U.S. Dermatology Partners Employee Reviews

Stressful
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  South Riding, VADecember 5, 2018
Very stressful and hateful place to work. The worst place that I have ever worked.
The providers will over-work you, and insult you on a daily basis
Pros
Cons
10 minute lunch, insulting providers, poor management, management will tell you whatever you want to hear but done't believe them
Vulture Culture
Employee (Current Employee) –  TexasOctober 29, 2018
The middle management is condescending and uncommunicative and uninterested and cold and disrespectful; they make decisions without thought. Unfortunately, they are the voice and face of the higher ups.
Production is important to everyone but we are given fewer resources at hand to see more and more volume.
There are so many moving parts and such lack of communication, that its a disorganized whirlwind most of the time.
The patient care aspect is the only thing that is still worthwhile.
Pros
Able to get cross coverage if a staff member is out
Cons
Dead end job without professional growth opportunities, poor middle management, poor benefits, no communication
Very stressful place to work
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Centreville, VAOctober 27, 2018
This company would be good if they focused more on how to improve the morale of staff in each office. So hard to be positive in such a negative environment. The lack of staff will make you feel over worked and under paid daily.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No structure, lack of staff
The Derm
Front Desk Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 25, 2018
The environment is horrible...the office on Tennyson in Plano isn't worth working at. The benefits are good and substantial but the environment makes you dread coming to work.
Pros
Rep Lunches, Good Friends, Funny Patients
Cons
Managment, Pay vs Job Duties, Environment
moral is low and expectations are high
wouldn't be anonymous (Current Employee) –  MarylandOctober 24, 2018
everything is discombobulated. No training and if you get its regarding something that is not in your job function and management everything to go through them however they never give you a resolution. The Dr.s for the most part are great to work with!! Management on the other hand lack of leadership and lack of communication.
Pros
free lunch one day a week
Cons
Nobody has a clue of what is going on or how to get a resolution
overall good enviroment to work
business specialist (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 23, 2018
I enjoy the day to day activities of office work here at USDP. Units are on the smaller side so get to know your fellow employees, which is always a plus.

A typical day is 8 hrs and they have a flex schedule (two weeks on / two weeks off) that allows you to come in 30 min early, take an abbreviated lunch and get off around 4 pm when on the flex schedule.
Pros
voluntary overtime, is available if you want it
Cons
pto lumped together, dont have separate sick time days
Great team culture!
LPN (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 23, 2018
USDP promotes a culture of superior patient care. They also provide a network of resources to its employees and practices. A great organization to be a part of!
Pathology Laboratory Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 23, 2018
I've been with US Dermatology Partners for almost 10 years and still look forward to coming to work daily. The providers are great and easily approachable. I've had the opportunity to advance in my career and am able to help with the growth of our company.
Pros
Health benefits, great coworkers, sponsored lunches
Productive work place
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  ArizonaOctober 23, 2018
as long as you are involved and participate in everyday things this job would be perfect for you it is easy going and a very relaxing job but also keeps you on your toes and you are very well kept updated about anything that is going on in the offices anywhere you are
Excellent start for new dermatology medical assistants
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Plano,TXOctober 22, 2018
If you are a new medical assistant program grad, college grad, or a seasoned medical assistant seeking to get into the highly competitive field of dermatology, this is the best place to start! The providers I work with are fantastic in every way. I also appreciate their support for my interest in advancing my education.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, Free Breakfast and Lunches, Letters of Recommendation for Advanced Education
Cons
Hourly Compensation, Staffing shortages
Great Company
Certified Dermatology Technician (Current Employee) –  Austin, TX, Central Texas regionOctober 22, 2018
I was rehired after having to relocate due to my mother getting sick. All I did was reapply and I was placed in a new city that I requested but i was able to keep the same position with same pay and benefits! I will be able to advance in the company in time as well.
Fun place to work
Quality Assurance/Quality Control Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXOctober 20, 2018
Enjoyed working there. Moved to another state so had to leave. Director of lab bought the staff breakfasts everday! Director also gave staff extra educational training so staff would be able to flourish in their future careers.
High School Atmosphere
CMA CDT (Current Employee) –  Bryan, TXOctober 18, 2018
This office has a very high school atmosphere, long time employees are allowed to bully new hires, there is a lack of consistentcy, rules apply on a person to person basis. New management is fickle and inconsistent. Lack of experience is very evident. The providers are easy to work with at this location but the staff are very immature and work the under mob mentality of a high school group of girls. Your work ethic will not matter at this location, who you make friends with will.
Pros
Competitive Pay and Ecellent Providers
Cons
Abusive Co-Workers and Poor Management
Overall good experience
Mohs Technician (Current Employee) –  Georgetown, TXAugust 20, 2018
I am able to learn new skills in various settings which I think will be very helpful to my career in the long run. Everyone aiding in my training has been very polite and warm. I never feel discouraged.
Would not recommend
MA (Former Employee) –  TexasAugust 13, 2018
By far the worst place I have sincerely worked at. Management or HR (hard to tell who’s who since there are so MANY of them) are extremely unprofessional! They are constantly bad mouthing any employee that they don’t get along with to management and other staff members. And if you should have an issue with one of the 10+ managers be sure they will make sure to give you a negative review when it comes time for “raises”! Be worn if you want a 10 cent raise for your hard work then this is the place for you; if not look somewhere else!
US Derm
Front Desk Medical Secretary (Current Employee) –  TexasAugust 13, 2018
Typical work day clock in, check in patients go to lunch 5 hours and 45 minutes later, clock in, check in patients and clock out at 5:00.

Manager is very kind and easy to work with. Workplace culture is horrible. Co-workers shun me and have done so since the day I started. The hardest part of the job is that no one seems to like their job.

The pay is low. I have to work 7 days a week with a part time job just to pay my rent.

The hardest part of the job is being there when there isn't a team spirit. It is very cut-throat.

The most enjoyable part of the job is the patients.
Pros
No pros
Cons
Pay rate
Just started
Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Waco, TXJuly 28, 2018
I’m very impressed so far and excited. Seems to be plenty of room for advancement. Managers are easily accessible and helpful. Staff is super friendly and accommodating. Medical benefits are pretty good.
Pros
Teamwork
Cons
None so far
busy
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZJuly 23, 2018
very busy. I have only been at US Dermatology for 2weeks.
Its hard to give an honest opinion at this time. Management seems to be great so far. Still learning
Typical Work Day
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXJuly 19, 2018
fast paced. Training could be a lot better. I did not receive enough training. Dr's and the nurses along with other staff members are very friendly and helpful.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough training
The HR Team is Amazing
HR Generalist (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJuly 18, 2018
Very helpful and available. They respond quick and ensure to support employees. They always give employees the benefit of the doubt and help teach them resources to improve performance. Best HR team I have worked with!
Pros
Good Pay
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Dermatology Partners. Our community is ready to answer.