U.S. Cellular Employee Reviews

Found 1,534 reviews matching the search See all 1,538 reviews
Stable Company
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 23, 2018
Easy place to enjoy working, but very low appetite for risk or innovation. Compensation is generally competitive, and many employees have been around for 10+ years. Leadership is focused on controlling costs.
Terrible management
Retail Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  OklahomaSeptember 18, 2018
Management is terrible. Compensation sucks unless you exceed the quota they set for you. You can sell a $1000 phone and make $7 or thousands in accessories and make $30. It wasn't a happy place to be.
Pros
Company phone
Cons
Training, management and pretty much everything else
Weird Culture
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Pewaukee, WISeptember 18, 2018
The culture is strange... If you don't live eat and breath US Cellular you become an outsider and it can get really awkward. It might have been because of the call center environment but it's not for me.
Call Center
Call Center / Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WISeptember 16, 2018
Us Cellular is a great company to work for. You get good benefits along with being able to choose your work schedule. Paid training, vacation and time off.
Director of Marketing (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 14, 2018
Collaboration is key to working at USCC. Those who succeed build relationships proactively so that they are strong and collegial when reliance on those relationships are needed.
Pros
phone allowance
N/a
Retail Wireless Consultant (RWC) (Former Employee) –  Centralia, WASeptember 14, 2018
Working for U.S. Cellular in the beginning was great. Over the past few years the culture has taken a turn for the worse. There is absolutely no consistency in what leadership expects from associates. The company does offer good benefit options.
Pros
Phone provided to you as well as service
Cons
No Consistency in schedules or Corrective actions
Generally a good place to work
Product Management (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2018
People are generally friendly and open to help. It's a very cross-functional environment throughout the organization. They go through a reorganization about every 3 years, and your position may be eliminated. It seems the only constant is change (depending on the department it can vary). Once you reach senior manager level, it becomes difficult to move into director position.
Cons
Every 3 years they go through a reorganization, which eliminates positions.
Great company to work for.
Facility Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 10, 2018
U.s. cellular follow their mission statement to the letter they promoted from within and promoted great customer service.
I was able to work for US Cellular for 4 years and during that time was promoted three times within the company they believe in promoting from within and they have excellent training.
Pros
Promoted great customer service
Cons
I was so sorry that US Cellular left the Chicagoland area
Hardest part for me
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  Marshalltown, IASeptember 6, 2018
I love the people I work with. I love the team we have and the family it builds. The only thing I dont like is sometimes they lack the team work. And I dont like that life should be pushed by trying to sell things to someone in order for us to be successful even more.
Great Pay & Benefits, and thats where it ends
Wireless Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ankeny, IASeptember 5, 2018
I worked for US Cellular for a little over a year. Having a previous background in wireless, I knew some of what to expect. Pay was very good based on the industry average, as long as sales targets are hit. We had many very, very slow months, and sales targets weren't adjusted to be realistic when traffic was down.I felt that my job was secure, however there was little talk of advancement across the board. It seemed that un-ethical employees were promoted first, and others were only considered for promotion when they were desperate. Basically, as long as someone had steller sales numbers, it didn't matter how they got them. Management was the thing that drove me out. Even in very understaffed stores, upper management made no effort to staff stores, held job fairs with no advertising, and ignored applications when they came in. They also are not trained whatsoever on the sales systems, so when you did have a question, you received a blank stare most of the time, with no answer. Overall, not the worst job I've had, but I wouldn't go back.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Bad management, crazy schedule, bad hours
Coaching few and far between
Financial Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, WISeptember 3, 2018
U.S.Cellular did not give good on the job training, little to no coaching, and is not flexible to offer time off when needed for appointments. Management was questionable for direction getting multiple answers all different when asking questions.
Typical day of work
Retail Sales Consultant (Former Employee) –  Eden, NCSeptember 3, 2018
I loved the environment and coworkers. The company was not strict on credit approvals so the sale were easy to make. In the time I was there I created a customer base and they remained loyal to me. I knew my products and services and I loved working for them.
Pros
Leniency on security deposit
Cons
No healthcare/benefits
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Waukesha, WIAugust 31, 2018
Punch
Team huddle
Management up lifting
Workplace culture is diversity
The hardest part is troubleshooting
The most enjoyable part is solving problems for the people
Great Learning Opportunity
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 31, 2018
I enjoy working at US Cellular because I am always learning new things and keeping up with technology. You get behind-the-desk experience and get a chance to workout bills, insurance, sales, and so much more.
mostly good
System Performance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, TNAugust 30, 2018
US Cellular was a fun company to work for. Great pay, great co-workers. i enjoyed the free cell phone and other benefits. every few years i would receive a new work computer.
Temporary
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIAugust 26, 2018
It was a temporary job doing data entry. I would do it again if asked. It was a month long position. I met some pretty great, easy going people while working for them. No weekends worked, as it was through a temp service.
competitive
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Lucie, FLAugust 24, 2018
I worked for US Cellular for 4 yrs. Very competitive only 2 of us out of 4 or 5 were top performers. She was there longer than me. again she was favored not me.
benefits
Cons
favoritism
The best and worst job you’ll ever have.
Retail Wireless Consultant (Current Employee) –  IowaAugust 24, 2018
High stress, high energy position with constant multitasking and a very wide variety of tasks and challenges. Compensation is unstable at best but benefits and vacation are fair. Recently employee discount was almost entirely removed.
Patience, great communication skills, a good personality/attitude, a plethora of personal phone knowledge, honesty, and thick skin are a must have.
Pros
Managers are relaxed and work life balance is usually very good, Low competitiveness and great team work between consultants, customers are sometimes great.
Cons
Constant pay restructuring, frustrating and overly complicated computer system, Insufficient training, Customers are often unreasonable, overly demanding and sometimes verbally abusive.
busy work environment
Data Technical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILAugust 22, 2018
Typical day we answered upwards of 300-500 calls from customers needing advanced technical support/troubleshooting of US Cellular products and services.

Learned a great deal about smartphone devices and operating systems, personal and corporate email platforms.

Management didn't feel to supportive.

Workplace culture was fair.

Hardest part of the job was attempting to resolve advanced technical issues with no written protocol.

The most enjoyable part of the job were the employees I worked with.
Pros
free cellular service and smart device
Cons
no technical troubleshooting protocol in place.
Great place to work, Takes some thick skin though
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAAugust 22, 2018
Being in the cell phone industry you will find that people are often hooked to their phones like a fish caught on a line. US Cellular offers great benefits and great pay, you just have to be ready for customers to battle and bruise you every step of the way.
Pros
Chill work place, Sales
Cons
Frustrating Customers, Sales

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Cellular. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.5Fairygodboss Score

33%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss