U.S. Concrete Employee Reviews

U guys want to get rid of Union 282 heavy A rate?
Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  QueensAugust 13, 2018
This concrete vehicles r heavy. Driving in the city is crazy difficult. Cost of living goes through the roof and u want to pay pro drivers 28$????🤯 Good luck with that!!

More over this company tries to get rid of Union workers that had a better rate and benefits in favor of business profit! Remember u business is nothing without good professional drivers. So even now this company is looking for drivers online on job search portals. Why??? Because they are cheap! Stay away of this company and concrete industry if they don't offer A Union rate anymore. I better be safe and drive a Box truck then a concrete truck for this miserable pay.
I'm emotional here, but I tell the truth to all new drivers that still think to go there.

Good luck finding a better company guys.
Pros
No goodies
Cons
Low pay
Try something else first
Mixer Driver (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 4, 2018
Only good thing about this job was the pay. The job itself has horrible hours they’ll work you to 60 hours a week every week if they could. There is no work life balance whatsoever. We work 6 days a week and God forbid you asked for a day off. Management will never acknowledge it and would rather not approve you for the day so you’re better off calling out. They always overload the trucks. Additionally, the worst part of the job is the lack of professionalism and organization from the management staff. They never take responsibility over anything.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Great company to work for
Help Desk Manag (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
I started as an accounts payable specialist and grew with the company to manage the helpdesk for several years. Learned new software and grew leaps and bounds.
Management has changed over the recent years
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Elmwood Park, NJJuly 10, 2018
I was there before management changed, and during the process. It was always a nice place to work! Every workplace has a little drama, what are ya gonna do. They never bounced a check, and I was paid extremely fairly for a woman in the workplace, I know I was paid more than a male counterpart, so if you are a good worker, you don't have to worry about that whole problem here. I actually had a lot of fun working there. Some memories I'll never forget.
Pros
monthly luncheons
Cons
they weren't making any money so that stressed everybody out
Poor Management
IT (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXJuly 2, 2018
The IT department is poorly run. Lots of turn over because management is poor. Nepotism is blatant. The IT managers have followed each other to multiple companies over the past 2 decades. IT systems are in poor shape, due to the management problems. IT Management routinely threatens jobs to get results. Perspective employees should look elsewhere if you are looking for a long term position. HR should have a better handle on the situation, unfortunately they look the other way.
Pros
Cons
Poor IT Management
Sale
Technical Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 15, 2018
Accurately run field or lab trial batches and other various quality control tests.Monitor plant operations, materials and performance, and accurate data entry.Responsible daily production and review concrete mix designs report.
Pros
Ll
Cons
Aa
I got 1 50cent raise in three years
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Pompano BchApril 11, 2018
No room for advancement ,no pay praise,higher people with no social security number.and these immigrants will work for less so they don’t have to give a hard working tax payer like my self a opportunity to advance
Management feels you are replacable at any time.
Equipment Operator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 16, 2018
If you want more money work more hours is there motto. No raises in 5 yrs. They do not inform you of working weekends till on your way home or end of day. Then if you cant they treat like garbage.
poor
CDL class A Commercial Driver (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXFebruary 7, 2018
horrible company and i'd never recommend them to anyone. the hours suck, management is terrible, they overload every truck and put the driver in danger every day.
Competitive place to work
Network Administrator for the New York Region (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 26, 2018
Great Place to work Great Managers that take time to listen to issues at hand. Always Busy since many new things to accomplish on a daily basis. Always need to be available when things arise.
Run for your life
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 22, 2018
Management was horrible not a faimly man job they didnt understand that you had a life outside of Custom Crete at the time that I worked there if you have time to waste and not move up the latter I highly recommend this place
Pros
Descent wages
Cons
Everything else
fun place to work but to much playing not enough work
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLJanuary 18, 2018
When I first started I was the bobcat operator and the role was cleaning up the front . I worked there two months and got my forklift operator license . I enjoyed it but the pay wasn't worth it
Fun
CDL Class B Driver (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXAugust 12, 2017
U have to be in good shape to work here going to work at 1am and getting off at 4pm u got too love working like that or u don't have no family to go home to
Pros
No free lunch
Cons
No short break
Worst place to work rednecks every where
Concrete Mixer Driver (Current Employee) –  Chantilly, VAJuly 9, 2017
No life insurance less you but health insurance which is more than your weekly pay. Hr sucks make promised could not keep.. driver are on drugs..
Pros
10 minutes from my house
Cons
Invading of privacy with cameras on truck listen to driver conversation
US Concrete
DFW Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXNovember 3, 2016
Great place to work and people to work with and for. I would recommend working here to anyone driven to move up in the world of concrete.
Pros
People
Cons
Lots of Hours
Tough work environment
Employee (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 14, 2016
Tough work environment with a organization that hasn't scaled to meet the growth thus placing high demand and stress on the employees.
Us Concrete I Always Called That Job A Mans Jobs
Us Concrete (Former Employee) –  Pompano Beach, FLOctober 8, 2016
Us Concrete Was More Of A Mans Jobs Because Everything That You Worked With Was Very Heavy Like The Broom Was Like 30 Pounds Everything Was Extremely Heavy
The best buddies club
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJune 9, 2016
Management is horrible, and most of them should be forced to retire, since thats what they are waiting on. Most have no spine, are not qualified for their job and are so two faced it's ridiculous. They hire from outside the company, on the "buddy" system, without posting jobs. Create positions for "friends". Drivers, Plant Operators, Maintenance, all expected to work 12 plus and at times 16 hours a day. No rhyme or reason to the way orders are scheduled, and force customer service people to work until they are allowed to leave. They over book the schedule so much that theyve run off big customers. They cater to certain customers, and make deals with them because they don't want to lose them. The sales dept is completely inept.

People that don't do their jobs, blatantly, do not get fired. They get babysat, because there are so many "buddy secrets", and people that do work - are expected to cover and do the work of the people that wont. The balance of people that care and want things to be done correctly, compared to the lazy worthless people is getting lower and lower. No one cares.
Lots of finger pointing and blaming. It's a pitiful situation, when a place like this just runs people into the ground. There are no women in positions of management. Very male dominated environment. Attitude reflects leadership. Greedy money monger company.
Pros
Paycheck
Cons
All of the above
Fun place to work
Concrete Driver and Driver Trainer (Former Employee) –  Euless, TXJanuary 22, 2016
A typical day at work was fun. I learned how to drive a concrete mixer truck and management treated me very well. The co-workers were always friendly and the hardest part of the job was just dealing with the customers which is always stressful at any workplace.
Customer Service/Dispatch/Driver/Backup Plant Operator
Customer Serv/Dispatch/Driver/Backup Plant Op (Current Employee) –  Euless, TXNovember 3, 2015
Learning how concrete is taken for granted. The use of concrete differs from project/job. Working with quality control on the different types of use for concrete was very enjoyable.