U.S. Department of the Navy logo
U.S. Department of the Navy
Happiness rating is 77 out of 100Above average

U.S. Department of the Navy Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location.
Not your desired location?Choose a different one

Found 68 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,377 reviews

Great benefits, lot of good people to work with, high sense of accomplishment at work, healthy company culture.

The job provides opportunity for advancement, encourages teamwork, promotes high work culture with sense of accomplishment for organization mission. The corporate headquarters set good examples for employees to follow. Leadership cares for the well-being of the employee .

Pros

Rewards recognition, cash incentives

Cons

Too much relying on computer technology

Appreciation and acknowledgment from leadership

Enjoyed my work with the Navy, I was able to use skills learned in Education and serve with passion to help others reach their fullest potential. My last Supervisor was the greatest! He led with with compassion and cared about his employees. I will never forget his caring spirit and willingness to allow one to broaden their career and leadership goals. My favorite job was education and training policy writing and continuing education. I would love to go back to that type work, however had to move on for more pay due to paying daughter’s college education.

Pros

Flexible work schedules, diverse people, some leadership good, opportunities to learn, travel opportunities, appreciation ceremonies, rewards, bonus pays, etc.

Cons

Very political at times. Some prejudices, but my boss would take steps to correct issues when brought to his attention.

Proud to work for Navy

Great place to work. Very patriotic organization. An opportunity to learn great skills. Support our nation. Very positive work environment. Working with the Navy provides an excellent career.

My first government job and one of the best places to work

One of the best places I ever worked. Very supportive and friendly work environment.My supervisor was great and a pleasure to work with she provide me with all the tools I need to succeed.

No structure

No structure. Lack of compassion for employees. Unorganized. Lack of support. Poor Management. High turnover rate. Unfairness. Lack of support, Lack training.

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

The pay is not always comparable with the private sector. Also, promotion opportunities are not

Promotion opportunities and education opportunities are not always available. Although the organization speaks highly of diversity, it is not always apparent when it comes to positions that shows diversity.

Pros

Innovation, work with up to date designing tools and software.

Cons

Takes months to get software, don’t encourage people to get higher education opportunities and degrees.

US navy

It’s a great company to work for the navy has showed me a lot along they way from accountability to customer service being responsible in any and everything I do.

Summary

All info captured in survey. I was very pleased with the Navy and enjoyed being an officer in the United States Navy. I would encourage others to join.

Us navy

Best Job for 30+ years. Had the opportunity to travel the world and experience other cultures. Received a great deal of training in Labor Relations, Operations and Health Care community in state side military hospitals and military operations.

Great service to the country

The navy is a great way to serve your country with many great benefits included. Experience, healthcare, retirement, college benefits. It is a tough place to work but as long as you work hard you will succeed.

Jobs at U.S. Department of the Navy

See more jobs

Highly dependent on your rating

Choose your rate, choose your fate. This saying reigns true for many rates with abysmal advancement rates. The testing process is archaic and many good sailors don't get promoted because of the evaluation process and having to rote memorize things for a test you basically never use in your day to day operation. Other than that, the pay is pretty good if you're married and stationed in a high BAH area. Benefits are great if you have kids. Great if you're single and deployed and save your money. Don't buy a mustang as soon as you get your first paycheck and you'll be fine.

Very Good

If not for a change of management i would have remained with Department of Navy, I enjoyed the job and the Navy atmosphere. Being a Navy veteran i understood the culture.

Great Place to work with great people

excellent location, hard working individuals facilities are top notch always support for employees team building activities Leadership very accommodating and flexible with staff I was given every opportunity for training and professional development Flexible working schedule and offsite remote teleworking was great

Very good work environment/community

Everyone is very nice and willing to help in any way possible. Each person would take advantage of teachable moments that arose. The office group was social and often ate lunch together or celebrated birthdays, etc.

Pros

Friendly coworkers, great office environment

Cons

Long hours sometimes, bad traffic/commute

The Navy is great

I really enjoyed my time in and would recommend joining the service to anyone. Being in supply gave me the option to try many aspects of logistics and discover my passion for the field.

Wonderful

Do something great with your life and make the money with the benefits you and your family deserve! One can not go wrong with any Navy Command, its up to you to make the best of it

Good government job

Work/life balance was good. Interesting projects to work on and lots of opportunities to explore your interests. Red tape and bureaucracy unfortunately gets in the way of doing truly great work.

Good company

Solid industry performance. Acquisition of the company and diversification limited margin and expansion of base business through growing profitability pressure for long time employees

Pros

Cons

Sale of company

good

The Navy was good treated me well. Got to travel the world make excellent friends and great money. Took care of my family living off the military. Great

Military medical center

Good facility to learn how Military medicine works. Hours are good. Pay is good. Benefits are good. Facility is huge but very clean, has underground shops/resturants

Pros

Great food

Cons

Too far from home

Excellent for young adults who seek to better themselves and learn what they are passionate about. Provides a stable income and teaches the values of honor, courage, and commitment.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Department of the Navy. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.3