U.S. Facilities, Inc Employee Reviews

US facilities
Maintenance Helper (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PA 19102September 29, 2019
US Facilities is a wonderful company to work to work for. A typical day for me would be first to know what I have in store for me that day. If I may not have any tickets, I would get with one of the techs and see what they have, weather it would be plumbing, hvac, or even electrical so I can gain a little experience in each of those trades. Management isn't to bad, they just want to make sure you doing what you need to do to stay busy. The hardest part of the job is just getting up and getting in there and finding parking. The most enjoyable part of the job are my coworkers because they want me to succeed and gain the knowledge of the work.
Welcoming Fun Environment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 26, 2019
The management office at US Facilities was professional, thorough and welcoming. They do a lot of promoting from within and if you're a hard worker they'll appreciate you.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
At the time of my departure there wasn't another comparable situation available for me to move to.
Poor upper mangement
BAS OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Readington, NJApril 6, 2019
The company did not send upper management or HR into the facility except every 3 years for contract negotiations. Facility was a Union shop. Direct supervisors were promoted based on that they were available to accept the position, not because they were the best suited .
Pros
Work was rewarding. Nice kitchen area. Showers available to freshen up after a grulling shift
Cons
After the first 2 years and a decent supervisor, all knowledge being imparted from the supervisors ceased, The benefit package for insurance was outrageously expensive, Alot of backstabing
Contract Work
Maintenance Technician & On-Call Bridge Operator (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VADecember 6, 2018
As I was working on a contract I am limited on what I can say for full time employees. The work environment was inviting enough, I had good supervisors, and fellow employees were friendly.
Administrative assistant
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, NJMay 4, 2018
The daily routine was performing data entry of the incoming merchandise from the containers. Supervision of the warehouse employees. Communication responsibilities to management.
good company to work for
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 17, 2018
I enjoyed the lab research this was interesting work. i always enjoy most laboratory work. this company did excellent work and treated their employees with respect and showed concern if problems arised.
Pros
very nice place to work
Cons
more research
US Facilities
Shipping/Receiving Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Auburn Hills, MIOctober 24, 2017
The work day for this company is average. The management is understanding and they help when it's needed. Working hard and efficient is a plus for this company.
fun work place
Electronics Engineer Technician - NPT (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 16, 2017
working at this company was great for me because as soon as I graduated from itt - tech I was hired and I love to woke up in the morning to get breakfast before I started my day at work and a lot of people that I would see on the average day base had my day and put a smile on my face even when I was stress, sad, ad, angry or didn't want to talk about it
Pros
Cons
brakes not really
Poor management
Employee (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 6, 2016
Instead of management caring about their employees, they put forth more time trying to discipline and fire them then anything.
Pros
Union benefits
Fun work
Drawbridge Operator (Former Employee) –  Prince George, VAJanuary 5, 2016
Typically sit around listening to radio for any ships in the area. I learned the difference between a draw bridge and a spanner bridge and how to work the spanner bridge. Outstanding co-workers on site that help no matter what the issue is. Management to hard on employees.
good work place
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 9, 2015
I love working with the company. the people were very nice people. I wouldn't mind working with them. There was no hard part about working there
Summer intern - unpaid
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAMarch 24, 2015
Would not like to work in this position long term. Advancement was based on seniority. Job technique were antiquated, used pencil and paper instead of the the full potential of the total station.
Not what they advertise.
Electrician (Former Employee) –  VDOT, Hampton Roads tunnelsMarch 12, 2015
Virginia Department of Transportation Hampton Roads Harbor Tunnels electrician job is not what they advertise. You will be doing mostly mechanical work. Turning valves, testing pumps, moving furniture, taking out the trash, etc. I worked at the MMMBT, and the HRBT, and they are not safe facilities at all. The switchgear room at the MMMBT has leaks in the roof, and when it rains, it leaks down inside of them. This is 13,800V mind you, and they expect you to go in and throw tarps over them while they're leaking. Proceed to this job with CAUTION. HRBT is old, built in the 50's, and their is asbestos present, but they won't inform you of where, and if you bring it up, VDOT will have you removed from the facility. Bringing up safety issue's here is a no no. Thats why I am no longer at this Facitily.
Pros
easy
Cons
terrible place to work, unless your with VDOT
Ok company to get started with
Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 15, 2014
Just remember you are a contractor. You can be let go at anytime for no reason.
Pros
Opportunity to gain experience.
Cons
Lack of communication from management, very cheap when it comes to spending money
Quiet and Peaceful work place
Janitor (Former Employee) –  Bessemer, ALAugust 28, 2014
Typical day at work involved me cleaning restrooms, Vacuuming office areas and all floor mats thoughout the building, Sweeping and mopping the cafeteria area, and taking out all the trash. My mananger was cool had no complaints or problems with him. My co-worker was cool had no complaints or problems from her. Nothing really hard about the job. Really didn't get the chance to have a enjoyable part of that job.
Fast paced.
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 23, 2013
Fast paced and as a worker I learned something about machines.Unfortunately they needed more help.I wish they would have hired more people.
A balance work life
Assistant Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 22, 2012
I work for a small to mid size business that specializing in government facility maintenance management. The owner is a good guy who pays well. Although I enjoyed the duties that I performed while at this company, there was no sense of job security because the contracts that they get are not long term. The only cons here are that since it is a small to mid size company there benefits and retirement plan could be better. As well as the opportunity to move up in the company.
Pros
good ownership
Cons
advancement, healthcare, and retirement
Interesting work environment
Project Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia PAMay 29, 2012
Great co-workers, not much employee interaction from different sites. Job not hard at all.
Pros
low key environment
Cons
communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Facilities, Inc. Our community is ready to answer.