U.S. Dermatology Partners Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Would not recommend
MA (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 13, 2018
By far the worst place I have sincerely worked at. Management or HR (hard to tell who’s who since there are so MANY of them) are extremely unprofessional! They are constantly bad mouthing any employee that they don’t get along with to management and other staff members. And if you should have an issue with one of the 10+ managers be sure they will make sure to give you a negative review when it comes time for “raises”! Be worn if you want a 10 cent raise for your hard work then this is the place for you; if not look somewhere else!
US Derm
Front Desk Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 13, 2018
Typical work day clock in, check in patients go to lunch 5 hours and 45 minutes later, clock in, check in patients and clock out at 5:00.

Manager is very kind and easy to work with. Workplace culture is horrible. Co-workers shun me and have done so since the day I started. The hardest part of the job is that no one seems to like their job.

The pay is low. I have to work 7 days a week with a part time job just to pay my rent.

The hardest part of the job is being there when there isn't a team spirit. It is very cut-throat.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Pay rate
Just started
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 28, 2018
I’m very impressed so far and excited. Seems to be plenty of room for advancement. Managers are easily accessible and helpful. Staff is super friendly and accommodating. Medical benefits are pretty good.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
None so far
Typical Work Day
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXJuly 19, 2018
fast paced. Training could be a lot better. I did not receive enough training. Dr's and the nurses along with other staff members are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough training
The HR Team is Amazing
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2018
Very helpful and available. They respond quick and ensure to support employees. They always give employees the benefit of the doubt and help teach them resources to improve performance. Best HR team I have worked with!
Pros
Good Pay
fast paced and organized
Surgical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJuly 16, 2018
My days consisted of surgery scheduling and preparing patients for surgery. I scheduled surgeries for multiple surgeons. My surgeries consisted of excision and mohs procedures. The hardest part of my job is not delegating some of my workflow to others. I enjoyed my day by having face to face interactions with my patients.
Rapidly expanding and collaborative Company!
Home Office (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXJune 28, 2018
An an employee you feel like your voiced is heard and valued. Leadership fosters the idea of growth from within and actively promotes this idea. The rapid expansion of the company provides vast amounts of growth in your professional career. Training sessions are always and openly encouraged. It is a great company were one can grow and explore different career paths.
Pros
Benefits, Compensation, Pto, Working Enviornment
Cons
The lack of tuition reibursement
Great culture!
Office Manager (Current Employee) –  Leawood, KSJune 28, 2018
Since I started at US Derm, everyone has been welcoming. The company is team focused and takes care of its employees and patients well. Everyone has been willing to teach me without complaints. The Administrator is very caring and approachable. Managers are sent to Dallas for training which is very helpful and insightful.
Pros
Lunch provided often, large discounts, great team environment
Cons
None so far
Lack of quality management, a constant cluster of who knows what is going on
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 25, 2018
For the Houston region, Lack of quality management in this company. On site office managers know nothing about back office and are allowed to run rabid while regional managers slap bandaids on problems. Expectations are high while working environments are terrible. I had high hopes for this company despite the warnings, unfortunately they do not have it together in the Houston/Gulf Coast region. I would certainly hope the other regions employees are taken better care of and are provided with safe and comfortable working environments.
Pros
Patients are generally well taken care of. Ok benefits, but pretty expensive for such a large company
Cons
Management is terrible. Unstable and sometimes unsafe working environments.
Beware
LVN (Former Employee) –  ClinicJune 16, 2018
No room for advancement and they refer to medical assistants as “nurse”. They overwork you and under pay you. Management is unprofessional, plays favorites and doesn’t discipline certain people. HR just tells you to “go online” for everything when you have a question and is not very friendly.
no time for lunch
MA (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXJune 9, 2018
Coming to work on time every day and staying late everyday with so much work you rarely get a lunch break
poor management with "favoritism"
(Coworker always gone but still has the job, and gets to go on vacation)
I dont understand how someone who is chronically calling off can still keep the job. This creates a negative work environment.
Pros
healthcare, vision, dental
Cons
short staff, no one cares about complaints or issues brought up
Business Office
Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 29, 2018
Physicians and Clinics are great. Corporate employees have perks. Clinic staff and Corporate are completely separate from the Business Office which is plagued with horrible management. Most employees of the BO are unhappy there - Accounting, Billing, Phone Team. One of the "Top Dermatology Companies in the Nation", but they cannot even buy their employees a free lunch. We had to BEG for an ice machine during the summer- it was too expensive! Over 50 people used 1 microwave and 2 bathroom stalls for women. The management are all-ears for gossip and pettiness. None of the accomplishments of the company are shared with the BO. Very tense and stressful environment. Very, Very poorly ran. Grew way too fast and have never caught up. Constant mishaps.
Pros
Cons
See above
Best company to work for
Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasMay 5, 2018
This is one of the best companies to work for, mangers are flexible willing to work with staff anyway possible, great coworkers, supportive management, options to grow in the company.
Terrible company with bizarre off-site management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakeway, TXMay 2, 2018
The clinical manager is in HOUSTON for the LAKEWAY location and will watch the staff on cameras and will take screenshots of the staff...the off-site manager is very frustrating because there is no supervisor on-site to deal with patient issues (and trust me there are a lot of those) or other issues like inventory logs.

Avoid at all costs if you want to stay sane.
Pros
Cons
Awful management
If you work with integrity this is not the work environment for you
Nurse (Current Employee) –  TexasFebruary 4, 2018
Poor poor regional management, with no qualifications/health care knowledge. If you have a license beware. They refer to unlicensed medical assistants as "nurse"
senior management didnt see fit the needs of many
IT Administrator Support (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 29, 2017
I expected to make a difference with the company but all of senior management quit the organization and moved onto other companies with showed in levels of management.
Solid company
Regional Office Manager of Arlington Practices (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 10, 2015
I learned a lot from this job. Upper management had a great plan and intentions. Good leadership and structure. Communication was good. Friendly and positive atmosphere with willingness to go the extra mile to educate, teach and train.
Great Company
Insurance Verification (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TexasJanuary 9, 2012
Great Company, with a great staff on people, team work at this company was great. I did my Externship with U S Dermatology. Great Company.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
job was in arlington, texas