U.S. Department of Health & Human Services Employee Reviews

Wordpress hosting 70% off your first term all hosting pakage and domain
Owner/Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesMarch 15, 2019
This is a very informative and helpful post, very honest and practical advice. Especially this information will be helping the new comer.you can see this site to buy good domains hosting and other things at a very low price. https://www.couponhosters.com
It is a decent place to work!
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOFebruary 21, 2019
I work with a team of public health professionals. We also work with community partners. I serve as a resource to the community, and provided TA in various areas of public health.
Professional Environment. Great co-workers.
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 22, 2019
Professional Environment. Great co-workers. I really enjoyed my time there. I have improved upon my skills as a professional. I would recommend anyone to work there.
Oig-hhs
Senior Counsel (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 10, 2019
OIG-HHS provided opportunities to work on the cutting edge of government health insurance fraud, waste and abuse issues. Colleagues are generally some of the best in their field.
Pros
Diverse challenges, cutting edge issues, great colleagues
Cons
Limits on lateral movement within organization
Fast paced
Certified Fit Tester (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 8, 2019
I am an intermittent part time disaster response employee. Very fast paced when working in disasters. Ever changing environments and duties. Some down time.
productive company
Legal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Miami, FL 33130December 28, 2018
You learn something new everyday. Everyone is so helpful. The job is flexible. Meetings are very informative. The company is very diverse. I love learning at the meetings and I love that our voice as employees are always taking into consideration in decision making for the company as a whole.
Productive and fun workplace
Grants Specialist, Federal Contractor (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 26, 2018
As a federal contractor with HHS a typical work day was very productive. I worked with an amazing team that was always there to help when needed. I learned a lot about the grants process and hope to apply what I learned in future career endeavors.
Bittersweet
Grants Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDDecember 4, 2018
This position favors employees with seniority and vets. Newcomers rarely have no opportunity for advancement. Despite this, the actual job duties were valuable.
Pros
Salary and transportation compensation
Cons
Glass ceiling for newcomers
Great working environment
Training Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pittston, PANovember 12, 2018
Worked for company contracted to provide training on a new national project.
Required interpretation of the applicable laws in order to develop original training curriculum and materials in a fast paced environment.
Also functioned as a Technical Writer; created 508 compliant user manuals, training PowerPoints, customer service scripting and job aids.
Low key job. No Stress!
Attorney Advisor (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OH 44114October 24, 2018
Great place to work if you have a family as work virtually never interferes with family life. Telework is a wonderful bonus as are the flexible working hours.
excellent for entry level
Public Health Nutritionist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GA 30314October 15, 2018
poor work life balance, lots of driving, self direction, lots of learning opportunities, no salary raise in 5 years, micromanaged by the department.

family oriented clinic
Pros
self direction
Cons
micromanagement from upper management
I really enjoyed the staff, good people to work with
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 12, 2018
I really loved working for ACL, the co workers handed you a helping hand with a smile, it was a pleasure getting up and getting ready to go to work with a group of loving people, I have experience in all the fields that I worked and the tasks were quite easy and non stressful. If I had the opportunity I would work there again, but only in a full time permanent position, because it was really hard leaving family as I called them.
Pros
Professional
Cons
Open with teaching
SA / Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 24, 2018
Great place to work. Work is interesting and important. People generally collaborate on projects and work with the mission goal in mind. Many good people in my unit who worked well together.
If you want great work life balance, great!
Financial Operation Specialist (Current Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 14, 2018
This isn't the work environment for you if you started out in a corporate workplace. The federal government has its own way of getting the work done. If you are a go-getter, then I would recommend another industry. It's not a bad place to work, it was just a matter of different workplace philosophies.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
career advancement
HHS is fulfilling
Special Assistant to the Deputy Secretary (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCSeptember 10, 2018
HHS is a very fulfilling place to work because the mission impacts everyone. Everyone has a health status so the policies and programs implemented at HHS are critical to the lives of so many people domestically and globally.
Fulfilling
Senior Program Analyst (Finance) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CA 94103September 9, 2018
You can definitely strive and build your career working in the Federal sector at HHS. The programs are well funded to secure your future. Although, there are political challenges in Washington, DC it may have some fallout on policies that may affect regional offices.
Great job
APS Provider Investigation Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXSeptember 3, 2018
Nice place to work. Pay is spotty for the qualifications. Great benefits none the less. Good changed for advancement and management is great. If only the pay was more.
Working as a contractor at HHS
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 30, 2018
Hours are not flexible
No opton to telework
Micromanaged

Good benefits
The office I supported was a good group of people overall.
the day is always fast paced.
Pros
nice group to support
Cons
too much work for the amount of pay
Shady Management & No Career Advancement
Public Health Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCAugust 29, 2018
This review/rating applies specifically to the Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology (ONC), which is housed under the Office of the Secretary (OS) at HHS.
Excellent working environment with much support
Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Talladega, ALAugust 26, 2018
Productive and exciting workplace in challenging work environment with much support. In all aspects of career and job advancement every effort is made for employee advancement.
Pros
good schedules
Cons
dangerous environments at some locations