U.S. Chamber of Commerce Employee Reviews

Review
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 2, 2017
Fast-paced environment/ work is demanding/ co-workers are nice/interaction with the public on a daily basis/ lots of policy to learn/closed work site/
Great environment; balance work place
Accounts Payable Specialist (Temp) (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 2, 2017
I was a temp so vacation days and benefits did not apply to me. However, it is a place once hired, you will stay until you retired. The all Finance and Accounts Payable Team and management was a pleasure to work with. Worked well in making sure the all entities were taken care of. If you had a question and need clarity to do your job, everyone was will to get you what was needed.
Pros
Get what you need to do the job; great attitudes, great environment; company and team social great
Cons
none observed. Just wish they had an open position for my skills.
Great enviroment with exceptional people
Financial Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Washington City, DCSeptember 11, 2017
Working at the chamber everyone was always ready to help you learn and there was always something new to learn s you always felt accomplished. This incentivized the want to learn to processes and just be better at your job.
Pros
People
Cons
Salary
got tired of the travel very quickly and all of the stops I had to make.
Membership director (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 27, 2017
Loved interacting with business owners but did not like the travel and stop and start part of the business. Going to one business, then getting into the care and going to another right after, travelling all over the cities I had to cover.
Pros
I was my own boss
Cons
travel, wear and tear on car, stop and go
Toxic environment
Managing Editor/Senior Writer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 20, 2017
I worked at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in the Communications division. I found that division, in particular, to be a very petty, political, "mean girl" environment. Turnover was quite high, morale was very low.
A very nice environment and great people!!
Xerox Client Associate (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 19, 2016
I've been working with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce since January and so far, it's been very pleasant and the people here are real nice.
Great place to work!
Executive Scheduler (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 31, 2016
Great atmosphere and friendly people. CEO is highly visible and approachable as are all the executives. Great benefits as well.
Uscc
Senior Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 9, 2016
Great compensation and benefits once you are a full-time employee. They like to do temp to hire with less senior roles. Great location and co-workers as well as leadership.
Pros
compensation and benefits
Cons
stressful environment
Mechanical Engineer Inter
Corporate Fellow (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 12, 2016
This organization clearly values the safety and well-being of its employees. As an intern I was always provided the mentorship and tools necessary to handle special projects and tasks.
Awesome opportunity with truly exceptional people
Internship (Former Employee) –  LondonMarch 14, 2016
It's not all a cake run through. You will work hard but you will meet some of the most interesting people in the world. Great place to get your feet wet in international business.
Pros
Excellent personal growth opportunity and cool people
Cons
Interns don't get paid
Changing organization
Sr Director (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCFebruary 26, 2016
A prestigious organization who is having a hard time trying to accept the modern business environment. Companies are challenged in seeing the value of the Chamber and are leaving the organization.
Pros
Great benefits
Good place to grow
Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 6, 2016
It is a solid place to work but your experience will be depend on your specific division and direct supervisor. Some are great, some are not so great.
There is always something new happening so there's almost never a dull moment.
Pros
Lots of events, good location, interesting people
Excellent Organization
Senior Counselor (Former Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 1, 2015
Performing vital work as the nation's business voice in the nation's capitol. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world's largest business organization representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions. Our members range from mom-and-pop shops and local chambers to leading industry associations and large corporations. They all share one thing--they count on the Chamber to be their voice in Washington, D.C.
Pros
great benefits
Cons
Few
Pro-Business at the expense of America
Staff Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington DCAugust 12, 2015
Enter as an idealist, leave as a cynic. The Chamber of Commerce promotes business the same way Walmart moving into a small town promotes free enterprise. Sure, main-street is a ghost town and the welfare rolls have tripled, and the once quaint small town is now indistinguishable from millions in a post-industrial waste, but the GDP is up 1.2%!
Meaningful intern experience with lots of events
Event and Marketing Assistant of USCC Foundation (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 5, 2015
The U.S Chamber of Commerce has very good working environment. Its college training program for students is really well-organized. My most enjoyable part of the job is that I had chance to get involved in many events and I could network with people from other companies.
Great working environment and great people within the company
Staff Assistant / Facilities Department (Current Employee) –  Washington DcJanuary 5, 2015
The US Chamber is a great place to work. I interact with great people on a daily basis. The US Chamber opened their doors and tought me a lot of benificial information throughout the last 3 years with assisting high officals and managers. I've also learned how to conduct myself in a professional manner with outside vendors. The management within my department is great and well organized and they care alot about their employees. Working at the Chamber was a great experience.
Pros
Great managers who take care of their staff
Great environment!
Associate Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 17, 2014
It's a great place to work that focuses on the health of the economy. A typical day at work is hard to describe as it is fast moving and ever changing. The employees I've worked with are truly dedicated professionals seeking to make the best of the American workforce and improve life for all.
Best work environment
Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2014
Work with people who believed and supported your goals, dreams and aspirations. Provided an environment to allow employees to pursue and make their dreams a reality. Great, caring staff.
Nothing is fair only if boss likes you
Executive Director, Membership Sales (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXSeptember 20, 2014
Boss says he admits he isn't fair. He is not in the office very much. Unprofessional and has a double standard. Good leads go to the same people.
benefits
Cons
friends gets the best leads
Great Mission
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington D.C.June 15, 2014
The organization has a great mission serving those who served.