U.S. Coast Guard Employee Review

View all U.S. Coast Guard reviews

Exciting and stressful Search and Rescue based experiences
Fireman - E3 (Former Employee) –  San Diego CAJune 9, 2014
Being in the Coast Guard is a very diverse task. It is hard to explain a normal day at work considering it differed every day. Some days we were working on the boats or helicopters, working out and normal daily routines. Other days we were chasing drug runners, assisting in towing disabled vessels to the harbor, and search and rescue. It gave me the opportunity to learn how to be very diverse and multi-task. People that i worked with all loved the job we all had a passion for helping people and protecting our country so it made it easy to get along with everyone. The hardest part of the job was being away from home and some times no sleep for 48 hrs. But for the most part it was very enjoyable. There is nothing more enjoyable and rewarding then saving a life.
Pros
pay, benefits, people
Cons
hours

Other U.S. Coast Guard Employee Reviews

MTSA Facility Division Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rhode IslandApril 21, 2018
Is a great agency with good peoples to support their peers. Always had great opportunities for all personnel to improve and allow to move within the pyramid of ranks.
Benefits
Cons
Need to rotate with family every couple of years.
weee
Commercial Fisherman (Current Employee) –  Kodiak, AKApril 20, 2018
its amazing and i loved every minute of it. one time i saw a whale. then i ran into a pirate boat full of people. we saved those people. patrick swayze is my hero too
Pros
free hjs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Coast Guard. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5
51K

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight