opportunities for growth and change. USCC does listen to feedback from the employees and works to set a higher standard. The pay and benefits are great. Add to that the opportunities for bonuses and it rally makes it great company to work for.
Pros
Great pay and benefits with opportunities to grow and advance
Cons
Before COVID it would have been nice to have a work from home option.
They are a great place to work. The training prepares you for the job and everyone is great! Very supportive of anything you might need. The hours are not that flexible
Pros
Pay, Support
Cons
Not Flexible
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
The culture of the company is about being dynamic. They are genuinely part of the community and have a very diverse work force. The most enjoyable part of the job is the friendships between coworkers. We felt like not only a team but also a family. Unfortunately it is very much a business and if you are not hitting 100% of your goals, you will be terminated. One of the most difficult parts of the job is that it is not consistent. The difference between a good month or a bad month is very much related to being in the right place at the right time. Even if you do everything right, if a customer doesn't pay their bill or switches providers you can get a charge back which effects your quota's. There are some parts of the job you have no control over but you are still held accountable.
Pros
Great group of employees make it a fun place to work. Good benefits including free phone service.
Cons
If you are struggling to hit sales goals, they won't hesitate to get rid of you.
Leadership in the midwest is non-existent. Was terminated after 23 years with nothing on my record ever. Was one of the top performing stores in the organization with very little recognition. Two women over 40 terminated and 1 over 40 left due to not fitting the new ASM's qualifications.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor local leadership or lack of
I didn't care for my supervisor and just about everyone in my department didn't care for my supervisor she was not good and she does not help people there were many people that as soon as they found out she was became a supervisor they left the team and department to get away from her
I really enjoyed working at a sales job like this, I found it intriguing to see how this kind of business worked from the inside out. I do with the location I was transferred to was closer.
The pay they offer is very great, but it is a sales position. Like most sales jobs, the team is not very team-like. Each person is competing against each other.
It provides me with assertive marketing and sales experience. Assist with basic phone technology repairs and troubleshooting. Teach customers how to operate and set up their phones for their everyday needs.
Good organizational project management framework with poor structure and execution. Experience will only as good as the department you are exposed to.
this company was all about s** and make fun of other employees If you stood out you are casted out point blank even talked to hr and nothing changed .
Lots of learning! Pay is not so great for what you have to deal with on the customer end. A lot of yelling and stress the company as a whole is terrific it's the customers that are next level.
Will thrive to satisfy the company’s needs before taking you as a worker into consideration not flexible with your schedule will change your schedule around what is best for the company lost all flexibility
Work environment was friendly and calm like home. They offered advancement opportunity and cared about you as a person. The pay was good and matched what you were doing. They offered great cell phone plans.
Great customer care team! Excellent management and open communication. Training and weekly meetings assisted in learning crazy acronyms within the cellular business.
great company to work for great pay and benefits management is really awesome as well and want you to achieve co workers are fun as well just a great company to be in
Terrible company very much about "who's in the circle". If you aren't - watch out, they will get you for something! Since Jack Rooney passed away, executives have changed and it's all about the bottom dollar and not the frontline associate. Added "winning" to the core values and that's what it became about - all about winning. The chevrons use to clearly chart the way for leaders. Now, it's just writing on the wall... Dynamic Organization is gone!
There was feuding between groups that report in to separate Senior Directors. It was a highly political company and little respect for the opinions from groups outside their own. Our group was equally political and disrespected the opinions from outside groups. I did an exercise at the working level to help with this and it had some positive impact but the senior directors still had an issue.
To sum up my experience:

To get a management job you have to either be friends with a current manager or HAVE to agree with every single thing they say. If you question anything you will not get a promotion. Anything you question they record on a “doc log” on a computer for any manager to see.

To hit numbers as a RWC you have to, as a manager told me, “push the boundaries of what is ethical”. Also if you try talking to management about things that are unethical, they will tell you that you don’t know what ethics are. Certain associates constantly setup fraud lines and then get praised for their numbers. If the store is struggling for numbers some managers encourage you to do fraud lines (so they won’t get in trouble for numbers) and then they try to play it off like they didn’t realize it was fraud.

Management constantly gossips to each other about their associates (which goes back to them all being friends outside of work).

The money is decent but it is always decreasing. It’s to the point that if you’ve been there a while you can predict how they are going to change the commission structure and try to explain to you how it’s “going to benefit you”.

Numbers are near impossible certain months or quarters, even your immediate management will tell you this. The only way to come close to hitting numbers is to come in almost every day off to meet up with customers. If you aren’t there and one of your customers comes in, even if they ask for you, you lose the sale. Work life balance is near impossible between working retail hours and the need to come in almost
 - more...
Pros
Decent money
Cons
Unethical, poor management, like to promote externally
Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
3.0Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight