U.S. Census Bureau Employee Reviews

Found 3,561 reviews matching the search See all 3,582 reviews
Great job
Enumerator and Leave Associate Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Woodland Park, COFebruary 15, 2019
Enjoyed working as a team and individually in the field. typical day at work was going door to door and interviewing people. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting interesting and kind people. The worst part of the job was getting rejected or not treated with respect.
4 out of 5
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 14, 2019
It was a fast paced job. Busy processing new hires paperwork. It was a fun environment. I learned to be tactful in speaking to others.
The best position I ever had. I was given favor from day 1. Working with the HR and Admin Specialist opened the door for me to learn HR practices. It also taught me to be professional, tactful and to manage my workload meeting deadlines on time. Orientation was always a fun time for me. Meeting new people and welcoming them to the Census. I met a lot of people from a 3 state region, Mississippi, Louisiana and Texas. The workplace culture was very diversified. A typical day at work was answering the phone, incoming and outgoing calls. Making offers and contacting new hires regarding paperwork. The forms had to be completed accurately, checked and signed. Entering data into the different databases, filing and other clerical duties.
great place to work
Statistical Clerk (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 14, 2019
Great place to work let u make your schedule have pto time for partime and fulltime the hours available or great. npting hard about the job and a typical day at work Is pleasant
Pros
great
Cons
make schedule
More temp work
Geographic Technician (Current Employee) –  Jeffersonville, INFebruary 13, 2019
You have a better chance if your are a vet and well educated to get a well paid job that is permanent. There seem to be more temp jobs here than permanent. You really have know people here to get on permanent. I also it seem to be more women leads and supervisor than men. This place need more diversity, and more energy. People seem to be sad and depress. Maybe when they get this new building in the yr of 2020 it will be better.
Pros
laid back atomsphere, not too stress
Cons
politcal
A Typical day of work
Enumerator (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 8, 2019
Pay was great
Knocked on resident doors pretty close to neighborhood I lived in
Job was close to home
worked with an in-law after all ( that was experience of a life time)
Pros
Pay was great
Cons
Time too short to work (Temp Job)
field work
Enumerator (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Harlem, NYFebruary 8, 2019
a typical day with the census bureau would be going door to on a daily basis in order to collect the data that was needed
I saw how after I did my job the community benefited with proceeds
it actually made a difference in the community
the hardest part was dealing with people whom did not wish to participate or cooperate
most enjoyable was seeing and making a difference and the work payed off there are not many jobs inter office most were in the field
Administrative Technician (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 7, 2019
Great place to work at would still be at office if they had not restructured and closed the office I worked at. Management and supervisor's were great.
success
clasified (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 6, 2019
my first manager was great then he let for a different position the second manger was on a power trip and we never saw eye to eye I when above him and had hime terminated for his unethical behavior towards others
Run-of-the mill office work with higher purpose
Survey Statistician (Former Employee) –  Suitland, MDFebruary 6, 2019
A typical day at work involves clocking in, having a morning meeting where you can discuss what needs to be done or communication issues, then ending the rest of the day by focusing on tasks that you may have before you. Fridays are either slow, or saturated with meetings.
Pros
Cheap, quality eatieries on-site
Cons
Meetings can cut into breaks
Wonderful Experience for Me
Enumerator (Census Taker) (Former Employee) –  Oceanside, CAFebruary 5, 2019
Every working hour with the Census Bureau was great for me, because I got to meet new people every day, talk to them and interview them, record their answers, complete the Census Questionnaires, and then meet with my crew at the end of each day for new residences to visit and complete interviews at..

My crew leader was an easy going man, kind hearted, funny and hard working, patient and so helpful.
csr
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 5, 2019
i made and took calls doing surveys. It was a great place to work and the people I worked with made it fun. it wasn't a bad place to work and i would tell anyone who wanted to work there to apply, it is a great place to work.
Temp Job but easy to manage with other daily tasks
Enumerator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 5, 2019
You are required to do a certain number of files per week. If you need more you can request them from your supervisor. Your work is highly dependent on your own schedule building.
Pros
You set your hours
Cons
Not permanent
Work as you learn the neighborhood
Enumerator (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALFebruary 3, 2019
Working with the Census Bureau is an outstanding task; not only are you working but you get a chance to learn whom is your neighbors. The best part is as you are assign a particular area you can go door to door to complete each form on your list.
Pros
Very Convenient
Cons
Temporary
Very fun but structured work environment
Tier 1 Help Desk (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAJanuary 26, 2019
Workplace environment was great. We were under time constraints but we as an entire office did a great job collaborating on several projects. We worked hard and played hard.
Pros
pay
Cons
short lunch
Important, necessary work with nice colleagues
Re-Interview Clerk: (Former Employee) –  Skokie, ILJanuary 25, 2019
Phone calls to verify questionnaire responses.
How to use demographic database tools for research.
Supervisor was efficient and recognized my abilities.
Relaxed congenial culture.
Repetitive nature of work was difficult.
Learning about my community.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Low compensation
you only working, fun only if you enjoy to to do this kind of work, not easier at all
bi-lingual interviewer, monitor coach (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 25, 2019
Interviews scheduled 0-40 hr/week, Rarely they have over time to work, training for new projects available. Culture and management could be better ,The hardest when you know you are treating not fear, best we you are running surveys successful.
Pros
good if you have enough hours to work
Cons
sometimes interviewers did not have hours to work
I Loved It
census Enumerator (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 24, 2019
This was a great place to work. Unfortunately the position I had was a temporary position. I would love to work with them again. The hours were very reasonable for it to be a temporary position.
Pros
Outside all day
Cons
I was a temporary position
Field Representative
Field Representative (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJanuary 23, 2019
Great place to work. Job calls for great customer service skills. You have daily contact with customers by phone or in person. Supervisors are always there to help.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Meeting People From Many Cultures
Enumerator/Caseworker (Former Employee) –  Garfield, NJJanuary 23, 2019
It's too bad working for the U.S. Census only becomes available once every ten years. It's a very interesting way to meet people from many different cultures. And you feel you are contributing to an important cause,
Pretty good
Enumerator (Former Employee) –  North Lauderdale, FLJanuary 22, 2019
Simple job, unfortunately à short one too. But they pay more than enough when the jobs open up again. I feel it's very much worth a look into, if only for the experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Census Bureau. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3
52K

Ratings from women

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight